• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Give me a break. Fake. Don't pay that liar anymore attention. That guy is playing everyone.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the legal damage already done by the pics we got already?

Also, of this story we are being fed is true, could Nintendo take legal action against the entire ESRB, not just the leaker?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Something to point out: MasterlinkX had stated that we didn't have the full roster at some point IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) and him vouching for NIE with the All-star lock actually gives a good reason for knowing the roster isn't complete but not knowing who the characters are.

Last edited:

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
It's a youtube commenter. My guess is he's lying. Youtube comments are about as unreliable as it gets, and this is the internet, where almost everything that isn't verified is unreliable.
I remember someone posting threads on r/smashbros about Shulk and Bowser Jrs movesets. I told him it wouldn't hold ground since he has no actual proof. He's just going around to different sites in order to be the one that breaks the news and have proof that he was right.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What makes him a lair?
If the Gamefaqs guy had a legitimate source for leaked images he wouldn't release the smallest possible images known to man. He'd be boasting and post pictures continuously and lauding over it.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Isn't the legal damage already done by the pics we got already?

Also, of this story we are being fed is true, could Nintendo take legal action against the entire ESRB, not just the leaker?
Yes, because it breaks the non-disclosure agreement.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Where did that pic of the lock come from? Can someone give me the link?

MikeAlex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mike_Bosch
I hope 2 things are false, the DLC characters and the cut Lucas leak

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
They're vouching for each other after Ness started saying that MasterLink was spreading misinformation. This all reeks of foul play.
And all of the visual evidence is becoming sketchier with the tiny icons and such. It was that way before the huge 4chan leak though, we had small icons and then the larger images. Can't wait to see what comes next!

micstar615

Smash Ace
In all due respect, some of you guys really should just read the last few pages of this thread instead of asking so may questions. I'll reiterate the current situation only once, NessInEagleland is a poster on gamefaqs who claimed that he has some insider info and that the leak with the CSS is legit. He stated that the current leaked roster may not be the final roster because all star mode is still locked. He then posted a picture of a lock symbol presumably connected to the All Star mode. MasterLinkX, a user here who leaked some legit stuff is vouching for NessInEagleland, lending him some credibility. However MasterlinkX may or may not be seen as credible by some because he tampered with his orginal leaks to throw people off, but his content was still legit.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
And all of the visual evidence is becoming sketchier with the tiny icons and such. It was that way before the huge 4chan leak though, we had small icons and then the larger images. Can't wait to see what comes next!
It's like a movie with action scenes and slow parts, it's sooooo entertaining.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Give me a break. Fake. Don't pay that liar anymore attention. That guy is playing everyone.
I gotta co-sign this. There is zero, ZERO, proof that Masterlinkx has any special info and has repeatedly expressed in the past that he loves screwing around with people to watch them go nuts. As someone who spends more time on GameFAQs than here I can certainly tell you (as many people already have) that NessinEagleland is a well known troll who has no special qualities other than some turd podcast that like a dozen people listen to. Some blurry, out of context picture of a lock that might not even be real should not sucker you in. Question these things.

NRool

Smash Rookie
If the Gamefaqs guy had a legitimate source for leaked images he wouldn't release the smallest possible images known to man. He'd be boasting and post pictures continuously and lauding over it.

Oh my lord, you are so full of it.
How do you know any of this? Did you magically become a mind reader and now you can somehow tell what's going on between a guy and presumably another person?

THAT'S BEING DISCUSSED IN PRIVATE.

Seriously, if it's so fake, why are you paying it so much attention? why is it such an important thing to you if you don't believe a word of any of it?

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
I'm still skeptical. I kind of want it to be true, and for Marshal/Chorus men to be in, but if it's not true, I won't be disappointed.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I gotta co-sign this. There is zero, ZERO, proof that Masterlinkx has any special info and has repeatedly expressed in the past that he loves screwing around with people to watch them go nuts. As someone who spends more time on GameFAQs than here I can certainly tell you (as many people already have) that NessinEagleland is a well known troll who has no special qualities other than some turd podcast that like a dozen people listen to. Some blurry, out of context picture of a lock that might not even be real should not sucker you in. Question these things.
I already explained to you and even posted proof that MLX had Shulk renders before they were posted. Now you're defaming NIE because other users are saying "but he's a troll" on Gamefaqs (which is well known for labeling anybody with differing opinions trolls)

Damn, man.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
He got the CSS first, or at least Shulk's icon.
He got smething prior the leaks, it's 100% sure.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
now he says hes not allowed to post another pixel yet he was allowed to post the lock. im done with it. fake as ****.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
That is the perfect description of what this is. I'm just waiting for the climax!!
Oh dude ew
All jokes aside, I hope it's not one of those bad movies that ends super anti-climactic.

Seriously, if it's so fake, why are you paying it so much attention? why is it such an important thing to you if you don't believe a word of any of it?
People claim that these people are trolls, but if this turns out to fake, they want to be around to become the trolls.

Or at least that's how I perceive it.

Last edited:

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
Oh my lord, you are so full of it.
How do you know any of this? Did you magically become a mind reader and now you can somehow tell what's going on between a guy and presumably another person?

THAT'S BEING DISCUSSED IN PRIVATE.

We're paying attention to it because it's something to talk about, mainly. And because its legitimacy might or might not directly affect the legitimacy of the leak that started this whole mess.

As for it being discussed in private, there is little reason to believe NessInEagleland's story. We are literally trusting him at his word. (or we're not trusting him, either way, you get what I'm saying) There is such a thing as healthy skepticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom