• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A SmashBoards member from 2007 with 21 posts, @salmonofdoubt , made a signature bet with me that this is real. I suggested permaban. He/she obliged.

Any other takers? :smirk:
Are you betting on this being fake or real? If the former, I can bet with you, because I think it is real. If the later, no thanks. :p

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
If we are getting the full menu picture, the we wont be getting it from NiE. His source seems pre-tty mad at him, If what he's saying is true.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I am vouching for Ness on the images that have been posted and hints towards them.

Anything more he'd wish to say or post passed the locked image he posted, I do not wish to vouch for, even if anything else he happens to say is true.

I do not wish to constantly monitor what he says.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Oh my lord, you are so full of it.
How do you know any of this? Did you magically become a mind reader and now you can somehow tell what's going on between a guy and presumably another person?

THAT'S BEING DISCUSSED IN PRIVATE.

Seriously, if it's so fake, why are you paying it so much attention? why is it such an important thing to you if you don't believe a word of any of it?
You know how I know? Because anyone who had the game would laud that fact. They wouldn't hide from it. They would grab the attention bull by the horns and make it theirs. If someone legitimate had the game, they would post that they, before anyone else, had the game. It's simple psychology, man. If you get a game early, you want to show it off. I got Bayonetta 1 early. You know what I did? I bragged to all of my friends that I had a copy before them. If said leaker had the game they wouldn't act like some Area 51 reject where they only release their information through channels. They'd want to soak up all the glory for themselves.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I'm still skeptical. I kind of want it to be true, and for Marshal/Chorus men to be in, but if it's not true, I won't be disappointed.
I wish the Dog, Jr. and the Doc are true.
You know how I know? Because anyone who had the game would laud that fact. They wouldn't hide from it. They would grab the attention bull by the horns and make it theirs. If someone legitimate had the game, they would post that they, before anyone else, had the game. It's simple psychology, man. If you get a game early, you want to show it off. I got Bayonetta 1 early. You know what I did? I bragged to all of my friends that I had a copy before them. If said leaker had the game they wouldn't act like some Area 51 reject where they only release their information through channels. They'd want to soak up all the glory for themselves.
Bragging is bad and you should feel bad. :c

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Not every single human being is or acts the same. Each individual human being has a different thought process and not everyone will think like you or other leakers. It's simple psychology, man.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
In all due respect, some of you guys really should just read the last few pages of this thread instead of asking so may questions. I'll reiterate the current situation only once, NessInEagleland is a poster on gamefaqs who claimed that he has some insider info and that the leak with the CSS is legit. He stated that the current leaked roster may not be the final roster because all star mode is still locked. He then posted a picture of a lock symbol presumably connected to the All Star mode. MasterLinkX, a user here who leaked some legit stuff is vouching for NessInEagleland, lending him some credibility. However MasterlinkX may or may not be seen as credible by some because he tampered with his orginal leaks to throw people off, but his content was still legit.
Interesting.
I took a mini break, so I have no idea what's going on.
However,mI'm more interetsed with MasterLinkX info being "legit"....
Has there been anymore evidence to this leak's legitimacy yet?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Confused as to why everyone is assuming that the whole roster is not revealed just because of that lock? Didn't the ESRB leakers say that it was part of a video cut together for ESRB to demonstrate different aspects of the game? In other words, who is to say that the footage that the dev team provided didn't come from different stages of completeness in the game. That is to say: how do we know that in one clip of the video, All Star Mode is locked, but when the video cuts to the roster, the footage is taken from an already-unlocked version of the game? While the way the images are stacked in the original leak images suggests that there is room for more characters, I just don't see why this is conclusive proof one way or the other.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
And then there are people who don't want to brag about what they have because they think of consequences...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
While the way the images are stacked in the original leak images suggests that there is room for more characters, I just don't see why this is conclusive proof one way or the other.
No one ever said it was conclusive proof of anything. People are just happy their beloved Mewtwo, Ridley and others still have a chance of being in.

Last edited:

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Confused as to why everyone is assuming that the whole roster is not revealed just because of that lock? Didn't the ESRB leakers say that it was part of a video cut together for ESRB to demonstrate different aspects of the game? In other words, who is to say that the footage that the dev team provided didn't come from different stages of completeness in the game. That is to say: how do we know that in one clip of the video, All Star Mode is locked, but when the video cuts to the roster, the footage is taken from an already-unlocked version of the game? While the way the images are stacked in the original leak images suggests that there is room for more characters, I just don't see why this is conclusive proof one way or the other.
Dont take this from me!! But seriously, I think there's still a high chance of this not being the complete roster, regardless.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wow, someone is optimistic.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough re:Mewtwo etc. Given how adamant everyone is about these characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up as DLC.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It'd be then strange to show the full roster if All Star Mode is shown locked in the video afterwards? Especially if the full roster is there to spoil the whole game?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I already explained to you and even posted proof that MLX had Shulk renders before they were posted. Now you're defaming NIE because other users are saying "but he's a troll" on Gamefaqs (which is well known for labeling anybody with differing opinions trolls)

Damn, man.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HE HAD PICTURES FIRST? Just because he had them AFTER they were posted? Because he says he did? And this is from the guy who thinks it's entertaining to screw with people?

And I've been on GameFAQs for over a decade. NiE is a bonfide, well-known career troll. Ask anyone who has been around there.

You act like its insulting to question things.

NRool

Smash Rookie
Again you're basing it on what YOU think.
I got Pokemon Y 3 days early, wanna know what I did?

I FREAKING PLAYED IT, the only time I let on I had it was when I caught a Honedge and asked for a nickname for it, a few hours into the game.

Stop basing others actions upon your own.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Since I have not been in this situation I can't exactly say I know what I would do if I was in it, but I think if I received early info on a game that I'd bottle it up. Doesn't get me or anybody else fired, doesn't get all these obnoxious arguments with the whole "#TeamReal" and "#TeamFake" (if that is even a thing), doesn't destroy the mystery of what characters are going to be revealed next, and I don't get flooded with questions that I can't answer if I don't have the full picture. Not everyone would decide to do what you would.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
HOW DO YOU KNOW HE HAD PICTURES FIRST? Just because he had them AFTER they were posted? Because he says he did? And this is from the guy who thinks it's entertaining to screw with people?

And I've been on GameFAQs for over a decade. NiE is a bonfide, well-known career troll. Ask anyone who has been around there.

He posted it on tumblr, and was posted a few hours before the thread on 4chan appears.
I know, I was shocked it was posted before and thought it was fake first befor eknowing the story.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Either way, the floodgates are set to open here any time now. I bet the information will come fast and furious out of Sakurai over the next couple weeks, and, at some point in the very near future, a cadre of leakers yet unparalleled will do an info dump like when the Brawl roster leaked with pics if a magazine or other publication doesn't beat them to it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmmm the leak got something

Apparently all star mode is on the menu of the non roster picture and it had a lock symbol on it.

Does that proove once and for all not all of the characters got unlocked?

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

You're getting annoying. He posted the Shulk Render in a Shulk support topic prior to the same render being posted in the 4chan topic. This is not his word, this is factual timeline: http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-410#post-17331256

The conclusion to draw from this is that he had pictures before they were posted and his "modify then to cause chaos" idea is verified. Or, you ca conclude the whole leak is fake and was done as a giant conspiracy.

But pardon me not taking your word on him being a troll when you have not presented a shred of evidence. I may not have been on gamefaqs for 10 years, but I've been around long enough to know the standard confrontational and childish attitude.You don't help your case by calling his podcast a "turd".

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
He posted it on tumblr, and was posted a few hours before the thread on 4chan appears.
I know, I was shocked it was posted before and thought it was fake first befor eknowing the story.
Okay, so maybe you can help me because no one else has.

Can we currently see it on Tumblr with the date/time posted? All I've seen were some gifs of a random time stamp which could easily be faked.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so maybe you can help me because no one else has.

Can we currently see it on Tumblr with the date/time posted? All I've seen were some gifs of a random time stamp which could easily be faked.
I think he took it off of tumblr and reposted it, so the time and date aren't going to be correct. correct me if I'm wrong

Khao

Smash Lord
Hrhm, been lurking this thread forever, figured I might just casually throw in my thoughts.

I'm still not buying it.

However, not a single one of the arguments trying to disprove it have been convincing in the slightest, which is far more than we can say about every other leak ever.

So right now, if you ask me, it really could go both ways, I really don't know what to think.

As for the actual roster, I like it. For real, my very first expectation was a roster somewhere around 45 characters, this **** would surpass that by a mile. So even with no Ice Climbers (which I honestly can't see happening even if this is real) this is a pretty ****ing good roster. Heck, Dr. Mario and Pittoo I honestly think add absolutely nothing of value to the roster, and Dr. Mario especially I think would actually work better as an Mario alt, but even if you ignore them, this roster if ****ing humongous, so I really can't even complain about that. So yes, I want it to be real. I'm just not convinced it is just yet, and I think the only thing that will actually make me support either side is an official update showing anything that directly contradicts or supports the leak. Probably a new character or stage.

Also, wanna say something about Ness's shirt.

Maybe the reason his shirt is not slightly twisted at the botton is because it might be animated this time around. If you give a shirt actual movement, then you can't just make the way it's freaking folded a part of the design as a whole.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
You're getting annoying. He posted the Shulk Render in a Shulk support topic prior to the same render being posted in the 4chan topic. This is not his word, this is factual timeline: http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-410#post-17331256

The conclusion to draw from this is that he had pictures before they were posted and his "modify then to cause chaos" idea is verified. Or, you ca conclude the whole leak is fake and was done as a giant conspiracy.

But pardon me not taking your word on him being a troll when you have not presented a shred of evidence. I may not have been on gamefaqs for 10 years, but I've been around long enough to know the standard confrontational and childish attitude.You don't help your case by calling his podcast a "turd".
Okay, about 8 PM for this. Any idea what time the leak made it on 4chan? I don't have a leak since it was archived.

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
NIE should be able to post more images...he's already telling us things that his source probably wouldn't want disclosed

D

Deleted member

NIE should be able to post more images...he's already telling us things that his source probably wouldn't want disclosed
Would you continue posting images and info knowing it was getting one of your friends in trouble?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
The lone post on my Tumblr with the Shulk image and CSS icon is the REAL LEAKED Shulk image.

I have only place my edited Shulk image in this post publicly before the real one got out.
http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-410#post-17331256

Okay, about 8 PM for this. Any idea what time the leak made it on 4chan? I don't have a leak since it was archived.
Read the bottom of this post: http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-92#post-17375186

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Does nobody on this site care for spoilers? Curious, because this leak is showing all the characters and stages.

D

Deleted member

Does nobody on this site care for spoilers? Curious, because this leak is showing all the characters and stages.
I couldn't care less. I just want to try and unlock them all without being told how. I'm gonna learn the roster before U.S. release anyways.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, it's one thing to post something. It's another thing to continue to post them. He'd just get in more trouble if he leaked more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom