• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does nobody on this site care for spoilers? Curious, because this leak is showing all the characters and stages.
You come to the biggest Smash Bros. site and expect it to not give information because some people dislike spoilers? If you didn't want spoilers, you shouldn't be on the Internet this close to release.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
The lone post on my Tumblr with the Shulk image and CSS icon is the REAL LEAKED Shulk image.

I have only place my edited Shulk image in this post publicly before the real one got out.
http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-410#post-17331256

Read the bottom of this post: http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-92#post-17375186
Alright, thanks. In the 4 days of saying you might not be real, no one has bothered to point this out. No offense but Ness has a terrible reputation so I'm still skeptical if this fraudster is somehow involved with you but this is definitely better.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Why would we wager our accounts over a leak?
So no.

Are you betting on this being fake or real? If the former, I can bet with you, because I think it is real. If the later, no thanks. :p
I wasn't the person who made the bet, but now I'm just extending it to anyone else. You wanna forfeit your Premium? Confidence at its highest. :smirk:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So no.

I wasn't the person who made the bet, but now I'm just extending it to anyone else. You wanna forfeit your Premium? Confidence at its highest. :smirk:
Stop. You're contributing nothing to the thread but spamming it with silly bets. Don't try to egg people on or antagonize them.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Someone a couple pages back said something about a Youtube leaker with an info dump about the Bowser Jr. and Shulk movesets. Was there ever a link to this? I didn't see it appear in the thread.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
You come to the biggest Smash Bros. site and expect it to not give information because some people dislike spoilers? If you didn't want spoilers, you shouldn't be on the Internet this close to release.
Touché.

I was saying did any others worry about spoilers.

Everybody Loves Raydley

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Preach! Haha, for me it's a scale. It's the excitement I'll feel seeing new characters for the first time vs. the hours of entertainment debating, speculating, and debunking. The latter usually wins.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Stop. You're contributing nothing to the thread but spamming it with silly bets. Don't try to egg people on or antagonize them.
100 pages of naivety and duck anatomy. I'll stop. Now it seems that TeamReal is TeamFake, though.

Carry on.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Edit: Nevermind, haven't seen Opossun's post before posting.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Alright, thanks. In the 4 days of saying you might not be real, no one has bothered to point this out. No offense but Ness has a terrible reputation so I'm still skeptical if this fraudster is somehow involved with you but this is definitely better.
Well that is an understatement :facepalm: I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is too inebriated to make normal posts a lot of the time

And if he didn't want to get his friends in trouble he wouldn't have posted anything in the first place. Like Caw Evolution said, the damage you caused is done so might as well post the full thing. We just have to wait until he finishes photoshopping it

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Interesting.
I took a mini break, so I have no idea what's going on.
However,mI'm more interetsed with MasterLinkX info being "legit"....
Has there been anymore evidence to this leak's legitimacy yet?
"Legit" was most definitely the wrong word for me to use, I'd say it's more plausible to say that his content (besides the portrait of Shulk which he edited, and the disablad thing he edited) have a lot going for them, but nothing has been proven just yet. Some of the fanbase trusts Masterlinkx, some don't.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
So to be clear, assuming this leak is real, there are still characters left to unlock, right? The CSS looks awfully messy as it is.

#TeamBenefitOfTheDoubt

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So to be clear, assuming this leak is real, there are still characters left to unlock, right? The CSS looks awfully messy as it is.

#TeamBenefitOfTheDoubt
People assume so, since some characters aren't with their respective franchise.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
People assume so, since some characters aren't with their respective franchise.
I doubt unlocking characters would move Bowser Jr. and Rosalina from the right to the left of Yoshi.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how any of the characters in the leak are out of place. The clones got their own section. It makes complete sense.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I doubt unlocking characters would move Bowser Jr. and Rosalina from the right to the left of Yoshi.

Well Peach/Yoshi sure moved an incredible distance to end up near Mario in Brawl so anything is possible. Not to mention Diddy being on the opposite side as DK.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
What's the general consensus on the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Chorus Kids thing?

I'm very confident in the photos being real, but I haven't heard much discussion on the fact that that "leak" tied so closely to them.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think that roster screen is probably the strongest case for it being fake, given the wacky placements. I know people talk about stuff moving around, but it's an obvious oddity.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
What's the general consensus on the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Chorus Kids thing?

I'm very confident in the photos being real, but I haven't heard much discussion on the fact that that "leak" tied so closely to them.
I think it is possible, but impossible to say. If there are more characters to unlock, I hope we get them.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I think that roster screen is probably the strongest case for it being fake, given the wacky placements. I know people talk about stuff moving around, but it's an obvious oddity.
Roster placement isn't something fake leaks normally would screw up. It's incredibly simple to photoshop characters in the correct categories. Why would they not do it? Every fake CSS has everyone in the proper expected places.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
How about we talk about how we're going to unlock some of these characters?

I couldn't take another Mewtwo.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
All of them must have met Sakurai's criteria for being an official "separate character" as opposed to being a power/hitbox rebalance.

Also re:Ridley, Dixie, Chorus, etc., am I mistaken or did that information come from several sources? Still would be intractably skeptical about the DLC content unless some other corroborated information bolsters the claim. I could def see Chorus Kids being DLC or part of the final roster at this point after all the chatter, but Dixie, Mewtwo, and (to a lesser extent) Ridley are still on shaky ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Roster placement isn't something fake leaks normally would screw up. It's incredibly simple to photoshop characters in the correct categories. Why would they not do it? Every fake CSS has everyone in the proper expected places.
Simple forgetfulness, really. Yoshi is by and large associated with Mario, like Rosalina is, but for the purposes of Smash, isn't. While Brawl everything was jumbled up, there was an obvious progression that made every character eventually grouped up vertically by franchise association. In that picture you posted, Peach is to the left of Yoshi, and ends up, ultimately, to the left of Yoshi on the final roster screen. There's a simple lack of placement logic in regards to Yoshi / Rosalina / Bowser Jr. since they're not from the same franchise in the Smash universe.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice

Well Peach/Yoshi sure moved an incredible distance to end up near Mario in Brawl so anything is possible. Not to mention Diddy being on the opposite side as DK.
We've been over this so many times. Brawl's CSS moves around according to a simple, perfectly logical sliding mechanism that people understood completely before the game was even out. It's a wonderful dynamic system and would be even MORE organized for a game that had characters arranged by series horizontally instead of vertically. Both the demos and the alleged leaks point to Smash 4 using the exact same mechanism. And that mechanism provides absolutely no way to sort out the problems with the CSS in the "leaked" image.

For the characters to end up completely sorted from where they are in the image, a more complex sorting system would have to have twisted around the characters into weird intermediate configurations. And everything points to the devs simply not caring enough about unfinished configurations to bother with that: Melee's starting roster, Brawl's as you show right there, the roster in the demos with the Zelda characters split along a wraparound, and even the roster that shows up in the "leaked" images.

---

On an unrelated note: there's no question at this point that Nintendo is at least teasing Dark Pit. I happen to be in the camp hoping that the teasing is just that and will only result in Dark Pit taking on a non-playable role like an AT. But, of course, hoping that teasing like that will fail to pay off is not particularly good news for Ridley. Would I, as a staunch Ridley supporter, be willing to make that sacrifice? To hope that Dark Pit fails to be playable, even if it takes away Ridley's chances as well?

The answer is yes.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Here's a theory to fire up the Mewtwo supporters: he was seen in the intro trailer but not on the CSS, confusing them into posting a ? mark.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Simple forgetfulness, really. Yoshi is by and large associated with Mario, like Rosalina is, but for the purposes of Smash, isn't. While Brawl everything was jumbled up, there was an obvious progression that made every character eventually grouped up vertically by franchise association. In that picture you posted, Peach is to the left of Yoshi, and ends up, ultimately, to the left of Yoshi on the final roster screen. There's a simple lack of placement logic in regards to Yoshi / Rosalina / Bowser Jr. since they're not from the same franchise in the Smash universe.
?
You just used an argument based around knowing the final roster.
When, assuming this isn't, you don't on this one.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
We've been over this so many times. Brawl's CSS moves around according to a simple, perfectly logical sliding mechanism that people understood completely before the game was even out. It's a wonderful dynamic system and would be even MORE organized for a game that had characters arranged by series horizontally instead of vertically. Both the demos and the alleged leaks point to Smash 4 using the exact same mechanism. And that mechanism provides absolutely no way to sort out the problems with the CSS in the "leaked" image.

For the characters to end up completely sorted from where they are in the image, a more complex sorting system would have to have twisted around the characters into weird intermediate configurations. And everything points to the devs simply not caring enough about unfinished configurations to bother with that: Melee's starting roster, Brawl's as you show right there, the roster in the demos with the Zelda characters split along a wraparound, and even the roster that shows up in the "leaked" images.

---

On an unrelated note: there's no question at this point that Nintendo is at least teasing Dark Pit. I happen to be in the camp hoping that the teasing is just that and will only result in Dark Pit taking on a non-playable role like an AT. But, of course, hoping that teasing like that will fail to pay off is not particularly good news for Ridley. Would I, as a staunch Ridley supporter, be willing to make that sacrifice? To hope that Dark Pit fails to be playable, even if it takes away Ridley's chances as well?

The answer is yes.
But why?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
?
You just used an argument based around knowing the final roster.
When, assuming this isn't, you don't on this one.
The point is that there's no reason for Rosalina (I'll throw out Bowser Jr. here, since we don't know his Franchise association) to not grouped together with the rest of the primary Mario characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom