• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The picture so low quality I can only make out Shulk and Charizard.
Really? I can't see outlines around Charizard, only around Ganondorf (blue) and Shulk (red). Edit: Never mind, I can see Charizard's outlines.
Doesn't Lucina's sword look red? Couldn't that be because it's outlined?
Interesting point. Haven't though about that, but her sword looks red and I don't remember it looking red in any official picture.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
He got early access to the Shulk portrait, and spent a lot of time editing it. Meaning he had early access for a few days before this was all posted
We don't know that he had early access just because he says he did. And even that doesn't mean he should have information beyond the pictures.

Like someone above me said, I think Masterlinkx is just blowing hot air.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I was gone for 12 hours, what did I miss?
I don't think anything too much, but I've been gone too. But as a reminder, the mods don't want us making these types of posts anymore. They'll be considered spam.

I think that there is a faint blue line that I can see around Ganondorf that stands out slightly from the blue background by being a tad lighter. Easiest place I can see it is still Lucina's sword, though.

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
I see no outlines at all on those actually. This is still fake either way and those believers will be butthurt coming sept 13th.. Cause I doubt Iceclimbers is cut nor Wolf and Dr.Mario over Mewtwo!. I can see Lucas and snake gone

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
If you truly believe this leak is fake, then do you believe a newly released and translated Famitsu magazine was given to the faker by a Japanese contact so that he could create an original photoshop of the stage in within a day? If so, then go on ahead and say it's fake.
That isn't required. The room is actually from the Tomodachi Life game. He wouldn't have to swipe it from Famitsu.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm not saying I think the outlines proves the whole leak fake or anything. I really don't know. It's just something that was pointed out to me, and it stood out as odd in my mind.

I can kinda see some blue on part of Charizard, maybe these team lines are toggleable in size. The pic is so blurry that I really don't know. But that's the classic leak fallback, and is always a convenient excuse...

I won't judge the leak until I see proof either way.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
Except for they both have the same pieces of furniture, which do NOT appear in the game,
Also, the orientation of the leak room is different that the room in Tomadachi. It is possible that the leaker made a room based on the Tomadachi room, but what are the chances of him getting the exact right room?

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

I still very much think Lucina's sword is obviously outlined in red. Either it is outlined in red, she's wearing a red outfit that gives her sword some sort of red accents, or it's simply covered in the blood of her enemies. Probably the first one, though.

The real question, though, is why is Lucina up smashing when there's no one even close to her? Go help Shulk! :laugh:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Am I the only one seeing part of blue around Charizard ?
I have bad eyes, but I think we can see some blue as an outline...

And I suppose we didn't make another comparison between the Tomodachi pic in the leak and the one in Famitsu ?

At this point I prefer to believe this leak and be happy if it's fake then deny it and be upset if it's real.
But what if you believe it and it ends up real ?

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if this was said or not but... maybe it's just me but I can't find N's Castle on the stage select screen. Can somebody point out where it is? If not, that stage select screen is fake. Because on the daily picture you could see reshiram at a castle which was probably N's, but there is no castle like stage on the stage select screen...

Reila

Don't know if this was said or not but... maybe it's just me but I can't find N's Castle on the stage select screen. Can somebody point out where it is? If not, that stage select screen is fake. Because on the daily picture you could see reshiram at a castle which was probably N's, but there is no castle like stage on the stage select screen...
First stage in the third row:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

N's castle is the first stage on third row from the left.

EDIT : Greninja'd

Last edited:

Reila

I wonder why there isn't a duck hunt stage
Same reason there isn't a Wii Fit stage most likely. Though I find weird that Boxing Ring is in both versions, but the Wii Fit stage isn't. If the stage select screen is complete, they clearly were lazy with the 3DS stages. Lots of franchises unrepresented or without new stages (Metroid, DK, arguably Kirby and well, Sonic).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Shulk's positioning isn't that weird. They are simply making the roster look aesthetically pleasing by putting him there, and he's pretty much one of the few characters in that roster (the other would be Wii Fit Trainer) that can properly start that row dominated by third parties. Kind of like how Mr. Game & Watch was leading the third party line in Brawl. He was there purely because of design choice.
I'd say that considering the source, he's one of the least likely characters to start that row. Let's face it, if this is our roster he is by FAR the most unknown character. People would naturally assume that he isn't a Nintendo character, just like prior to UMvC3, people were asking why they were adding 7 Capcom characters and only 5 Marvels. Because they had no idea that Rocket Raccoon was a Marvel character, they assumed he was Capcom.

Shulks design really doesn't fit the mold of a Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm pretty well entirely convinced this is real at this point. IMO the evidence is just overwhelming; the idea that someone would individually craft so many unique renders so close to release where at best people would be fooled for 3 weeks, would arrange them in a css with a novel ordering compared to past smash games (clones totally separate), and would even so well concur with information right around the time of the release (the Brinstar reveal the day before, the Tomodachi Life thing the day after) is just insane and overall a very low probability event. On the other hand, we really can't do much with this character information; it's interesting and I really look forward to seeing some of these movesets in action, but it will be whatever it's going to be and honestly hearing that Duck Hunt is a character just tells me that there will be one character in the game that plays in some way completly novel to me which... isn't much in the way of information.

The stages, however, are quite interesting since it seems like with only 3-4 exceptions (depending on whether there's one more stage to be unlocked to fill the screen) the stages we haven't been shown are past stages (though PictoChat may be a "PictoChat 2" with new drawings!). This actually lets me really dig into our plausible scenarios on stage legality for 3DS; by my count when we ignore the 3-4 totally unknown stages, we're sitting at 7 strongly legal stages and 8 more legality candidates while the other 16 stages have weak chances at best. I kinda want to make a new thread to really dig into this topic in great depth and to talk about what this all means for stage rules, but I'm not sure how practical or appropriate that would be with this still vigorous debate about the leak being real.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'm still curious as to what that pink stage could be, as that SSS shot is so blurry. Even though EarthBound is the only returning franchise with no stage representation at all otherwise, I'm not sure I can see that being Magicant from either game (though admittedly the MOTHER version has a lot of room for reinterpretation / graphical updates), and I certainly don't think it's Pink Cloud, as so many are saying.

Seriously, the "Pink Cloud" area in EarthBound is just that; a single, flat, and fairly small pink cloud. I just finished playing through the game, so I should know.

Last edited:

anon1776

Banned via Warnings
To be honest, leakers shouldn't have share the pictures if they valued their jobs in first place. It's their faults for trusting wrong people. The leak situation itself is getting at the point where it is completely silly and messy. I would like to see leak being real but right now the situation is just strange enough to make me felt that I should stay neutral at this.

I'm going to be frank about this situation.

1. First Leaker leaked CSS Roster and DLC List, after he had a discussion with a moderator and certain people if I understand this right. He suddenly backtracked and claimed that he faked the list. I wonder if "someone" could pressured him to announced that it's fake (in order to save someone) or it's actually fake after all.
Let me clear this up:
I got the Duckhunt Dog and CSS images from a friend, who said I was free to leak it if I wanted and that he intended to leak his information later. Afterwards, I wanted to make sure my friend wasn't bull****ing, so I verified the information via my job.

Later, I saw the original post on 4chan, the one with the Character Icons, and thought it was my friend leaking information already. After waiting a bit to make sure it was the real deal, I posted the CSS and Duckhunt Dog images. I then made the DLC list in an attempt to smoke out copy-cat leakers and to **** around with everyone a bit for fun.

I then got in contact with the mods/various other people. Told them the same basic story. Only things that I lied about was anything that might indict my friend/stuff relating to my job. I made sure repeatedly say that I didn't get my information/images from "a friend of a friend" as to keep my promise to my friend of not disclosing him in any possible way.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So what are people saying about the stages and the lack of Earthbound/Duck Hunt Dog/etc.? Just that he hasn't unlocked them yet? Because the lack of an Earthbound stage is strange, it would seem most likely to see Onett as a returner for the 3DS.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I'd say that considering the source, he's one of the least likely characters to start that row. Let's face it, if this is our roster he is by FAR the most unknown character. People would naturally assume that he isn't a Nintendo character, just like prior to UMvC3, people were asking why they were adding 7 Capcom characters and only 5 Marvels. Because they had no idea that Rocket Raccoon was a Marvel character, they assumed he was Capcom.

Shulks design really doesn't fit the mold of a Nintendo character.
if Shulk doesn't fit then Link or any other Zelda character doesn't fit

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Same reason there isn't a Wii Fit stage most likely. Though I find weird that Boxing Ring is in both versions, but the Wii Fit stage isn't. If the stage select screen is complete, they clearly were lazy with the 3DS stages. Lots of franchises unrepresented or without new stages (Metroid, DK, arguably Kirby and well, Sonic).
Wut? There is a Wii Fit stage.

Reila

Wut? There is a Wii Fit stage.
I was talking about the 3DS game, as you can see I said "they clearly were lazy with the 3DS stages".
I'm going ask: What IS that Pink stage? Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy?
It is speculated to be the Magicant from the Mother series, though it could be the Rhythm Heaven as well (unlikely since there are no RH reps in the game).

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I see no outlines at all on those actually. This is still fake either way and those believers will be butthurt coming sept 13th.. Cause I doubt Iceclimbers is cut nor Wolf and Dr.Mario over Mewtwo!. I can see Lucas and snake gone
"Oh look, it has a character over the character i like, it must be fake"
-Mewtwo fanboys

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If it is the Magicant: why make a new Mother stage, but not a new DK or Metroid stage?

I know no one can really answer that, but I don't see the logic in making a new stage for a rather small series, and reducing DK and Metroid to just one returning stage.

-Mewtwo fanboys
You don't have to be a jerk about it.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Let me clear this up:
I got the Duckhunt Dog and CSS images from a friend, who said I was free to leak it if I wanted and that he intended to leak his information later. Afterwards, I wanted to make sure my friend wasn't bull****ing, so I verified the information via my job.

Later, I saw the original post on 4chan, the one with the Character Icons, and thought it was my friend leaking information already. After waiting a bit to make sure it was the real deal, I posted the CSS and Duckhunt Dog images. I then made the DLC list in an attempt to smoke out copy-cat leakers and to **** around with everyone a bit for fun.

I then got in contact with the mods/various other people. Told them the same basic story. Only things that I lied about was anything that might indict my friend/stuff relating to my job. I made sure repeatedly say that I didn't get my information/images from "a friend of a friend" as to keep my promise to my friend of not disclosing him in any possible way.
How is it that the 4chan Post is So similar to the Ninko Leak then?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
This leak has many people frazzled and confused. I'm curious if Sakurai actually knows and simply doesn't care and will carry on plans normally as if the leak doesn't exist. We still need another Nintendo Direct before launch so I'm sure we'll get something soon to confirm this leak is either genuine or pure fabrication.

What I can't get out of my head is the lack of Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers. I don't know how plausible for 2 starters (Lucas and ICs) to suddenly be cut, nor have 2 Earthbound characters (Ness and Lucas) be unlockable. Wolf being unlockable is understandable since he was last game. Snake I honestly wouldn't miss because I think we have enough 3rd party characters.

I also find it quite odd that Shulk was slapped in the third party row when there is space on the row above for another character, which leads me to believe there are still more characters to unlock.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
if Shulk doesn't fit then Link or any other Zelda character doesn't fit
Generally, Link has usually had a very toony design.

Not to mention that he's a gaming icon. Shulk is more like something out of a Final Fantasy game.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Oh lawd this is already 81 pages.

I have heard around that Neo Zero is on the fence with the leak. That true?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Let me clear this up:

You think your friend have the images to others to leak as well? Or just you?

Did your friend care if they were touched up or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom