• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
Honestly the chances for that are really low, but just due to how odd and blurry the menus and images in this leak look, I can't 100% get behind this being real.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Not quite. Remember, the Direct showed a shadow of Ridley. This Famitsu magazine has now confirmed that this big thing that casts the shadow IS the stage hazard.

While Brinstar was a safe bet, an original room that hasn't been seen before is not. You'd have to design this room and then somehow make it exactly like it will be shown in a future Famitsu magazine.
Your first point is especially good and it pretty much limits what the leaker could've "left out".

The room is pretty much the best thing to ever happen to the leak.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Honestly the chances for that are really low, but just due to how odd and blurry the menus and images in this leak look, I can't 100% get behind this being real.
Wasn't there someone in this thread who took a picture of his 3DS with a good quality camera and the screen still ended up blurry?

EDIT: 3000 get

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys http://imgur.com/a/xWSQc

The part about the metroid stage.

This pretty much confirms Ridley is a stage hazard...?
That entire article was mostly based on speculation. Famitsu doesn't have much inside information and the information that they actually have is probably given to them by Sakurai. Considering Sakurai has been stringing up Ridley for an entire year....he isn't going to let Famitsu have the honors. Famitsu is just as in the dark as we are about certain things.

Last edited:

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
Woah @ samsparta21 samsparta21 , you got the 3000th post! Also, I agree with you that any picture taken of the 3DS screen could end up blurry, especially if taken very quickly like the photos in this leak probably were.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Something giant! Kind of hilarious. It's like they are trying to torture Ridley fans and threw out a thinly veiled 'too big' shot out there. Just not nice.

Unfortunately this puts a real nail in the Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie, etc. coffin
Why so? Just because there's no Ridley doesn't mean there's no Dixie. Remember the CSS is confirmed to be incomplete.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Villager
-Pokemon from X/Y
-Mii Fighters
-Palutena
-Pac-Man
-Shulk
-Chorus Men?

"Good guessing"
Why are Shulk and Chorus men on the list when they aren't confirmed? And isn't Pokemon form X/Y a list of over 70 pokemon? Add in a few characters that everyone thought was getting in anyway and voila, Gematsu.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Why so? Just because there's no Ridley doesn't mean there's no Dixie. Remember the CSS is confirmed to be incomplete.
It's CONFIRMED to be incomplete? When I asked about that earlier people agreed that the idea was just fan speculation because of blank spots.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Not quite. Remember, the Direct showed a shadow of Ridley. This Famitsu magazine has now confirmed that this big thing that casts the shadow IS the stage hazard.
Meta Ridley :p
But seriously, if Ridley is actually a stage hazard. Then that's a pretty big blow to Metroid fans. Why tease a stage hazard for that long. Anyway. Regarding the leak. I legitimately don't know what to think now. I'm just gonna say the leak is real. Just so I won't be as disappointed when it is 100% confirmed by Sakurai himself. #Teamreal

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
While Brinstar was a safe bet, an original room that hasn't been seen before is not. You'd have to design this room and then somehow make it exactly like it will be shown in a future Famitsu magazine.
I'm not so sure they are exactly the same, the statue/plant pot thing looks further to the right on a sss and is a different colour, the lamp behind the sofa appears to be missing in the famitsu scan, the table looks like it's brown in the sss rather than white in the Famitsu scan, and ther's either a door or a wall scroll in the sss that doesn't appear in the Famitus pick where the statue/pot was in the sss leak.

I don't have Tomodachi Life so I don't know which is more accurate to the original... but it appears all the rooms are based off of interiors in the game (of which there are only 100 as I'm aware), so the fact that it's not perfect is a pretty big blow to the leak imo.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't have Tomodachi Life so I don't know which is more accurate to the original... but it appears all the rooms are based off of interiors in the game (of which there are only 100 as I'm aware), so the fact that it's not perfect is a pretty big blow to the leak imo.
Actually, what we see in the Famitsu is an interior that is NOT in Tomodachi if I read the arguments again. It was just made for the game.
I'll look the pictures closely again, we really need to know if it's the same room or not. The walls indeed look different, at least the color...

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
One of the rooms on the Tomodachi Life stage was in the leak before it was shown in the Famitsu magazine, and not only is it one of a huge number of rooms, the arrangement is even different so there is no way you could guess it.

The leak goes along with the Ninka leak, which adds a few of the characters that could go in those final spots.

The leak only came out a day after Brinstar was revealed, and yet it had Brinstar in it.

I would think this confirms the leak already, Masterlinkx or no Masterlinkx.
I'm aware of that. However, that detail really is the only thing holding this leak up beyond the usual leak fare, much like the Wii Fit Trainer prediction was Gematsu's ace in the hole. There are a few (admittedly unlikely) explanations for the Tomadachi pic, like early Famitsu access. While that doesn't seem likely, when the entire leak currently hinges on that pic, I think it's a fair thing to consider. There have been numerous errors throughout the leaked pictures, so I'm waiting to see a little bit more definitive evidence before I believe anything. At the very least, I think the leakers are not to be trusted and I don't believe anything not directly in the pictures (no offense any leakers reading this, being skeptical is just my rule).

As for the Brinstar thing, that's really not all that surprising. Clearly, a huge amount of work was put into this leak if it's fake, so the inclusion of one picture of a stage which has been around for a decade is not all the conclusive. For all we know, the leaker had already put Brinstar in just by chance and didn't need to change anything last-minute. There are a LOT of old stages in this leak.

And I don't think adding more characters makes this any more believable. Sakurai has said they're not focusing on expanding the roster as much this time, but with 55+ characters this would be an enormous roster (a 16 character increase from Brawl, the biggest ever increase for a SSB game).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Actually, what we see in the Famitsu is an interior that is NOT in Tomodachi if I read the arguments again. It was just made for the game.
I'll look the pictures closely again, we really need to know if it's the same room or not. The walls indeed look different, at least the color...

I've just looked through the list and it looks like it's based on the Modern Asian interior from Tomodachi Life given the couch, plant pot (the one with a plant in it not the odd gold/silver one that seems to change colour between pictures) and table design... that said the Urn? thing that's gold and looks more like a statue in the sss and silver in the Famitsu scan seems to be new as far as I can tell. Acutally that's probably the Mii inhabiting the room, ignore this! As is the lamp that's missing from Famitsu. On further inspecition it also looks like the Famitsu scan is more accurate on the white pot the plant is in, giving it a wider top like in the game whereas the sss looks like a cylinder.

Interestingly the angled couch would be something we would have had to guessed right... Although looking at the Miiverse picture both those chairs where angled so maybe he got it from there... I'll have to look into what those interiors are based on.

They're not supposed to go at an angle!!

Kirby stands infront of this in the PotD and the red chair is angled out.

I haven't found the other interior but given that none of the other interiors have angled couches I would assume whatever the last one is also has it flat against the wall. It should be noted the Modern Asian and the other one (the one Rosalina's infront of) couches are slanted at pretty much the exact same angle too.

Basically my argument seems to comes down to the lamp and wall scroll that was added in the SSS, and that weren't present in Famitsu scan, as well as the possibly different plantpot and table design. The argument for is the placement of the plant and the table in the room as the sofa is in the same position as the previous sofa in the PotD...

I'm still not sold either way.

As for the colours that's just that the sss is slightly red shifted, you can see it in other stages that the whites look slightly pink-ish. The Sofa shares the same discrepancy.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm aware of that. However, that detail really is the only thing holding this leak up beyond the usual leak fare, much like the Wii Fit Trainer prediction was Gematsu's ace in the hole. There are a few (admittedly unlikely) explanations for the Tomadachi pic, like early Famitsu access. While that doesn't seem likely, when the entire leak currently hinges on that pic, I think it's a fair thing to consider. There have been numerous errors throughout the leaked pictures, so I'm waiting to see a little bit more definitive evidence before I believe anything. At the very least, I think the leakers are not to be trusted and I don't believe anything not directly in the pictures (no offense any leakers reading this, being skeptical is just my rule).

As for the Brinstar thing, that's really not all that surprising. Clearly, a huge amount of work was put into this leak if it's fake, so the inclusion of one picture of a stage which has been around for a decade is not all the conclusive. For all we know, the leaker had already put Brinstar in just by chance and didn't need to change anything last-minute. There are a LOT of old stages in this leak.

And I don't think adding more characters makes this any more believable. Sakurai has said they're not focusing on expanding the roster as much this time, but with 55+ characters this would be an enormous roster (a 16 character increase from Brawl, the biggest ever increase for a SSB game).
Remember that the ESRB is an American organization. Early Famitsu access would only have been possible if you lived in Japan. How would a North American have access to an already-translated version of Famitsu from the other side of the planet? If it was someone from Japan, they would have "faked" the Japanese rating organization (CERO) instead. And in Japanese.

I'll agree Brinstar is not conclusive evidence, however it was rather fast. It's just something small that adds to it.

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Since Smash always use the picture of the old smashs for the retro stage, the leaker just had to use the picture of Brinstar here : http:// i.imgur. com /GzVsk.jpg and then put it in his leak. Should take 10 to 20 minutes to do (or maybe a bit more, but not that much).

Also, he could just have a Japanese friend. If this is fake, it must have taken a few weeks to prepare it, so making sure to get the famitsu first through a contact in Japan wouldn't be that surprising.

EDIT: Bad English is bad, sorry.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Since Smash always use the picture of the old smashs for the retro stage, the leaker just had to use the picture of Brinstar here : http:// i.imgur. com /GzVsk.jpg and then put it in his leak. Should take 10 to 20 minutes to do (or maybe a bit more, but not that much).

Also, he could just have a Japanese friend. If this is fake, it must have taken a few weeks to prepare it, so making sure to get the famitsu first through a contact in Japan wouldn't be that surprising.

Still, even though it's blurry, the quality is rather impressive. How would a faker have had time to put in both Brinstar and a completely original Tomodachi Life photoshop with a room that was only able to be seen at EARLIEST a day's time before the leaking, and through a Japanese contact?

That just seems rather far-fetched to me.

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just saying that it's possible to fake these.

I'm 50/50 on this right now, I just want to wait for Sakurai to give us something like a character or an assist trophy or a boss that would kill or comfirm this leak.

EDIT : forgot a "not" :3

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
completely original Tomodachi Life photoshop with a room that was only able to be seen at EARLIEST a day's time before the leaking, and through a Japanese contact?
It's the Modern Asian interior in Tomodachi Life, it's not original...

samsparta21

Smash Ace
After you look at all of the details of this leak, and think of every single possible detail they would have had to fake, the chances are extremely low, if not impossible, that it was faked. It's all the little things that add up. Original renders, small things no one noticed in the E3 build, characters lining up to Ninka leak, perfect depictions of stages, and so much more.

It's the Modern Asian interior in Tomodachi Life, it's not original...
While it is based off the Modern Asian interior, it is not exact and there are changes made to it.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Still, even though it's blurry, the quality is rather impressive. How would a faker have had time to put in both Brinstar and a completely original Tomodachi Life photoshop with a room that was only able to be seen at EARLIEST a day's time before the leaking, and through a Japanese contact?

That just seems rather far-fetched to me.
Well most evidence that we have been coming up with is far-fetched. Just a few hours ago we said that the leaker either lives in Japan or has connections there and got the Famitsu magazine a couple days early so he could pull resources from it to make his leak seem more legit. Yeah, we are really stretching it. Seems more like we are coming up with stories now lol.

Also your Link avatar looks strange...something about him seems off.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Well most evidence that we have been coming up with is far-fetched. Just a few hours ago we said that the leaker either lives in Japan or has connections there and got the Famitsu magazine a couple days early so he could pull resources from it to make his leak seem more legit. Yeah, we are really stretching it now. Seems more like we are coming up with stories now lol.

Also your Link avatar looks strange...something about him seems off.
Of course it's possible to be faked. The chances are incredibly low, but yes, it is possible. But I just can't bring myself to believe in some "conspiracy" involving multiple people in different countries. Do people really want this to be fake that badly?

As for my avatar, it's from the Mega Man trailer.

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
That entire article was mostly based on
speculation. Famitsu doesn't have much inside information and the information that they actually have is probably given to them by Sakurai. Considering Sakurai has been stringing up Ridley for an entire year....he isn't going to let Famitsu have the honors. Famitsu is just as in the dark as we are about certain things.
That's a really good point.

In other words, this means that THE RIDLEY HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS

Edit: Now that I remember, that scan isn't famitsu. It's Nintendo Dream World magazine *FULL STOP EMERGENCY HYPE TRAIN*

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

I guess I'm also just thinking of the timing... it was perfect! Either he could have seen that a stage and character were recently revealed and thought "okay, there shouldn't be any more announcements soon so this will love for a while." Or, he didn't care about this because it's legit and it just so happens it's unfolding in the most torturous way possible.

Edit: Your English is fine!

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Of course it's possible to be faked. The chances are incredibly low, but yes, it is possible. But I just can't bring myself to believe in some "conspiracy" involving multiple people in different countries. Do people really want this to be fake that badly?

As for my avatar, it's from the Mega Man trailer.
I know the avatar is from there, but it looks creepy for some reason. And as for the leak being fake. yeah the "proof" that we have is really pushing it. yes people do put time and effort into leaks, but to the extent that this leaker has just seems crazy. So crazy that I doubt the leak is fake by this point. there is really no solid evidence against it.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I know the avatar is from there, but it looks creepy for some reason. And as for the leak being fake. yeah the "proof" that we have is really pushing it. yes people do put time and effort into leaks, but to the extent that this leaker has just seems crazy. So crazy that I doubt the leak is fake by this point. there is really no solid evidence against it.
I always point people who doubt the amount of time and effort people put into these things to nintendoon.com.

I agree with you completely and think this is the real deal, but stuff like that hoax keep me on my toes.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I always point people who doubt the amount of time and effort people put into these things to nintendoon.com.

I agree with you completely and think this is the real deal, but stuff like that hoax keep me on my toes.
Yeah I remember seeing that video a long time ago. And believe me, I know people are capable of making really professional looking leaks. But the internet is usually able to prove it fake in a few days. It hasn't happened with this leak so far, and we are not really getting anywhere either.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Wow...I've been away for like a day and I find you guys are at it again with god knows how many posts And trying to Come up with theories about this leak I'm Very Impressed :p

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I'm sorry to rant- but I am SO tired of seeing the excuse "There's no way it's fake because nobody would take that much effort/jump through that many hoops/etc./etc. to make a convincing fake!"

Yes. Yes they will.
People do it all the time, and all the proof you need of that is this video:

A talented person actually went out of their way to construct an entire FAKE trailer for a Super Mario Galaxy DS- and at the time it fooled a lot of people.
You really think that a bunch of blurry camera photos with tiny renders are to too hard, or too much work for someone to fake compared to modelling an entire 3D trailer?

A lot of fakers will go out of their way to do something elaborate just because they LOVE seeing fan reaction and speculation.
Taking the stance that this whole Roster leak could be completely fake is not farfetched in the slightest.

Now I'm not saying that this is concrete proof that the leak is 100% fake. I'm currently on Team "Wait and see" and sitting about 50/50 here on it- but I just wanted to put my two cents out there because I'm tired of seeing the "No way, that would take too much effort!" Excuse being used as backup confirmation to the leak being real.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah I remember seeing that video a long time ago. And believe me, I know people are capable of making really professional looking leaks. But the internet is usually able to prove it fake in a few days. It hasn't happened with this leak so far, and we are not really getting anywhere either.
How long did it take the internet to prove Palutena leak fake? Wasn't it proven fake after she was revealed? Some leaks, can take a long time to be proven fake.

Tacel

Smash Lord
It's all the little things that add up. Original renders, small things no one noticed in the E3 build, characters lining up to Ninka leak, perfect depictions of stages, and so much more.
I keep seeing this come up as an argument, and it barely has any validity. Nobody noticed it because nobody was looking for it. We weren't planning on spending hours creating a Super Smash Bros mockup. Anybody with an understanding of user interfaces could have found that "thick line" detail. It wasn't a glitch, it was a visual effect triggered by player input. It's the very basic information one would need to create something like this. All you have to do is pull up a few gameplay videos and look at the UI's behavior and patterns. Doing anything besides this would have been ridiculous for a person creating a leak.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
I went to the the post on the 1st page to see if this had been discussed, but does anyone have an idea what that alleged F-Zero stage is supposed to be on the stage select screen? It looked like it was ripped straight out of the GBA game.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
How long did it take the internet to prove Palutena leak fake? Wasn't it proven fake after she was revealed? Some leaks, can take a long time to be proven fake.
Well I don't really know at this point. I'm just confused and want get off this wild ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom