• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't think it's weird. If Sakurai had confirmed Dark Pit at that moment, a lot of people would be angry/upset because it would seem like Sakurai prefered his own games above all the others. (Two Uprising reps is unnecessary imo.) I think it was a wise decision to tease him instead of an official reveal.
I can see that, certainly gives me a different perspective of his reveal

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Going away present.

Dark Pit bothers me so much.

Dr.Mario also sort of raises the question of why? With all of the new alt costumes happening why does Doc get a spot when he screams alt.

Finally the big one why take Wolf and Lucas out for literally 2 other clones who by the way literally ascetically look the same to their clone originals. It's just so weird and dosnt seem right
The funny part of it being it's easily arguable that Lucas looks more like Ness than Doc looks like Mario. It was only a few posts ago man, wasn't hard to find.

Edit: I mean really, if you don't like them that's fine. But be honest about your reasoning in wanting to call fake.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Going away present.

The funny part of it being it's easily arguable that Lucas looks more like Ness than Doc looks like Mario. It was only a few posts ago man, wasn't hard to find.

Edit: I mean really, if you don't like them that's fine. But be honest about your reasoning in wanting to call fake.
Yea why don't you quote the rest of my paragraph about Dark Pit big guy I said not because he's a clone more so the way he was revealed.

Where in any of that in which you've quoted does it say "I hate these 2 characters it's fake guys"

Easy to find hard to read I guess good night man have a good one

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I don't think a false leak would be able to hold itself up this long. Someone would have found something. And before you say Gematsu, remember that everyone believed it to be true until it failed to predict one character, as it had correctly predicted every other character before that point, so it had some truth to it.

I don't think a false leak would be able to hold itself up this long. Someone would have found something. And before you say Gematsu, remember that everyone believed it to be true until it failed to predict one character, as it had correctly predicted every other character before that point, so it had some truth to it.
Yep the leak sure is looking good at the moment. I guess I can see why Dixie Kong would get in over K.Rool. But gosh darn it we need more villains.. :(

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yep the leak sure is looking good at the moment. I guess I can see why Dixie Kong would get in over K.Rool. But gosh darn it we need more villains.. :(
Well with the addition of Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. (And in some cases DHD lol) it could be seen as if Villains are being added and the last few revealed characters could very well be leaning more towards bad guys which could give K.Rool a nice chance

Well with the addition of Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. (And in some cases DHD lol) it could be seen as if Villains are being added and the last few revealed characters could very well be leaning more towards bad guys which could give K.Rool a nice chance
Sakurai pls....He fixed the lack of female characters now he needs to give us more villains! :)

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I was waiting for that.

That's the thing, you don't know that. You really don't. With the changes to Mario that were made in Brawl I could very well see Doc being a semi-clone as opposed to a full on clone, even more so if he keeps a lot of the properties he had in Melee. FLUDD vs Mario Tornado is the big one.

Dark Pit is just Pit in black, but we literally know nothing about his moveset so it's just assumption. Uprising has a ridiculous amount of weapons to pull inspiration from, so he could be a semi as well.

But really, that argument is a bit silly and based too heavily on semantics. The main point I was trying to get across is that clones have been taken out as other ones have been added before. So that's not a mark against the chances of this being real or fake.
Actually, if we are going by the leak and saying Dr Mario and Dark Pit are in the game, then you have to consider the rest of the leak as well. In specific the part about the "clone corner". If this leak is true and Dr Mario and Dark Pit are in the game, they will be clones of Mario and Dark Pit with minor differences similar to how Lucina is a clone of Marth. Otherwise what is the point of grouping the three of them together. If they are semi clones, then they would be next to their respective series, just like Falco is a semi clone and is next to Fox.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sakurai pls....He fixed the lack of female characters now he needs to give us more villains! :)
Seriously of we take this leak as real then it's entirely possible to have

Dark Pit
Bowser Jr.
Mewtwo
Ridley
King K. Rool

That's a nice amount of villains/baddies. To bad I hate Dark Pit so much and don't want him in the game (sarcasm)

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I hope its real.
Dr. Mario, my Melee main.
Dark Pit, a villain.
Duck Hunt Dog, my number one newcomer.
Bowser Jr, my number three newcomer and villain.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'd agree if it weren't for that Palutena leak.
Damn that was a good fake if nobody ****ing believed me with anything that I said.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

I made this roster using the actual 6x9 roster spots on the upper screen from the Leak. 53 Characters, I also think a crypted leak in 4chan said there will be 53 characters...
The cryptic leak could apply to this leak with the "five characters locked" theory. "3V tbr (W, I, L)" will have to be "veterans to be removed", which can apply to Wolf/Ice Climbers/Lucas (but then that means Snake would have to return, and the leaker would have had to not be counting PT/Squirtle/Ivysaur). A bigger issue comes from "5N <--(M, D, M, Z, X)", none of which are the Kid Icarus series. This could be excused though as the leaker leaving Dark Pit off for being a Pit clone (after all, the official Smash site doesn't seem to treat Lucina as a full newcomer, so there is some precedent for not treating the new clones as full newcomers).

But the biggest problem however comes from three of the newcomer slots being already taken (Duck Hunt Dog as D, Bowser Jr. as one of the Ms, and Shulk as X). This would mean that to hit the 53 mark, in addition to Mewtwo, Ridley/Mach Rider, Impa, and Snake not actually being cut, we need either the Pokemon Trainer actually being in in some altered form, Roy/Pichu/Young Link making an unlikely return, or another clone newcomer that the leaker left off.

So if you warp it enough, the cryptic leak could go with this leak, but it seems too much of a stretch for it to.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Then explain how he knew about the room. No, it was not a lucky guess. The chances are so extremely low of that.
I don't want to get dragged back into this discussion. Dark Dude already did a perfect job explaining why it's likely fake. If you look at the two pictures, you'll notice things like the walls are different. Also, remember Gamatsu. The major reason people believed it was because "How could he have guessed Wii Fit Trainer." And guess what, it was a fake too. It was a lucky guess. So these things happen. It's also confirmation bias. You all are trying to find evidence that supports your theory and ignoring what doesn't.

And remember that this is the age of photoshop. Anyone can make a fake roster.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I don't like people who say this roster doesn't have "that final touch" or something. You're basically being given one of the best tasting foods in the world but you still reject it because it's not good enough for you. You've got not only Sonic, but Mega Man AND Pac-Man on the same roster. Do you know how much s**t Sakurai had to go through to get those characters in the game? Even Pokemon characters are a hassle, because they are technically made by a different company. You could imagine the same thing happens with Shulk and other characters. And yet he does them all.

Sakurai is doing so much just to get this game finished. I would support ANY final roster.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
It wasn't fake, it was probably an early Palutena model or something.
Atleast it was more likely to be fake then real.
Explain the model differences with Mario and leaky Mario.
These pics came in January, Mario had been revealed for a reasonable time. Unless this guy had these pics for half a year and decided "Hey, I should bring these pics out that I had for no reason!"
Plus the face in the leak is better and less flat. "Let's make her face WORSE!"

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Guys http://imgur.com/a/xWSQc

The part about the metroid stage.

Oh, here's a translation I found too. "1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage." from another person.
This pretty much confirms Ridley is a stage hazard...?

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
I do think the Palutena leak was fake. I really hope there are a few more characters we don't know about in this game. Not because I'm disappointed by Duck Hunt or Dr. Mario, but because I really would like some surprise unlocks when I get my chance to play it.

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
WOAH. That all-black Kirby alt is awesome...what will that look like in Mr. Game & Watch's hat?

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Guys

The part about the metroid stage.

This pretty much confirms Ridley is a stage hazard...?
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but i dont think this confirms ridley as a stage hazard. If he was JUST a stage hazard then why wait this long before showing us an image unlike yellow devil or the find mii stage. And then it could of course be sakurai being his ole' self.

Last edited:

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Thats called good guessing not leaking.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
At first I was almost ready to accept this leak, but it's lost my faith as time has gone on. One of the things I always look at with these leaks is how easily they can be disproven. For example, Gematsu was VERY difficult to disprove, since there were no pictures to analyze and they did not claim to know all the characters. As such, no confirmation could ever disprove it, only a de-confirmation.

This leak started out very easy to disprove, which made me want to believe it, since no one in their right mind would spend the obscene amount of hours necessary to make this leak if it could get disproven by one tiny missed detail or a single veteran or newcomer confirmation. However, with recent developments, this leak has lost that believability. The roster has been stated not to be final, so a newcomer not predicted by this screen is not evidence against the leak. Further, whenever an error is spotted in the leak, someone claims that they altered the leak pictures in defense of the meta leaker. This could theoretically be true, but the excuse basically makes the leak impossible to disprove by spotting errors. There's really no way to kill this thing, except Sakurai revealing a veteran with a different model. Even then, a leaker suggested that Sakurai might change the models to avoid the leak (not gonna happen), which would officially make this leak immortal. All in all, I'd like people to use caution and some skepticism when dealing with leaks like this, since they are cleverly designed to be able to stand up to scrutiny. I would absolutely love for this leak to be true (the roster is phenomenal imo), and this is not evidence against the leak, per se, just a warning to stay wary.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
At first I was almost ready to accept this leak, but it's lost my faith as time has gone on. One of the things I always look at with these leaks is how easily they can be disproven. For example, Gematsu was VERY difficult to disprove, since there were no pictures to analyze and they did not claim to know all the characters. As such, no confirmation could ever disprove it, only a de-confirmation.

This leak started out very easy to disprove, which made me want to believe it, since no one in their right mind would spend the obscene amount of hours necessary to make this leak if it could get disproven by one tiny missed detail or a single veteran or newcomer confirmation. However, with recent developments, this leak has lost that believability. The roster has been stated not to be final, so a newcomer not predicted by this screen is not evidence against the leak. Further, whenever an error is spotted in the leak, someone claims that they altered the leak pictures in defense of the meta leaker. This could theoretically be true, but the excuse basically makes the leak impossible to disprove by spotting errors. There's really no way to kill this thing, except Sakurai revealing a veteran with a different model. Even then, a leaker suggested that Sakurai might change the models to avoid the leak (not gonna happen), which would officially make this leak immortal. All in all, I'd like people to use caution and some skepticism when dealing with leaks like this, since they are cleverly designed to be able to stand up to scrutiny. I would absolutely love for this leak to be true (the roster is phenomenal imo), and this is not evidence against the leak, per se, just a warning to stay wary.
One of the rooms on the Tomodachi Life stage was in the leak before it was shown in the Famitsu magazine, and not only is it one of a huge number of rooms, the arrangement is even different so there is no way you could guess it.

The leak goes along with the Ninka leak, which adds a few of the characters that could go in those final spots.

The leak only came out a day after Brinstar was revealed, and yet it had Brinstar in it.

I would think this confirms the leak already, Masterlinkx or no Masterlinkx.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I don't like people who say this roster doesn't have "that final touch" or something. You're basically being given one of the best tasting foods in the world but you still reject it because it's not good enough for you. You've got not only Sonic, but Mega Man AND Pac-Man on the same roster. Do you know how much s**t Sakurai had to go through to get those characters in the game? Even Pokemon characters are a hassle, because they are technically made by a different company. You could imagine the same thing happens with Shulk and other characters. And yet he does them all.

Sakurai is doing so much just to get this game finished. I would support ANY final roster.
I say it doesn't have the "final touch" in terms of appearance. It just looks like some really early build. I would expect the final game's character select and stage select screens to be much more visually appealing.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

I made this roster using the actual 6x9 roster spots on the upper screen from the Leak. 53 Characters, I also think a crypted leak in 4chan said there will be 53 characters...
I love this roster. That's I have been talking about. Moving series around the CSS.

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
I think Brinstar was a pretty safe bet for a 3DS retro stage. It was in Brawl and also is a bit of a substitute for having a new Metroid Stage, albeit a disappointing one.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Still not mentioning Ridley by name. If this deconfirms Ridley, so does the scene in the Direct.
Not quite. Remember, the Direct showed a shadow of Ridley. This Famitsu magazine has now confirmed that this big thing that casts the shadow IS the stage hazard.

I think Brinstar was a pretty safe bet for a 3DS retro stage. It was in Brawl and also is a bit of a substitute for having a new Metroid Stage, albeit a disappointing one.
While Brinstar was a safe bet, an original room that hasn't been seen before is not. You'd have to design this room and then somehow make it exactly like it will be shown in a future Famitsu magazine.

Last edited:

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
The two rooms in Tomodachi are similar, but it could just be coincidence that the leaker photoshopped a picture modeled after one of the apartments from Tomodachi Life, and then the actual stage ended up having a similar room. Both pictures are blurry, with the leak being obviously muddier, and they aren't EXACT.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
The two rooms in Tomodachi are similar, but it could just be coincidence that the leaker photoshopped a picture modeled after one of the apartments from Tomodachi Life, and then the actual stage ended up having a similar room. Both pictures are blurry, with the leak being obviously muddier, and they aren't EXACT.
And tell me exactly what the chances of that are. If you're claiming this is how the leak could be fake, then I think it has about a 99% chance of being real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom