• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I was away the last 12 hours. Did anything else happen since the Metal Sonic video? Please fill me in!
It's possible the "leaker" got the Famitsu scan earlier and used it to make the stage icon on purpose so when people see it they'll instantly beleive it.
Clever move if that's the case in my opinion.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
I really don't think there's a triangle there. Looks more like a coincidence that the shadowing on Ganondorf's face lines up with the CPU cursor and shadow in Toon Link's hair. Considering it's been pointed out, people are going to go through a "cannot unsee" scenario, whether it's really there or not.
I completely agree; his jacket collar, the way his hairline curves round his head. It all gives the look of a triangle. The only bit that looks weird to me is the bottom right corner of the ganon box. His chin and part of his face looks a different shade.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
meh i just hope the leak is fake. i dont like this
I don't think the triangle is a play button it's not centered to the screen the border at the top of the CSS looks to be a screen if that triangle is a play button that thing is WAY off center
Well i find that being the only logical explanation.

tbh i hope the leak is fake. I was hoping for a 55 chars roster.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maybe the pic got angled and they took a screenshot of it? Or hell, that might be from the development studio recorded on a camera (yeah, a bit of stretch), which then was sent to ESRB...

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Well, what do you think about it now ?
Either you completely disbelieve it, or think it could be real ?
it's bother me a lot actually when I'm looking at Lucina's icon, like, why would the leaker put her away from fire emblem family? and I think that Dark Pit is just a recolor and a horizontal flip of an original render of Pit (maybe from uprising and maybe not)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just hope Mondays PoTD either confirms or denies this leak. So that way we know. Then again the speed at which it seems Sakurai likes to put leaks down perhaps PoTDs avoiding this leak could be seen in it's favor...

I mean he has to know people where Tweeting him the pictures for goodness sake

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
tbh i hope the leak is fake. I was hoping for a 55 chars roster.
Well no offense, but you certainly set yourself up for disappointment there. That's...obscene. A full twenty more than Brawl? Arguably more depending on how you view the Mii Fighters. Could maybe see it happening if they weren't working on two versions of the game at the same time, but...

To be honest if this leak ends up being true I'm surprised we even hit 48. Was really expecting high thirties/low forties. That said if we do somehow end up with 55 that'd be amazing, but I just don't feel that was ever a realistic possibility given the circumstances these two titles have been developed under.

I just hope Mondays PoTD either confirms or denies this leak. So that way we know. Then again the speed at which it seems Sakurai likes to put leaks down perhaps PoTDs avoiding this leak could be seen in it's favor...

I mean he has to know people where Tweeting him the pictures for goodness sake
If anything I'm sure he's enjoying the attention it's drawing toward the game. If it's real then he will try and hold off on inadvertantly confirming it for as long as possible so it's closer to launch. If it's fake then I'm sure he'd take advantage of that to try and build hype, keep it fresh in everyone's minds and such.

That and I wouldn't really put it past Sakurai to be laughing at our reactions.

Last edited:

Fowlman11

Smash Rookie
POTD on Monday is guaranteed to be "look at this new kid icarus item only found during smash run super ultimate target test home run contest"...

All the while the leaker sits back in his chair and maniacally laughs... "just as planned"...

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
I still think we could have gotten a word by now from Nintendo, taking down the leaks and the source by now. Nintendo struck the leaker of X/Y last year as soon as it was posted.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Here's more to think about with this leak.

The character select screens order is being debated a lot it either indicates that not all the characters have been unlocked or there's some weird order that's new this time around. Or it's fake lol

Dark Pit bothers me so much. Not cause he's most likely a cloney clone but well, Lucina is a straight clone of Marth but she was prominent in a reveal trailer right alongside Robin. DP was teased in Palutenas trailer but that's it. Thing is why not just reveal him too if hes a newcomer? Why tease him and end it. No other newcomer has been shown this way.

Dr.Mario also sort of raises the question of why? With all of the new alt costumes happening why does Doc get a spot when he screams alt. Sure it could be a Lucina situation where he varies a bit but I don't know just seems strange.

Finally the big one why take Wolf and Lucas out for literally 2 other clones who by the way literally ascetically look the same to their clone originals. It's just so weird and dosnt seem right

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I still think we could have gotten a word by now from Nintendo, taking down the leaks and the source by now. Nintendo struck the leaker of X/Y last year as soon as it was posted.
You can only do so much damage control. Far too late for that now. If a company is trying to hold off on confirming something then sometimes inaction is the best option.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
whatever, i mainly go with fox and Ike. whatever it happens my babies were confirmed long time ago.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You can only do so much damage control. Far too late for that now. If a company is trying to hold off on confirming something then sometimes inaction is the best option.
What's this mean for the remaining updates we're going to get over the next two weeks?

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Finally the big one why take Wolf and Lucas out for literally 2 other clones who by the way literally ascetically look the same to their clone originals. It's just so weird and dosnt seem right
It's not like there isn't precedent for this in Smash. In Brawl we lost Pichu, Doc, and Mewtwo but in turn gained Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, and a reskinned Young Link.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
What's this mean for the remaining updates we're going to get over the next two weeks?
Well... there's a plenty of music.
*shrug*

Honestly I'm expecting at least one more veteran reveal, so that'll be the nail in the coffin for this one way or the other. No idea though, could be any number of things.

Fowlman11

Smash Rookie
Odds are... Sakurai will stick to his original posting plan... the man's too stubborn to alter his schedule over a leak...

just don't expect any official word about the leak's authenticity from Nintendo... not until the game is realeased...

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
*shrug*

Honestly I'm expecting at least one more veteran reveal, so that'll be the nail in the coffin for this one way or the other. No idea though, could be any number of things.
Honestly expecting Ganondorf because of the Zelda centered PotD's this week. He could be hinting just like he did with Meta Knight. But I gotta admit, I can't be the only one who's scared of his render being the same as the leak or not because I'm still neutral about the leaks but hoping they're fake.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's not like there isn't precedent for this in Smash. In Brawl we lost Pichu, Doc, and Mewtwo but in turn gained Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, and a reskinned Young Link.
Mewtwo was supposed to be in his cut was a late decision. That's the thing though you lost 2 clones who were essentially the same character and gained 2 semi clones who were completely different characters. Now it's the reverse losing 2 different characters to gain 2 characters who are basically literally the same as their clone. Doc Mario is just Mario and Dark Pit is just Pit in black...

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Doc Mario is just Mario and Dark Pit is just Pit in black...
I was waiting for that.

That's the thing, you don't know that. You really don't. With the changes to Mario that were made in Brawl I could very well see Doc being a semi-clone as opposed to a full on clone, even more so if he keeps a lot of the properties he had in Melee. FLUDD vs Mario Tornado is the big one.

Dark Pit is just Pit in black, but we literally know nothing about his moveset so it's just assumption. Uprising has a ridiculous amount of weapons to pull inspiration from, so he could be a semi as well.

But really, that argument is a bit silly and based too heavily on semantics. The main point I was trying to get across is that clones have been taken out as other ones have been added before. So that's not a mark against the chances of this being real or fake.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I was waiting for that.

That's the thing, you don't know that. You really don't. With the changes to Mario that were made in Brawl I could very well see Doc being a semi-clone as opposed to a full on clone, even more so if he keeps a lot of the properties he had in Melee. FLUDD vs Mario Tornado is the big one.

Dark Pit is just Pit in black, but we literally know nothing about his moveset so it's just assumption. Uprising has a ridiculous amount of weapons to pull inspiration from, so he could be a semi as well.

But really, that argument is a bit silly and based too heavily on semantics. The main point I was trying to get across is that clones have been taken out as other ones have been added before. So that's not a mark against the chances of this being real or fake.
I wasn't talking from a moves perspective as much as I was from a ascetics perspective. Lucina dosent look like Marth despite being a clone she is her own character. Doc Mario and Dark Pit are essentially Pit and Mario just seems underwhelming, they seem to much like alt status to me. Either way I still say Dark Pits reveal is a negative to this leak. Why not just give him reveal in Palutenas trailer ala Lucina in Robins. Makes no sense.

000aj

Smash Rookie
Did anyone mention the "RosalinaX" leak? You know, the one that said 48 characters and 4 cuts? I count 48 characters and 4 cuts, since you could count Charizard as PKMN trainer not being cut.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I wasn't talking from a moves perspective as much as I was from a ascetics perspective. Lucina dosent look like Marth despite being a clone she is her own character. Doc Mario and Dark Pit are essentially Pit and Mario just seems underwhelming, they seem to much like alt status to me. Either way I still say Dark Pits reveal is a negative to this leak. Why not just give him reveal in Palutenas trailer ala Lucina in Robins. Makes no sense.
Despite being the same person, Mario and Dr. Mario are different characters in that they represent different franchises. It's like saying Paper Mario isn't deserving of a spot because we already have regular Mario.*

Dark Pit actually is a different character from Pit, funnily enough. Shocked me too, been learning a lot about him lately. Has a lot more personality than a lot of reflection characters. I'd say he's more akin to Sonic's Shadow than Zelda's Dark Link.

A lot of people will disagree that Lucina does in fact look like Marth, including a lot of characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening's in-game universe. Considering it's been revealed that she was initially an alt it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the same was done for Doc and Dark Pit. Why? Because Sakurai. We may never know, but it isn't impossible.

You don't have to like the idea of their additions, but it absolutely is not a mark against this leak. Not every character can appeal to an individual.

*For the record, not saying Paper Mario would or would not be a fitting addition. Don't want to get into that and really doesn't matter anyway. Just felt it was a good example.

Last edited:
Did anyone mention the "RosalinaX" leak? You know, the one that said 48 characters and 4 cuts? I count 48 characters and 4 cuts, since you could count Charizard as PKMN trainer not being cut.
I don't count Charizard as Pokemon Trainer not being cut. PKMN Trainer is Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard as one character. Then again, those 3 Pokemon did count as 3 fighters so I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Wait wait... By that logic...

Dark Pit isn't really Pit.

.....:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Doc Mario is just Mario and Dark Pit is just Pit in black...
What the hell are you talking about.

Friendly reminder that disliking an addition != leak being fake. I recommend you get used to the idea of this leak being real, because it most likely is.

So yeah the Metal Sonic thing is most likely fake.

The maker of this video made this to show how easy it is to make a leak like the Metal Sonic one......*sigh*...Metal Sonic would've been cool...

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Why not just give him reveal in Palutenas trailer ala Lucina in Robins. Makes no sense.
I don't think it's weird. If Sakurai had confirmed Dark Pit at that moment, a lot of people would be angry/upset because it would seem like Sakurai prefered his own games above all the others. (Two Uprising reps is unnecessary imo.) I think it was a wise decision to tease him instead of an official reveal.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
The maker of this video made this to show how easy it is to make a leak like the Metal Sonic one......*sigh*...Metal Sonic would've been cool...
I found the Metal Sonic leak a bit sketchy, but I'm not ruling out the chance of that happening. Hope for it doesn't need to be dead at this point.

I don't think it's weird. If Sakurai had confirmed Dark Pit at that moment, a lot of people would be angry/upset because it would seem like Sakurai prefered his own games above all the others. (Two Uprising reps is unnecessary imo.) I think it was a wise decision to tease him instead of an official reveal.
Very true. There's also the likely chance that Dark Pit is a hidden character as well. If this roster is real then there's a good chance that the only hidden one's he's shown so far are Luigi and the third parties. Depends entirely on his criteria of when to make a character addition official, which we can only speculate on.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I will present you the final roster of the best fighting game in the world:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Despite being the same person, Mario and Dr. Mario are different characters in that they represent different franchises. It's like saying Paper Mario isn't deserving of a spot because we already have regular Mario.*

Dark Pit actually is a different character from Pit, funnily enough. Shocked me too, been learning a lot about him lately. Has a lot more personality than a lot of reflection characters. I'd say he's more akin to Sonic's Shadow than Zelda's Dark Link.

A lot of people will disagree that Lucina does in fact look like Marth, including a lot of characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening's in-game universe. Considering it's been revealed that she was initially an alt it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the same was done for Doc and Dark Pit. Why? Because Sakurai. We may never know, but it isn't impossible.

You don't have to like the idea of their additions, but it absolutely is not a mark against this leak. Not every character can appeal to an individual.

*For the record, not saying Paper Mario would or would not be a fitting addition. Don't want to get into that and really doesn't matter anyway. Just felt it was a good example.
Never said it was impossible for them to be in the game I just said I think it's weird for Wolf and Lucas to get axed for them. I'm not screaming fake because of their inclusion I'm just looking at this leak from different sides and not blindly following the crowd against or for it. As I said Dark Pits reveal details are what makes things come into question for me not his overall character.

Lucina dosent look as close to Marth as Doc and DP look to Mario and Pit. I guess that's just me though owell

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Dr.Mario also sort of raises the question of why? With all of the new alt costumes happening why does Doc get a spot when he screams alt. Sure it could be a Lucina situation where he varies a bit but I don't know just seems strange
Dr. Mario is an established character with established functional differences to work off of, who was additionally a pretty popular character to play in Melee (and was quite a bit more popular than the character he was cloned from, unlike the other clones). He's actually quite an obvious choice when it comes to promoting an alt into a clone. Of course if Sakurai actually ignored the massive pleas to bring back Mewtwo, it would be a pretty dumb choice, as the fan backlash will be massive if Dr. Mario is back but Mewtwo isn't (even if Dr. Mario's inclusion has nothing to do with Mewtwo's exclusion). If Mewtwo is in though, fan backlash against Doc's return won't be that bad and mostly limited to those who'll complain about clones regardless.

Thing is, Lucas and Wolf almost certainly weren't taken out for the new clones, the process in development that those two got cut was different from when the alts were promoted. Current prevailing theory is that early on in development, Sakurai decided he needed to cut a few characters for whatever reason (probably space and/or time concerns). So he cut the Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle and Ivysaur, Lucas, and Wolf, deeming them the most expendable. Then later on, Sakurai sees space wasn't an issue after all or decides he can fit in a few more characters for whatever reason, but since Lucas and Wolf were cut early on, they have few or no existing assets to use (and they certainly weren't turned into alts when they differ so heavily from Ness and Fox), so Sakurai promotes a few alts into clones, as it would take barely any work (as opposed to recreating a semi-clone and a barely if at all semi-clone from almost scratch). Additionally, at this point, Sakurai also probably saw it would be better to just save Lucas and Wolf for DLC, where they can then be given proper attention and development time, rather than try rushing them back in almost non-changed and botching them in the process.

So as such, the clones can't be blamed for the exclusion of any character (besides other potential alt-to-clone characters).

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Never said it was impossible for them to be in the game I just said I think it's weird for Wolf and Lucas to get axed for them. I'm not screaming fake because of their inclusion I'm just looking at this leak from different sides and not blindly following the crowd against or for it.
You have literally been saying "I dislike two out of forty eight of these characters/like the removed clones more, looks fake guiz". I think we're done here, this conversation won't be going anywhere.

Gonna head off to bed. Later all.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
What the hell are you talking about.

Friendly reminder that disliking an addition != leak being fake. I recommend you get used to the idea of this leak being real, because it most likely is.
Again I was talking from a looks point of view.

Also how about you calm down, it's possible to carry a conversation in a civil manner. Rather than blowing up at me like a child.

Rayhak

Smash Rookie

I made this roster using the actual 6x9 roster spots on the upper screen from the Leak. 53 Characters, I also think a crypted leak in 4chan said there will be 53 characters...

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You have literally been saying "I dislike two out of forty eight of these characters/like the removed clones more, looks fake guiz". I think we're done here, this conversation won't be going anywhere.

Gonna head off to bed. Later all.
No actually I haven't... But whatever man I'm not gonna get heated over a lousy forum discussion maybe you should go back and read some earlier posts of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom