• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
As I said before, I'm not here currently to post any additional information that isn't currently available to the public.
I'm not here confirm or deny characters, or tell how many characters are left or any of that sort.
I'm just trying to brush up on a few things here and there that I feel like won't be free additional confirmations of any sort.

I posted those specific character names as I've seen them being used in speculations around the public here and there.
All I heard is Wolf is confirmed playable 5 times in a row... :pimp:

But seriously :hulk:

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
As I said before, I'm not here currently to post any additional information that isn't currently available to the public.
I'm not here confirm or deny characters, or tell how many characters are left or any of that sort.
I'm just trying to brush up on a few things here and there that I feel like won't be free additional confirmations of any sort.

I posted those specific character names as I've seen them being used in speculations around the public here and there.
That's fine man I respect the decision, I'm only asking questions because that's the only thing I can do in this situation. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just questioning everything as I do with any leak. Just want to make that clear.

Edit: Even if all this is an elaborate ruse done by Photoshop that you did I still respect the work as a fellow artist I wouldn't even be mad. If these leaks are fake your skill is undeniable.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm feeling pretty good about Mewtwo, honestly. Of all "unconfirmed" characters, Sakurai wouldn't just ignore how much fans want him when he's literally been asked about it at E3 and he's what, the most popular unconfirmed character in the world?

He's in there somewhere, as something greater than a trophy/Pokeball.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300

Mewter

Smash Master
I have a couple of concerns:
1) Do those Xs and the question mark look like they may have been drawn by someone with a drawing tablet or nonMSPaint software? If yes, this could show that the leakers are image manipulators.
Some ways to tell:
Do the lines follow the same path expected of a mouse user or a pen user?
Is the brush what you would expect from a starting art program (like MSPaint) or another program?
2) Is it possible the leaker played through the game and found low quality trophies of the deconfirmed characters (but not Mewtwo?) which allows them to say for certain Wolf and Company aren't in?
For example, the low quality trophy of Mewtwo in Brawl from All Star mode can allow us to know that he is not in Brawl.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
YES! Finally we are on to something even though it's minor. So let's say Famitsu was actually out for a day or two before the leak. If the leaker is actually from Japan, or has some connections in Japan. Then theoretically he could have gotten hold of the magazine in order to add stuff from it into his leak to make it seem more credible.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If the leaker is from Japan then why make everything in English wouldn't he make it seem more credible by making it in Japanese??

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
If the leaker is from Japan then why make everything in English wouldn't he make it seem more credible by making it in Japanese??
Well he doesn't have to know Japanese to be in Japan. Anyway, if what Egg-Off the Conquerer is saying is true. Then it is possible that the leaker got access to Famitsu early and quickly went through it to see if it was of any use to make the leak more legit. But what do I know...I just hope the leak is fake.

Last edited:

Majaba

Smash Rookie
I've noticed something about Ness in this leak. Besides his shirt.

Compare the CSS portrait of Ness to his full render:

Is it just me, or does his arm seem to going at a different angle?

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed something about Ness in this leak. Besides his shirt.

Compare the CSS portrait of Ness to his full render:

Is it just me, or does his arm seem to going at a different angle?
seems to look that way. But it could have something to do with perspective.

EDIT: Actually know that I look at it, doesn't his head look more wide in the full render?

Last edited:

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Either way, this leak has really put Nin
seems to look that way. But it could have something to do with perspective.

EDIT: Actually know that I look at it, doesn't his head look more wide in the full render?
Remember though, the CSS leak was at an angle causing the illusion of a squashed head, especially when compared to the full render which is a little more 'head-on'

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well he doesn't have to know Japanese to be in Japan. Anyway, if what Egg-Off the Conquerer is saying is true. Then it is possible that the leaker got access to Famitsu early and quickly went through it to see if it was of any use to make the leak more legit. But what do I know...I just hope the leak is fake.
I know, it's not impossible for an American person living in Japan to make a leak but lol what a sequence of events.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know, it's not impossible for an American person living in Japan to make a leak but lol what a sequence of events.
Which is exactly why this should be put to rest right now. It's a very highly unlikely scenario. And if someone really wanted to make a leak using Japanese based information to make it look more realistc? Oh, why not make it a leak of the Japanese game? Instead of an American based ESRB thing?

Too many hoops for the lion to jump through to be a likely scenario.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Nice find @ ItsRainingGravy ItsRainingGravy . Not only that, if it was on Tuesday in Japan, then that means it was Monday in the west, which means when the "leaks" were posted, it was Wednesday in Japan. So it would've given proper time to photoshop in a few hours the famitsu scan onto the "leaks".

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Another thing I was thinking about is the thick line for the Kirby CPU that some people were using as evidence against the leak. Yet it was found out to be an actual visual glitch in the E3 demo. So people used that as further proof supporting the leak. But what I find weird is that the visual glitch was originally in the E3 demo. Why would it still be in the game now. You think something like that would be fixed in the game by now.

super-smash-bros-character-roster-leak-1024x768.jpg

Sure is. I'm just really beginning to stretch things far because the more I think about this leak the more true I think it is. And I don't want it to be real.

Last edited:

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
Another thing I was thinking about is the thick line for the Kirby CPU that some people were using as evidence against the leak. Yet it was found out to be an actual visual glitch in the E3 demo. So people used that as further proof supporting the leak. But what I find weird is that the visual glitch as originally in the E3 demo. Why would it still be in the game now. You think something like that would be fixed in the game by now.

View attachment 22760

Sure is. I'm just really beginning to stretch things far because the more I think about this leak the more true I think it is. And I don't want it to be real.
maybe its partially fake, you know, the info ninka posted been real, but all those ugly images... oh god the sloppines.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Another thing I was thinking about is the thick line for the Kirby CPU that some people were using as evidence against the leak. Yet it was found out to be an actual visual glitch in the E3 demo. So people used that as further proof supporting the leak. But what I find weird is that the visual glitch was originally in the E3 demo. Why would it still be in the game now. You think something like that would be fixed in the game by now.

View attachment 22760

We don't know that it's a glitch. It might be a stylistic choice.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Again...

Think of the poor lion.

Those hoops.

Those straw grasping unlikely hoops.
It's not really as unlikely as you are making it sound, people have gone through much more trouble to troll.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I find it strange indeed that only a day after the leak appears, there is the exact picture in Famitsu...
Like, it helps the leak at a good time.
Coincidence is strange, the picture used for the stage is exactly the same as the one in Famitsu, only a different angle...

So let's say it's fake :

-A person discovered this leak 20 days ago. He decided to focus his time on it.
-He first worked on the characters ; 12 to be exact. He decided to make four whole new renders while the rest is heavy photoshopped. Let's say he made it in five days, and instead of "he" there are many guys working on it.
-He/They then decided to make the roster CSS ; he thought doing things that "a fake leaker would never do" add some credibility to his/their case. Thus Yoshi in the middle of Mario characters, the triangle on Ganon's face, the thick line on Kirby, the three clones far from their series... Why would a fake leaker do it ? So you can question it and say only a dev team could do it.
-He (I'll stuck with "he", easier) then changed some background colors ; for example, Rosalina, because why not ?
-He also decided to change Olimar's icon by adding a blue pikmin, why not again ?
-He also decided to change some UI. Like the characters selected on bottom screen.

(notice the thick line one more time)
-He didn't put the Mii Fighters, well, bluff ?
-But it doesn't stop here ; he also changed Fox's background color to the exact one on the carboard of the game, instead of green it became cyan/blue.
-Now, he decided to make some more pictures ; first, one with the customization. OK, took at most 3 hours if he is slow.
-Then comes the SSS ; he decided to put a Xenoblade stage and an earthbound/RH one. We ar enot even sure, and thinks "screw that, only retro stage for DK and some other series". Didn't even put the final destination forms.
-He also had to change his SSS, since he got FAMITSU earlier with a new screen ; that would add credibility. He somehow lives in Japan. Brinstar was also added since revealed a day earlier.
-Took the risk to show Shulk and Dr. Mario in bigger renders, easier for us to find where they are photoshopped from.
-And, to come back to the CSS, removed all the names because he can.

Possible, possible...

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it... The fact that the Famitsu pic is the same than the one in the leak with just a different angle... Is suspicious.
Would be a big blow against the best "evidence" for this leak.
I dunno anymore.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Hasn't it been confirmed to happen randomly though?
I've seen two videos where it happens, and in both it seems to pulse with some manner of consistency, in my opinion.

I find it strange indeed that only a day after the leak appears, there is the exact picture in Famitsu...
Like, it helps the leak at a good time.
Coincidence is strange, the picture used for the stage is exactly the same as the one in Famitsu, only a different angle...

So let's say it's fake :

-A person discovered this leak 20 days ago. He decided to focus his time on it.
-He first worked on the characters ; 12 to be exact. He decided to make four whole new renders while the rest is heavy photoshopped. Let's say he made it in five days, and instead of "he" there are many guys working on it.
-He/They then decided to make the roster CSS ; he thought doing things that "a fake leaker would never do" add some credibility to his/their case. Thus Yoshi in the middle of Mario characters, the triangle on Ganon's face, the thick line on Kirby, the three clones far from their series... Why would a fake leaker do it ? So you can question it and say only a dev team could do it.
-He (I'll stuck with "he", easier) then changed some background colors ; for example, Rosalina, because why not ?
-He also decided to change Olimar's icon by adding a blue pikmin, why not again ?
-He also decided to change some UI. Like the characters selected on bottom screen.

(notice the thick line one more time)
-He didn't put the Mii Fighters, well, bluff ?
-But it doesn't stop here ; he also changed Fox's background color to the exact one on the carboard of the game, instead of green it became cyan/blue.
-Now, he decided to make some more pictures ; first, one with the customization. OK, took at most 3 hours if he is slow.
-Then comes the SSS ; he decided to put a Xenoblade stage and an earthbound/RH one. We ar enot even sure, and thinks "screw that, only retro stage for DK and some other series". Didn't even put the final destination forms.
-He also had to change his SSS, since he got FAMITSU earlier with a new screen ; that would add credibility. He somehow lives in Japan. Brinstar was also added since revealed a day earlier.
-Took the risk to show Shulk and Dr. Mario in bigger renders, easier for us to find where they are photoshopped from.
-And, to come back to the CSS, removed all the names because he can.

Possible, possible...

I love this post.

But I don't think I've seen this "triangle on Ganon's face" thing.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
So people can compare one mor time.
dude, I have never noticed that before and you changed everything I thought about this leak.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The Triangle over Ganondorf was the very first thing I noticed, before I even saw DHD.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

So people can compare one mor time.
I really don't think there's a triangle there. Looks more like a coincidence that the shadowing on Ganondorf's face lines up with the CPU cursor and shadow in Toon Link's hair. Considering it's been pointed out, people are now going to go through a "cannot unsee" scenario and perpetuate it, whether it's really there or not.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't think the triangle is a play button it's not centered to the screen the border at the top of the CSS looks to be a screen if that triangle is a play button that thing is WAY off center

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I was away the last 12 hours. Did anything else happen since the Metal Sonic video? Please fill me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom