• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
So Wolf is gone gone.....

=(
Not necessarily. Just because someone BS'd a DLC claim, doesn't mean that DLC isn't a possibility. And knowing Sakurai's stance on cuts, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't bring back Wolf, Lucas and whatnot as DLC later on.

...Assuming that they aren't, y'know, part of the game and not yet unlocked.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Not necessarily. Just because someone BS'd a DLC claim, doesn't mean that DLC isn't a possibility. And knowing Sakurai's stance on cuts, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't bring back Wolf, Lucas and whatnot as DLC later on.

...Assuming that they aren't, y'know, part of the game and not yet unlocked.
Sakurai has already said they are not considering DLC for SSB4.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think we'll get DLC of the cut veterans eventually (especially Wolf and IC). But now would be too early. DLC takes months, I was worried the DLC characters would take up the slots left on the CSS, if they aren't planned/being worked on as DLC yet then I doubt those last slots are for them.
I don't know, there should be a limit to the size of the roster and DLC of new characters + DLC of veterans + possible not leaked characters is too much imo.

Either way, we will have to wait and see what happens.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Hi !

Nothing big, but...

On the bottom screen of the CSS and the stage selection, I get why the menu does change since you can change the rules on the CSS but not on the stage selection. But why does a gap appear below the "off" option ?

http i imgur com / 4QaHyMh.png (10 post limit)

It's like the menu changes completely and not logically...

Sorry if already posted and for my bad English.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plans can change. Lucina's existence is evident of that.

Though the DLC may not have been part of this leak, it's still possible.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
No he hasn't.

He stated he doesn't have plans at the time, as he wants to focus on a completed game first and foremost, which I admire. This, however, does not deconfirm DLC.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
In regards to the DLC being fake, I feel now is a good time to say why. @vaanrose explained earlier why it was fake.

The guy who said it even admitted it, he got the images from someone else in confidence, and then leaked them while adding his own BS information to "identify any copy cats"

I can confirm this.
Okay, that clears things up.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Plans can change. Lucina's existence is evident of that.

Though the DLC may not have been part of this leak, it's still possible.
Changing his mind about Villager etc. is a small thing. Adding DLC takes a lot more. I don't think Sakurai would take DLC lightly.

I won't say the possibility isn't there, but it's very unlikely.

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this would happen, given Sakurai's philosophy of playing differently=own character. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do.
So do you think he purposefully came up with custom moves for Ness and Fox that are NOT like Lucas or Wolf's? That also seems strange. And I honestly can only think of a couple ways to change most of their moves up...

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Everyone,

Now that we know that the Leak will not have the DLC as stated, please fill out this survey.

Assuming that there are 5 more slots, rank the following characters based on who you expect they would be/who you want. It's kind of up to interpretation. 1= Most likely/Most wanted (your call) 13= (Least likely/Least Wanted).

There will probably be tons of questions, just go with what you think I meant and do the the survey. :joyful:

I picked the characters based on rumors, Ninka leak, popular requests, and the leak suggested cuts.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NSWXXQ3

I will reveal the results this time tomorrow. Spread the survey, put it in the 2nd post of the thread. It'll be interesting to see what we think.

Please don't bash if I didn't include your favorite character.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
What even are the arguments against the leak at this point? The only one I've seen right now it something about a flipped 'U' which doesn't even make sense to me. The leak has already predicted something (the chair room part of the Tomodachi Life stage) so at least the stage part is most likely real.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Sakurai never said DLC is never going to happen. He said there are no plans for it at the moment. That's probably because he wants to focus on making a complete game. No one said there won't be DLC later down the road.

xGiygasx

Smash Rookie
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm skeptical to whether this game will have DLC support at all. Nintendo isn't exactly notorious for it, and even with games like Mario Kart 8 we just got some Mercedes cars. I just don't see continuing support happening unfortunately.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm skeptical to whether this game will have DLC support at all. Nintendo isn't exactly notorious for it, and even with games like Mario Kart 8 we just got some Mercedes cars. I just don't see continuing support happening unfortunately.
Bowser Jr. Mercedes Floating Car DLC confirmed.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Golf for 3DS and Mario Kart 8 have DLC.

And don't Super Luigi U and that toad's treasure thing count as DLC?

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Not just Mercedes cars. It also added the ability to see the map on the TV screen, general online stability fixes, and a scoreboard area absent in MK8 but present in MK7 that tallys past achievements, such as total collected coins, win/loss records online, character preference and whatnot.

It also shows DLC is very feasible for Nintendo to do, so I don't see how this is a strike against it. If anything, I think it just makes DLC even more likely.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Not just Mercedes cars. It also added the ability to see the map on the TV screen, general online stability fixes, and a scoreboard area absent in MK8 but present in MK7 that tallys past achievements, such as total collected coins, win/loss records online, character preference and whatnot.

It also shows DLC is very feasible for Nintendo to do, so I don't see how this is a strike against it. If anything, I think it just makes DLC even more likely.
Being able to do it does not equate to doing it.

I'm probably able to go on a murderous rampage right now, but I'm not going to.
or am I

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I don't think he ever outright stated that. Wasn't it more along the lines of "we're focusing on the release content as of this time, it's too early to say"? That aside while it's true that Sakurai may not care for it, Namco-Bandai loves it. Like, a stupidly absurd amount. The Tales series is proof enough of that.

Not that I particularly find the chance of DLC likely, but it's within the realm of possibility.

Edit: Super late on this. Glad to see so many others agree.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting. I'd had suspicions about the true hidden leaker, and while I still don't understand how we're supposed to be so sure, if the mods say they're confident about it I'll take their word for it.

Regarding DLC, I can believe that more characters will be added at some point, whether through DLC or Amiibo or something else. What I couldn't believe was the implication that the character select screen would save open spaces for them rather than them being accessed some other way. So it's good to get the indications of that out of the way, at least.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Being able to do it does not equate to doing it.

I'm probably able to go on a murderous rampage right now, but I'm not going to.
or am I
I'd see your point if it was three years ago, but Nintendo has certainly been on the ball with DLC recently.

Fire Emblem Awakening had basically a whole mini story through DLC. Pikmin 3 had a few dozen missions given out through DLC. NSMBU effectively had it's entire game overhauled, with 80+ levels being completely altered, alongside physics and characters, though DLC. And recently, Nintendo is adding new karts to MK8 through DLC.

Smash is basically guaranteed DLC with this track record.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
@Joalro
A couple things I feel should be added to the second post:
  1. The css has the bottom two rows centered, whereas the stage select screen does not.
  2. The arrow over Ganondorf's face and in this picture:

Just a personal side note, why is it so dark in the room where these pictures are being taken? It seems that the pictures are being displayed on either a tv or a computer monitor (you can see the top part in a few pictures, including the one here in this post). But why is it so dark? Supposedly these pictures were taken at an ESRB building. Personally, I have a hard time picturing people at the ESRB sitting in a dark room to watch these videos. Like, wouldn't they be like normal people and sit in a room with the lights on while watching tv? One reason I can think of that it would be dark in the room is, it's easier to take pictures of a tv screen / computer monitor if the lights are off. So, if the room was set up so the person could record a video of the tv, why the shoddy picture quality? You would think that they could just get the whole tv in frame and be centered in front of the tv.
Or, let's say the people at the ESRB do watch videos in the dark. That would make it impossible for someone to secretly record a video on their phone as it would create a bright light that their phone is on. You would think they would have some sort of rule about that. Just more things that don't make sense...

Also, are character outlines turned off here? Shulk almost looks like he has a red outline, but no other character has an outline. Lucina should have a red outline and Ganondorf and Charizard should have blue outlines, but they do not. Can outlines even be turned off completely during a team battle? Seeing as how characters are no longer forced to switch to a certain colored costume during team battles, I would think that outlines would be mandatory in team battles. It would seem odd for Sakurai to allow players to not be able to distinguish which team characters are on when it has always been heavily forced in the past (making same characters on the same team lighter and darker).

And finally, just out of curiosity, I've never been able to figure out what this is:

Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

xGiygasx

Smash Rookie

I feel like some of those things are more like updates than "DLC" but I certainly hope you are right about DLC being more prominent in the future. Smash would be the perfect game to start supporting heavy DLC.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'd see your point if it was three years ago, but Nintendo has certainly been on the ball with DLC recently.

Fire Emblem Awakening had basically a whole mini story through DLC. Pikmin 3 had a few dozen missions given out through DLC. NSMBU effectively had it's entire game overhauled, with 80+ levels being completely altered, alongside physics and characters, though DLC. And recently, Nintendo is adding new karts to MK8 through DLC.

Smash is basically guaranteed DLC with this track record.
"Basically guaranteed"

How we twist logic and fact when we desire a different outcome.

Remember Sakurai has already said they are not planning DLC. If they were, they'd have left spots open on the character selection screen, and the Ninka leak has already disproved that the roster shown there is the final one.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
As others have said, quite a few major Nintendo releases in the last two years have had DLC: New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Mario Golf 3DS. The Pokemon games have been doing their own take on DLC for almost a decade. I think it's fair to say that DLC for this game is actually quite likely. This is the game that will sell the Wii U and they will want to make the most of it. Not to mention the fact that Sakurai is a perfectionist, and that we have another eerily accurate (for the most part) leak in Gematsu that said character DLC was going to happen.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Their credibility goes with fake DLC. You don't just post that, take it back, and retain your credibility. You guys need to get a grip.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
  1. The css has the bottom two rows centered, whereas the stage select screen does not.

Just a personal side note, why is it so dark in the room where these pictures are being taken? It seems that the pictures are being displayed on either a tv or a computer monitor (you can see the top part in a few pictures, including the one here in this post). But why is it so dark? Supposedly these pictures were taken at an ESRB building. Personally, I have a hard time picturing people at the ESRB sitting in a dark room to watch these videos. Like, wouldn't they be like normal people and sit in a room with the lights on while watching tv? One reason I can think of that it would be dark in the room is, it's easier to take pictures of a tv screen / computer monitor if the lights are off. So, if the room was set up so the person could record a video of the tv, why the shoddy picture quality? You would think that they could just get the whole tv in frame and be centered in front of the tv.
Or, let's say the people at the ESRB do watch videos in the dark. That would make it impossible for someone to secretly record a video on their phone as it would create a bright light that their phone is on. You would think they would have some sort of rule about that. Just more things that don't make sense...

Also, are character outlines turned off here? Shulk almost looks like he has a red outline, but no other character has an outline. Lucina should have a red outline and Ganondorf and Charizard should have blue outlines, but they do not. Can outlines even be turned off completely during a team battle? Seeing as how characters are no longer forced to switch to a certain colored costume during team battles, I would think that outlines would be mandatory in team battles. It would seem odd for Sakurai to allow players to not be able to distinguish which team characters are on when it has always been heavily forced in the past (making same characters on the same team lighter and darker).

And finally, just out of curiosity, I've never been able to figure out what this is:

Can anyone help me out?
Piece of the Dragoon rotating.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Can anyone help me out?
Cake walk

Thats the body part of the dragoon.

Roost3r

Smash Cadet
[quote="Dark Dude, post: 17366650, member: 84203"

Can anyone help me out?[/quote]

Dragoon piece

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Their credibility goes with fake DLC. You don't just post that, take it back, and retain your credibility. You guys need to get a grip.
It's not like we've been scrutinizing this leak non-stop for three days straight and have more than enough reason believe it. I'm sorry if you don't feel like putting the time into reading up on the evidence for the two sides, but no, I don't think we need to "get a grip".

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Why do I keep having to bring this up. The picture leak that was posted ON 4CHAN has already predicted part of the Tomodachi Life stage that has never been seen anywhere before the Famitsu article. The person who leaked them was given the pictures by a different source and so he added BS information along with it either to just be a troll or to catch people who copy it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What you're not understanding is that it wasn't the same guy.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Can anyone help me out?
Probably not ESRB. That's just a made up background story to throw off that it was actually leaked from a Marketing Intern. :estatic:

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace

Can anyone help me out?
If they're taking the pictures with a cellphone camera or a similar low quality camera in an indoor setting, usually the camera will adjust the brightness of the surroundings to that whatever you're focusing on is well lit. So if you're focusing on a bright screen, the background will appear relatively dark, even if it isn't.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
"Basically guaranteed"

Remember Sakurai has already said they are not planning DLC. If they were, they'd have left spots open on the character selection screen, and the Ninka leak has already disproved that the roster shown there is the final one.
I never said that I was longing for DLC. My point is that Nintendo has been very supportive of DLC for several of its titles.

Though, seeming you are taking only half of what Sakurai stated, it's worth remembering that Sakurai also stated that "once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Saying that he isn't going to do DLC because he's trying to make a complete game is just silly. That's how all developers should approach DLC. I'm not saying he's planning it now, but what I am saying is that it's exceedingly likely gonna happen down the line.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
If the leak is real, calling it now: Duck Hunt Dog is banned everywhere due to his inevitable taunt.

I STILL can't get over how good his model looks.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
"Basically guaranteed"

Nintendo does not "leave space" for DLC additions in regular menus. They make it available separately. Fire Emblem, NSMBU, PMD, that's always how it works.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys i have the solution for dlc

Remember the picture with the normal characters and the miis option.

Quite simply i think the dlc characters are going to be seperate from the non dlc have there own box just like the miis and all confirmed characters so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom