• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Well some people on RidleyFAQs found something else that may prove the leak might be real.
This page from a magazine has a selection screenshot of Reset Bomb Forest, and it's the same one in the leak.

http://i.imgur.com/FnymGKz.jpg

The plot thickens...

Was this stage at the E3 demo booth?
We already know that for it to be faked, it'd take early Famitsu access. Milking the Famitsu thing more and more doesn't necessarily make it look better.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Are we 100% sure the "there are more characters" isn't a red herring like with the DLC mentions? Because I do find it odd why they would leave out characters for no reason, and the names mentioned sounds like bait to trick people via bias.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, we actually didn't get to see THIS part of the stage...

youtube /watch?v=RWzGVUR-l-8

Sorry about that !

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Are we 100% sure the "there are more characters" isn't a red herring like with the DLC mentions? Because I do find it odd why they would leave out characters for no reason, and the names mentioned sounds like bait to trick people via bias.
I'm so sorry, this is OT, but at a quick glance I thought Robin was on the toilet in your avatar

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
We already know that for it to be faked, it'd take early Famitsu access. Milking the Famitsu thing more and more doesn't necessarily make it look better.
To be fair it isn't from Famitsu, it's from "Nintendo Dream".

Same thing probably.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, we actually didn't get to see THIS part of the stage...

youtube /watch?v=RWzGVUR-l-8

Sorry about that !
Oh I see, my question a bit ago still stand however, have we seen the stage select screen before with Reset Bomb Factory on it?

EDIT: Got :4greninja:'d I believe.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
How about instead of thinking about all the things that could make this fake, we should think of how on earth someone would be able to fake something this massive, that has already been all but proven true by the Tomodachi Life stage.

Last edited:

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
From a quick glance through the scans there doesn't seem to be anything major that supports or deconfirms this leak. I wonder if people will find any really small discrepancies later.

How about instead of thinking about all the things that could make this fake, we should think of how on earth someone would be able to fake something this massive, that has already been all but proven true by the Tomodachi Life stage.
Anyone can make anything, given enough time and some talent. The only thing worth discussing is proof of it being real or proof of it being fake, hypothetical people have hypothetically infinite time and talent to make whatever.

Last edited:

anon1776

Banned via Warnings
In regards to the DLC being fake, I feel now is a good time to say why. @vaanrose explained earlier why it was fake.

The guy who said it even admitted it, he got the images from someone else in confidence, and then leaked them while adding his own BS information to "identify any copy cats"

I can confirm this.
Correct. I only did it in an attempt to smoke out copy cats, and to **** with everyone a bit.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
From a quick glance through the scans there doesn't seem to be anything major that supports or deconfirms this leak. I wonder if people will find any really small discrepancies later.
Reddit already found a part of the Tomodachi Life stage that has never been seen before (until Famitsu), in the leak.

Why do I keep having to bring this up? Does no one know about it?

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Honestly, it'd be really funny if people faked everything just to give the community something to occupy themselves with til release. In a way... it'd almost be nice.

That's almost as believable as any other theory.

--

Leaning towards camp real though. Reminds me too much of "The 35 Character Roster" Days

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
How about instead of thinking about all the things that could make this fake, we should think of how on earth someone would be able to fake something this massive, that has already been all but proven true.
Well most people scream "photoshop" at this, but whoever made this must be a Michelangelo style artist at it and a Cloverfield style camera user.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Reddit already found a part of the Tomodachi Life stage that has never been seen before (until Famitsu), in the leak.

Why do I keep having to bring this up? Does no one know about it?
Everyone knows about it, and it's evidence in favor of it being real, but it's also like a 40x40 burry pixel smudge in a leak filled with tons and tons and tons of bigger, clearer things.

We need something more substantial than a screenshot of an existing stage.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
How about instead of thinking about all the things that could make this fake, we should think of how on earth someone would be able to fake something this massive, that has already been all but proven true.
I suppose there is the occasional nitpick (the second post of this thread has a whole bunch of them, complete with counterarguments, it's worth a look), but there's no denying the sheer scale of this leak. Even if someone believes it to be fake, they need to give credit where credit is due and admire the amount of work that went into it.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Everyone knows about it, and it's evidence in favor of it being real, but it's also like a 40x40 burry pixel smudge in a leak filled with tons and tons and tons of bigger, clearer things.

We need something more substantial than a screenshot of an existing stage.
Even if it's blurry, the chair stands out rather obviously. Remember that there is no way a faker could have known about this room prior to the Famitsu scan.

If someone faked this, they've got to be psychic or something.

Last edited:

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Even if it's blurry, the chair stands out rather obviously.
Yeah, we know what it is, it's the Modern Asian Room from Tomodachi Life, which we hadn't seen until Famitsu the day after. But there's other explanations- he got the Famitsu issue early, he got lucky guessing the room, etc. It's evidence in favor of the leak's legitimacy but it's too small to prove anything.

I think the leak is real, but the Famitsu Tomodachi screen is just not enough.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice

I'm more interesting in the whole image, not just the stage itself. People complain the stage select screen in the leak was ugly or out of place... perhaps the image shown above is what appears after you select a stage, but before a confirmation?

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
This leak also had a lot of effort put into it, and we ALL know how well THAT went:

But still this one seems a lot more reasonable and a lot more "Sakurai"-ish

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice

I'm more interesting in the whole image, not just the stage itself. People complain the stage select screen in the leak was ugly... perhaps the image shown above is what appears after you select a stage, but before a confirmation?
This is what is displayed on the lower screen before you select the stage, when you're hovering over it. I think.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Yeah, we know what it is, it's the Modern Asian Room from Tomodachi Life, which we hadn't seen until Famitsu the day after. But there's other explanations- he got the Famitsu issue early, he got lucky guessing the room, etc. It's evidence in favor of the leak's legitimacy but it's too small to prove anything.

I think the leak is real, but the Famitsu Tomodachi screen is just not enough.
The chances are extremely small that it was a lucky guess. And even if it was, there are many other things he had to account for:
- The Ninka/Vaanrose leak
- The thicker line under Kirby
- Would have to photoshop each stage image and character image individually
- A TON of other things

I would think not even a Smash faker is this dedicated.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
The Tomodachi Life stage indicates some degree of early/insider information. Yet the CSS makes it difficult to believe the screens are all 100% accurate to the final game. So what's true and what isn't? It's hard to say.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
The chances are extremely small that it was a lucky guess. And even if it was, there are many other things he had to account for:
- A TON of other things

"It would take a lot of work to make this!" is not a strike against it being fake.

backlot

Smash Journeyman
The Tomodachi Life stage indicates some degree of early/insider information. Yet the CSS makes it difficult to believe the screens are all 100% accurate to the final game. So what's true and what isn't? It's hard to say.
What's wrong with the CSS?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
"It would take a lot of work to make this!" is not a strike against it being fake.
Then point out one flaw. The DLC thing is not part of the leak, so that does not count as one.

What's wrong with the CSS?
Apparently it doesn't go with Sakurai's style or something, even though it looks almost the same as the E3 build.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I mean, he got EVERY little detail right. He got a picture of a stage before that part was shown. He got Brinstar, which was revealed the day before. Assuming he must have bern working on it for a while, he couldn't have just thrown it on there. He knows something.

Also how is it this guy made a potato quality leak and it is more believable and beloved than Sal's?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I mean, he got EVERY little detail right. He got a picture of a stage before that part was shown. He got Brinstar, which was revealed the day before. Assuming he must have bern working on it for a while, he couldn't have just thrown it on there. He knows something.

Also how is it this guy made a potato quality leak and it is more believable and beloved than Sal's?
Sal was legit, it was just REALLY early information. There's no way anyone could guess Wii Fit Trainer in a million years.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
- A TON of other things

The leak could have easily been modeled after the vannrose leak. Also, you conveniently ignore the fallacies in the leak which have been written off as "red herrings/intentional errors." The answer is we don't know, and everyone needs to stop pretending we do.

I'm out now. I'm having a garbage week and this leak is stressing as hell. I'll see if anything develops later I guess. Good luck guys.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Then point out one flaw. The DLC thing is not part of the leak, so that does not count as one.
There aren't any flaws other than the lack of validation.

Nobody is sure it's real yet. You are allowed to believe in the leak all you want. It's okay. Nobody is saying you shouldn't. I also think the leak is real.

But we need proof that it's real. That's what everyone is waiting for. Tangible proof. Real actual 100% proof that without a doubt this is a real thing and nobody can say it isn't.

We don't have that yet, we have some strong supporting evidence but we have no concrete proof.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
The leak could have easily been modeled after the vannrose leak. Also, you conveniently ignore the fallacies in the leak which have been written off as "red herrings/intentional errors." The answer is we don't know, and everyone needs to stop pretending we do.

I'm out now. I'm having a garbage week and this leak is stressing as hell. I'll see if anything develops later I guess. Good luck guys.
What are these fallacies?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
The problem is, it can be easily disproved by a single Veteran announcement (I dunno, Ness) and his artwork is completely different.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986

I'm one of those people who believes that Sal just had very early information from before development of the game even started.

The reason more people are on board with this one compared to Sal's is because we have multiple leakers with multiple pictures that contain artwork and screenshots that can't be found anywhere else on the Internet. Sal had no pictures; only text. Also, with many of the characters being obvious for making it into the game, it looked more like luck than anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This leak also had a lot of effort put into it, and we ALL know how well THAT went:

It has Chrom on it

It's obviously fake

Also that game and watch is from in game, not a render

The Chrom is not Smash artwork, it's Fire Emblem

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

I remember that as being the most "play it safe" roster that I had ever seen.

It has Chrom on it

It's obviously fake

Also that game and watch is from in game, not a render

The Chrom is not Smash artwork, it's Fire Emblem
We know that. But at the time, we didn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom