• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Crap. I've been posting in the wrong thread. Here are some things I pointed out in the other thread:

The bottom row of the stage select screen is not centered. The bottom rows for the character select screen are.

To the left of the duck's head you can see his neck. The bottom of his head, however, is on the right which would make his neck longer than his head.

That person on 4chan saying that they modified it in order to make it more controversial could be saying that to just cover up all the mistakes.

No, no, no. I can see that the blue part on the right of his head is his other wing, On the left of his head you can see some white. That is his neck. But his head is facing left, making the bottom of his head on the right. Here's an image I made real quick to show what I mean:

The light white part that I added is where his neck would have to be in order to connect to the bottom of his head. That's a really long neck. I don't know what the source image is for this duck, but it seems as though someone just horizontally flipped the head in order to keep the head inside the frame. Otherwise, the head should be farther left and up, covering up his neck.

---

Another thing I noticed while looking closer at this image is the perspective. I could be wrong here, but something seems wrong with it. Towards the top:

The bottom part is almost a straight line across, but the top part is at more of an angle. It's also drastically different from the bottom part:

I understand the picture was taken at an angle, but the differences here are pretty dramatic. Again, the bottom part of where it says "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" is almost straight, and the bottom part is at an extremely different angle. I know it's just perspective, but it seems off to me. Especially the difference between the top and bottom part of the "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" boxes.

Not sure if it means anything, but the colors that they changed to are the same background colors as on the smashbros.com website. Which, if it was fake then the faker would have had to have gotten the pictures from the website. Also, all the character icons are more zoomed out in the "leak" than they are in the e3 demo, except for Kirby who is actually more zoomed in.

Oh, ducks have long necks. Well, these are ducks based off the NES game Duck Hunt. Specifically, this duck here:

Does that look like a long neck to you? Specifically the white part.

---

I've seen people point out the one about the stage select screen random icon, but I don't think I've seen someone mention the one on the character select screen.

It overlaps the wrench icon box, which makes no sense. The wrench icon is on the bottom screen and the random icon is on the top screen. It should be impossible for that to happen.
I read the whole thing, but I'm going to comment on the overlapping light of the random button. It appears to be displayed on a larger screen with both bottom and top screen up against one another. And in a dark room, a bright white light would definitely obscure a picture's defined lines, as in this picture.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Did you ever consider that white part could be his eye...?
I did, but it actually goes above his "eyebrow." Last I checked, eyes don't do that. Also, it would be sticking out an awful lot.
I read the whole thing, but I'm going to comment on the overlapping light of the random button. It appears to be displayed on a larger screen with both bottom and top screen up against one another. And in a dark room, a bright white light would definitely obscure a picture's defined lines, as in this picture.
Good point. It was just something I noticed and hadn't seen anyone say anything about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crap. I've been posting in the wrong thread. Here are some things I pointed out in the other thread:

The bottom row of the stage select screen is not centered. The bottom rows for the character select screen are.

To the left of the duck's head you can see his neck. The bottom of his head, however, is on the right which would make his neck longer than his head.

That person on 4chan saying that they modified it in order to make it more controversial could be saying that to just cover up all the mistakes.

No, no, no. I can see that the blue part on the right of his head is his other wing, On the left of his head you can see some white. That is his neck. But his head is facing left, making the bottom of his head on the right. Here's an image I made real quick to show what I mean:

The light white part that I added is where his neck would have to be in order to connect to the bottom of his head. That's a really long neck. I don't know what the source image is for this duck, but it seems as though someone just horizontally flipped the head in order to keep the head inside the frame. Otherwise, the head should be farther left and up, covering up his neck.

---

Another thing I noticed while looking closer at this image is the perspective. I could be wrong here, but something seems wrong with it. Towards the top:

The bottom part is almost a straight line across, but the top part is at more of an angle. It's also drastically different from the bottom part:

I understand the picture was taken at an angle, but the differences here are pretty dramatic. Again, the bottom part of where it says "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" is almost straight, and the bottom part is at an extremely different angle. I know it's just perspective, but it seems off to me. Especially the difference between the top and bottom part of the "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" boxes.

Not sure if it means anything, but the colors that they changed to are the same background colors as on the smashbros.com website. Which, if it was fake then the faker would have had to have gotten the pictures from the website. Also, all the character icons are more zoomed out in the "leak" than they are in the e3 demo, except for Kirby who is actually more zoomed in.

Oh, ducks have long necks. Well, these are ducks based off the NES game Duck Hunt. Specifically, this duck here:

---

I've seen people point out the one about the stage select screen random icon, but I don't think I've seen someone mention the one on the character select screen.

It overlaps the wrench icon box, which makes no sense. The wrench icon is on the bottom screen and the random icon is on the top screen. It should be impossible for that to happen.
read the second post in this thread please. Some if these are covered I'm sure

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that maybe this leak was true, but then I noticed something: there are WAY more brawl stages than melee stages. Didn't sakurai say in the direct that the 3DS would mainly feature melee stages?

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
also that title & thumbnail is huge clickbait, but whatever, its his channel.
That's how a lot of his videos are. I find he's a good source of entertainment and general fighting game info, but if you're really interested in the things he talks about it's much better to look further into it yourself. Dude gets hyped a bit too easily at times and it effects content accuracy.

I have been gone for TWO WEEKS and THIS FLIPPING HAPPENS!!!
Welcome to the madhouse. Hope you enjoy your next three weeks here. I know I have been.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'll not ignore the stuff that you brought up DD, but at the end of the day it's all nitpicky stuff like that which supposedly debunked Greninja back in those days. Yes these things make it so the leak is far from infallible, but they certainly don't debunk it outright.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
There's a program called "Brawl Box" available on that same site that allows for the model files to be extracted and saved as .obj files. The .pac and .pcs files can only be read by Brawl Box, but the model files are archived within them.
Ok got it. Its not exactly all super obvious info unless you're well versed with model hacks for PM/Brawl. Wasn't completely necessary to tell me "you obviously didn't look very hard."

Last edited:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Dammit. Wanted to write this earlier, but had to go to work.

Just noticed everyone is misunderstanding my big image I made and posted on tumblr. I did write it at 4am in the morning, so I could've been more specific with a few details.

The 3 images battle/victory images ARE REAL.
1 of them was MODIFIED to spell Disablad during the leak.
The ORIGINAL VERSION spells Disabled.

These aren't from my source, so I cannot personally confirm whether these are real or not.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69892159
I did not put and edit together those screens using mods as many of you seem to think I did.

The Shulk image next to Metaknight and Luigi, IS REAL.
The Shulk screenshot is what I used and attempted to modify and put out to create contradictions towards the leaked images.

As you can see/already seen they look different and would confuse people AS IT DID.
But Anonymous posted the leaked images sooner than I thought before I could really start making all the fake edits on the other characters.

Hope this made it somewhat more clear on my part since all I see is confusion with my username and the large info image I made last night.

I will not post anything that the public hasn't already seen leaked. So don't ask for anything of the sort right now.

Last edited:

GLStephen

Smash Cadet
The "debunkings" I've seen posted have finally managed to make this more interesting to me as a psychiatrist than it is to me as a Smash fan. Good job, folks.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice

Just noticed everyone is misunderstanding my big image I made and posted on tumblr. I did write it at 4am in the morning, so I could've been more specific with a few details.

I did not put and edit together those screens using mods as many of you seem to think I did.

The Shulk screenshot is what I used and attempted to modify and put out to create contradictions towards the leaked images.

As you can see/already seen they look different and would confuse people AS IT DID.
But Anonymous posted the leaked images sooner than I thought before I could really start making all the fake edits on the other characters.

Hope this made it somewhat more clear on my part since all I see is confusion with my username and the large info image I made last night.

I will not post anything that the public hasn't already seen leaked. So don't ask for anything of the sort right now.
That sure does clear some stuff up

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet

You said you were doing this to save jobs. How will this help save jobs?

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
So Shulk quite possibly punches people?? If the dude ain't fighting mechon he thinks he can beat dudes with his fist's :laugh:

Mewter

Smash Master

Nice observations. I'd like to preface this by saying that if this is a completely fabricated false leak, it is likely everything was straight-edged and cleanly aligned (including parallel lines), since that's actually very easy.
To answer this particular comment, that is interesting.

Good point about 4chan person.

The neck's fine, it's a stylized and cartoony duck.
---

Looks fine to me, just a matter of camera perspective. Remember that the leaker would have composed this on a computer first and it is extremely easy to make parallel lines. It's unlikely they goofed with a slant.

Don't know why. Could be they changed it, or it could be an illusion caused by removal of name boxes. I will check that later. This could be a valid point.

Based off of but remember, the duck looks different and even the dog has changed to a different style.

This is because the picture has motion blur, camera static, and terrible JPEG formatting all conspiring against it (heck, the grey background has visible static). This applies to all "bleeds" of color. Also notice in the larger picture the dark bar covers the entirety of the bottom screen background. The "covering" is an illusion caused by the white bar of the "Time" bar and the terrible quality of the picture.

Last edited:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice

I have a question regarding your motives.

Was altering the images done to protect you/the source, or simply to cause debate and chaos?

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
Also, in the twenty years ESRB has existed they have never once leaked information so I think we can write off any speculation that these images came from ESRB. If this is a leak they are from a debug or quality assurance team.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

Just noticed everyone is misunderstanding my big image I made and posted on tumblr.

I have a question regarding your motives.

Was altering the images done to protect you/the source, or simply to cause debate and chaos?
Oh hello. I just got here, what's going on? Masterlinkx's one of the leakers? Can I get a link to that tumblr?

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Also, in the twenty years ESRB has existed they have never once leaked information so I think we can write off any speculation that these images came from ESRB. If this is a leak they are from a debug or quality assurance team.
And apparently are trying to blame it on the ESRB.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

A bit silly, but turned this in to an image like I did to the last one. In case anyone wants to spread this to fix up some of the confusion about some of my part in this.
Surprisingly the last image has over 10,000 views in 24 hours. So hopefully this'll clear things up for those who've seen the old one.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to let you know we've actually started Miiverse arguments over this now. Our info is turning into arguments... On Miiverse... Has this happened with anything but Gematsu before?

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to let you know we've actually started Miiverse arguments over this now. Our info is turning into arguments... On Miiverse... Has this happened with anything but Gematsu before?
I've seen so much debate on this leak in Miiverse. I don't recall Gematsu getting nearly this much discussion there but then again I wasn't on as much. And no I don't think any other leak besides this one and Gematsu have ever had an impact on Miiverse.

Shrek does though lol :troll:

D

Deleted member

I've seen so much debate on this leak in Miiverse. I don't recall Gematsu getting nearly this much discussion there but then again I wasn't on as much. And no I don't think any other leak besides this one and Gematsu have ever had an impact on Miiverse.

Shrek does though lol :troll:
Is the debate actually logical on Miiverse?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Let's put it this way, we had 20s people arguing excessively over the game not having their character in.

Miiverse has a lot of kids that mostly just say annoying ****

the math is practically done

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Rarely if that means anything. Most say the same points we have discussed to death here but a few have some common sense.

It's like finding a needle in a haystack to find them though.

EDIT: Oh in case you were meaning like the debate that someone brought up and lead to arguements I know nothing about it. I speak on the behalf of all of Miiverse in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

figured that much about Miiverse, I can't believe I used that place for smash discussion for a few months before i began lurking here.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
An example is a discussion I'm currently in where I brought up the leak and (surprisingly) got people who didn't call it fake, we have been discussing how it could be confirmed or deconfirmed and there hasn't been any rudimentary screaming of children.... Yet

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
figured that much about Miiverse, I can't believe I used that place for smash discussion for a few months before i began lurking here.
all I did was post propaganda drawings of the sneaky spirit and chorus men on the community.

also speaking of miiverse I found this gem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom