• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croshi

Smash Rookie
Hey, you know what is a funny thought?

Dr. Mario is more of a clone to Luigi than to Mario. As Mario has a different special move than Dr. Mario. FLUDD to Tornado.
Luigi and Doc's side B's are different though. And technically their up B's too.

D

Deleted member

Simple, I am a member of the smash 3 project, as well as shun and ninka, we communicate by skype to do our stuff. I was responsable of texturing Bowser, as many members that visited the thread already know, shun showed me the palletes, a week later the rest of the info. You can check the smash 3 op to look for the members of the project, I am in it. Thats the evidence of contact.

Why believe it?
I got nothing that tells you to believe me. Neither do I care to be believed. For I never posted on a chatter section of smashboards to know any of you. I never, ever wanted to be involved, but after I saw the bussiness with shun has settled, I tough it was safe and just get the secret out of my chest. I do however, have one last piece of evidence that proves my knowledge of the leak before it started. I'm on mobile however, and I need to take a single facebook screen sharing a post that dates before this mess started, by tomorrow, I'll share the pics.

I don't wanna be seen like a liar... its a bad first impression.
I was skeptical when you first posted. but after giving your position and explanation, there's no reason not to believe you.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Simple, I am a member of the smash 3 project, as well as shun and ninka, we communicate by skype to do our stuff. I was responsable of texturing Bowser, as many members that visited the thread already know, shun showed me the palletes, a week later the rest of the info. You can check the smash 3 op to look for the members of the project, I am in it. Thats the evidence of contact.

Why believe it?
I got nothing that tells you to believe me. Neither do I care to be believed. For I never posted on a chatter section of smashboards to know any of you. I never, ever wanted to be involved, but after I saw the bussiness with shun has settled, I tough it was safe and just get the secret out of my chest. I do however, have one last piece of evidence that proves my knowledge of the leak before it started. I'm on mobile however, and I need to take a single facebook screen sharing a post that dates before this mess started, by tomorrow, I'll share the pics.

Dude, that makes me believe you more. This leak is heating up again
P.S. Huge fan of Smash 3 Project!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Why believe it?

Thanks for your response. I am not trying to undermine your statements.

By the way you put it, this screen that you will post tomorrow shouldn't add any kindling to reignite debate about the legitimacy of the leaks. But we'll see.

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
A lot of people have said that the connected screens could be because this is a highlight reel sent to the ESRB, but they're potato quality due to being camera pictures of said reel. Assuming that is the case, wouldn't the leaker have access to a video file that they could post, therefore having much higher quality pictures?
Something else about the alleged ESRB highlight reel: would it include the character and stage select screens? On the one hand, they could be quick, succinct ways of showing the characters and stages without wasting time on details. On the other hand, the CSS shows very little of each character, and the SSS has very small pictures of stages that could easily not show important details. For the purpose of showing any 'questionable' content, I'd imagine it would be better to show at least one screenshot of each character and one of each stage, perhaps with extras thrown in for multi-part stages and anything else notably risque. This might be grasping for straws, but it's just something I found a little odd.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I think that is best not to assume that the leaks are really from an esrb leaker. And not to trust what the leakers were saying.

It really seams like a Nintendo leaker took pics and then were given to multiple people, they were told to photoshop them a little, make up a story, and then leak the images.

This protects the original Nintendo leaker's job.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Now that you mention it, it does remind me of Magicant a bit. I also can't think of any other places that are that bright and pink in any Nintendo games.
I know right! It was bothering me for the past day and I figured that Ness didn't have any kind of representative stage yet, and I remembered that "strawberry ice cream" place.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
On the subject of 3DS stages, does anyone else find it awkward that only some series with playable characters miss out on at least 1 stage? In this case, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Metroid, & possibly Game & Watch. I suppose we can't outrule that the SSS didn't show all unlocked content.

R.O.B. aside, it feels pretty unfaithful not to give them a home for single player modes like in Brawl. Maybe this indicates something about stages to expect from the Wii U version.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of 3DS stages, does anyone else find it awkward that only some series with playable characters miss out on at least 1 stage? In this case, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Metroid, & possibly Game & Watch. I suppose we can't outrule that the SSS didn't show all unlocked content.

R.O.B. aside, it feels pretty unfaithful not to give them a home for single player modes like in Brawl. Maybe this indicates something about stages to expect from the Wii U version.
There's most likely more. Multiple sources say this isn't a complete roster, same could go for stages, I hope

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien

I mean, yeah it does seem weird, but I wouldn't put it past them to do that. I could easily see Mario getting multiple stages and Donkey Kong getting none besides a past stage. Who knows though, we could be surprised!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

I'm pretty sure that Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage, DK has Jungle Japes, some are claiming they see a Yoshi stage, Metroid has Brinstar, and I think I saw a Game & Watch stage on the side.
Note: I think the leak is fake, but just pointing out it does have those stages.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm not sure why they would be transgressing to the Melee standard of stages (yet alone cuts to return :drmario:>:mewtwomelee:). Seems like there's no logical reason to bring it back.

Also, forgot to mention Pikmin, WarioWare, & Sonic the Hedgehog not having new 3DS stages.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm pretty sure that Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage, DK has Jungle Japes, some are claiming they see a Yoshi stage, Metroid has Brinstar, and I think I saw a Game & Watch stage on the side.
Note: I think the leak is fake, but just pointing out it does have those stages.
Brawl's Yoshi's Island is there.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No, the Gameboy stage is a Gameboy stage and only shows the Kirby platforming layout as one of its transitions. Jungle Japes is a returning stage. Same with Yoshi's Island and Brinstar. Game & Watch I'm not sure if it's Flat Zone 1, 2, or something new.

Sparknotes on the last five hours?
No new developments, except that @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout will post an image tomorrow to prove that he knew about the leak before it was publicly-aware. Maybe even before Shun or Ninka.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'm not sure why they would be transgressing to the Melee standard of stages (yet alone cuts to return :drmario:>:mewtwomelee:). Seems like there's no logical reason to bring it back.

Also, forgot to mention Pikmin, WarioWare, & Sonic the Hedgehog not having new 3DS stages.
Well, due to size limitations each stage only gets two songs. I'm sure such limitations might make the amount of new stages possible a little bit smaller. Plus time constraints...

But who knows, this might not be real!

Sidenote: I think Zelda has the best new stages!

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
No, the Gameboy stage is a Gameboy stage and only shows the Kirby platforming layout as one of its transitions. Jungle Japes is a returning stage. Same with Yoshi's Island and Brinstar. Game & Watch I'm not sure if it's Flat Zone 1, 2, or something new.

No new developments, except that @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout will post an image tomorrow to prove that he knew about the leak before it was publicly-aware.
Oh, if you're talking about new stages, not that we know of.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
Assuming this is real…

I think the most bizarre choice is Dr. Mario returning. Technically, it IS still Mario, just with a different outfit on. I guess the pills effects is worth making a whole new character for? I can understand Dark Pit, but Dr. Mario surprises me.

If this is true and he does get in, I really hope they at least changes his final smash.
The good doctor would likely have mario tornado as his down B

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
The only thing that puzzles me about the leak is that Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in their own little clone section, and Toon Link is up with the Zelda characters. If this is real, it probably means that there are more characters to unlock. (Sorry if this has been said)

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
The only thing that puzzles me about the leak is that Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are in their own little clone section, and Toon Link is up with the Zelda characters. If this is real, it probably means that there are more characters to unlock. (Sorry if this has been said)
I hope it's not the full roster, but I fine either way. In terms of TL, I've read that Sakurai doesn't consider him to be a clone... If someone has the source of that I would appreciate it. The only evidence I have on that is that he said there would be no clones in Brawl... and he is in Brawl.

Anyways, off to bed!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Huh....yeah...

I didn't even think about that. Why would the "New" clones get their own section when there already clones in Smash like Toon Link and Ganondorf?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
... I actually tought that I was gonna be shreaded into pieces right know... since Im still alive...

By the way you put it, this screen that you will post tomorrow shouldn't add any kindling to reignite debate about the legitimacy of the leaks. But we'll see.
Probably not, however it will prove that neither shun or ninka were lying about it either, it isn't made up, since I actually posted on facebook before Ninka shared his info. Which allows me to add a litle detail about why I believe it.

No new developments, except that @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout will post an image tomorrow to prove that he knew about the leak before it was publicly-aware. Maybe even before Shun or Ninka.
Shun was the first one that got it from the source, I and Ninka followed. I posted before Ninka (as far as I could remmember).
I am supporting this leak. Simply because I believe him, and he believes in his best friend and he made it evident to me.

In the end, all that could be achieved by this, not to prove, but backup the creation of the leak itself.

For example, when I posted, I posted jokingly... joking around instead of acting serious... since at the moment, I could not link any source... there was none publicly to begin with.

EDIT: Sorry to dissapoint, but I'm sure this will not give evidence to the leak, just evidence to the witness. Don't get your hopes up is all Im saying.

Last edited:

EdwardJP

Smash Rookie
NNID
EdwardJP
3DS FC
4511-0577-1811
While I'm not entirely #TeamFake, I'm genuinely hoping the leaks aren't real.

Although the lack of new Metroid and DK characters is pretty disappointing, it's not as much as knowing that characters that were present from Brawl were removed (assuming that DLC thing was indeed false). It's something I was really hoping would not happen considering how loyal some fans are to Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers, especially Ice Climbers considering they've been a constant representative since Melee. Even though not many people got to really like or use Ice Climbers, me included, I can't imagine how heartbreaking it would be for their most dedicated fans to find out their main character for over a decade is not available in the new installment, just to end up crossing their fingers and hope that the duo make a return in 6 - 8 years. It was already painful when Brawl cut some of Melee's unique characters, it'll be just as painful if some Brawl characters are in fact not present in these games.

If these leaks are legit, then I hope they'll be confirmed relatively soon. I would like to be given some time to mourn Lucas and Snake's absence and accept the new roster before my disappointment completely ruins the game for me when it's released.

Last edited:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Here is what is selling the leak for me right now, there isn't a damning piece of evidence against it yet. Sure, people are throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks but nothing is conclusive. With that fake CSS before E3, as soon as it tried to incorporate characters we hadn't seen before (Pac-Man, Ridley) we saw through it. Then there was the breakdown of the fonts. Nothing like that has happened yet, and everyday it doesn't it seems more and more real.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
oh boy those comments...
Honestly not that bad for Youtube comments. What gets me more are the inaccuracies within Max's video itself, though I know he's a busy guy and all. Can't expect him to have followed it for days straight like all of us crazy folk.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
What is the current status/consensus of the bit that mentions that the CSS is incomplete, and we can expect Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and one or two others?

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Crap. I've been posting in the wrong thread. Here are some things I pointed out in the other thread:

The bottom row of the stage select screen is not centered. The bottom rows for the character select screen are.

To the left of the duck's head you can see his neck. The bottom of his head, however, is on the right which would make his neck longer than his head.

That person on 4chan saying that they modified it in order to make it more controversial could be saying that to just cover up all the mistakes.
That's his other wing, not his head.
No, no, no. I can see that the blue part on the right of his head is his other wing, On the left of his head you can see some white. That is his neck. But his head is facing left, making the bottom of his head on the right. Here's an image I made real quick to show what I mean:

The light white part that I added is where his neck would have to be in order to connect to the bottom of his head. That's a really long neck. I don't know what the source image is for this duck, but it seems as though someone just horizontally flipped the head in order to keep the head inside the frame. Otherwise, the head should be farther left and up, covering up his neck.

---

Another thing I noticed while looking closer at this image is the perspective. I could be wrong here, but something seems wrong with it. Towards the top:

The bottom part is almost a straight line across, but the top part is at more of an angle. It's also drastically different from the bottom part:

I understand the picture was taken at an angle, but the differences here are pretty dramatic. Again, the bottom part of where it says "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" is almost straight, and the bottom part is at an extremely different angle. I know it's just perspective, but it seems off to me. Especially the difference between the top and bottom part of the "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" boxes.
also, fox and greninja on the css have different background colors than e3...
Not sure if it means anything, but the colors that they changed to are the same background colors as on the smashbros.com website. Which, if it was fake then the faker would have had to have gotten the pictures from the website. Also, all the character icons are more zoomed out in the "leak" than they are in the e3 demo, except for Kirby who is actually more zoomed in.
Seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Hard. Ducks have long necks.
Oh, ducks have long necks. Well, these are ducks based off the NES game Duck Hunt. Specifically, this duck here:

Does that look like a long neck to you? Specifically the white part.

---

I've seen people point out the one about the stage select screen random icon, but I don't think I've seen someone mention the one on the character select screen.

It overlaps the wrench icon box, which makes no sense. The wrench icon is on the bottom screen and the random icon is on the top screen. It should be impossible for that to happen.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
What is the current status/consensus of the bit that mentions that the CSS is incomplete, and we can expect Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and one or two others?
- Possible.
- If so, four or five additional characters seems likely.

Really though, we still have no idea.

D

Deleted member

Don't like how he treats everything as fact even us #TeamReal don't do that it kinda makes me uneasy...
He's treating it as fact because he believes it's 100% real. And he stated that. I think he did a good job with giving the info without doing too much nit picking

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Honestly not that bad for Youtube comments. What gets me more are the inaccuracies within Max's video itself, though I know he's a busy guy and all. Can't expect him to have followed it for days straight like all of us crazy folk.
No there not that bad granted the video just came out so it will probably get worse. Yeah its obvious hes a little behind, But i wish he waited and did a little more research before uploading, also that title & thumbnail is huge clickbait, but whatever, its his channel.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Don't like how he treats everything as fact even us #TeamReal don't do that it kinda makes me uneasy...
He's being more than a little irresponsible here. "ALL CHARACTERS LEAKED" is a clickbait title at best; how the heck would he know for certain? There might well be more characters not yet revealed in the leaks so far. "Big Smash 4 Roster Leak" would be a more accurate title. Also makes a few remarks that aren't quite right (Dr. Mario has had a recent game release, "Dr. Mario Express" on the 3DS).

I appreciate his enthusiasm, but I'd expect him to be a little more careful with his presentation.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Crap. I've been posting in the wrong thread. Here are some things I pointed out in the other thread:

The bottom row of the stage select screen is not centered. The bottom rows for the character select screen are.

To the left of the duck's head you can see his neck. The bottom of his head, however, is on the right which would make his neck longer than his head.

That person on 4chan saying that they modified it in order to make it more controversial could be saying that to just cover up all the mistakes.

No, no, no. I can see that the blue part on the right of his head is his other wing, On the left of his head you can see some white. That is his neck. But his head is facing left, making the bottom of his head on the right. Here's an image I made real quick to show what I mean:

The light white part that I added is where his neck would have to be in order to connect to the bottom of his head. That's a really long neck. I don't know what the source image is for this duck, but it seems as though someone just horizontally flipped the head in order to keep the head inside the frame. Otherwise, the head should be farther left and up, covering up his neck.

---

Another thing I noticed while looking closer at this image is the perspective. I could be wrong here, but something seems wrong with it. Towards the top:

The bottom part is almost a straight line across, but the top part is at more of an angle. It's also drastically different from the bottom part:

I understand the picture was taken at an angle, but the differences here are pretty dramatic. Again, the bottom part of where it says "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" is almost straight, and the bottom part is at an extremely different angle. I know it's just perspective, but it seems off to me. Especially the difference between the top and bottom part of the "Lv. 3, Lv. 8, Lv. 4" boxes.

Not sure if it means anything, but the colors that they changed to are the same background colors as on the smashbros.com website. Which, if it was fake then the faker would have had to have gotten the pictures from the website. Also, all the character icons are more zoomed out in the "leak" than they are in the e3 demo, except for Kirby who is actually more zoomed in.

Oh, ducks have long necks. Well, these are ducks based off the NES game Duck Hunt. Specifically, this duck here:

---

I've seen people point out the one about the stage select screen random icon, but I don't think I've seen someone mention the one on the character select screen.

It overlaps the wrench icon box, which makes no sense. The wrench icon is on the bottom screen and the random icon is on the top screen. It should be impossible for that to happen.
Are these new points? I think they are except the new background colors...

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby

---

---

Did you ever consider that white part could be his eye...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom