• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Someone pointed out that it could also mean that there might be like a page two or something for the stages.
True, who knows what's on that bottom screen! The only thing that bothers me is, if there is a page two, why aren't classic stages on it? I like the reasoning that because the stage selection is so small, they are interspersed to make it look bigger - a page two might destroy that logic.

Edit: It makes sense for a FD Mode button to be on the bottom screen too!

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I didn't see anything about this in the 2nd post, so here goes:

Argument: Assuming the leak is fake, the leaker obviously had to take care to make the profiles on the CSS match the ones that we saw already in the E3 demo. Now, there are also a ton of characters who weren't in the demo, so for those characters' portraits, it's okay to just make them up, right? Well, it turns out we HAVE seen the character portraits for a bunch of characters that weren't in the demo, seen at :46 here in the 3DS trailer:

and if you look closely at that part of the video and the CSS in the leak, the cropping in many of the portraits, notably all of the characters who weren't in the demo, are different.

(Many of the differences might be hard to spot for some, but basically they are cropped differently. For instance, in Peach's portrait in the trailer, her crown is cropped out, whereas in the one in the leaked CSS, it isn't)

The counterarguments here could be:

A. They changed the cropping of the portraits since the demo (why?)
B. The team portraits aren't the same as the ones used in the 3DS version's CSS (However, a lot of them are)
C. The leaker doesn't overlook things. see: CPU bold line thing (Well, I agree the leaker has a meticulous eye if these are fake, but it is possible they overlooked this one thing)

This certainly isn't hard proof of anything, though I think it reduces the leak's believability just slightly.
(Credit goes to my friend Sarah for helping point this out)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Argument: Assuming the leak is fake, the leaker obviously had to take care to make the profiles on the CSS match the ones that we saw already in the E3 demo. Now, there are also a ton of characters who weren't in the demo, so for those characters' portraits, it's okay to just make them up, right? Well, it turns out we HAVE seen the character portraits for a bunch of characters that weren't in the demo, seen at :46 here in the 3DS trailer:

and if you look closely at that part of the video and the CSS in the leak, the cropping in many of the portraits, notably all of the characters who weren't in the demo, are different.

(Many of the differences might be hard to spot for some, but basically they are cropped differently. For instance, in Peach's portrait in the trailer, her crown is cropped out, whereas in the one in the leaked CSS, it isn't)

B. The team portraits aren't the same as the ones used in the 3DS version's CSS (However, a lot of them are)
C. The leaker doesn't overlook things. see: CPU bold line thing (Well, I agree the leaker has a meticulous eye if these are fake, but it is possible they overlooked this one thing)

This certainly isn't hard prove of anything, though I think it reduces the leak's believability just slightly.
Yeah this has been brought up and I have never seen a good defense for it.
C. The bold line has been proven to be a feature in the game for when a character has not been selected yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

This certainly isn't hard prove of anything, though I think it reduces the leak's believability just slightly.

I HAVE seen this, but it is not in the second post, I will add it.

As for counters, there ARE actually characters we had seen before that are cropped differently. Part of that is due to borders.

For example, Toon Link, Megaman, Samus, etc are completely different, but were DEFINITELY available in the E3 demo.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

Huh. Then again these portraits are from some team thing and I dunno maybe that changes the cropping of the portraits.
Jumpman is the first character on the CS :troll:
Haha, very funny.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There is one significant portion of this leak that no one is talking about. It has nothing to do with what the images look like, but the characters in the leak. Yes, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. As well as the characters missing in the leak, being Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf and Snake. This all matches up to the Ninka_Kiwi leak!

Point 1: I find it rather difficult to suggest that the leaker wanted to make a fake roster, but didn't know what characters to put in the CSS so he just looked up some leak that people were talking about and took their guesses. If you've got the creativity to fake a CSS, you've got the ability to make fake character additions to.

Point 2. That being said, if we're operating under the assumption that the leaker is looking for leaks to base his roster off of (because he's lazy), they would obviously pick the leak with the best evidence supporting it. And I ask you guys, why pick the Ninka_Kiwi leak considering that all of the evidence supporting the leak were just these two images of someone correctly predicting two palette swaps that would be used in the demo. That's it. Hardly decisive evidence, right? If you're going to base the roster off of a leak, just slap Chorus Kids on it, cut Lucas and people will believe it because many still believe Gematsu.

Point 3: So now we've established that the backbone of this leaked roster is based off of a leak that has just two screenshots of Brawl hacks. So let's see who believes this leak given the evidence. I tested this out on multiple people from multiple forums and told them the same thing: "I have evidence that Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and Shulk are in Smash Bros 4. My evidence is that someone correctly predicted a Mario palette and a Bowser palette. Do you believe me?" Out of the 50 people I asked, only one said yes. That one person went on to ask another 15, and none of them said yes. And to be frank, I can't blame 64 people for doubting my claims because the whole notion is absurd! Very few people outside of the Smash Leak Groups believed anything about this leak and the only reason we did was because we blindly put our faith in Neo Zero and Con0rrrr.

For all of these reasons, I find it difficult to accept that someone who wanted to fake a CSS would look at the Ninka_kiwi leak as there is little evidence suggesting that it is indeed credible, and very few people actually thought that the evidence was real.

That's why I'm so convinced this is real. Graphical nitpicks (omg pixil bleeding, fake fake fake because game and watch's hand is in wario's box, lmao so fake shulk looks like little mac, etc) are always nitpicky and when you have to resort to nitpicks, you're totally desperate. But the fact that this character selection is word for word copied from another leak that lacked decisive evidence to support it and lacked supporters to make people believe it was real is a much bigger issue.

tl;dr version: If you're lazy enough to want to fake a CSS but don't want to pick the characters in your CSS, why base your roster off of a leak that lacks evidence and support?

Link to Ninka_Kiwi leak thread if you're interested: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
There is one significant portion of this leak that no one is talking about. It has nothing to do with what the images look like, but the characters in the leak. Yes, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. As well as the characters missing in the leak, being Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf and Snake. This all matches up to the Ninka_Kiwi leak!

Point 1: I find it rather difficult to suggest that the leaker wanted to make a fake roster, but didn't know what characters to put in the CSS so he just looked up some leak that people were talking about and took their guesses. If you've got the creativity to fake a CSS, you've got the ability to make fake character additions to.

Point 2. That being said, if we're operating under the assumption that the leaker is looking for leaks to base his roster off of (because he's lazy), they would obviously pick the leak with the best evidence supporting it. And I ask you guys, why pick the Ninka_Kiwi leak considering that all of the evidence supporting the leak were just these two images of someone correctly predicting two palette swaps that would be used in the demo. That's it. Hardly decisive evidence, right? If you're going to base the roster off of a leak, just slap Chorus Kids on it, cut Lucas and people will believe it because many still believe Gematsu.

Point 3: So now we've established that the backbone of this leaked roster is based off of a leak that has just two screenshots of Brawl hacks. So let's see who believes this leak given the evidence. I tested this out on multiple people from multiple forums and told them the same thing: "I have evidence that Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and Shulk are in Smash Bros 4. My evidence is that someone correctly predicted a Mario palette and a Bowser palette. Do you believe me?" Out of the 50 people I asked, only one said yes. That one person went on to ask another 15, and none of them said yes. And to be frank, I can't blame 64 people for doubting my claims because the whole notion is absurd! Very few people outside of the Smash Leak Groups believed anything about this leak and the only reason we did was because we blindly put our faith in Neo Zero and Con0rrrr.

For all of these reasons, I find it difficult to accept that someone who wanted to fake a CSS would look at the Ninka_kiwi leak as there is little evidence suggesting that it is indeed credible, and very few people actually thought that the evidence was real.

That's why I'm so convinced this is real. Graphical nitpicks (omg pixil bleeding, fake fake fake because game and watch's hand is in wario's box, lmao so fake shulk looks like little mac, etc) are always nitpicky and when you have to resort to nitpicks, you're totally desperate. But the fact that this character selection is word for word copied from another leak that lacked decisive evidence to support it and lacked supporters to make people believe it was real is a much bigger issue.

tl;dr version: If you're lazy enough to want to fake a CSS but don't want to pick the characters in your CSS, why base your roster off of a leak that lacks evidence and support?

Link to Ninka_Kiwi leak thread if you're interested: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/
I must say, I completely disagree with your analysis. Like, nearly every point of it. But if it works for you.. alright.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Being honest, this thread is just as bad as Melee vs Brawl. People are completely bashing each other over a leak. This leak has only caused problems for the Smash Bros. community and has further divided it. Kirby must be destroying Yin-Yarn as we speak, because the threads that hold the Smash Bros. community are loosening up and falling apart. I honestly think it should be a definitive rule that the leak can no longer be discussed on SmashBoards, because it's just stirring up more problems. If this continues, the only discussion this forum will have until the release of Smash Bros. for 3DS is going to be about this leak, and I don't think I'd really want to be apart of that. Whether you believe it to be real or fake, there's really no reason to be arguing about it. You can't say that this is a "friendly debate" anymore, because this turned into a ****storm.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
So fewer people will kick around your *** about it. If I made a fake roster (which, spoiler alert, I plan on doing for Smash 5,) and I threw Chorus Men and cut Lucas, people seeing it would most likely go "omh gematsu leak fake Chorus Kids 'n roster faaaaaaaaaake" If I put characters from a leak that has not been confirmed fake or true (screw the screenshots), fewer people get mad.
Though if I put in Takamaru after his reveal because of the Namco Worker leak, that'd be a situation where I'd want to turn myself into a pig and go to the chop shop.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Kirby must be destroying Yin-Yarn as we speak, because the threads that hold the Smash Bros. community are loosening up and falling apart.
This is the best sentence I've read on this website. Kudos.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

This was thoroughly discussed and established right at the beginning.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Being honest, this thread is just as bad as Melee vs Brawl. People are completely bashing each other over a leak. This leak has only caused problems for the Smash Bros. community and has further divided it. Kirby must be destroying Yin-Yarn as we speak, because the threads that hold the Smash Bros. community are loosening up and falling apart. I honestly think it should be a definitive rule that the leak can no longer be discussed on SmashBoards, because it's just stirring up more problems. If this continues, the only discussion this forum will have until the release of Smash Bros. for 3DS is going to be about this leak, and I don't think I'd really want to be apart of that. Whether you believe it to be real or fake, there's really no reason to be arguing about it. You can't say that this is a "friendly debate" anymore, because this turned into a ****storm.
Oh, I believe threads were torn and swallowed back in 2012.
With this purple dragon.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
How can you guys possibly say this leak is fake in any shape or form when I refer to the famitsu part? Not only that, but Paper Mario's stage was at another angle. It also seems people are having quite the tough time looking for matches of the renders.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
"Dividing the community"

Lol, no it isn't. The community will be "reunified" once this leak is proven true or false. To think that this leak, Gematsu, or any other leak has had a permanent affect on the unity of the smash bros community is hilarious. Nobody argues to great length about Gematsu anymore, certainly nobody is insulting someone else over it. There is no division here. This is just debate. A few ad hominems might be tossed here and there, but this debate will be over soon and everything will go back to business.

This isn't even close to how divisive Melee vs. Brawl is.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dunno if this point was brought up yet, but in the team fight battle screenshot, why aren't the characters' outlines of their team colors (Red for Shulk & Lucina, Blue for Ganondorf & Charizard?)

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
How can you guys possibly say this leak is fake in any shape or form when I refer to the famitsu part? Not only that, but Paper Mario's stage was at another angle. It also seems people are having quite the tough time looking for matches of the renders.
It's either fake or real, none of us knows.

That paper Mario stage is very well done if it is fake, seeing as that very spot had a pipe and some bushes getting blown away in the potd, the only shot of the fields part of the stage. I don't think the stage selection showed the giant fan either.

The stage shots are interesting to say the least, though. Although, of course for the retro stages it could just be shopped versions of the original versions at different angles.

I dunno if this point was brought up yet, but in the team fight battle screenshot, why aren't the characters' outlines of their team colors (Red for Shulk & Lucina, Blue for Ganondorf & Charizard?)
Maybe the outline was turned off? I can't tell, it was pretty bad quality..

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
This isn't even close to how divisive Melee vs. Brawl is.
I wasn't here at the time, but an official school board stamp of approval club titled "The Smash debaters" was where this took place.
"Brawl has Sonic!"
"Melee has Mewtwo!"
"Brawl has online!"
"Brawl's online sucks!"
This is this thread compared to Melee v. Brawl.
"This is real."
"This is fake."

See the difference!?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

This certainly isn't hard proof of anything, though I think it reduces the leak's believability just slightly.
The horizontal cropping seems to line up closely enough to the icons on the leak's CSS; consider that the images in that video are fairly rectangular (6:5 at least), whereas the ones in the leak are completely square, accounting for the height difference on things like Peach's crown. Interesting that Rosalina and Luma had that weird squashed portrait as far back as that trailer, now that I look at it.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I wasn't here at the time, but an official school board stamp of approval club titled "The Smash debaters" was where this took place.
"Brawl has Sonic!"
"Melee has Mewtwo!"
"Brawl has online!"
"Brawl's online sucks!"
This is this thread compared to Melee v. Brawl.
"This is real."
"This is fake."

See the difference!?
You wanna see the differences?

Read the second post.

Mewter

Smash Master
I was looking at the stage select and thought I saw Rainbow Road in the upper right corner, but didn't know if it was confirmed.
Apparently Rainbow Road is a stage on the 3DS though.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry4.html
Has that view of Rainbow Road been shown before (if it is Rainbow Road) and does it affect the leak much?

D

Deleted member

I was looking at the stage select and thought I saw Rainbow Road in the upper right corner, but didn't know if it was confirmed.
Has that view of Rainbow Road been shown before (if it is Rainbow Road) and does it affect the leak much?
I have never seen it from that angle before. There is an image of fighting on that spot, but from the normal view. So I think it further helps the leak

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
You're not tripping, that is rainbow road. A copy of the one from Mario Kart 7, actually. I don't think this matters at all. The e3 demo had the same exact shot of RR as the leak.

I have never seen it from that angle before. There is an image of fighting on that spot, but from the normal view. So I think it further helps the leak
wait, how does this affect the leak? I'm confused.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
*coughcough* tomodachi *coughcough*

Hahah, I actually believe/like the leak, I just found this funny because everyone thinks Tomodachi is the be-all end-all.
Like any of the people who find one little detail and act like that breaks the leak.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
*coughcough* tomodachi *coughcough*

Hahah, I actually believe/like the leak, I just found this funny because everyone thinks Tomodachi is the be-all end-all.
It is the best game I have on the 3Ds... at the moment.
But I may have found 1 disproving point and 1 proving point... But they're stupid so I won't say 'em.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Could the OP add the fact that the PictoChat icon in the leak's SSS shows a sketch that doesn't appear to be from any form of the Brawl PictoChat stage? It mentions that the icon is different, but I don't think anyone else's brought up that difference (I didn't even notice it until tonight).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom