• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Please, Mach Rider over Impa... That's my only wish.
Oh and some characters as alts too. Any other idea, if this leak is true, for alt characters ?

Maybe Lucas and Wolf too, who would come back as alts (but damn, that would hurt imho) ?

Fowlman11

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I found this interesting...

Shulk's voice actor responds to a fan in a not so subtle way...

http://i.imgur.com/bcNhM99.png

Could have major connections to the leak...
(If this has been brought up on a previous page, my bad...)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I found this interesting...

Shulk's voice actor responds to a fan in a not so subtle way...

http://i.imgur.com/bcNhM99.png

Could have major connections to the leak...
(If this has been brought up on a previous page, my bad...)
To be fair, Shulk is one of the most expected newcomers.
However, it's another hint towards him being in the game at least, and thus probably playable.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

Hopefully this is the final explanation image I have to do for everyone.

I never admitted to being the one to edit the "a" in the "Disabled" image, this was just all assumption by some people, despite me claiming that it was Anonymous that edited it in my first explanation picture.
The "a" in the image that was posted IS the original image that went live first. I just edited it to look like an "e" recently to shut everyone up about the whole "Disablad" thing, as I have that confirmed to say Disabled in the source material. I'm not going to provide a new image to prove this, as that requires the public to receive a brand new image, which is what I am not here to do. So that is the reason I just slapped up that minor edit. (Which was deceiving, so sorry for that.)

*Update*
The time of my upload of my Shulk edit on the Imgur server: (Pointed out by Vashzaron of Neogaf)
http://i.imgur.com/ctu9xjl.png
My Smashboards Shulk post was posted here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-410#post-17331256
I traced down the archived post of the original leaker, and found it here:
http://archive.moe/v/thread/258734312/#258760732

Compare the times posted.

Just giving a small heads up that I've update this post/image since it was first posted.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
The addition of Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie literally make this a perfect roster for me. In my opinion the clones do nothing but add a bit more choice, and, of course, 8 new customization options for the base characters, (assuming that Doc won't have a fast pill, and a giant pill, and so on...).

I'm still on the fence, as I'm sure most are, but if this is the final roster I could not be happier.

If it's fake, the only regret I will have is getting so attached to the idea of Duck Hunt. I mean look at him, he's adorable.
I too do think that the roster looks plausible. 53 characters (53 + 2 of the Mii fighters = 55) sounds a bit much to me. And Sakurai said that Brawl already nearly reached the limit roster-wise. He also mentioned that the balancing gets more difficult exponentially. However: We got 3 clones, who are easy to balance and Sakurai stated already that they are good for balancing purposes (I think it was in an interview after Lucina's reveal. There he explained why she's a clone). Furthermore, Mii Fighters could be excluded, since they are already excluded due to balancing issues. In that regard, Sakurai had to balance the game with "only" 49 characters.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I too do think that the roster looks plausible. 53 characters (53 + 2 of the Mii fighters = 55) sounds a bit much to me. And Sakurai said that Brawl already nearly reached the limit roster-wise. He also mentioned that the balancing gets more difficult exponentially. However: We got 3 clones, who are easy to balance and Sakurai stated already that they are good for balancing purposes (I think it was in an interview after Lucina's reveal. There he explained why she's a clone). Furthermore, Mii Fighters could be excluded, since they are already excluded due to balancing issues. In that regard, Sakurai had to balance the game with "only" 49 characters.
Yeah I'm starting to swallow the fact that this might be the final roster. Most people predicted under 50 characters, this is 48 characters plus the 3 Mii Fighter types (51 total). I would love to be wrong though :( I don't think the clones should count but they do :/

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
What makes people believe this leak, is how ridiculous it is. What fan would want Dr.Mario in the game over Mewtwo? The DHD model looks really Good.
That is quite true actually. One of the reasons more and more people are believing the leak is because of how different it is. Dr Mario and Dark Pit being separate characters, the organization of characters on the CSS (clone corner), new and old stages being grouped together, surprising cuts from the roster (Ice Climbers), characters that people really expected are absent (Mewtwo, Ridley, new DK rep,etc.) and some other minor things. If this leak was more obvious in terms of what people expected from the game, a lot less people would believe it in my opinion. A lot of the choices this leak makes are what many never would of expected, that alone is one of the major reasons I think people are believing it. That along with the other stuff like new character renders and the whole Tomodachi Life stage thing.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Shocking and confusing people is a logical goal of a hoax.

It is NOT the logical goal of Nintendo's biggest muscle for making their new systems sell. They can't afford that kind of risk.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm starting to swallow the fact that this might be the final roster. Most people predicted under 50 characters, this is 48 characters plus the 3 Mii Fighter types (51 total). I would love to be wrong though :( I don't think the clones should count but they do :/
Wat?
Whoever said that were also probably those who said the 3DS version would limit the Wii U version.

I have confidence Sakurai can do better then this. Plus a whole bunch of empty spaces, and it's not complete. Atleast I really hope so.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wat?
Whoever said that were also probably those who said the 3DS version would limit the Wii U version.

I have confidence Sakurai can do better then this. Plus a whole bunch of empty spaces, and it's not complete. Atleast I really hope so.
The roster doesn't have to fit the whole screen. The only likely "empty space" is for the Mii Fighters, since customization is off.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The roster doesn't have to fit the whole screen. The only likely "empty space" is for the Mii Fighters, since customization is off.
Pretty sure Mii fighters have their own button.
I mean, unless the roster can be filled with 9001 people at a time. Othere wise yeah, other button.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Please, Mach Rider over Impa... That's my only wish.
Oh and some characters as alts too. Any other idea, if this leak is true, for alt characters ?

Maybe Lucas and Wolf too, who would come back as alts (but damn, that would hurt imho) ?
There is literally no way that any previously playable character will be relegated to an alternate costume.

Not even Dr Mario.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm surprisingly okay with Doc being here actually, the only problem I actually have with the leaked roster is Dark Pit and the lack of Ridley and a DK newcomer. I'd have prefered Dixie as a clone over Dark Pit honestly, that'd fix two of my problems in one sweep. That and Jigglypuff's render still looks really odd to me.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprisingly okay with Doc being here actually, the only problem I actually have with the leaked roster is Dark Pit and the lack of Ridley and a DK newcomer. I'd have prefered Dixie as a clone over Dark Pit honestly, that'd fix two of my problems in one sweep.
Don't mean to sound rude but Dr Mario is literally just Mario. Dark Pit is actually a different character all together. It makes more sense for Dark Pit to be a separate character then it does for Dr Mario. I personally would be ok with both of them only if this isn't the whole roster and there are still at least 3 or 4 characters not shown here.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm surprisingly okay with Doc being here actually, the only problem I actually have with the leaked roster is Dark Pit and the lack of Ridley and a DK newcomer. I'd have prefered Dixie as a clone over Dark Pit honestly, that'd fix two of my problems in one sweep. That and Jigglypuff's render still looks really odd to me.
Yeah Doc wouldn't bother me. Mario is Mario, if anyone deserves 2 playable characters, he does. And Samus has two already (I kinda don't count Link or Zelda as Toon Link and Sheik are technically different characters).

Dark Pit would be a huge middle finger though. Especially if Wolf, or any other character is cut.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
For those of you who are sad to see Dr. Mario and Dark Pit on the potential roster because they would take up a roster slot please keep this in mind.

THEY DID NOT HAVE TO STICK TO A SPECIFIC ROSTER COUNT

It's commonly known that clones take a lot less of the development process when compared to a fully new character. Because of this there is no reason to say that characters like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina took a slot from anybody, their additions would be pure bonus roster slots.

And it's not even a case of filesize, we know the game now is 2.1 GB in size, which means they could have almost four copies of this game on one gamecard.
Reposting for sanity.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Presuming the leak is real, the big thing we're still trying to figure out is "are there more characters?" If I understood it right, multiple sources have claimed that this ISN'T the full roster (although the DLC aspect of that was apparently bogus). There was that other leak that contained Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong in addition to the Ninka content (which wasn't made public at the time) that lined up a little too well with the Ninka content therefore leading to the Ninka content to go public. I'm gonna guess that if there are other playable characters, those 4 are it.

That is, if I understood the backstory right.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Presuming the leak is real, the big thing we're still trying to figure out is "are there more characters?" If I understood it right, multiple sources have claimed that this ISN'T the full roster. There was that other leak that contained Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong in addition to the Ninka content (which wasn't made public at the time) that lined up a little too well with the Ninka content therefore leading to the Ninka content to go public. I'm gonna guess that if there are other playable characters, those 4 are it.

Basically, though I believe Impa and Mach Rider are also supposedly unlockables, though I may in wrong about that I do think I heard it as part of the leaks.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Presuming the leak is real, the big thing we're still trying to figure out is "are there more characters?" If I understood it right, multiple sources have claimed that this ISN'T the full roster (although the DLC aspect of that was apparently bogus). There was that other leak that contained Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong in addition to the Ninka content (which wasn't made public at the time) that lined up a little too well with the Ninka content therefore leading to the Ninka content to go public. I'm gonna guess that if there are other playable characters, those 4 are it.

You got it right.

Some other leaks, however, had Mach Rider and Impa too.
But those came after it became public.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Basically, though I believe Impa and Mach Rider are also supposedly unlockables, though I may in wrong about that I do think I heard it as part of the leaks.
I've tried to follow this situation fairly close and I'm... actually not 100% sure where the whole Impa or Mach Rider subject even sprouted up from.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Without looking at the evidence supporting and denying the leak, I would personally be disappointed in these being the final character. DHD looks cool I don't really have much of an interest in any of the leaked characters.

If however the other leak is correct too and we get Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus I would be extremely happy. And Mach Rider/Impa would be a big boon too.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I've tried to follow this situation fairly close and I'm... actually not 100% sure where the whole Impa or Mach Rider subject even sprouted up from.
There was some talk about a "newcomer no one is expecting". That is where Mach Rider sprouted up from.
What makes people believe this leak, is how ridiculous it is. What fan would want Dr.Mario in the game over Mewtwo? The DHD model looks really Good.
It is funny how some people think everyone likes and want Mewtwo back.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm not really seeing how you put Mach Rider in Smash. I just don't get the appeal there. Impa deserves to be in Smash. Strong Zelda legacy character there. Mach Rider? Don't get at all.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men are on the Wii U disc but additional content for the 3DS version via a free update? I know it's presumptuous, especially with people calling BS on the other DLC leak, but given the two releases, it could make sense that some characters weren't finished before the 3DS version makes it out the door.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that NoA treehouse has been kept in the dark about unanounced characters. Judging by the placement of yoshi and the clones, I really think there is a chance that there are more characters... But most likely, if this really was for the ESRB (which I doubt) then they likely would have had to show the full roster. So we'll see.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I've heard that NoA treehouse has been kept in the dark about unanounced characters. Judging by the placement of yoshi and the clones, I really think there is a chance that there are more characters... But most likely, if this really was for the ESRB (which I doubt) then they likely would have had to show the full roster. So we'll see.
Treehouse works directly with developers. Not to mention Treehouse has more security than Fort Knox, it'd be impossible for them to be kept in the dark about playable characters, since they've played the latest builds of the game.

Reila

OK I DO remember that. Sounds like speculation on the speculator's part to me.
It is speculation.
I'm not really seeing how you put Mach Rider in Smash. I just don't get the appeal there. Impa deserves to be in Smash. Strong Zelda legacy character there. Mach Rider? Don't get at all.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men are on the Wii U disc but additional content for the 3DS version via a free update? I know it's presumptuous, especially with people calling BS on the other DLC leak, but given the two releases, it could make sense that some characters weren't finished before the 3DS version makes it out the door.
So the people who don't use internet will not have access to all characters? I can't see Nintendo doing that.

Also I think Mach Rider deserves to be in Smash much more than "yet another Zelda rep". One more franchise being represented can't be a bad thing.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Don't mean to sound rude but Dr Mario is literally just Mario. Dark Pit is actually a different character all together. It makes more sense for Dark Pit to be a separate character then it does for Dr Mario. I personally would be ok with both of them only if this isn't the whole roster and there are still at least 3 or 4 characters not shown here.
Of course my post is entirely subjective, it's mostly that I have fun memories with Doc from Melee, so I'm okay with that. However, as a franchise I have come to really dislike KI, its characters and general style doesn't appeal to me at all, so seeing Dark Pit here certainly isn't something I'm excited about. I understand it's a fair bit hypocritical since they're both just minor alterations of their original characters in terms of appearance, but like I said it's just my opinion, not trying to make any general statements here.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It is speculation.

So the people who don't use internet will not have access to all characters? I can't see Nintendo doing that.

Also I think Mach Rider deserves to be in Smash much more than "yet another Zelda rep". One more franchise being represented can't be a bad thing.
Impa isn't JUST another Zelda representative though. Impa has been around since the first game. While her design has changed from game to game, she has always been very important the series.

My thought about characters is simply this: There is going to be SOME way these two games interact, yes? Yes. We don't know what that is. It could be that you have to have both games and connect both to unlock the full roster. At least in one way or another.

Reila

Impa isn't JUST another Zelda representative though. Impa has been around since the first game. While her design has changed from game to game, she has always been very important the series.

My thought about characters is simply this: There is going to be SOME way these two games interact, yes? Yes. We don't know what that is. It could be that you have to have both games and connect both to unlock the full roster. At least in one way or another.
Well she is another Zelda representative for sure. I am not sure how you can prefer a Zelda rep (when there are five already) over a character from an unrepresented franchise who could bring a lot to the series in terms of new/unique mechanics, etc. To each their own, I suppose.

I still doubt Nintendo will limit the roster for one version until the other comes out. If they do that, they might lose the trust of a lot of consumers.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Dr. Mario has a history of being a playable character in Smash and actually has a different model. Dark Pit is literally just Pit with different-colored wings which Pit already had in Brawl.

Regarding Dark Pit, I wonder what the Famitsu tease means. He's not gonna get a trailer or anything; he had that chance to join Palutena's trailer like Lucina did in Robin's, but just didn't. So could he be a secret character? Seems weird to tease him like that in that case. We'll find out soon enough; hopefully he'll get confirmed as an AT sometime in the next week or so and shut down all of this.

But still. He should've just stayed an alt color scheme. And with the newest tease, that seems like too much to hope for.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Double Posting Warning Received
Dark Pit is literally just Pit with different-colored wings which Pit already had in Brawl.
"You've got me confused with the other guy. THIS Pit is no pawn."
-
Dark Pit

Dark Pit (黒いピット Kuroi Pitto), or Black Pit (ブラックピット Burakku Pitto), nicknamed "Pittoo" by Palutena, which is the most common name that she, Pit, and other characters call him, also called "Ptooey" by Pit andHades on a couple of occasions, is a major character inKid Icarus: Uprising. He is a flawed, incomplete clone of Pit made by the Mirror of Truth. He serves as a rival to Pit and dons a portrayal of an antihero-like personality. He debuts in Chapter 5 and is first encountered for battle in Chapter 6. Dark Pit is sometimes called "Fallen Angel Pit" or "Kuro Pit" by fans and nicknamed "Pittoo" (in American and some European versions), "Tip" (in other European versions) or "Blapi (BuraPi)" (in the Japanese version) by Palutena. No matter which version it is, he hates the nickname.

Oh look. Seperate individual. You people and this ''HE'S PIT WITH DIFFERENT COLORS!"

Hell, Dark Pit is more of a confirmed individual than Dr. Mario canonically. Dr. Mario could be his own person OR he's just Mario who got bored being a plumber and decided ''Luigi, I-A bored me play-a Doctor and potentially murder-a people with my lack of the knowledge!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyway, it'd be great to have Duck Hunt dog in, but... why would he/they be simply called "Duck Hunt"? Is it to follow the steps of Ice Climbers where instead of being called Popo & Nana they wanted to reference the game they were from? Because I'd at least dig Dog & Duck or something.... Heck Hunter was a pretty cool sounding name for the dog. XD
Maybe "Duck Hunt" hints that you're not really playing as the dog who happens to use ducks, clay pigeons, and NES Zapper as moves like in Crusade... that you're really playing the NES game itself... which includes the hunter from the fourth wall (aka the person who's playing the NES game)... so instead of the dog throwing ducks at people, the dog sends ducks flying out of the grass and the hunter shoots the ducks... meaning the opponents might need to stay away from ducks or they will get caught in the crossfire.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

You could say that about all DLC. Nowadays almost every person who owns a 3DS has access to the internet. And if they don't it's not much to go somewhere that has a hotspot.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well she is another Zelda representative for sure. I am not sure how you can prefer a Zelda rep (when there are five already) over a character from an unrepresented franchise who could bring a lot to the series in terms of new/unique mechanics, etc. To each their own, I suppose.

I still doubt Nintendo will limit the roster for one version until the other comes out. If they do that, they might lose the trust of a lot of consumers.
It's not a matter of one franchise over another. It's a matter of characters over characters. I'd rather have Ridley than Impa than K.Rool than Dixie than any Koopaling than etc. I'd rather have Wonder Red than Mach Rider. Some characters/franchises don't deserve to be in the character roster, some do.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
"You've got me confused with the other guy. THIS Pit is no pawn."
-
Dark Pit

Dark Pit (黒いピット Kuroi Pitto), or Black Pit (ブラックピット Burakku Pitto), nicknamed "Pittoo" by Palutena, which is the most common name that she, Pit, and other characters call him, also called "Ptooey" by Pit andHades on a couple of occasions, is a major character inKid Icarus: Uprising. He is a flawed, incomplete clone of Pit made by the Mirror of Truth. He serves as a rival to Pit and dons a portrayal of an antihero-like personality. He debuts in Chapter 5 and is first encountered for battle in Chapter 6. Dark Pit is sometimes called "Fallen Angel Pit" or "Kuro Pit" by fans and nicknamed "Pittoo" (in American and some European versions), "Tip" (in other European versions) or "Blapi (BuraPi)" (in the Japanese version) by Palutena. No matter which version it is, he hates the nickname.

Oh look. Seperate individual. You people and this ''HE'S PIT WITH DIFFERENT COLORS!"
Yes, I've played Uprising. It is a fantastic game.

It would not make it any less absurd for Smash to feature two characters with the exact same physical abilities and appearance (barring color scheme).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom