• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Sorry? Except for the lack of Ridley and a Donkey Kong newcomer, the roster is amazing. I am still holding for one or two more characters.
And there could even be Ridley and Dixie Kong in... Even Mewtwo.
Speculation is not dead yet ladies and gentlemen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
And there could even be Ridley and Dixie Kong in... Even Mewtwo.
Speculation is not dead yet ladies and gentlemen.
My thoughts exactly.

I think we might have more four characters to be revealed (at most), because I think the Mii Fighters need a slot in the roster for obvious reasons.

So I am betting on Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and a Zelda newcomer.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The other thing that struck me as odd is the lack of whisker marks on the Dog. I don't think that Sakurai would skip over such a large detail. Also, why wouldn't the dog be showing his iconic teeth instead of a tongue?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The other thing that struck me as odd is the lack of whisker marks on the Dog. I don't think that Sakurai would skip over such a large detail. Also, why wouldn't the dog be showing his iconic teeth instead of a tongue?
Because he isn't laughing? Having him show his teeth all the time will just look odd

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
My thoughts exactly.

I think we might have more four characters to be revealed (at most), because I think the Mii Fighters need a slot in the roster for obvious reasons.

So I am betting on Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and a Zelda newcomer.
As I posted before, I think we will get those four (Impa in Zelda newcomer), plus a fifth character if possible being Chorus Kids.

The dream roster is so close. I get two of three of my most wanted (Duck Hunt Dog and Ridley (this one will make people happy)) and... That's it. I'm already happy. From now on it's just bonus.

Damn every time I see the dog he is just too cute.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dixie is always more likely in any scenario between her and K. Rool. Nintendo seems to respect her more and she actually gets into the main franchise games nowadays unlikely poor K. Rool.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Sorry? Except for the lack of Ridley and a Donkey Kong newcomer, the roster is amazing. I am still holding for one or two more characters.
Ice Climbers is really what kills the excitement for me. Unless they're arbitrarily hidden or actually DLC.

Other than them missing, I am perfectly fine with this roster. Bummed about Lucas too, but at least I braced myself for that. I love Ice Climbers though. D:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
As I posted before, I think we will get those four (Impa in Zelda newcomer), plus a fifth character if possible being Chorus Kids.

The dream roster is so close. I get two of three of my most wanted (Duck Hunt Dog and Ridley (this one will make people happy)) and... That's it. I'm already happy. From now on it's just bonys.
My dream roster was already complete when Robin and Palutena were revealed, everyone else is just extra to me

Reila

Damn every time I see the dog he is just too cute.
Right? I am thinking of buying it is amiibo when its released. So cute!
Ice Climbers is really what kills the excitement for me. Unless they're arbitrarily hidden or actually DLC.

Other than them missing, I am perfectly fine with this roster. Bummed about Lucas too, but at least I braced myself for that. I love Ice Climbers though. D:
Believe me, I am as disappointed to not have Ice Climbers back as you are, but one cut character doesn't make the roster bad to me.

Really don't care much about Lucas and Wolf tbh.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe this seems a bit nitpicky, but wouldn't it make sense for both genders of Robin to appear in the CSS?

The reason I say this is the way they are presented on the SmashBros website. They seem to have more emphasis on the fact that both Male and Female Robins are correct, unlike Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. So wouldn't it seem odd to only have the Male one on the CSS?

It is probably nothing, and maybe not worth mentioning.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Believe me, I am as disappointed to not have Ice Climbers back as you are, but one cut character doesn't make the roster bad to me.

Really don't care much about Lucas and Wolf tbh.
Wolf I'm kinda disappointed, but hey, idea
Spitballing here, but, what if, kinda like how the Lucina/Marth thing was originally gonna happen, maybe Lucas might be an alt costume to Ness?

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Maybe this seems a bit nitpicky, but wouldn't it make sense for both genders of Robin to appear in the CSS?

The reason I say this is the way they are presented on the SmashBros website. They seem to have more emphasis on the fact that both Male and Female Robins are correct, unlike Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. So wouldn't it seem odd to only have the Male one on the CSS?

I wouldn't over analyse it, the reason Robin has both male and female on his artwork is probably because they were unveiled at the same time. Whereas WFT and Villager had to wait a long time for confirmation of their other genders.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Villager were announced a lot later than their respective characters, thus they aren't in their renders. Robin was announced with both genders though, and it was the male one who took charge in the trailer so he's the one on the CSS.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Muh roster. Want or do not want ?

Mii Fighters are not in. I dunno what would happen, just replace Chorus Kids by them if you want.

Gonna do some stats on it ;

Mario characters : 7
Yoshi character : 1
Wario character : 1 Villains : 9 (including MK, Wario, Pitto)
DK characters : 3
Zelda characters : 6
Kid Icarus characters : 3
Metroid characters : 3
Kirby characters : 3
Star Fox characters : 2
Fire Emblem characters : 4
POKéMON characters : 6
Independant Nintendo characters : 11
Third Parties characters : 3
Mii Fighters : 3

Last edited:

Reila

Wolf I'm kinda disappointed, but hey, idea
Spitballing here, but, what if, kinda like how the Lucina/Marth thing was originally gonna happen, maybe Lucas might be an alt costume to Ness?
But Lucina is her own character instead of an alt because she has different properties from Marth. How would Lucas work as an alt?

Unfortunately it is just another case of a male character getting the spotlight over the female one. I wouldn't put much thought on it.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01

this is based on leak and would make all of us happy...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I find it unsurprising most people defending it to be fake are doing so because they don't want it to be real. Likewise with the people wanting it to be real.

As for me, I'm neutral, but I find the evidence pointing towards being real to be more compelling than the evidence pointing towards being fake. Many of the claims of those defending to be fake have been disproved with more ease than those defending it to be real. However, as it stands, it could go either way. Real, fake... Only time will tell.

As for why I'm neutral, I will just say this roster is really bittersweet for me if the DLC part manages to be fake, it's nice to have Robin and Dark Pit as playable, as well as Ganondorf returning, but it's sad to see the Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf go. And the stage selection so far is a little poor, but I can forgive that, given the 3DS version isn't as multiplayer oriented as the Wii U version that will likely have a generally better stage selection.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Muh roster. Want or do not want ?

Mii Fighters are not in. I dunno what would happen, just replace Chorus Kids by them if you want.

Gonna do some stats on it ;

Mario characters : 7
Yoshi character : 1
Wario character : 1 Villains : 9 (including MK, Wario, Pitto)
DK characters : 3
Zelda characters : 6
Kid Icarus characters : 3
Metroid characters : 3
Kirby characters : 3
Star Fox characters : 2
Fire Emblem characters : 4
POKéMON characters : 6
Independant Nintendo characters : 11
Third Parties characters : 3
Mii Fighters : 3
This is the best case scenario if we're basing things off of this leak. Sadly it involves a lot of moving around with franchises in general, like switching around KI and Metroid, which usually doesn't happen with the rosters (at least not in Brawl and the leak compared to the demo), they're usually just organized in a way so that every new character pushes the roster further and further towards the final result, but characters never really switch around with each other. Because of this I do find Ridley very unlikely with this leak as he'd throw the entire roster off. Yet, that really makes Shulk's position on the roster very questionable, so I don't know.

My stance on the leak has switched around considerably, but at this point I'm just on the "loldunnowaitfornextreveal" train.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I'm happy as long as Charizard, Mewtwo and Ridley are playable. Mewtwo and Ridley missed their chance in Brawl so I really hope they get in. Dixie would be a nice choice as well.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So guys, what was the picture Masterlinkx posted earlier in the last thread? Imgur says the image doesn't exist. Something about the "disablad" thing?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm not going to dismiss the leak with absolutes, but it really saddens me to see people already making assumptions and forming conclusions based off of it. Don't get disheartened if the roster doesn't include what you wanted or if it includes things you don't like just yet. :) The best approach to leaks has always been to assume them false until proven otherwise, which has yet to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt Impa

Where is this Impa coming from?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I highly doubt Impa

Where is this Impa coming from?
Trophy theory, almost all sensible competition is dead, easy to make as a clone of Sheik. She's still the most unlikely of the bunch that is being considered at this point imo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are taking the trophy theory seriously?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm not going to dismiss the leak with absolutes, but it really saddens me to see people already making assumptions and forming conclusions based off of it. Don't get disheartened if the roster doesn't include what you wanted or if it includes things you don't like just yet. :) The best approach to leaks has always been to assume them false until proven otherwise, which has yet to happen.
Trying, but I'm just getting flashbacks to that feeling that I got, closer and closer to Brawl's release, looking for any sign of Mewtwo, and then all the leaks started coming in saying he was cut...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not completely with out merit when you connect already revealed Palutena and Robin/Lucina.

Two franchises in it already got a newcomer.
Two franchises that were going to get characters regardless

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Do you think if the CSS isn't complete yet then maybe the SSS isn't either? If that's the case, what stages do you want to see for the possible characters? Obviously they probably wouldn't all get new stages, just some speculative fun!

Dixie - Bramble Blast
Chorus Kids - Remix Stage
Mewtwo - Destroyed Lab (not in the games, but could work) or Cerulean Cave
Ridley - SR388

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom