• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You know, I'll be honest right now. The X and Y leaks got me insanely hyped for those games, but if this leak is true, my hype is slowly dying. I mean, DHD and Shulk look amazing, really, but Dark Pit and Dr. Mario? Also, the stages truly disappoint me. I mean, half of them are old stages! Also, the UI looks like complete crap...

Alfonzo may be dying cause this train is slowin' down.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So, just to clarify, the DLC list that Anon1776 gave is fake. But this doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that DLC COULD happen, and that the cut Brawl veterans could still be part of it if it does? This is very confusing.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I remember back in the old thread I saw some posts that said the dlc part of the leak was fake. If so then where is the proof that this is true? (I'm sorry if this has already been gone over. I just got to this thread and it's a question that I've been dying to get an answer for.)

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I remember back in the old thread I saw some posts that said the dlc part of the leak was fake. If so then where is the proof that this is true? (I'm sorry if this has already been gone over. I just got to this thread and it's a question that I've been dying to get an answer for.)
All we have is a mods word. It's up to you if you believe it

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I'm so god damn confused. I spent the last few hours on the old thread, then got here. So from I gather Masterlinkx is behind this? I'm really confused, I have no idea and I'm too tired. I just want to know what's even going on.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I'm so god damn confused. I spent the last few hours on the old thread, then got here. So from I gather Masterlinkx is behind this? I'm really confused, I have no idea and I'm too tired. I just want to know what's even going on.
Okay. MasterLinkX posted a picture of Shulk he made hastily before the leak "leaked" to make it seem fake and draw attention from it. Sadly it wasn't enough to deter people from it. That's really all

EDIT: That's what I got from it and seems to be what others did too. Could be different though

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, just to clarify, the DLC list that Anon1776 gave is fake. But this doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that DLC COULD happen, and that the cut Brawl veterans could still be part of it if it does? This is very confusing.
I can see characters like Lucas and Wolf being DLC, but I don't see ICs returning through DLC since the 3DS problems don't just fix themselves over time, and I have a bit of a hard time seeing Snake too unless there's overwhelming demand for it.

Anyways, I dropped off yesterday when the Tomodachi Famitsu comparisons were around, did I miss anything other than the MasterLink thing?

Last edited:
Well, what did I miss?

Any signs of skepticism still present regardless of what was proven and rejected?

Or everyone here's already betting their bank accounts that this leak is legit or fake?

I doubt anyone's doing the latter

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Well, what did I miss?

Any signs of skepticism still present regardless of what was proven and rejected?

Or everyone here's already betting their bank accounts that this leak is legit or fake?

I doubt anyone's doing the latter
I'll bet my bank account that you're the leaker.

I have no bank account:troll:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Has anyone pointed out how the red line from the random stage icon overlaps with the bottom screen even though it is on the top screen? Seems like quite the rookie photoshop error to me.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, even if the Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, etc. don't show up as DLC, I suppose there's hope they'll make a triumphant return for Smash 5. It just seems like such a step back, when new installments are supposed to move a series forward. I was hoping that this would be the 'definitive' Smash Bros., that I could take with me everywhere, but...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Has anyone pointed out how the red line from the random stage icon overlaps with the bottom screen even though it is on the top screen? Seems like quite the rookie photoshop error to me.
Nope. No one has ever noticed. You are a special snowflake. :drshrug:

Seriously though. The explanation is pixel bleeding from a digital camera.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope the cut of a popular character like Ice Climbers is enough for Sakurai to take notice and not make another handheld version of Smash Brothers down the line.

They really are my only problem in all this.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope the cut of a popular character like Ice Climbers is enough for Sakurai to take notice and not make another handheld version of Smash Brothers down the line.

They really are my only problem in all this.
Next handheld will likely be a lot more powerful, so no worries there. My problem with it is that Sakurai doesn't allow himself just a little flexibility and puts ICs only on the Wii U version, that would serve no harm whatsoever. I personally dislike ICs, but I know I'd be pissed if one of my favorite veterans were cut because of the 3DS.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I said this in the other thread but didn't get a response I don't think. What if Sakurai's issues with the Ice Climbers weren't memory issues at all but balance issues like their chain grab and desyncing. It would explain them coming back as DLC being a possibility because them being off the main roster could exclude them from tournaments and help make the roster more balanced, and by extension the game look better. Brawl's biggest flaw is it's balance, right?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm glad the ICs are gone...

[100% personal bias. Not saying it should have been done, but yeah.]

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
did the leaker act state there more characters or just he cant confirm that it is the final roster?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It was said this was posted to 4chan to keep the source anonymous. Well, for one thing, if a mod here could track down the source, so to could Nintendo's teams.

But, perhaps more importantly, if the source of this is, as indicated, the ESRB, those involved with the rating of the game would already be on record, so any attempt at anonymity while leaking it to a rating build is just impossible.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I said this in the other thread but didn't get a response I don't think. What if Sakurai's issues with the Ice Climbers weren't memory issues at all but balance issues like their chain grab and desyncing. It would explain them coming back as DLC being a possibility because them being off the main roster could exclude them from tournaments and help make the roster more balanced, and by extension the game look better. Brawl's biggest flaw is it's balance, right?
I was hoping that, if this is legit, that when they ran into problems with the IC's, they put them on the backburner and just finished the other characters, and then once it entered post-production, they started working on, and hopefully clearing up, those issues, as well as beginning or finishing development on the other cuts, and getting DLC ready or something.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not too worried about it. Bowser Jr. and DHD both could be fun characters. My only beef is the crappy levels and the stupid clones.
I thought the levels were leaked by someone else?

I'm still not buying this at all.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
did the leaker act state there more characters or just he cant confirm that it is the final roster?
Multiple sources say that the roster posted is not final. [I'm assuming they didn't get the all characters unlocked message either]

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Multiple sources say that the roster posted is not final. [I'm assuming they didn't get the all characters unlocked message either]
Which also throws legitimacy into the question, as the ESRB has to see the entire roster. Excluded content can change the rating.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's another thing that's not been brought up. Does anyone else just think that the selection screens look bad?

When has a game designed by Sakurai ever had a UI that unappealing? The demo version wasn't nearly that bland or uninspired.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
So, the first thought I had was this:

Sakurai always seems to bring special care to name the fighters in a way that recognizes team-characters. It isn't Ice Climber, it's Ice Climbers. It isn't Rosalina, it's Rosalina and Luma. It isn't Olimar, it's Pikmin and Olimar. Therefore, I don't think he'd name them "Duck Hunt," rather than "Duck and Dog" or perhaps "Duck Hunters"

If he ignored the Duck, then he would be more likely to name it, "Duck Hunt Dog," rather than just "Duck Hunt."

Finally, if in the small CSS squares, they would move Luma in to be right next to Rosalina, why isn't the Duck moved in to be right next to the Dog? I mean, the Pikmin are moved to be in the square with Olimar, and the Duck would be an easier fit.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Damn, where'd everybody go?
Man, this thing lost a ton of steam. What changed? I don't seem to have missed anything.
Every possible solution talked from this leak has been exhausted to death already in the old thread and right now we just want to get to the concrete confirmation/deconfirmation whenever the next character gets revealed

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Our roster at the moment. If Mii Fighters are an exception, we have 5 more spots to fill.
Assuming we won't have any veteran coming back, we have to focus on what hints we may have. Let's start the straw grasping ;
I don't have any proof of course, so I go with possible hints from most to less likely IMO.

1) Ridley :
-A character that had been hinted for a year.
-Trophy theory that could support him
-Leaks mentioning him along DHD and Bowser Jr. prior to the release of the pics.

-A non-Ai Ridley shown in April ?

2) Mewtwo :
-Intended to be in Brawl
-Sakurai mentioning him in 2012 "We're thinking about it"
-POSSIBLE tease with the Greninja (unsure of course)
-Leaks mentioning him along DHD and Bowser Jr

3) Dixie Kong :

-Easy to add as a semi clone.

-Mentioned in a leak going with DHD and Bowser Jr.

4) Impa :

-Trophy theory going well for her (as well as Ridley)

-Mentioned in a leak with DHD and Bowser Jr

-Could easily be a clone of Sheik at worst.

5) Chorus Kids :

-Mentioned in a leak with DHD and Bowser Jr

-Was in Gematsu leak

-Possible RH stage on 3DS

6) Mach Rider :

-Mentioned in a leak with Ridley and Shulk... as well as Chorus Kids, but not DHD and Bowser Jr.

-Sakurai wanted to put him in Melee if possible, a character on a vehicle being interesting. Bowser Jr, however, could fill this spot, but he could also be side by side with another vehicle user. That's the only thing honestly he has at the moment.

You know me, I'd prefer Mach Rider over the Kids. But IMHO they will get in over him.

Final roster if what I think would happen happens.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It's probably real. Sorry, guys.
Sorry? Except for the lack of Ridley and a Donkey Kong newcomer, the roster is amazing. I am still holding for one or two more characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom