• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
To be frank, I don't care one way or the other. These leaks have made worn me down completely. If it's real whoo, if it's fake whoo. Just release the game already.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
I know, right? I thought we were done with this infighting and general nonsense...
Apparently we should stop with all this crazy leaking that comes from small websites and let smash brothers unfold, as it's only a bit longer before it's release in japan. (September 13, 2014)

Or we could all take a huge breather and stop freaking out about something that isn't even proven to be legitimate.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I like how SmashBoards will believe ANYTHING now adays.
  • It's been proven the Shulk artwork is just Little Mac
  • The Dr Mario artwork is a photoshop of an offical Mario render
  • Varying levels of quality on the character icons
  • The ESRB doesn't play the games. Also, the ESRB never leaks anything. This is how they function in the industry. If they leaked games, there would be a lost of trust and faith in using the rating system. Also, why the **** would anyone post a picture with the ESRB username. If they were real and Nintendo found out, they would know exactly where the leak came from and who to blame and fire. It's dumb not matter how you look at it.
  • Inconsistencies with Ness.
  • Clone characters seperated and out of place
  • Yoshi isn't next to the Mario characters despite the fact he is there on the official demo
  • All of the stages are returning one to better hide the fact that this is fake
  • No images of new stages.
  • EDIT: No names under the character icons despite both the demo and every other Smash Brothers game doing this
  • EDIT2: Disable is spelled wrong in one of the pictures
It's fake. I suspect someone did this so they could try to revive this rumor from the dead. No one ever took this seriously. It's fake.
Yeah, but hey! Recently we have seen a lot of 3DS' gameplay and 3ds is actually easy to fake, and as the game is coming out close this leak will eventually die if it is fake, if it is real......well........

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's actually the point. The leaker actually showed a room from the Tomodachi Life Stage that had not previously been shown AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANGLE. Even if he somehow managed to get Famitsu early enough to get the photo of the stage, he would then have had to rotate the entire image slightly downward seamlessly. Remember, the first time we actually saw this room in the house was in that Famitsu mag, which came out today, AFTER the publication of the leak. Other than in the mag, the leak scan matches no other rooms shown previously on the stage at any point.

It's pretty obviously legit.
No because the image is from Tomodachi Life which the stage is based on. It's like having a Mario Bros stage by taking a screenshot from Mario Bros.

Here is the Doctor Mario thing I've been talking about.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Apparently they will be back as post release DLC.
I'm not believing that Ice Climbers (and Mr. Game And Watch) will be a part of DLC anytime soon, if anything Nintendo would include them on the game best they are part of the Nintendo franchise. Even if they were DLC, they would be free regardless.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I have no input when it comes to whether or not this leak is real or fake. I care, but why would I debate such things when there is so little evidence to work with on either side. I remember arguing with my friends over the whole "until now" debacle, and I was on the wrong side of that. I've since learned that is silly to be so certain when speculating over an unreleased video game.

What I do have to add is to those of you who are saying "if this is real, why x character instead of y character." Usually the x character is a clone. The thing is characters aren't all the same amount of work. I used to hate clones in Melee before I learned that we got 6 clones instead of 1 fully fleshed out character. Now I think Sakurai made the right call, and I'm not offended by Lucina because she likely didn't take nearly as much work as other characters. Sure it'd be nice if we got the character of our dreams, but we can't pretend he could have easily not made Dark Pit (if he is in of course) and replaced him with K. Rool or some such.

tl;dr Time constraints are a real thing and not all characters are created equal.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No because the image is from Tomodachi Life which the stage is based on. It's like having a Mario Bros stage by taking a screenshot from Mario Bros.

Nice, let's tear down this leak apart!

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Its fake because the characters names are not on the screen underneath the their icons and why would chorus men have a enemy in smash run and be dlc that does not make sense

also heres a video proving that its fake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtF3xXxOkxk

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A

It looks like someone simply thought that they could get away with making the picture fuzzy with their poor editing skill.
*Mario's eyes are bluer than they would on normal Mario.
Looking at Dr. Mario's Melee appearance, it's clear that BOTH editions of Mario have the eye color and should have the same eye color.

(Comparing Mario and Dr. Mario together for clarity)
*The image is not proportional correct
It seems like Dr.Mario's head is a bit wider than it should be, regarding the fact that the picture was claimed to be taken on a 3DS. The ear is stretched among the side of the screen to make it look correct.

That's all I've got for now, but i'm thinking that the remains of Mario's cap are still are still left in Dr. Mario's headband.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

rekt. Another possible piece of evidence against the leak. At this rate it is hard to believe.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
The only thing I'm curious about is the whole Tomodachi Life stage thing that was in the Famitsu article only later (and also not the same image). It's the only thing that seems to hold water here.

Ugh... Too much wild speculation.
I'll just say fake mostly because I think Duck Hunt as a character is incredibly dumb (have at thee!). No real reasons because I'm close to not caring at this point.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm going to go with Yoshi and the Clones' positioning being enough to call this an elaborate fake. Even if it's not, while I like Duck Hunt, Mario is already overbloated even without Baby Bowser and Doc being a clone. No game in the series, not even the first one, had series characters broken up, regardless of clone status. And while I don't think I hated Mushroomy Kingdom as much as some, I agree it's a very poor choice of stage to import.

Also 99% sure Wario and Ganondorf's pics are taken directly from their debuts in Subspace.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Second Post edited to make it more comprehensive

Thank you for posting that, I can add that to the full list. There are some definite differences here. The shape of the mouth, the roundness of the head (look near the cheeks and the chin), the shadowing of the hat clearly had to be changed, but that's an obvious thing.

There's no doubt they are very similar, but the two characters a very similar characters in a very common pose. I don't think this is enough to kill the leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
We live in an age where photographic evidence and never before seen information and details trump non-existent counter-arguments
What are you actually trying to accomplish trying to prove this rumor as fact with "evidence"?
Seriously, it's a rumor. There is no evidence to say otherwise.
And between you and me, every single post on this forum is a non-existent argument. :p

I could cares less, I just want the game to release already, I'm worn out from this trvial leak talk.
If it is proven false, congrats
If it is proven true, congratz
#TeamDon'tGiveA:awesome::awesome:;);)

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Also 99% sure Wario and Ganondorf's pics are taken directly from their debuts in Subspace.
Actually, Wario's image is looking to me like it was ripped right from a shot of him seen in Brawl's trailer from E3 2006.

Not convinced on Ganondorf, though. The hi-res shot of it on the results screenshot looks pretty believable.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Actually, Wario's image is looking to me like it was ripped right from a shot of him seen in Brawl's trailer from E3 2006.

Not convinced on Ganondorf, though. The hi-res shot of it on the results screenshot looks pretty believable.
The results screenshot is not legitimate. MasterLinkX photoshopped a few hours after the leak was shown off.

My main issue with this "leak" is that if ESRB leaked it, then we have the full roster right here. Nintendo can't hide things from them. Furthermore, if it is from the ESRB, why do we have that ESRB name? It's supposed to be a gameplay video from Nintendo; there's no reason to have that ESRB label INSIDE of the game itself. Where's the gameplay?

If it's being pinned on ESRB as a way of blame, then why is only the CSS and SSS shown off? Where are the gameplay images? I refuse to believe a leaker doesn't want to post gameplay.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thank you for posting that, I can add that to the full list. There are some definite differences here. The shape of the mouth, the roundness of the head (look near the cheeks and the chin), the shadowing of the hat clearly had to be changed, but that's an obvious thing.

There's no doubt they are very similar, but the two characters a very similar characters in a very common pose. I don't think this is enough to kill the leak.
I show two images which show it being the exact same image, and it's still tooooo different.

I weep for humanity.

MaTT*xD

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or Dark Pit's picture in the CCS seems a bit off... It looks kinda anime style.
At first is hard to notice, but if you compare it to Pit's image you'll notice they are quite different.
Shouldn't they have the same character model?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I believe it was in the unknown render thread. Neo's source turned out to be ultra sketch and backtracked hard. Im not 100% sure and my original post is obviously tounge in cheek, but Im fairly certain thats what happened.
I've looked through pages 30-80 and do not find what your talking about.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
The people who keep trying their hardest to disprove this leak despite failing after the last five times the same part of it was mentioned makes me sad.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I show two images which show it being the exact same image, and it's still tooooo different.

I weep for humanity.
They are indeed very similar, I was just pointing out there are slight differences.

However, it is possible for two different renders of the same character to be very similar.

These are also very similar, one could easily to turned into the other. There have been SO many renders of mario at this point that no matter what position Dr Mario is in, you could probably find an image that matches.

I've looked through pages 30-80 and do not find what your talking about.
If you check out my thread, I do address this.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I hope people realize the fakers get a thrill and enjoy watching everyone talk about their fakes. They most likely lurk this forum and neogaf getting a kick out of people going crazy about it, disproving it or believing it. Shoot, they might even be members here actually saying they believe it. That's what's creepy.

They want you to solve their puzzle like it's Professor Layton or Zelda.

They never had the game before with all of the other "leaks" and they don't have it now. At best they just want you to appreciate their work on it. At least, at best, that's all I can give them.

I never believed in Gematsu, either.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that makes me scared is the "Ice Climbers as DLC" guy being fake. I can't live w/o ma IC. They can't be cut. It's inhumane to Smash.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Spam Warning Received
FD JKSDFBVBJsdvO'SDFL'CV DF;
BNK'SDB'NKISDAO
foZNO' S;Dvzdf'bnkopxdfk dfio'bnio'dfb

*dies of hype heart attack*

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
K, ima dip my foot into the salt lake and see where it leads me:

Please bear with me, as I usually fight on both sides, so I may randomly transition from Team Real to Team Fake.

So, I kinda believe the whole DLC thing, but only for minimal reasons: A). Snake as 3rd party might take some time to get into again. B). Sakurai has claimed to have problems with the IC on the 3DS version. I know there are flaws to this theory, so dont go striking me down. Also, Why hold back Wolf and Lucas? As for Game and Watch's "hand" corssing over to Wario's side, I believe that is just Warios shoulder, but its been darkened due to camera quality. Theres good reason to believe the Duck Hunt Dog, since its model has never been seen before, but why would Bowser Jr be in his Koopa Klown Kart? Unless its with him at all times, it shouldnt show up in his CSP. Falcos csp looks kinda... off, like it almost doesnt seem to fit the brightness style of Smash 4. Also, Rob looks like an older version of itself. Again, it doesnt seem to belong. That Jigglypuff reminds me of this:

Of course, the angling seems a bit different, as its hand is higher, and its looking up more.

This seems to be all for now. Probably wont get back to this.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
For those who think that renders are "insanely hard" to photoshop:

Woah, Sunshine Mario is a new playable character!

Oh my god, Louie?!?

No way! It's the Pikmin President!

Oh my god! Alph is a new Olimar clone?

Wow, we're getting a female Pikmin rep!

Charlie got dat stache.

Wow, Skyward Zelda clone?

Wait, we're getting Hilda?!

But they have flaws! I mean, really?

Imagine them in a blurry, low-resolution picture on a 3DS. Especially some of those Olimar photoshops.

Seriously guys, it's fake. I mean, even Brawl modders make renders for their hacks that look authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom