• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Somebody ban me now, because I can't believe you people go on believing this stuff which has time and time again been proven fake. I'll accept the opinions of me and name-calling.
Ok. You smell bad and you probably have cooties.

No but really, chill out, there's still a strong possability this is fake, and if it is we'll just move on. The game comes out in japan in 3 weeks so the second it does, or even when we get a new character beforehand, we'll know everything for sure about this leak.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I like how SmashBoards will believe ANYTHING now adays.
  • It's been proven the Shulk artwork is just Little Mac
  • The Dr Mario artwork is a photoshop of an offical Mario render
  • Varying levels of quality on the character icons
  • The ESRB doesn't play the games. Also, the ESRB never leaks anything. This is how they function in the industry. If they leaked games, there would be a lost of trust and faith in using the rating system. Also, why the **** would anyone post a picture with the ESRB username. If they were real and Nintendo found out, they would know exactly where the leak came from and who to blame and fire. It's dumb not matter how you look at it.
  • Inconsistencies with Ness.
  • Clone characters seperated and out of place
  • Yoshi isn't next to the Mario characters despite the fact he is there on the official demo
  • All of the stages are returning one to better hide the fact that this is fake
  • No images of new stages.
  • EDIT: No names under the character icons despite both the demo and every other Smash Brothers game doing this
  • EDIT2: Disable is spelled wrong in one of the pictures
It's fake. I suspect someone did this so they could try to revive this rumor from the dead. No one ever took this seriously. It's fake.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, all we need is another stage or a character render to hit the nail in the coffin for #TeamFake. This has been fun and entertaining.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
  • The ESRB doesn't play the games. Also, the ESRB never leaks anything. This is how they function in the industry. If they leaked games, there would be a lost of trust and faith in using the rating system. Also, why the **** would anyone post a picture with the ESRB username. If they were real and Nintendo found out, they would know exactly where the leak came from and who to blame and fire. It's dumb not matter how you look at it.
  • Yoshi isn't next to the Mario characters despite the fact he is there on the official demo
It's fake. I suspect someone did this so they could try to revive this rumor from the dead. No one ever took this seriously. It's fake.
I believe you, but which render was the Dr. Mario art based off of? I'd like to see it.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So while I cannot say for 100% certainty that it is real, I find it amusing that a bunch of photo evidence with new renders, only 2 which MIGHT be explained (I'll get to them), a new room in the tamodachi life level that is confirmed by famitsu, "believing anything". This is by far the most comprehensive leak smash boards has EVER had. And I've been here since before the melee roster was leaked.

Now to your points:

-The Shulk artwork has similarities to the Little Mac, in that the facial expressions match up. While this is suspicious, it's not proof. They are both humans, and they both look like their separate characters. The fact that they match up could very well be a coincidence, since again, both of them look like their respective characters. And it's only the faces that match up, the body would have to be completely redone
- The Dr. Mario one is similar, but again different. The mouths were different, the head angle was different, and the body would still take a lot of work to edit. It's also a very common pose for Nintendo characters to take.
-The quality is much more consistent in other photos, such as the full profile shots of characters. This is most likely due to poor camera
-ESRB does not play games, for sure. However, they are given something. The theory is that the name had ESRB in it to trace it back to them, to make it easier to find the leak.
- Inconsistencies with Ness are a small, tiny redesign. Something MOST people would not notice.
- The clone characters are together. They are simply in a new place
- CSS can change
- The game comes out in a few short weeks, it's possible we've seen all the new ones. The Tamodochi life level has a completely different look in the stage select screen that matches up with Famitsu images

I'm not saying we don't have questions, but none of those points are the nail in the coffin.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
This leak is driving me crazy.

There are so many oddities with this one but just as many valid counters to them.

BillE

Smash Cadet
These are two leaks that happen to work very well together that were posted on the Character Discussion Thread, I put them together and created the roster they make

And

Would end up with

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The same people keep making these for fun. IIIIIIIIIIIIIII could make these, but repeated trolling isn't my favorite territory.

Something about blurry, pixelated images must be real and cannot be faked. They just can't.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
These are two leaks that happen to work very well together that were posted on the Character Discussion Thread, I put them together and created the roster they make

And

Would end up with

Dat would be good.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
-The Shulk artwork has similarities to the Little Mac, in that the facial expressions match up. While this is suspicious, it's not proof. They are both humans, and they both look like their separate characters. The fact that they match up could very well be a coincidence, since again, both of them look like their respective characters. And it's only the faces that match up, the body would have to be completely redone
The Shulk and Little Mac pic are identical

- The Dr. Mario one is similar, but again different. The mouths were different, the head angle was different, and the body would still take a lot of work to edit. It's also a very common pose for Nintendo characters to take.
it's a render of Mario, not Dr. Mario. I don't have it on me, but it's one of Nintendo's offical ones.

-The quality is much more consistent in other photos, such as the full profile shots of characters. This is most likely due to poor camera
The image quality for the new stuff is visibly weaker than anything that is on the offical site. This is why we have Wario's missing pupil.

-ESRB does not play games, for sure. However, they are given something. The theory is that the name had ESRB in it to trace it back to them, to make it easier to find the leak.
If the name was there to "trace the leak," then why was the leaker stupid enough to use THAT image. The theory is farfetched anyway.

- Inconsistencies with Ness are a small, tiny redesign. Something MOST people would not notice.
This is an inconsiatancy with his design that is not only in every Smash game but also the official clay model.
- The clone characters are together. They are simply in a new place
Clone characters are never away from their series. Even Melee did this.

- CSS can change
They always keep the same order. Brawl's demo had the same order as the final game. Yoshi is also always next to Mario characters.

- The game comes out in a few short weeks, it's possible we've seen all the new ones. The Tamodochi life level has a completely different look in the stage select screen that matches up with Famitsu images
The images from the "leak" and Famitsu are different. The "leak" is most likely from the original game.

I'm not saying we don't have questions, but none of those points are the nail in the coffin.
No, it's the nail in the coffin.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet

And

Would end up with
You beat me to it. This older leak restores some hope for me should this prove to be legitimate.

The two do compliment each other very well though. The old poster is confused as to why certain iconic characters, specifically Ice Climbers, Lucas, Snake, and Wolf were cut. It could very well be that it was for the purpose of DLC, in some form. It might just be personal bias speaking, but I dearly hope Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie round out this lineup. Can you imagine that damned cackling dog being invited to Smash before Metroid's most iconic villain? :sadeyes:

Personally I'm a bit torn. There's a large amount of inconsistencies and suspicious design suggesting it's merely an elaborate fake, but the sheer amount of detail and recent Famitsu scan is difficult to dismiss.

Time will ultimately tell.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

And

Would end up with
Perhaps the person who made this 'leak' started the rumor back in July?

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189

I'm pretty sure there's enough evidence here to confirm this fake at least I think there is, but here's some more problems with this image this guy found.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The Shulk and Little Mac pic are identical

The mouth changes slightly. The eyes change size. Arms placement completely different. Chin different sizes. Nose COMPLETELY different. Not identical.

it's a render of Mario, not Dr. Mario. I don't have it on me, but it's one of Nintendo's offical ones.
There are two images that get passed around as the origins of Dr. Mario.

This one

Here the head angle is wrong, the stethoscope is wrong. He would literally have to adjust the head angle by a few degrees.

And I can't find the other one, the one you were talking about. I KNOW that one as well. It's also not right. If you want to prove me wrong, then go look for it cause I can't find it, but trust me, it's not the same.

The image quality for the new stuff is visibly weaker than anything that is on the offical site. This is why we have Wario's missing pupil.

Image quality consistent here. Image quality of Ganondorf poor? Well here

Same render, better quality.

If the name was there to "trace the leak," then why was the leaker stupid enough to use THAT image. The theory is farfetched anyway.
Let's not pretend we know what goes on behind the scenes. I sure as hell don't.

This is an inconsiatancy with his design that is not only in every Smash game but also the official clay model.
Again, remodels happen. The world will keep turning. This is FAR from proof.

Clone characters are never away from their series. Even Melee did this.
Even Melee didn't need a random spot. Brawl introduced alternate costumes for ONE character. Redesigns happen.

They always keep the same order. Brawl's demo had the same order as the final game. Yoshi is also always next to Mario characters.
Redesigns happen.

The images from the "leak" and Famitsu are different. The "leak" is most likely from the original game.
The leak is definitely not from the original game. If you saw the original game, you'd know that doesn't make sense. The leak and Famitsu are MUCH closer than Famitsu and POTD.

No, it's the nail in the coffin.
You gotta put this in your sig in a month from now. Trust me, you'll get it then.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What part of it's not a Mario render do you not understand.

Shulk and Little Mac have the exact same facial structure.

Let's not pretend we know what goes on behind the scenes. I sure as hell don't.
The theory is that the name had ESRB in it to trace it back to them, to make it easier to find the leak.

I don't see why people HAVE to believe a leak is real. What ever happened to reasonable skepticism.

Those against the leak, explain this.
Totally different images. For pete's sake, they aren't even the same angle.

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Pay attention to the image on the left. Sakurai showed what the stage looked like. Famitsu now confirms that it was somewhat reworked. For this leak to be fake, the leaker had to have randomly decided to redesign a room in an already shown stage and have done so perfectly.

Explain that.

They look the same, but are different.
Plus, maybe they got the magazine somehow early?
The angle's different, it's not the same pic from the magazine.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Pay attention to the image on the left. Sakurai showed what the stage looked like. Famitsu now confirms that it was somewhat reworked. For this leak to be fake, the leaker had to have randomly decided to redesign a room in an already shown stage and have done so perfectly.

Explain that.

The image is from Tomodachi Life.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
What part of it's not a Mario render do you not understand.
I assume you meant to say "What part of it's not a Dr Mario render do you not understand", like you had before. And to answer your intended question, I understood everything you said. I'm pretty sure you didn't actually read what I wrote.

Shulk and Little Mac have the exact same facial structure.
They have the exact same distance between eyes, nose and mouth. Suspicious, yes, nail in the coffin? No. That is essentially where the similarities end as neither the nose, mouth or eyes are actually the same shape, neither are the cheeks or chin. The similarity can probably be attributed to similar art style.

I don't see why people HAVE to believe a leak is real. What ever happened to reasonable skepticism.
There is NOTHING wrong with reasonable scepticism. I'm not against that at all. In fact, I'm not 100% convinced (though I'm pretty close, around 90%). I was down to 50% at one point. However, what you are doing is not scepticism. Scepticism is saying "I need to see more before I decide". What you are doing is simply saying "fake". If you want to have a discussion on the likelihood of this being real, that's cool. If you want to laugh at everyone who is giving this serious thought because it's oh so obviously fake, then yeah, you aren't going to get a warm reception.

Pictures are also a lot harder to fake. Not impossible, but hard.

The level is going to pan around, I think that's obvious.

What arguments for the leak are there other than the stage? I think it's fake.
The stage, the level of detail, the thick line/thin line. Those are the three biggest ones. It still could be fake, but there is more substantial evidence pointing to real than fake, at the moment.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
I guss we will find out when a character gets announced that way we will see it the the pictures match the leaked pictures

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I guss we will find out when a character gets announced that way we will see it the the pictures match the leaked pictures
Absolutely. This leak won't last long. It'll either be confirmed or deconfirmed as soon as a new character is revealed. Heck, if a old stage shows up that is in the leak then that makes it much more likely, and if new stage shows up that we haven't seen then it's pretty much dead.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Absolutely. This leak won't last long. It'll either be confirmed or deconfirmed as soon as a new character is revealed. Heck, if a old stage shows up that is in the leak then that makes it much more likely, and if new stage shows up that we haven't seen then it's pretty much dead.
Yup I think this leak will be decided if real or fake by this week cause I think either a stage or character will get revealed by Friday

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but in the Melee intro, Ness' shirt is the same that the model is in this leak. So that whole thing is debunked as well.

This is the real deal, folks. Hope you had fun.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but in the Melee intro, Ness' shirt is the same that the model is in this leak. So that whole thing is debunked as well.

This is the real deal, folks. Hope you had fun.
I wouldn't be so certain.
One thing revealed that isn't on the leak and this leak is history.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
That's actually the point. The leaker actually showed a room from the Tomodachi Life Stage that had not previously been shown AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANGLE. Even if he somehow managed to get Famitsu early enough to get the photo of the stage, he would then have had to rotate the entire image slightly downward seamlessly. Remember, the first time we actually saw this room in the house was in that Famitsu mag, which came out today, AFTER the publication of the leak. Other than in the mag, the leak scan matches no other rooms shown previously on the stage at any point.

It's pretty obviously legit.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In short: I don't think that it's real, but I'm horrified that it still might be.

Call it my inner cynic/paranoia.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
We live in the age of which an extremely vague and blurry photo that has a slight resemblance to a magazine automatically confirms a rumor as fact and has more value then legit information from Sakurai.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
We live in the age of which an extremely vague and blurry photo that has a slight resemblance to a magazine automatically confirms a rumor as fact and has more value then legit information from Sakurai.
We live in an age where photographic evidence and never before seen information and details trump non-existent counter-arguments

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
I personally think this leak is fake, it just looks poor in my eyes, I know a few guys who could easily do something like this in a few weeks. Also, the "clone" grouping is a BS excuse, wouldn't Toon Link (and possibly Falco) be down there even if it was just temporary? Also, this is very minor, but Fox's background color is different from his at smashfest and on the main site.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what the pink stage is supposed to be?

I went through and marked off every character that already had a stage and it was narrowed down to Ness, Duck Hunt Dog, and Wii Fit Trainer.
So it seems to most likely be an EarthBound stage. If I had to guess, it would be Magicant, and that would make me so very happy~

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You know, I wish people would stop being like ''I'm 100% sure it's ______". Because if you're wrong, you're gonna look reallly stupid. :laugh:
Honestly, I think it could be real, but I mostly think it's fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom