• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Possible Spoilers] New Stages Potentially Leaked [Edit Confirmed Fake]

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
As happy as I am about the possibility of new content, I'm getting sick of everyone posting these "leaks" around.

Whether these are legit or not, it's frustrating to see them spoiled and put around everywhere without any word from the creators consent. Even then, the update is scheduled to happen anyway in two days so they really couldn't wait that long for it?

It really kills the hype if we already know what's coming in the update.

*Looks at the revealing of Ryu and Roy*

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You're looking at everything at a face value. It isn't difficult to manipulate existing hacks. A fresh coat of paint and access to available sprites of D. Mario make it fairly simple to make the background less "static" and more colorful for a still image. Rayman proves that with time and resources (and skill) fakes can look good.

Of course the viruses are absent, it's a neutral stage. The point being that the virus models are from Rx and are available online to begin with, same with the pills. Shopping them into an image is pretty easy. Adding additional animation frames from classic doctor mario is easy too.

I'm well aware of the existing data that was left behind, and honestly I could care less if the leak is real or not; the stage has hazards so it won't be legal. I'd simply rather not believe in every leak that surfaces unless concrete evidence is provided. As far as I know, both leaks are from different people, so one could easily be real.
I'm aware that it's not difficult to manipulate existing hacks, and I wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't. My apologies for doing so. I was trying to explain the coincidences more than anything. Sure, it can be replicated, but every similarity has a logical explanation behind it. That's the point I was trying to get at.

In regards to the virus models being from Dr. Mario Online Rx, I'd like to point this out.
This is the picture that was datamined back when Smash 4 was first released. Notice how everything about the Viruses in this image lines up with the image of the Viruses in the leak. Even if the models from Rx are accessible online, we've known what the Viruses would look like in Smash 4 for quite awhile now. I'm not saying that the leak couldn't fake this, but I am saying that it has a solid excuse as to why the models are so similar to the ones in Rx.

I guess my point is that, while there are similarities between the hack and the leak, all of the similarities either make sense or have a solid excuse. Because of that, in addition to the multiple, high-quality, and varied screenshots, I personally am choosing to believe the Dr. Mario stage leak. That's just me, though.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
The moon looks incredibly messed up. In fact, I am pretty sure that's from a Brawl mod. 'Cause I remember the moon's face looking messed up there, too. I hope it's real, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The moon looks incredibly messed up. In fact, I am pretty sure that's from a Brawl mod. 'Cause I remember the moon's face looking messed up there, too. I hope it's real, though.
Er, yeah, it was debunked last page and confirmed to be a mod.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm aware that it's not difficult to manipulate existing hacks, and I wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't. My apologies for doing so. I was trying to explain the coincidences more than anything. Sure, it can be replicated, but every similarity has a logical explanation behind it. That's the point I was trying to get at.

In regards to the virus models being from Dr. Mario Online Rx, I'd like to point this out.
This is the picture that was datamined back when Smash 4 was first released. Notice how everything about the Viruses in this image lines up with the image of the Viruses in the leak. Even if the models from Rx are accessible online, we've known what the Viruses would look like in Smash 4 for quite awhile now. I'm not saying that the leak couldn't fake this, but I am saying that it has a solid excuse as to why the models are so similar to the ones in Rx.

I guess my point is that, while there are similarities between the hack and the leak, all of the similarities either make sense or have a solid excuse. Because of that, in addition to the multiple, high-quality, and varied screenshots, I personally am choosing to believe the Dr. Mario stage leak. That's just me, though.
Perfectly valid reasoning.

A gripe I have with the leak, though, is how fabricated the screens look. The great bay one was supposedly a screen from the "direct reveal," yet these don't seem to convey that's the case (great bay already debunked so). The leaker decided to give us various screens that aren't showcasing anything important like the actual gimmick of the stage. If that's the case, why not film it instead.
Even if, say, this was inside the dev room limiting how they could obtain legitimate pics with others around; why are the images that are of the stage focused on the characters at "pause screen" angles.

It just seems all too deliberately ambiguous to stir up whether it's real or not. At least with the menu / bowser jr / shulk leaks, they eventually provided short videos just to solidify everything.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That Dr. Mario stage looks delicious. Great Bay, I really don't give a **** about.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Seriously does Nintendo have anymore ideas of making a good game or are they going to sink all their time and energy with this thing. When exactly is Nintendo going to quit treating Smash-4 and leave the game alone like they did with the other Smash games. Even with Smash-64, Smash-Melee, and Smash-Brawl combined the games couldn't even reach this much attention through Nintendo's caring.

Move on to something else that will convince me to actually buy a game from your company (been like years since I bothered buying anything from that company). All my games are pretty much Sony, Microsoft, Sega Dream Cast/Sega (yes people still make games for that amazing console). Thanks.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Perfectly valid reasoning.

A gripe I have with the leak, though, is how fabricated the screens look. The great bay one was supposedly a screen from the "direct reveal," yet these don't seem to convey that's the case (great bay already debunked so). The leaker decided to give us various screens that aren't showcasing anything important like the actual gimmick of the stage. If that's the case, why not film it instead.
Even if, say, this was inside the dev room limiting how they could obtain legitimate pics with others around; why are the images that are of the stage focused on the characters at "pause screen" angles.

It just seems all too deliberately ambiguous to stir up whether it's real or not. At least with the menu / bowser jr / shulk leaks, they eventually provided short videos just to solidify everything.
Yeah, that's true, and I don't really know. The pictures all look very high-quality, so they probably weren't taken in a rush. Maybe he was forced to choose between high-quality screenshots or a low-quality video? Or maybe he thought he could convey the gimmick via screenshots? Or perhaps he thought a video would put himself at risk? Maybe he just wasn't thinking. There's a million different explanations I could come up with, but, the truth is, I don't know. You do have a point, however, and your explanation could very well be accurate. We'll see if this leak is true in 2 days' time, at any rate. I think we can hold out until then.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Seriously does Nintendo have anymore ideas of making a good game or are they going to sink all their time and energy with this thing. When exactly is Nintendo going to quit treating Smash-4 and leave the game alone like they did with the other Smash games. Even with Smash-64, Smash-Melee, and Smash-Brawl combined the games couldn't even reach this much attention through Nintendo's caring.

Move on to something else that will convince me to actually buy a game from your company (been like years since I bothered buying anything from that company). All my games are pretty much Sony, Microsoft, Sega Dream Cast/Sega (yes people still make games for that amazing console). Thanks.
Splatoon DLC
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Star Fox Zero
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Pokkén Tournament
Super Mario Maker
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Fire Emblem Fates
Xenoblade Chronicles X

...And that's just the major upcoming releases. I see no shortage of good games.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Um, guys, not sure if you've even bothered reading prior comments, but the leaker already admitted they were fake; The stage you see is actually from a Brawl hack, with Toon Link's 3DS model simply pasted in.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
If Young Link was confirmed, they probably would've used YL for that shot of Great Bay rather than Toon Link.
Young Link coming back would be like the dumbest thing ever. Can you imagine having a game with THREE Links, two of which being Young, yet only one of them being referred to as YOUNG Link? THat would be ludicrous

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
C'mon Smashboards, even a complete n00b at spotting fakes like myself can see that Toon Link on Great Bay is hella fake.

The Dr. Mario one was in the files of the game, so its prolly real. Easy to make us believe that, though.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Splatoon DLC
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Star Fox Zero
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Pokkén Tournament
Super Mario Maker
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Fire Emblem Fates
Xenoblade Chronicles X

...And that's just the major upcoming releases. I see no shortage of good games.
Meh I do see Xenoblade being a buy, Fire Emblem (depends on how they rearrange the plot and such), Legend of Zelda for Wii-U (suspicious), Splatoon (pretty good game played it), Pokémon (well duh the only franchise that saves Nintendo's butt due to poor creative game appearances).

Yes some of these games look good, but the real test is how the games are played. It's simple to slap on a major franchise game company like (MegamanX7). People lose their minds "oh Megaman!" but the game-play is where those two entity's are separated "what is this!" Thanks.

Last edited:

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
Not sure why they would choose Great Bay of all stages. Interesting though.
Sakurai might want a 3ds exclusive stage as DLC. There is no swimming mechanic in the 3DS version. So there's no water stages, this would be a unique stage for 3DS for that reason, since you always drown and can't swim. Wii u already has Delfino Plaza and Wuhu Island.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
As happy as I am about the possibility of new content, I'm getting sick of everyone posting these "leaks" around.

Whether these are legit or not, it's frustrating to see them spoiled and put around everywhere without any word from the creators consent. Even then, the update is scheduled to happen anyway in two days so they really couldn't wait that long for it?

It really kills the hype if we already know what's coming in the update.

*Looks at the revealing of Ryu and Roy*
I'm hyped for the awakening DLC as well.
:troll:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Who cares about stages , im just sitting over here waiting for new characters

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Way past cool story bro. :4sonic:

Admiral_Dante

Smash Apprentice
Ahh Great Bay... What memories.

I remember beating a Link CPU just by sitting in one spot while Link dair'd on top of me, bounced off, went over the side and died before he could recover.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Warning Received
Way past cool story bro. :4sonic:
It's not a story it's annoying how Nintendo won't move on from this game already. Just shows Nintendo is useless as of now. They're losing important members due to age and these new mangers (who are terrible) will eventually run Nintendo to the ground as the same has happened to Sega, but pity enough they were cursed with pissed dictatorship.

Nintendo however was fortunate enough to receive exceptional dictatorship. But as for now as they keep losing important members that have experience, Nintendo will eventually perish.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
Not saying I dislike it if it's added, it's one of my favorite casual stages. It just seems like an odd choice.
Not that odd considering it's a popular stage that hasn't been in Smash since Melee. Also Majoras Mask came out on 3DS so it would make sense

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
I know great bay is fake but honestly it wouldn't make sense if they brought back great bay from melee. we already have 3 retro Zelda stages in the wii u version now and enough Zelda stages in the 3ds version.

It's not a story it's annoying how Nintendo won't move on from this game already. Just shows Nintendo is useless as of now. They're losing important members due to age and these new mangers (who are terrible) will eventually run Nintendo to the ground as the same has happened to Sega, but pity enough they were cursed with pissed dictatorship.
Nintendo however was fortunate enough to receive exceptional dictatorship. But as for now as they keep losing important members that have experience, Nintendo will eventually perish.
so you don't want new stages/characters/costumes and more balance? I don't see how Nintendo still supporting an incredibly popular game is a bad thing.

Last edited:

The Groose

Smash Rookie
When you are looking at the "extra stages" in the actual game the text reads "normal stages" while hovering over the little orange arrow in the stage select screen, not "original stages".

This myth is busted

The Groose

Smash Rookie
Young Link coming back would be like the dumbest thing ever. Can you imagine having a game with THREE Links, two of which being Young, yet only one of them being referred to as YOUNG Link? THat would be ludicrous
lel well we got 3 marths now, so why not links?
triforce heroes confirmed cough*

ThyShallBeDone

Smash Rookie
I personally think the ballot was a stupid idea. People keep saying they want K. Rool in Smash, but what really matters (IMO) is will you play him? I feel like K. Rool will be Mewtwo 2.0. Everybody wanted him in Smash 4, but he ended up sucking competitively so he was quickly forgotten. What's the point of wasting your time with something such as that? I'd much rather see Ayumi, Issac, or Chibi-Robo. All of which are Nintendo franchises yet to be acknowledge in the roster.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I hope these leaks are real because I've always wanted a Tetris-like stage with blocks falling as you battle and such. Plus, Doc is my secondary and seeing him represented as more than just a clone is awesome.

Top Bottom