• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Possible Spoilers] New Stages Potentially Leaked [Edit Confirmed Fake]

SmasherSid

Smash Rookie
i would defiantly prefer a different melee stage, a very interesting choice, seems legit imo

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
An interesting thing I just noticed: if you check out the "wall texture" of the distant background you'll notice that the old graphics representation of Dr. Mario shows the pills and viruses in the exact same orientation as on the stage. It's likely that you can use the distant background as a visual heads up as to what is coming before it shows up in the foreground.

(assuming the stage actively moves while you play on it which you can pretty easily assume it will)

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
An interesting thing I just noticed: if you check out the "wall texture" of the distant background you'll notice that the old graphics representation of Dr. Mario shows the pills and viruses in the exact same orientation as on the stage. It's likely that you can use the distant background as a visual heads up as to what is coming before it shows up in the foreground.

(assuming the stage actively moves while you play on it which you can pretty easily assume it will)
Yup, sorry, already said that mate.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Weird, Just today I was thinking about how cool a stage based on Dr.Mario would be! I guess my dream came true!

D

Deleted member

Supporting this dr. mario stage leak it should be noted that leaks have surfaced of portraits for a Virus boss on The Spriters Resource.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Supporting this dr. mario stage leak it should be noted that leaks have surfaced of portraits for a Virus boss on The Spriters Resource.
There was already a portrait going around which originated on tcrf a short while after the game's release. Do you know if it's different to said portrait?

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Great Bay = ultimate nostalgia for me. This is a dream come true... *sniff* *sniff*

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill thanks for spoilering it! You're very courteous.

@The Derrit really ruined my day when he just blurted out on the front page here about Ryu and Roy with an HD PICTURE.

Lol, I find it funny that Sm4sh leaks are still going on.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Too bad there's a doctor mario stage floating around the vault with the same concept as the leak, barring the models and textures ripped from Dr. Mario Rx (which are available online mind you). If they were gonna go for an Rx style, they should've used the graphics / hud from Rx, not classic doc mario. Gonna call bull**** on this one.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
What's up with all of the stages having 8-Bit versions of characters already in the game hanging around in the background. 75m, the Duck Hunt stage, and now this? What's goin' on?

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
Why no Fountain of Dreams, it's one of the best stages ever, still there's a possibility in the future.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
doc stage looks believable and im 50/50 on. Can't say the same about the great bay however..

Maikou

Smash Ace
Dammit, why does the Great Bay have to be the suspicious one?!

I'll admit I don't really "love" the stage, but the music, on the other hand... plus Omega Form. Though, if it IS fake, I can at least hope Hyrule Castle will have that epic remix of the Zelda theme. Given that it's on the 3DS version, anyway. Even without that, Great Bay would make for a fun nostalgia stage in general. I do like that stage, even if it isn't a favorite.

Oh, uh...the Doctor Mario stage seems cool, so uh.....Yay for you guys.
Excuse me while I go make Ganondorf's pelvis the new "Pedestal of Time".

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Looking at it more, the Virus all look like they're facing the screen a little too perfectly.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Finally, a tetris type stage has been added to smash! I CAN ALSO FINALLY HEAR DR.MARIO'S SONG AND REMIXES OF IT ON A STAGE!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Too bad there's a doctor mario stage floating around the vault with the same concept as the leak, barring the models and textures ripped from Dr. Mario Rx (which are available online mind you). If they were gonna go for an Rx style, they should've used the graphics / hud from Rx, not classic doc mario. Gonna call bull**** on this one.
Do you have a source for that stage hack?

Also, I'm pretty sure they were going for a modern look in the foreground and a retro look in the background. It looks pretty cool, in my opinion. I think there's a certain charm to it.

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
All this talk about bringing back Fountain of Dreams and here I'm all "At least bring back the Fourside remix!" Don't get me wrong, I love the Fountain, I have Kirby in my username for crying out loud, but I love Fourside more.

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
If real i cant say im personally too excited for either. Im pretty content with the map pool as is. The only retro stage i can think of i would maybe get excited for is fountain of dreams.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Why are people clamouring for FoD so much? It's literally just a Battlefield skin, and its music is already in the Wii U version of Dream Land 64.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Not sure why they would choose Great Bay of all stages. Interesting though.
Majora's Mask 3D most likely.

But dang I was hoping for Pirate Ship if we got a DLC Zelda stage.. But I just want Fourside back. That's all.

Why are people clamouring for FoD so much? It's literally just a Battlefield skin, and its music is already in the Wii U version of Dream Land 64.
Lol no it's not, the platforms shift around a lot, and the floor is slippery, not to mention how great that stage would look in HD.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not sure why they would choose Great Bay of all stages. Interesting though.
Probably because it is a stage that represent one of Nintendo's finest games. Not sure why there isn't one or two Majora's Mask stages in every game since Melee, actually.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, it's similar because...? I mean, come on. It has a retro animation in the background and a checkered floor in the foreground. Neither of those are terribly difficult to come up with, especially when you consider that it's not uncommon for a stage hack to have such a background, while Smash 4's Dr. Mario stage probably has that background just for the Megavitamin gimmick. It's two completely different reasons behind a similar idea. The checkered floor shouldn't really require an explanation. That's a fairly generic, sensible design choice.

Furthermore, even with those similarities, the Viruses are absent in the foreground, the background is relatively static, and the stage itself has a slightly different layout. Plus, the color scheme is completely different. I think there's enough differences for me to safely say that it's just a coincidence, especially when the few similarities are common sense.

Also, keep in mind that a Dr. Mario stage isn't completely out of left field. It was actually being developed for Smash 4, but the devs couldn't finish it in time for the game's release. It makes sense for them to complete the stage later on and give it to us as DLC. There's more going for this leak than just the screenshots.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're looking at everything at a face value. It isn't difficult to manipulate existing hacks. A fresh coat of paint and access to available sprites of D. Mario make it fairly simple to make the background less "static" and more colorful for a still image. Rayman proves that with time and resources (and skill) fakes can look good.

Of course the viruses are absent, it's a neutral stage. The point being that the virus models are from Rx and are available online to begin with, same with the pills. Shopping them into an image is pretty easy. Adding additional animation frames from classic doctor mario is easy too.

I'm well aware of the existing data that was left behind, and honestly I could care less if the leak is real or not; the stage has hazards so it won't be legal. I'd simply rather not believe in every leak that surfaces unless concrete evidence is provided. As far as I know, both leaks are from different people, so one could easily be real.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Great Bay was too good to be real.
I'm excited for the Dr. Mario stage. It seems to be pretty genius with the Background-Foreground mechanics and as a recreation of the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom