• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:popo:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 3 "Buy Xenoblade" =]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Raleigh, NC 27606

Parked from the road:
It's in the Bragaw Activity Room. If you're parked right from the road in the little area in front of the building, just walk right into the front and the BAR is located right through the tinted double doors.

Parked around back:
If you're parking around back, then walk towards the building on the sidewalk on the righthand side of the parking lot and go through the door at the end there, then walk down the small hallway with the information desk, some vending machines, and a bathroom and turn right, the tinted double doors will be right there.

Parked somewhere else:
610-955-7902

Schedule
11:00 AM: Venue opens
12:00 PM: Melee registration begins
1:00 PM: Melee singles/doubles starts
12:00 AM: Venue closes.

Prizes
1st. 60%
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%

Prices
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $10
Door Fee - $3

• Take off $1 for each item brought - TV, Gamecube (w/ Melee), Power Strip

Rules

[collapse=Melee Rules]
- Items are set to off
- Stock - 4
- Timer - 8 minutes
- All sets are best of 3 (except all finals, which are best of 5)
- Stage Striking (1-2-2-1 fashion) will be done for match 1
- After the victor of a match is determined, the winner will announce 1 stage to ban (if they have not already done so) for the rest of the set. The loser will then select the stage for the next match. Then the winner of the previous match will choose their character, and then the loser will select theirs. This process will be continued until the winner of the set is determined.
- If there is a dispute over ports, then play rock-paper-scissors for it
- In the event of a timeout, sudden death is to be ignored. The winner will be decided first by stock, and then percentage. If both players have the same stock and percent, then the match must be replayed.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players
- Gentleman's Rule: Any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages
- Stalling (such as Peach bomber under a stage, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.) is banned
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- For doubles, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is set to ON

Stage Selection: Singles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Pokemon Stadium
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle

Stage Selection: Doubles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle
[/collapse]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
DANG IT CRAIG LMAO

Also good stuff makin the thread stongers! If you can garner up NC support for this it will help me getting more OOS here. =)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Alex srsly? :| we did fine with both last time and I can help run it if this is a laziness thing. I have no chance of going to a brawl tourney in ****ing georgia lol.
I just don't see the sudden need for change

And having a brawl tournament in another state does not give clearance to not have brawl at NCSU. That train of thought does not make sense. At least give me another good reason.

vZakat

Half Genie
Dangit there's a AH3 tourney that same day also at NCSU. What should I enter. >_<

Also, ironically that's the weekend I plan on buying xenoblade.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Alex srsly? :| we did fine with both last time and I can help run it if this is a laziness thing. I have no chance of going to a brawl tourney in ****ing georgia lol.
I just don't see the sudden need for change

And having a brawl tournament in another state does not give clearance to not have brawl at NCSU. That train of thought does not make sense. At least give me another good reason.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What's the difference?

Well if he doesn't do singles and doubles together then he needs to F a food break because we always seem to have our own self-made breaks and when people get knocked out they can get food for themselves and other players still in ideally.

Tourneys getting done quickly means we could do that darn draft crew battle finally LOL

stingers

Smash Obsessed
No im doing doubles first...the difference @kevin is that there are a lot of people that don't play doubles so ideally they wouldn't have to show up early you know.

Also crews will def happen at this as long as there's people and interest. Part of the reason for no brawl really, I know you guys really wanted crews last time but there was just no time.

Edit: @lucas you could if you wanted but I have no problems running the whole thing myself honestly

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well if I didn't do Brawl I bet we could have finished in time for crews.....

Anyway yeah that's all fine and stuff but still F the food break imo seriously.

Top Bottom