• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Geist

Smash Master
If someone else used your design that wouldn't be something you'd put on a resume, and you'd probably never be able to use the design again for anything but personal use unless the artist decided to take a very different approach to it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I'm definitely not going to pay for someone else to own my design

Geist

Smash Master
There are tattoo apprenticeships, usually unpaid (at least around here)
They teach you everything you need to know, and they have dummies or some sort of material that are made for practice, iirc

drawing practice in general obviously helps too, so doodle whenever you can

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Scenes from One Punch Man (drawn by Yusuke Murata)

Cannot wait to see how far this guy evolves...

And here is some more Ren fanart that is a lot less impressive

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really want to get into any new manga because a lot of the writers for the manga make them one at a time...which barely creates a comprehend-able plot and usually ends up forgetting elements or contradicting things from earlier. Sure, occasionally you can get something entertaining but I would prefer if they had a clear idea from start to finish what they wanted to do. Written out before they started. ...Or at least a story arch at a time. Plus a lot depend on the same character archetypes instead of character development.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well, that is interesting...why'd he decide to do that, was the original any good? can't make out anything on the links -don't know Japanese :phone:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I drew a little thing recently.

[COLLAPSE="Warm Thoughts"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="And Cool Thoughts"]
[/COLLAPSE]

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Danke!

Clouds and flowers and patterns have been on my mind.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Those are nice, Meno. :) I wouldn't mind a shirt with one of those designs, hehe.

So... I have decided that I'm going to an art school majoring in illustration. (SCAD to be more specific.) I get that I'm supposed to apply, but I don't know what to do as far as loans, scholarships and stuff of that nature. Can someone who has been through this process be kind enough to help me out? XD

:phone:

Geist

Smash Master
Those are nice, Meno. :) I wouldn't mind a shirt with one of those designs, hehe.

So... I have decided that I'm going to an art school majoring in illustration. (SCAD to be more specific.) I get that I'm supposed to apply, but I don't know what to do as far as loans, scholarships and stuff of that nature. Can someone who has been through this process be kind enough to help me out? XD

Yeah I had to dredge through all that stuff :[
There should be financial advisors at the school to help you out, the best time to go to them is after you've applied but before you start attending. You probably want to give yourself a month or more in advance.
Ask them which banks support a line of credit, or if there's government aid available for your state. Know how much tuition costs at your school and calculate rent (assuming you're living on your own or your parents charge you living costs), food costs and whatever if you are setting up a line of credit. The advantages of a line of credit are that they're much more flexible, but they're a bit more costly in terms of interest. You might need a co-signer for student aid as well. See if you can secure some form of part time weekend job or something to have some semblance of income, plus something to break up school's pace just helps keep you sane.

If you talk to any financial planner, the subject of scholarships should come up. Just apply for any you qualify for because free money is always awesome.

Lastly, the school will probably try to convince you in some form or another that you REALLY should take classes full-time, but I know a lot of people who have a full time job and go to school part time and they have no disadvantage because of it. If it's financially secure for you, and you'd prefer that pace, then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Yeah I had to dredge through all that stuff :[
There should be financial advisors at the school to help you out, the best time to go to them is after you've applied but before you start attending. You probably want to give yourself a month or more in advance.
Ask them which banks support a line of credit, or if there's government aid available for your state. Know how much tuition costs at your school and calculate rent (assuming you're living on your own or your parents charge you living costs), food costs and whatever if you are setting up a line of credit. The advantages of a line of credit are that they're much more flexible, but they're a bit more costly in terms of interest. You might need a co-signer for student aid as well. See if you can secure some form of part time weekend job or something to have some semblance of income, plus something to break up school's pace just helps keep you sane.

If you talk to any financial planner, the subject of scholarships should come up. Just apply for any you qualify for because free money is always awesome.

Lastly, the school will probably try to convince you in some form or another that you REALLY should take classes full-time, but I know a lot of people who have a full time job and go to school part time and they have no disadvantage because of it. If it's financially secure for you, and you'd prefer that pace, then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to look up what "jank" means on urban dictionary

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

Pokemon Profile picchar month is December.....so here's mine . u . KOFFING <3

And this is Stego.
I made him in Zbrush and he is mine C:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In that case, I'm working on my own pokemon.

It's almost done, but I'm currently having trouble with the feet

Edit: More or Less done. What I can do without editing software.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Thanks <3 Koffing is my favorite <333

Also Bren
The first thing
I'm not gon force anyone to Facebook
That'd be silly of me

cannedbread

Smash Lord
no pics
it's embarrassing
i probably won't continue it either because it isn't me and the idea of tattooing is a bit uncomfortable to me
it's not my thing, oh well

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yo we should have a Skype drawing session

Or maybe you guys already do that

But this time it should feature HondaFoo

Geist

Smash Master
nah man we're old fashioned and we just IM
there are exchanges of artwork that aren't posted on the site too

you should join the skype chat though

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
add one of us on skype i guess xD
or give us your skype name. it just kind of happens

we're really informal loool

how did we even start the skype chat?

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I just talked to an admissions person at SCAD and omg, omg, this is really happening. I know what I have to do now (in light of my previous post about not knowing what to do, haha).

If all goes well, I should be attending SCAD by January or at the latest, March. (that is, if they accept me XD)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Birthday present finally arrived: Intuos4 off Amazon

I'm still pretty fresh to using drawing tablets. Hastily made the mistake to start outlining scanned sketches where habitual miniature strokes don't transition well onto my tablet yet.

Geist

Smash Master
Birthday present finally arrived: Intuos4 off Amazon

I'm still pretty fresh to using drawing tablets. Hastily made the mistake to start outlining scanned sketches where habitual miniature strokes don't transition well onto my tablet yet.
sweeet

I just talked to an admissions person at SCAD and omg, omg, this is really happening. I know what I have to do now (in light of my previous post about not knowing what to do, haha).

If all goes well, I should be attending SCAD by January or at the latest, March. (that is, if they accept me XD)

sweeeeet
I thought we had the skype chat before that by like...a few weeks : o
nice avy

Top Bottom