• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Sinn

Smash Lord
Only difference is how much people like PT better than Ice Climbers...and I never really liked the whole concept of Ice Climbers to begin with (which is strange since I tend to use them a lot), I have little faith in a character that does what I do stuttered >.>

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Yah. PT is going to be unique to use. I'm wondering if he's going to be voiced hehe or even be able to move in the background <_< I also want Female trainer alt costume..that'll be <3

Yeah, I'm not gonna comb 118 pages, so im not sure if this has been covered or not. But I believe the reason he is called "Pokemon Trainer" instead of Red is because his alt colors will be different trainers. I.E. Blue = Ash from the cartoons, and some other color is a girl or the ds characters. Some might say its PT because you can change your name so they didnt call him Red, but Legend of Zelda is the same way in that you can change Link's name, but he is still Link as a character. At any rate, I think it would be cool, plus we already know of at least 2 characters that have alt costumes as colors (Peach and Fox)

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Hehe thanks. I really like it! Pappioll did it for me and once again THANK YOU Pappi!. I'm planning on having PT be my main ^-^ unless someone else shows up as a secret character....>_>

S0KZ

Smash Cadet
I'd rather not have PT in the demo, I don't want to know all the ups and downs of a particular character. Example: Ike - major disappointment among his fans, rather not see those kind of posts about PT if he was actually terrible.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Judging my my screenname, you'd know he's gonna be my main.

I surprisingly didn't like him at first, I guess because he broke the Pokemon-character mold by being a trainer. But he's really grew on me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How much do y'all believe Charizard's flamethrower differes from Bowser's Fire Breath?

EPX2

Smash Ace
How much do y'all believe Charizard's flamethrower differes from Bowser's Fire Breath?
I'd like it if it were controllable so that we could use it in a manner similar to how Charizard used it in SSB and SSBM (that is, with his head rotating from right to left), but I don't think we'll be seeing that happen...

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Charizard ! =P That or I'll make him the best!

but seriously, a (hopefully) heavy character that can glide back to the stage....O_o it's insane

I really want to see how they incorparate his wings + tail into his moveset too

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I wonder what will happen to Charizard in the water. I mean, it's said that if his tail flame goes out, he dies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Or he could be a unique Charizard that keeps his tail out of the water =P. Better explanation is none of the characters are the actual characters since they are all trophies, so a Charizard trophy wouldn't have his fire taken out by water.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should we have separate Threads for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard in this Pokemon Trainer room?
Only after playing them and it's possible that people can "Main a Squirtle" or etc.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Do you think people will be crafty enough to find effective work arounds for the whole stamina thing? Mathematically speaking, if one could figure out the maximum amount of time that one of the Pokémon could be out and still be effective, and the minimum amount of time that same one could be not being used, they could still end up using THAT one more than the others, or possibly, nigh exclusively. Maybe. I guess it all depends on the mechanics of the stamina that we've yet to hear specific details about.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Do you think people will be crafty enough to find effective work arounds for the whole stamina thing? Mathematically speaking, if one could figure out the maximum amount of time that one of the Pokémon could be out and still be effective, and the minimum amount of time that same one could be not being used, they could still end up using THAT one more than the others, or possibly, nigh exclusively. Maybe. I guess it all depends on the mechanics of the stamina that we've yet to hear specific details about.
Pretty much. Regardless I'm going to try my best to make PT worthy :p

jbakajustin

Smash Rookie
Pondering

I wonder what is going to happen when kirby sucks in one of the three, yeah the move is easy to imply. But im wondering about the shape kirby would take, haha imagine kirby with a squirtle shell.

jbakajustin

Smash Rookie
I wonder what will happen to Charizard in the water. I mean, it's said that if his tail flame goes out, he dies.
.. i dont remember charizard dying becuase of that

i know charmander does, but charizard is to buff/the greatest pokemon ever
so i dont know

but it would be something to think about

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am thinking that Squirtle might be on of the best out of the trio for getting kills. His water attacks could provide high KO power, although low attack power. I can see Squirtle being nimble with average speed, light weight, low percentage attacks, but nice KO moves and fairly useful specials.

Charizard might have the most damage inflicting attacks. But I see him as very laggy and slow. His main strengths will be survival. Heavy weight with gliding. Mostly used as the last leg of the team.

Ivysaur I see as the average guy with range. Pretty decent all around and a good buffer between Squirtle and Charizard.

So Squirtle might gain a cheap KO (but give the opponent a way to gain a fast KO due to limited weight), then Ivy will come along for a fair fight, and then Charizard will try to go for a kill or put on damage before he is knocked off.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Just a quick thought, but how the crap are we gonna place him on the tier list. With stamina and switching going on, is he gonna be ranked as one character or all three?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Just a quick thought, but how the crap are we gonna place him on the tier list. With stamina and switching going on, is he gonna be ranked as one character or all three?
Sheik and Zelda were seperate on the tier list, but it's different because then they looked at only sheik on her own, or zelda on her own. One of these pokemon on their own is nothing, because they need to be switched, so I don't know. Maybe they won't consider the stamina when looking at the tier list?

Top Bottom