• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I agree, chances are he's going to try and cram in as much characters as he can before the Japan release. Otherwise it'll ruin the surprise for everyone cause they'll all be on the Internet within 24 hours.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unlockables will probably be revealed after the release.

Or, like, just before the Japanese release.
The Japanese are probably getting more characters than us or something...that's why our release day is earlier...think about it...after the game comes out here updates will appear only on the Japanese site...characters that we don't have...

EPX2

Smash Ace
The Japanese are probably getting more characters than us or something...that's why our release day is earlier...think about it...after the game comes out here updates will appear only on the Japanese site...characters that we don't have...
... the rumor is that the Japanese release date is in November. o_O

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Wouldn't it be interesting if you can choose the name for Pokemon Trainer, just like in the actual Pokemon games?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
still waiting to see if I was right, and the female trainer is indeed an alt costume...actually, you notice that they haven't revealed anything about alternate costumes at all?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Tee hee, no voice "speaks" for alternate costuuuuuuuumes! *grooves*

So, ermm.....

Squirtle's up-b lasts for a while and looks pretty **** cool+cute.
Ivy's Bullet Seed looks pretty fast and thus useful.
And Charizard is Charizard.

...okay, there hasn't been a lot in there for the PT fans, but it's still cool enough to see them in motion at all, ne?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Figures they'd keep Pokemon Trainer out of the demo...*shakes fist* Whhhhyyyyyy must they deprive me?! =_=

And I will continue to be stubborn and insist that Red will not change at all. Just colours.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be hard at all to have many different alternate costumes for Pokemon Trainer, I mean the guy just stands in the background >.> so I bet there will be an alt Girl Pokemon trainer costume (also PT is a very generic name, could be girl/boy/Mewtwo)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think that the Pokémon Trainer will be selectable in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Demo at E For All? I hope so, so someone can record a video of a match using him, and use Charizard as much as possible.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Does anyone think that the Pokémon Trainer will be selectable in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Demo at E For All? I hope so, so someone can record a video of a match using him, and use Charizard as much as possible.
I believe that will be the case.

No, SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!

But my Charizard is totally fabulous.....

*waits to see if anyone picks up on the references*
You fool!

MY HAIR believes that fire is overrated!

Screw the rules of physics, water is better!
Both of you win.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pokemon Trainer wasn't playable in the demo a few days ago... What makes you think that will change for E for All? Something tells me it'll be the same exact thing there.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Well, as I assume you saw in the Smash Bros. Dojo website update yesterday, he goes on to debate whether he should have Sonic playable in the demo at E For All, so that leads me to believe it may be slightly different from the demo a few days ago.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, as I assume you saw in the Smash Bros. Dojo website update yesterday, he goes on to debate whether he should have Sonic playable in the demo at E For All, so that leads me to believe it may be slightly different from the demo a few days ago.
"The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable."

Yeah, I really found that odd myself. Seems like it could be different this time.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
That might be a reference for people that don't know about the demo that has already been going around... although I would assume people who visit the Dojo visit other sites as well and would have seen the demo videos by now.

Intriguing, nonetheless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why, it had Sonic in it...

...I bet it's going to be the same thing

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!

It may say version (probably cause it isn't finished yet so it's incomplete) but do you see "demo" anywhere? I didn't think so

Sinn

Smash Lord
Sonic does indeed seem to sound like he'll be unlockable. Sakurai posted reservations about having him playable at E4All...probably for that reason. But since people know he's going to be in the game, there's little reason to NOT let people try him out (unless he's not well balanced yet).

Maybe PT is unlockable too. Man...I would love to have him from the get go. I wanna try out that crazy control scheme as soon as possible D= However, I think that Zelda wasn't playable only because of Sheik and not wanting to either show him yet or show the fact that he's not connected to her moveset anymore, whichever they decided to do. It's a biiiiiiig secret.

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward to playing as Pokemon Trainer, seeing as Squirtle was one of my most wanted characters. It's a shame he won't be in the demo, as I want to see video of him in battle and such.

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
Indeed. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy playing as Charizard. I mean, Charizard is a pretty popular Pokemon and many people chose Charmander as their starting Pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow. Of course, in the end, we'll all be playing Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard seeing as we need to switch them out on occasions. =)

EPX2

Smash Ace
Everybody who's been announced except for the third-party characters will more than likely be starting characters.

Sinn

Smash Lord
PT is on the cover of the game so I'm guessing he'll be a starter.
That's a good point...of course, I suppose they could still change that now that the game is being pushed back and all. Anything can happen.

Still, PT is hella awesome.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Yah. PT is going to be unique to use. I'm wondering if he's going to be voiced hehe or even be able to move in the background <_< I also want Female trainer alt costume..that'll be <3

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It was never confirmed as the official box art. It really doesn't seem Smash-like to me anyway.
It's too generic, no scenery, which is a focus point for Sakurai for this game.

Pokemon Trainer will be like IC's in Melee, the starting character who is "WTF" and unique enough that you have to question yourself why this character wasn't an unlockable.

Top Bottom