• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Didn't see the Drifloon, my bad. I guess there is opporitunity for Lucario. :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pichu was put in because there wasn't enough time to make better characters.

I could be wrong, as that's possibly nothing more then a rumor... but I can only hope that it's actually a fact, because I would be very disappointed if Pichu and Dr. Mario got in because Sakurai wanted them in. o_o

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Melee was released after Gold/Silver/Crystal, though.

I'm thinking that Sakurai was looking for characters that would be clone material, and what better then Pikachu's pre-evolution?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Melee was released after Gold/Silver/Crystal, though.

I'm thinking that Sakurai was looking for characters that would be clone material, and what better then Pikachu's pre-evolution?
...Raichu...

rayecho

Smash Ace
i dont think pichu was supposed to be in the game at all. i think it was one of those characters that were in the pile, but didn't get picked for the actual game. dr. mario however was a weird choice because he had his own brand of games, which didn't make him some random selection.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Raichu is definitely not very popular. The number of anime episodes that had him as a main character can be counted on one hand, and he's not in a lot of merchandise. Pichu on the other hand has appeared in a lot of anime episodes and TV specials (especially the one for that Gamecube release, Pokemon Channel) and he has tons of merchandise too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Raichu is definitely not very popular. The number of anime episodes that had him as a main character can be counted on one hand, and he's not in a lot of merchandise. Pichu on the other hand has appeared in a lot of anime episodes and TV specials (especially the one for that Gamecube release, Pokemon Channel) and he has tons of merchandise too.
That's because most merchandise and such is based off the crappy anime...

Pokemon anime sucks

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
neither was pichu
I don't know about Pichu's popularity, but as Yukiwarashi stated, there's a lot of Pichu merchandise and he was featured in the anime a lot more.

The anime may suck, but if it didn't exist Pikachu and Jigglypuff wouldn't have ever made it into the Super Smash Bros. series.

rayecho

Smash Ace
I don't know about Pichu's popularity, but as Yukiwarashi stated, there's a lot of Pichu merchandise and he was featured in the anime a lot more.

The anime may suck, but if it didn't exist Pikachu and Jigglypuff wouldn't have ever made it into the Super Smash Bros. series.
good point.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Pika is the starter for Ash in the Anime BECAUSE it was the most popular one from when Pokemon Red/Blue where released in Japan. Thats why it's the mascot. The anime only reflected what was popular in the pokemon bang (Thats why it was between Meowth/ Jpuff and Pika for the "Main character" spot. Pika won and is now used as the official Mascot for Pokemon).

Really, the anime is only a by-product of what was popular. Before it came out Pika was already being pushed more than the other 150 Pokemon.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
i think that b/c the pokemon trainer is in that cuts down the chances of another pokemon character getting in b/c technically there are already 4 of them (pikachu+ trainers' ones) and sakurai might use that as a reason to not put in anymore.

Black/Light

Smash Master
i think that b/c the pokemon trainer is in that cuts down the chances of another pokemon character getting in b/c technically there are already 4 of them (pikachu+ trainers' ones) and sakurai might use that as a reason to not put in anymore.
I argee. . . personally I think that if Mew 2 and Jpuff return that we will only get one more new pokey.(IF Pichu leaves)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
There are some people that didn't think that 4th generation pokemon would be represented in Brawl because of several reasons. But Monday's update blows that theory out of the water. Personally, I think this is a point in Lucario's favor. Not only are 4th generation Pokemon in the game, but Lucario's only real 4th gen competition, Munchlax, has been confirmed as just a pokeball summon.

Good times for Lucario fans as some light shines our way with this update.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually Thursday's update had Drifloon in it... So it wasn't today's update that showed that fourth generation Pokemon will make an appearance.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
ah, in the pokemon stadium arena?

in that case, great anyway.

On that note..

I also saw Skarmory there. So, fortunately, all 4 generations will be represented somehow in this game(though whether a 2nd/4th gen playable character will appear is, of course, still up in the air).

Black/Light

Smash Master
This actually only shows that 4th gen pokemon will be, at the very least, Pokeyballs and back ground summons. If anything this makes it seem like Sakurai doesn't care if something is "Popular" seeing as Munch was a fav of Japan and Deoxy was popular in both areas (US Japan).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon-Z for Brawl...with Munchlax gone, only Lucario has to be taken out and it's sure fire win (For him)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
This actually only shows that 4th gen pokemon will be, at the very least, Pokeyballs and back ground summons. If anything this makes it seem like Sakurai doesn't care if something is "Popular" seeing as Munch was a fav of Japan and Deoxy was popular in both areas (US Japan).
Or more it just shows that Munchlax probably isn't worth making a movelist for compared to other pokemon candidates.

and we don't need Deoxys if we have Mewtwo, when it comes right down to it he's merely a space Mewtwo.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lucario omg yay. Munchlax was the only other 4th gen pokemon in the running and look what happend. Lucario for Brawl ^_^

-Knight
I guess... the running of this forum. Maybe not in Sakurai's mind, though. Hell, he may not even want a 4th gen rep in at all. Now I'm not going to go all _the_sandman here and start shoving that as a fact (because it isn't.)

It's just, it's still possible that Lucario may not be playable. The only thing that was confirmed in this update is Munchlax as a Pokeball, not the many assumptions that people get from it.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
But Lucario has been plastered over a ****load of merchandise, so Nintendo seems to be fans of it as well. My Lucario PokeDoll says hi.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
It's just, it's still possible that Lucario may not be playable. The only thing that was confirmed in this update is Munchlax as a Pokeball, not the many assumptions that people get from it.
It is of course very possible for Lucario to be a pokeball. But certain factors that were AGAINST Lucario being playable(like Deoxys and Munchlax) were eliminated as well, which also increased his possibility in BEING playable.

It can go either way, and I will not be surprised if Lucario doesn't make it in, but if he does, it would also make sense.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Tomorrow's update:

Newcomer:
Lopunny.

I don't usually indulge in schadenfreude, but the look on the faces of all Lucario fans would simply be priceless.
Of course, Lucario is a decent choice and I kinda support him, if mostly to appease his fans.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i want Lucario to make it in. i probably wont be too disappointed if hes not in because i dont own a DS so i cant play D/P...n i havent seen all of the movie with him. i only want him in because hes so popular and judging from his attacks ive seen he looks like his moves could kickass (trying not to be one of those "Lucario should be in because his dreads get me horny" people)
right about Muchlax tho. for a Pokemon thats supposed to be popular, his Pokeball seems to downgrade him...like what happened with Toad O_o i really hope this doesnt lower Lucario's chances tho...
oh n PyrasTerran: u said this a while ago, but i see Deoxys and Mewtwo differently. sure theyre both technically from space (Deoxys being a space DNA thing whereas Mewtwo=clone of a space cat Pokemon) Deoxys' moveset wouldve involved changing between the speed, attack, defense, and normal forms, with that Hyper Beam it kept using in its movie against Rayquaza. Its FS couldve the two Deoxys doing some hella strong attack or something. i was really disappointed to see it got Pokeballd when i joined SWF...
Mewtwo i see differently, with dark psychic attacks that doesnt change into any forms but talks...just wanted to say...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i want Lucario to make it in. i probably wont be too disappointed if hes not in because i dont own a DS so i cant play D/P...n i havent seen all of the movie with him. i only want him in because hes so popular and judging from his attacks ive seen he looks like his moves could kickass (trying not to be one of those "Lucario should be in because his dreads get me horny" people)
right about Muchlax tho. for a Pokemon thats supposed to be popular, his Pokeball seems to downgrade him...like what happened with Toad O_o i really hope this doesnt lower Lucario's chances tho...
oh n PyrasTerran: u said this a while ago, but i see Deoxys and Mewtwo differently. sure theyre both technically from space (Deoxys being a space DNA thing whereas Mewtwo=clone of a space cat Pokemon) Deoxys' moveset wouldve involved changing between the speed, attack, defense, and normal forms, with that Hyper Beam it kept using in its movie against Rayquaza. Its FS couldve the two Deoxys doing some hella strong attack or something. i was really disappointed to see it got Pokeballd when i joined SWF...
Mewtwo i see differently, with dark psychic attacks that doesnt change into any forms but talks...just wanted to say...
You just want Lucario in because he's popular? ...right...

Deoxys has nothing on Mewtwo. Mewtwo doesn't need to change forms because he's the most powerful overall, and Deoxys can't CHANGE forms in game. You catch each seperately...they basically are 4 different pokemon with the same name and look similar but have different stats and attacks.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
You just want Lucario in because he's popular? ...right...

Deoxys has nothing on Mewtwo. Mewtwo doesn't need to change forms because he's the most powerful overall, and Deoxys can't CHANGE forms in game. You catch each seperately...they basically are 4 different pokemon with the same name and look similar but have different stats and attacks.
Deoxys can change forms in D/P.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
that and i think Lucario would be a good addition to Brawl because his attacks are cool IMO (i think i said that)
n yea i know Deoxys couldnt really change forms, but it would be cool (i based that off the movie of course) i mean Mewtwo never talked in the games did it? (not too sure on that one but w/e) Jiggz rest is supposed to heal it and wakes up two turns after, but in Smash its a onehit KO (usually). thats wut i mean by Deoxys changing. n of course it has nothing on Mewtwo. its Mewtwo dude. it had like the best evil laugh in Smash hahaha (whoops *Mewtwo evil laugh*)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I guess... the running of this forum. Maybe not in Sakurai's mind, though. Hell, he may not even want a 4th gen rep in at all. Now I'm not going to go all _the_sandman here and start shoving that as a fact (because it isn't.)

Well my biggest fear would be to have Munchlax playable; I thought Sakurai would make the silly choice of making that pokemon playable. However it seems to be that Sakurai is taking the fans advice/wishes to heart; As the most popular pokemon of D/P (I can't say about overall popularity but I still know he ranks high up there) Sakurai has a choice to make. Either make him a pokeball pokemon and dissapoint many fans like Deoxys.

Now Lucario isn't 100% confirmed; but I really think that the Pokemon franchise will get another rep. Now that Deoxys and Munchlax is deconfirmed. Who else if left to take the spot? Lucario seems to be the obvious answer because of his popularity; the way Nintendo is representing/hyping Lucario up.

It's possible that Lucario may not be playable; but I have my hope that he will become playable.

-Knight

Mike966

Smash Cadet
OK now thatg munchlax was anounced as a pokeball, lucario's chances have increades even more, personally I want him to be in brawl, but I don't want him to be in mew2's place, mew2 > lucario!!

*cries* I think I'll just die if Lucario gets into brawl... I hate that pokemon soo much... Why did he have to make Munchlax a pokeball pokemon?!?!

Top Bottom