• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Flygon doesn't suck though.

Levitate + Dragon/Ground gives him nice resistances and makes him laugh at entry hazards.

EDIT: The post above me is amazing.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Then, if Flygon gets Swords Dance and/or Dragon Dance, it'll be somewhat ridiculous.

Gamefreak is going to do that, I swear they will.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I never played back when Garchomp was in OU. I wish I had so I could see how broken he really was. The stories don't fill the desire to see D:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I facepalmed when i first saw garchomp in OU. It's good that hes uber

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I never played back when Garchomp was in OU. I wish I had so I could see how broken he really was. The stories don't fill the desire to see D:
One SD meant your doom if you didn't have something powerful enough to OHKO it. Most of the time, you didn't due to his stupid defenses.

And my god, Sand Storm was so ridiculous with Chomp. One miss = GG

Pete278

Smash Lord
I ran Cloyster, purely to counter Chomp. It worked pretty well (read as: hilarious against scrubs, bad against anyone who knew what they were doing, dies to SR) at countering YacheChomps, and I still don't really think Chomp deserves to be Uber, but meh. Such is life.

Well, I'd rather not stumble into a Garchomp every other match I play, especially in Sandstorm teams, which are quite viable with popular OU's already.

So any predictions for the placement of any 5th gen starters?

The croc looks like a sweeping potential version of Hippowdon, with in interesting set for an ability, possibly. The grass starter might be based on speed, similarly to Sceptile, but may focus on leading...

What about the others?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Kyogre usage will go up, up, up.

You have a Fire/Dragon that NEEDS to have his power nerfed by Rain, and an Electric/Dragon with STAB Thunder that wants to be abused.

Kyogre will be all over the place.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think the pig will be a defensive pokemon. Unless it evolves into a boar, then it'll be a physical attacker.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Lol you want something cute, not ferocious? I'd settle for that too, something like a mix of Mamoswine/Donphan with a smile? Or maybe I still fail to understand you. =[

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^ Lol you want something cute, not ferocious? I'd settle for that too, something like a mix of Mamoswine/Donphan with a smile? Or maybe I still fail to understand you. =[
Yes this

I don't want something so ugly like Ganon (btw, I think the OoT ganon is even uglier).

Make it look good please.

I mean final starter forms are either:

A)Cute
B)Cool
C)Sly
D)Epic

Ganon would not fall under that

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Well Ganon is supposed to be ugly, for storyline reasons. Wisdom, wisdom comes off as a pretty element. (Zelda..don't say she isn't hot) Link is courage, which shouldn't be ugly either. Power is grotesque when used wrong, and corrupts the body and soul. (I'm not hardcore Zelda so I may be way off, but that is my guess)

And yeah, I think Mamoswine is adorable, despite the hate he gets. A Starter with that cute appeal would be nice. It's hard to make a pig/hog sly or epic, so it'll either be cute... or give off the "cool" feeling Donphan does. Sorry, but I love me some Donphan.

Edit: And since Ganon isn't supposed to be pretty to look at, I always felt OoT's was the better, but that is irrelevant.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^ Well Ganon is supposed to be ugly, for storyline reasons. Wisdom, wisdom comes off as a pretty element. (Zelda..don't say she isn't hot) Link is courage, which shouldn't be ugly either. Power is grotesque when used wrong, and corrupts the body and soul. (I'm not hardcore Zelda so I may be way off, but that is my guess)

And yeah, I think Mamoswine is adorable, despite the hate he gets. A Starter with that cute appeal would be nice. It's hard to make a pig/hog sly or epic, so it'll either be cute... or give off the "cool" feeling Donphan does. Sorry, but I love me some Donphan.
I dunno, this starter could look cute. I mean look at the other starter's final forms:

Charizard = Epic
Blastoise = Cool
Venusaur = Cute
Typhlosion = Sly
Feraligatr = Epic
Meganium = Cute
Swampert = Cool
Sceptile = Sly
Blaziken = Epic
Infernape = Cool
Empoleon = Sly
Torterra = Cool

We obviously need an influx of final cute starters

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

What are you talking about? It's adorable
If you thank that is adorable...I bet when you see hot actresses and etc you go crazy with emotions. I mean.. if you really think that is adorable, I don't know man... I'm worried about you. <.< In the friendly way, of course.

You get cool points for saying Charizard is epic though. I bred a Modest 30/X/27/31/28/31 (something like that) just cause I love him

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I don't mind SR actually. My team is pretty resistant against SR.
That's because your team doesn't have Charizard.

...it doesn't have Charizard, does it?

But what I want to know is what's the big deal with 'Goon's Scizor'. I got one for myself out of sheer curiosity and it doesn't seem so special. What's the big deal? If it was a Crown Beast I would've known why they were wanted, but Scizor?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
As far as I can tell, the only requirement for a Fire starter is that its final form be able to be bipedal.

In other news, I'm going to name Reshiram "Lucifer." Because it's a light bringer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pokémon are cartoon characters (usually animals). They can all be cute. Or cool. It really doesn't matter.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
As far as I can tell, the only requirement for a Fire starter is that its final form be able to be bipedal.

In other news, I'm going to name Reshiram "Lucifer." Because it's a light bringer.
I really can't see a bipedal pig pokemon to tell the truth

inb4grumpig

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Kyogre usage will go up, up, up.

You have a Fire/Dragon that NEEDS to have his power nerfed by Rain, and an Electric/Dragon with STAB Thunder that wants to be abused.

Kyogre will be all over the place.
And Groudon, who will want to stop Zekrom from firing off Thunders all willy nilly while also making Reshiram a ****** at shooting flames.

Although when I look at Zekrom, I see a predominately physical attacker. So I'm kinda really curious about what it's going to get that'll as a signature move that will make it worth using the likely huge physical stat.

EDIT: Scratch that kinda. I just saw its 'sprite' and they make it look a lot more like a special attacker than they do in its big picture.

What are you talking about? It's adorable
I completely agree.

But then again, I think Munna is like the most adorable little thing ever. So my opinion may not be all that great, depending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom