• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's not octopi, it's octopuses, I'll keep educating people until they get it ****it.

Octopi is when youre talking about the multiple families of the Octopus order.
If you're talking about more of the species in general it's octopuses.
This is the rule when talking bout octopuses, octopedes is only greek and makes you look intelligent if the other person isn't well educated on the subject.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone surprised B/W got no E3 coverage? I'm mixed, I expected nothing but I was hoping something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There may be more revealed on the game on the E3 floor. Remember, Nintendo still hasn't officially annoucned Zelda: OoT 3DS remake. There's still a lot of time left for Nintendo to unveil new ****.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
See Roach, I was too, but I didn't expect it. I knew Metroid: Other M would get some footage due to it's release being soon. Being a break away from the recent FPS mold, it was coming. Also, Zelda/3DS were 100% for sure there as well. This leaves room for Retro (Donkey Kong) All that out of the way, Kirby/DQ/Mickey/Golden Sun/Goldeneye was left. I expected Goldeneye, and that is it. The other slots could have contained Pokemon, but a large part of me doubted it. Needless to say, what they showed was awesome.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Anyone surprised B/W got no E3 coverage? I'm mixed, I expected nothing but I was hoping something.
Nintendo was too busy showing other amazing stuff. Besides, Nintendo has unveiled stuff after their conference like the picture of Zelda:SS last year.

RATED

Smash Lord
I've only ever ran into shinies twice in my life

Once I was on my Sapphire in the middle of the tower to get Rayquaza when I encountered a shiny Sableye (looooooool gold = pimping) and the other time it was a shiny Poochyena in my Emerald rom, where I just literally threw my laptop out the window out of how pissed I was that I find it on a rom when I was begging my SS to give me one >_>

And I don't trade shinies. They take all the fun out of the pokemon if you ask me.

You know what they should do? Maybe something akin to the shiny/pokerus event. I don't know, perhaps a different sized pokemon or something?
yo, I got a SHINY Feebas in Pokemon Ruby. I almost cried of happiness that day :) it was epic as hell.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The lack of promised B&W coverage is disappointing, but you just never know.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey, me here, the first guy to propose the possibility that the legendaries would be Dragon/Fire Dragon/Lighting, well, I've got another one or two predictions.

the ability Tera Bolt will allow Zek to his ground types for neutral damage. Terra means earth.

This one I'm unsure about, but I believe that the region will either be Kanto or the top half of Tohoku. It could be either based on its geography.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
CRASHiC, we already know that the region is Isshu.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Isshu Region looks amazing. I love how they have completely different types of terrain throughout the whole region - desert, mountain, ocean.
I do too, But couldnt they have....blended it a little better. It looks like they got a grassy area, slapped on a pic of a mountain, slapped on a desert, and put a city right on top.

also, als=most symmetrical region is blegh.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's "TeraVoltage" not "TerraVoltage"

Tera is a different prefix from Terra, Tera is 1 trillion, so TeraVoltage is, literally- "1 trillion volts"

Edit: FFFF not reading new posts fff

Wrath`

Smash Master
Watch Teravolt add a 30% chance of paralysis to all of his attacks. Then he'd be the pseudo jirachi of the Uber's tier with HAX

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its probably just an adaptability boost for Thunder and Fire attacks.

You can't help but wonder what the fire Monkey's ability does.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can't help but wonder what the fire Monkey's ability does.
You mean what Encourage does?

They've translated it to "Increases the power of moves but removes their secondary effects"

Wrath`

Smash Master

They've translated it to "Increases the power of moves but removes their secondary effects"

Don't all fire attacks have a chance of burn? Flamethrower and Fire Blast will be beast on this thing even if it is just a 10 power boost 95-->105 120-->130

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Wow, that sounds great. So far we've got a new Electric Attacker with a powerful new attack, a powerful fire pokemon, and a dangerous ground pokemon. Looks like the dominance of Steel Types may becoming to an end.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nah, Agiligross will always be good.

Unless they make a Fire-type Porygon-Z with special Fire Priority, but even at that you'll have OCCAGILIGROSS

Wrath`

Smash Master
We need an ability that allows you take the opponets item if you have none currently equipped., that would be cool to screw with leads.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
We need damage items. Fireflux >.> When your pokemon is hit by fire type move, the attacking mosnter loses 25%. Be epic =D

They'd be a one time only, of course.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait, does Trick work if the foe doesn't have an item?

EDIT: Thief is gimmicky, rite
You could, but I don't think you'd want to stay itemless

Unless you're really lucky and you get your opponent locked in a really ****ty move because you gave them a choice item :laugh:

But even then they just switch out, so I don't think that's still a wise choice

DZLE

Smash Master
Pretty excited for Black and White.
I haven't been looking up too much on it yet, because I kind of want there to be more info so I have more to be surprised about.

Although a lot may not be that surprising.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
They need to mess around and make the most broken pokemon ever.

Whatever it's name is
Ability : Gaze (Pokemon who attacks this pokemon faints)
Stats: 200/150/100/100/100/80

>_>

PowerBomb

Smash Master
They need to mess around and make the most broken pokemon ever.

Whatever it's name is
Ability : Gaze (Pokemon who attacks this pokemon faints)
Stats: 200/150/100/100/100/80

>_>
Actually, that was the original concept for Garchomp, but Gamefreak realized they were still money-hungry and toned him down a bit.

So, Crown Pokemon Events. I want those shiny beasts. And Goon's Scizor, for the lulz.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Actually, that was the original concept for Garchomp, but Gamefreak realized they were still money-hungry and toned him down a bit.

So, Crown Pokemon Events. I want those shiny beasts. And Goon's Scizor, for the lulz.
If they wanted to make garchomp so good then why give him a type set that gets so badly ***** by ice?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bar the 4x Ice weakness, Dragon/Ground is an amazing, amazing defensive type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom