• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Presents @ BRAWLAPALOOZA 3 @ -Miami , FL-10.4.08(OP Updated)

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Btw what's with a lot of MKs I see Dsmashing twice in a row even if they miss the first time? I don't get that.
It's because in a lot of cases it works. You'll see me doing it, because for some reason people seem to think that if one misses, then they can totally go up and just punish me for my lagless attack. . .so I just dsmash again and they get annihilated. There's really little to no reason not to against most people. The chances of you getting punished for doing another is very small, since people won't wanna risk getting hit by a 3rd.

1 of 3 inevitable things about Brawl: Meta Knight's dsmash.

Stay tuned for episode 2: Snake's utilt.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I usually just punish that method with DK's DownB. :/

But then again it's futile to talk anti-MK strategies at this point since it seems like he's really getting the banhammer soon enough. New Orleans monthlies are already banning MK and I'm hearing that some parts of Texas are doing the same thing.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
That's because they're all *******. Hope they enjoy their tournaments being run by Dedede now. Then they'll ban Dedede, and then Snake will be over powered, and next thing you know, we just have to ban every character but C. Falcon, the game and the tiers really aren't fair to him, ya know :[

I don't think Florida is going to ban MK at least, there are a few people who want him banned, but for the most part we seem to have a state full of people whose ******* don't hurt, which is nice to see.

The places that are banning MK, I hope they enjoy being so far behind the metagame that they can't even compete in tournaments out of state, because that's all that's going to come out of it. It's never going to be mutually decided that EVERYWHERE should ban MK, so those kids are just going to be confined to their baby tournaments, because even though WE ALL know how to deal with a B spam Meta Knight, the tactic will still work wonders on kids like them.

In the end, they're only hurting themselves, and personally, I say let them.

/soap box

Leh

Smash Ace
MK has even matchups with so many characters how could he possibly be banned.

Let people ban him, i dont care. They all fvcking suck.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Italy actually didn't ban MK. It was just a poll asking people if they wanted him banned and it was mireported and blown waaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

Dalviny26

Smash Rookie
Hey its the new guy in the block just register today.... : ]

I missed the last tourney bcuz of stupid reasons (lack of info)
I was wonderin when is there goin to be another ssbb tourney in miami lakes?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Hey its the new guy in the block just register today.... : ]

I missed the last tourney bcuz of stupid reasons (lack of info)
I was wonderin when is there goin to be another ssbb tourney in miami lakes?
no time soon, expect one in september, they seem to always have a tourney once a month...

if not maybe every two months.
this venue is a real great venue and it'd be nice if they hosted tourneys more often!

Dalviny26

Smash Rookie
ohh...well i guess for now imma just train a couple of times a week until a tourney comes up
not much of a gamer but i sure can kick azz in brawl...lol

im out peace

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have been a bit busy with school so I havnt had much time to research a good date for a tourny. Any one can recommend a good date (One that is not taken.) Also, I was wondering hoe successful a Supersmash weekend would be in S.FL. Ex: Brawl Singles double on Saturday and Melee Sinlge Doubles on Sunday (I know we would need Tube TV's for Melee.). Also, they are willing to do any variation. like Brawl and Melee Sinlges Saturday and Brawl and Melee Doubles Sunday. Any input plz.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hey, I have been a bit busy with school so I havnt had much time to research a good date for a tourny. Any one can recommend a good date (One that is not taken.) Also, I was wondering hoe successful a Supersmash weekend would be in S.FL. Ex: Brawl Singles double on Saturday and Melee Sinlge Doubles on Sunday (I know we would need Tube TV's for Melee.). Also, they are willing to do any variation. like Brawl and Melee Sinlges Saturday and Brawl and Melee Doubles Sunday. Any input plz.
all of november saturdays are taken, except for nov. 22nd, which is right now a "maybe" by ruuku.

nevershootme

Smash Master
a supersmash weekend... sounds like you really want a 100 person tournament lol...

your idea for brawl and melee singles on one day and doubles on sunday, sounds a lil iffy since who would really come on sunday (points back to august). If it was held during winter break then i might see it as feasible.

in july for FAST I: they had a 4 day smash fest with both days for melee and brawl each (singles and doubles).

As far as tube tv's go. you may have to move the shelves around the store to make room for the tubes.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I want chairs. I used to not care much for standing but I was exhausted as **** near the end of this tourney from standing up so much.

Top Bottom