• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
I just found this and it looks really cool. My computer's broken, so I haven't tested your build yet.
But I noticed Makise Kurisu was removed for the 3.5 version, and was sad. Is there a good history of your past versions? I really liked your CSP for Makise Kurisu.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I just found this and it looks really cool. My computer's broken, so I haven't tested your build yet.
But I noticed Makise Kurisu was removed for the 3.5 version, and was sad. Is there a good history of your past versions? I really liked your CSP for Makise Kurisu.
She will be added back later!

I keep falling through the stage for no reason. it's really hard to play on.
I won't be removing it because I really like the stage and haven't found those issues yet. It's a fun party stage and not meant for competition.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So 3.5 added a new feature to the launcher that lets you toggle content packs on and off, and I wanted to ask if I could have your permission to make Patt Edition compatible with it and upload it.

I wanted to make it for myself anyways, and thought I'd ask if I could upload it here and save you or anyone else the trouble.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So 3.5 added a new feature to the launcher that lets you toggle content packs on and off, and I wanted to ask if I could have your permission to make Patt Edition compatible with it and upload it.

I wanted to make it for myself anyways, and thought I'd ask if I could upload it here and save you or anyone else the trouble.
Sure! Just send it to me via PM. I only want official versions of my pack available to the public to avoid confusion. Also, in the PM, would you mind explaining me what exactly your doing so I can take note of it? I like knowing everything that's going on in my pack in case of freezes and such.

Thanks for doing this! What exactly will this do again?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sure! Just send it to me via PM. I only want official versions of my pack available to the public to avoid confusion. Also, in the PM, would you mind explaining me what exactly your doing so I can take note of it? I like knowing everything that's going on in my pack in case of freezes and such.

Thanks for doing this! What exactly will this do again?
It'll let you switch between Patt Edition and standard Project M (or pretty much any other mods you put on there) directly from the launcher, instead of having to swap the files manually on your computer every time you want to change something.

Also sure thing, I'll link you to the reddit post where they talked about it.

Icero93

Smash Rookie
Pat can you do a big favor for my fellow dolphin players and make a ISO file already modded to your version ?? Ive been using theyaths build to play but the hype is so strong in your version I just want it haha it be GREAT if you could link to ISO file or something :"}

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Pat can you do a big favor for my fellow dolphin players and make a ISO file already modded to your version ?? Ive been using theyaths build to play but the hype is so strong in your version I just want it haha it be GREAT if you could link to ISO file or something :"}
Aside from the legal issues of me linking an ISO i actually have had no luck making a prebuilt ISO work sorry!

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Can you upload & direct-link the character select screen by itself? I've downloaded the pack before (it just wouldn't unzip).

Ok I guess nevermind then.

Last edited:

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
It'll let you switch between Patt Edition and standard Project M (or pretty much any other mods you put on there) directly from the launcher, instead of having to swap the files manually on your computer every time you want to change something.

Also sure thing, I'll link you to the reddit post where they talked about it.
Once you do this, could you possibly tell me how to do it as well? I would love the ability to switch out builds using the launcher. I love Patt's build but it would be great to be able to switch to stock here and there too; without having to hassle with my computer.

Grapesoda

Smash Rookie
Hey there Patt
Is it possible to expand the number of maps like in your previous builds?
Really sucks to have only 42 Stages after having so much before hehe

Just saw the post before me >.<

Last edited:

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
If anyone successfully enables Patt's build as an add-on for the launcher and posts it here (with Patt's permission of course), that would be awesome!

NackJicholson

Smash Rookie
NNID
NackJicholson
I got this and it works great but for some reason didn't get the extra maps and the costumes work but they don't appear on the character select when I try to preview them, only in game. any help?

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
Man with this pack, this is the best fighting game I ever played in my whole entire life. I really been having countless fun playing it! Thank you so much Patt! You really are the man of the century!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I got this and it works great but for some reason didn't get the extra maps and the costumes work but they don't appear on the character select when I try to preview them, only in game. any help?
Try redownloading and making sure to format your card. I have lots of helpful videos on the front page for you!

dokoham

Smash Rookie
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why remove the red one?

i really want to play blue vs black vs silver vs red

imgur.com/a/0b0oR#8

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Dude... EXACT SAME SITUATION. :( There about $4.50 or so on Walmart's website though.
I don't know if you guys already picked yours up yet or not, but heads up that Walmart sells some card that are mislabed 4GB that are labaled as 2GB so they won't work, ******** got me when I tried to pick some up bout a month ago

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you guys already picked yours up yet or not, but heads up that Walmart sells some card that are mislabed 4GB that are labaled as 2GB so they won't work, *******s got me when I tried to pick some up bout a month ago
I posted about this a few pages back. I reported them to the store's manager but they still sell them. UGH

Try gamestop, people trade in Wii's and other consoles and the spare SD cards are resold.

Last edited:

Dorito Eubanks

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, is there anywhere I can find a full song list? You're current version in this thread only has it listed for the updated stages and the menu and I can't find the information from your old builds anymore.

I am looking to move some of your songs around / change some but the process is taking a long long time because I don't know what brstm file correlates to what song.

Thanks.

blvck

Smash Rookie

I would greatly appreciate if you did this. I have no clue as to how I can make it work from the addons function. :D

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Okay Patt, I sat down with a large group of friends and went through all the skins in 3.02 11b

List of skins in 3.02 PMPE that had hitboxes that were too small(SM) too large(LG) for tournament play. and skins they won't miss(WM):
-Wario (LG: Petey Pirhana,Helmaroc King,Homer)
-Mario (SM:Chao,NESMario, PACMAN)
-Luigi (SM:Master Roshi)
-Peach (SM:Amy Rose)
-Bowser (SM:Baby Bowser)
-Yoshi (SM:Lakitu)
-DK (All okay) (WM:Shadow Beast, beard robot)
-Diddy (SM:Ape Escape)
-C.Falcon (SM:Ken slightly smaller than normal)
-Wolf (LG:Ralph(Werewolf), General Scales)
-Fox (WM: Purple Fox with large head)
-Falco (LG:King Zant)
-IceClimbers (SM:Chao)
-Zelda (SM:Toon Zelda)
-Shiek (SM:Chibi Shiek)
-Link (all okay)
-Toon Link (all okay) (WM: Painter from Kirby64)
-GAnondorf (Happy Mask Salesmenn's backback is huge)
-Snake (error: Michael Jackson end-CSP is EVA01)
-Sonic (all okay)
-Olimar (all okay)
-ROB (Missingno, Magnet Pokemon, Plankton, Awesome-o, Klaptrap,Creeper, R2D2)
-Game&Watch (all good)
-Mewtwo (all Good)
-Lucario (all good)
-Pikachu (SM: Pichu, Light-blue pokemon)
-Jigglypuff (all good)
-Squirtle (SM:tiny light-blue pokemon with large round head, tiny green pokemon with yellow eyes)
-Ivysaur (LG:Venosaur)
-Charizard (all good)
-Samus (add MEtroid Other M Samus over RayMK2 Robot)
-Zero Suit Samus (all okay)
-Lucas (SM:Toadette, Sackboy)
-Ness (SM:Old Toad)
-Pitt (all okay)
-Kirby (all okay)
-Metaknight (all okay) (WM:Haunter)
-King DeDeDe (all okay)
-Ike (WM:guy w/red sunglasses)
-Marth (all okay)
-Roy (SM:Megatron)
List of original 3.5 Alt skins they want to stay:
Wario: Biker Wario
Mario: Dr Mario
Luigi: Mr L.
Peach: Evil Peach
DK: Boxing DK (brown)
C.Falcon: Alt Captain Falcon with Microphone
Fox: Original Melee Fox
Falco: Original Melee Falco
Ice Climbers: Bear Suit Alt
Zelda: Oot Zelda Alt
Sheik: Oot Sheik alt
Link: Green Oot Link Alt
Toon Link: Blue-Shirt Toon Link Alt
Ganondorf: OoT Ganodorf Alt
Pikachu: Ash Ketchum Hat Alt (with ears down)
Squirtle: Black Ninja Squirtle Alt
Charizard: Armored Alt
Samus: Fusion Suit Alt, Original Metroid Alt
Zero Suit Sams: Fusion Suit Alt, Original Metroid Alt(with pink suit/green hair)
Ike: New Alt Ike (in blue)
ROB: Virtual Boy Rob (red and black)
Snake: Big Boss
List of Skins they would like to see return in 3.5 PMPE's cBliss version:
Sonic:Silver and Shadow
Snake:Batman
Link:Red/White digimon with shield
List of new skins they would like to see:
Bowser: Smash4 Bowser over original bowser
Samus: Smash4 Samus(which is really Metroid: Other M" Samus)

I'll ask them again once brawl vault it back up.
so it seems Arko got Cbliss to work with 3.5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0zfFX_cMU&list=UUGzI6kRn_MFmh6YWdaJsN9w
just thought it might be useful information for you.
YESSSS!!!

Last edited:

Master Protocol

Smash Cadet
Hey Patt, I had 3.2 and it worked fine. I decided to save some of the textures from that version and copy them over the new ones in 3.5, and now the game won't load at all. It freezes before I even get to the cinematic opening video. Any idea on what to do? Thanks

M Murphy

Smash Rookie
Awesome news! I got your build working and, although I didn't hear any of the music, I played a couple rounds with different characters and it works (for now). I made an entirely separate dolphin for the custom build because my Netplay build must have been messing with the Project Pat Files and crashing it. Looking forward to CBliss with this!

Bug Found and Suggestion: Bowser Jr fluctuates in size when thrown. Also, it would be great to see a build like this but with only characters of regulation height. Playing as the Chao for Mario is weird.

I can't seem to get this to work in dolphin for the life of me. It always freezes whenever I pick a stage. I see the character portraits, I pick my character, I see the stages, I pick a stage, but then the game freezes. Edit: I see that an iso can not be made (if one is please tell me), but I do not know why putting the sd.raw in the Wii Folder won't make this work for me :/

-More info
I downloaded the sd card and put the in the proper spot in Wii folder
I already have a Brawl iso set as default
Of the different ones, sometimes I have seen the pm launcher some I have not (by not I mean having seen gecko).
Do I need to move my PM netplay build somewhere?

Edit 1:
I do not see the Pat title screen of hear the Pat music. Only Pat stuff I see is from the character select screen forward. I am launching through the PM launcher using boot.elf.

Last edited:

FinnMenton

Smash Rookie
Patt im having problems downloading the pack can you provide me a Torrent or a Mega.co.nz Download Pls

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
Back then.. It seemed right... It seemed like a good idea to do a triple post.. Oh how the times have changed.
I Really love it i hope you can work with all the stages i miss does anyway very great work i believe your project m is the best one i have ever played thanks for everything

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
Hi I have a question, how do I change the position of the "Ready to fight" at the css? For example, I have some csp that are being blocked by the "Ready to Fight". I saw in one of your builds you had it at the very top with the pillar css. Can this be done for the default css?

Fray14843

Smash Rookie
i have a wii with a sd card and it won't load m, ive played regular m and had it load, but i cant get this to boot. any ideas? it's in fat32

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question: you did say that your mod should not freeze. Does that include the event match originally involving Pokemon Trainer? I've tried a few other mods and went to this event match, and it froze, every time (due to the lack of the Pokemon Trainer character). The event match is the fifth one of the first ten.

Well, I'm the unfortunate bearer of bad news--your mod DOES freeze...under rare circumstances. The exact freeze conditions are as follows: I was playing as Yoshi, using his Guilmon skin, and my opponent was supposed to be Marth, in his default stage. Well, the dumb game decided it would remind me that it was STILL trying to find ways to freeze (both to irritate me and to prove your "shouldn't freeze" claim wrong).

Note, however, that the fifth event match is playable (you're just stuck as Ivysaur, and your opponent is Squirtle, despite the match saying you'd be playing as Mewtwo beforehand).

The Guilmon/Marth freeze issue is most likely due to a glitch in the Guilmon skin (despite having default Yoshi moves). It may be due to being strangely incompatible with Marth's intro sequence, or that particular level.

EDIT: Apparently, this is one of those game freeze issues that is determined to make sure I don't figure out what caused it--all the variables I thought were possible causes, failed to re-create the freeze. Blasted 256-bit coding...urgh...

Last edited:

JackOLantern

Smash Rookie
Man, I found your build when I was searching around for project M packs, and I find it really awesome. I really like the diversity, things like Delibird and all these kingdom hearts and final fantasy characters really rubbed me the right way. That said, you should start adding Marvel characters. One of the primary reasons I downloaded this is because I saw Goku and Spiderman in a teaser vid on YouTube, and I downloaded it and Spiderman isn't even in it anymore, which was a real bummer for me. You should add him back, if it isn't a hassle. Seeing other heroes like Hulk Donkey Kong or Hawkeye Pit making appearances would be really cool.

Also, as a side note, you should add Sableye. He's my friends all time favourite and it would make his day to see it in smash bros, and I'd like to pit it against delibird. Cooler stages would be neat too.

Regardless of the above, definitely one of the better builds, if not the best. The diversity is a breath of fresh air and the reason I started modding smash in the first place. Keep being awesome, dude.

Top Bottom