• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

projectmcool2

Smash Rookie
Yes. Clearly Ivysaur should have a Sceptile costume, and Charizard should have a Ridley costume.
Yeah, and Pikachu's crown costume should be altered into a full on King K. Rool cosplay!

In all seriousness, how about skins for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard based on the clones from the movie? There's already Armored Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Xxx9234

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to make alt costumes where the character is just a black silhouette with the voice effects removed, like dark link in those melee and brawl event matches? I think that would be a pretty neat alt for all the characters.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Is it possible to make alt costumes where the character is just a black silhouette with the voice effects removed, like dark link in those melee and brawl event matches? I think that would be a pretty neat alt for all the characters.
You'd have to remove SFX for every other skin.

Edit: Unless you're a genius.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Alternate voices for costumes are completely possible from what I've heard. But having no voice at all? I dunno. And capes are possible, but then every skin of the character would need to have a cape, otherwise the bones and hitboxes would be messed up. It would take an unnecessary amount of work and effort to fix that, so I don't expect it to happen.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Alternate voices for costumes are completely possible from what I've heard. But having no voice at all? I dunno. And capes are possible, but then every skin of the character would need to have a cape, otherwise the bones and hitboxes would be messed up. It would take an unnecessary amount of work and effort to fix that, so I don't expect it to happen.
Doc has his pill SFX. But I thought maybe that was a special case, like changing his pills visually.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's possible to have different voices for different costumes, but it's not perfect. The sound quality isn't always as good and the sound a character makes when KOd is always the same between costumes. It's possible, but not something I think I would advise for the sake of keeping PM up to a high standard.

Plus it takes PSA work and I wouldn't want to impose any more of that than necessary, lol.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
It's possible to have different voices for different costumes, but it's not perfect. The sound quality isn't always as good and the sound a character makes when KOd is always the same between costumes. It's possible, but not something I think I would advise for the sake of keeping PM up to a high standard.

Plus it takes PSA work and I wouldn't want to impose any more of that than necessary, lol.
I heard they were trying to fix that. Hence, "incomplete".

Shin F.

Smash Master
I heard they were trying to fix that. Hence, "incomplete".
If they can, good for them. But I know for sure (having done a bit of SFX work myself) that the Death sound isn't something that can be changed via PSA. It has to be hexed manually, and I may be wrong about this next point, but I think it would take a lot of effort to manually hex each costume to have new sounds.

Besides, I don't like that echo I hear in TP Link's voice sometimes.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
If they can, good for them. But I know for sure (having done a bit of SFX work myself) that the Death sound isn't something that can be changed via PSA. It has to be hexed manually, and I may be wrong about this next point, but I think it would take a lot of effort to manually hex each costume to have new sounds.

Besides, I don't like that echo I hear in TP Link's voice sometimes.
Eh, true. I can only hope it becomes official and is completed. TP Link's echo thing doesn't really bother me. And I don't mean to sound stupid, but do you mind defining what hexing is?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Eh, true. I can only hope it becomes official and is completed. TP Link's echo thing doesn't really bother me. And I don't mean to sound stupid, but do you mind defining what hexing is?
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll just upload this image of a hex file opened in a hex editor. That should be sufficient to explain.
^ It's an actual Brawl file by the way. A modified version of Pit's, to be exact. It's relatively easy to find the death sound value in Tabuu (a Brawl program) and then change it. I've done it before, even, but adding one for a different costume while keeping the original? I'd have no idea how to even begin. In PSA, it's a simple if, then, else statement but you can't change death cries in PSA.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll just upload this image of a hex file opened in a hex editor. That should be sufficient to explain.

^ It's an actual Brawl module by the way. A modified version of Pit's, to be exact. It's easy to find the death sound value in Tabuu (a Brawl program) and then change it, but adding one for a different costume while keeping the original? I'd have no idea how to even begin.
Dayum. Thanks for explaining. Goes to show how much work the PM team is putting up with for us. :p

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Oh and btw, Hyrule Warriors Link (and the scarf) are possible. It would just need to share bones with Link's cap, so you might wanna fix that part in the OP, I guess.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey

I never realized how much I liked Link's melee voice, but I do prefer the Brawl attack sounds. PMBR pls

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
A few I'd think fit perfectly in Project M while still keeping their guidelines:
-Clone Charizard (1st Movie)
-Robot Ness (Last fight, vs. Giygas)
-Ganon (Pig Beast, OG Zelda)
-Skyward Zelda (Kawaii~)
I've got a few more in mind but these seemed at least the most different while entirely possible.

EDIT: Love that Squirtle's new Alt is a favorable nudge to Greninja, kudos.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I always wished they could change the Fox and Falco back to their Melee sounds JUST for their classic costumes.
Also, does anyone know if it's possible to replace Link's Hero's Bow with his OoT Fairy Bow for just the OoT outfit? Maybe the bombs as well?

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I always wished they could change the Fox and Falco back to their Melee sounds JUST for their classic costumes.
Also, does anyone know if it's possible to replace Link's Hero's Bow with his OoT Fairy Bow for just the OoT outfit? Maybe the bombs as well?
Nope, not possible.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Crap, I miss that Faery Bow.

I guess a Dry Bones Yoshi isn't viable because Yoshi's slots are filled, but that would be a fun costume.
That and Dry Bones has no Tail, making Bair an DTil (and especially UAir) i visible. I've alaays liked the idea for Sey Bones that instead of Yoshi's Tongue he'd just extend off his lower jaw as said Tongue.

Yoshi needs something fun and nostalgic, like Mario Party 2's Purate outfit Yoshi, or better, Fighting Polygon Team Yoshi from 64.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
I really liked the Ivysaur suggestion of a wizard. It got me thinking.

Squirtle will have a ninja costume--> very awesome.

Ivysaur would be a wizard, she could have a wand in her mouth like previously suggested, and her flower-bulb would be reskinned as a wizard hat. The effects could be just visually changed to lightning rather than explosion… IE upsmash becomes a lightning-boom from the top of the wizard hat, and Side-B (razor leaf) would be changed to a more wind-magic looking scythe of sorts, maybe light blue? etc.etc. I think that'd be a really cool skin.

Lastly, if squirtle is a ninja, and ivy is a wizard…

Well then Charizard is a pirate.

He'd have his eye patch, a bandana. A sword strapped to his hip. One leg could be reskinned to a peg-leg, but that would be seen as crippling charizard, so i think it should be avoided. I can't decide what to do with his wings. Do you reskin them to look like pirate flags that have jolly roger (skull+cross bones) on them? That could be cool.

Anyway, i fully support ivysaur-wizard costume.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I know the rules say nothing referencing stuff outside their universe, but there's only one alt costume that would be badass enough for Snake.

Who is this man? This is Geist. Know what he is? He's an M.D.S. What's an M.D.S.?

Most
Dangerous
Soldier

For further reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxHgVBpKNEo

(This is mostly pulled from a post I made about two years ago, but it's no less true now.)

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I know it's a little late, but I just got an idea for Squirtle. Although it isn't a Pokemon reference, it is at least Nintendo. Put him in this guy's outfit.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I know it's a little late, but I just got an idea for Squirtle. Although it isn't a Pokemon reference, it is at least Nintendo. Put him in this guy's outfit.
Really, his being a water Pokemon is more than enough reason to put him in a sailor suit without referencing this guy. I'm actually behind this idea 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom