• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
They look cool. I especially like the first one.

@ Sour Supreme Sour Supreme

I was inspired by Ninja Squirtle today, so I decided to make these for the costumes that I noticed didn't have renders for the OP. They're a bit big, but I was too lazy to resize them. Feel free to do so, though, if you want.
http://imgur.com/a/Fwak0
Thanks Shinten! Shinders are always welcome in the OP.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The OP is still missing Shinobi Squirtle in the alt list and is missing all of his screenshots
You may be fixing this as I speak and if so gj

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
MORE costume ideas! (I'm on a roll with Fire Emblem ones!)
C. Falcon ones to start off.

Dr. Stewart recolor.

I'm seriously surprised I haven't seen this one suggested before. He's the other only good guy from the first F-Zero, next to Falcon, yet he's never even gotten recognized as a costume by the series's main representative.
For those who think "Oh CBO0tz, that would never work because Dr. Stewart doesn't have a helmet to base Falcon's colors off of!!" Think again.

Make Falcon's helmet all white primarily, make the circles on the sides blue, and the Falcon emblem and trim on his helmet yellow.
Boom. I thought this out.

Mach Rider recolor.

Simple enough. Racing stripes along Falcon's helmet, blue jumpsuit, red shoulder pad, white scarf/inner suit, maybe make Falcon's pistol belt white as well.

These two colors, plus a Classic C. Falcon and Phoenix costume would make my dream of all characters having their costume slots filled with good outfits come a little closer to reality.

Finally, another Roy costume idea.(please don't kill me)

Ogier's outfit.

A.k.a. Homeless Roy.
Because SCREW the mediocre outfits other characters have; It all looks like the same set of armor in a different style and color!
I was originally gonna post Dieck's outfit for Roy, but I realized Roy doesn't look like he's got the bulk to fill out that costume at all.
As soon as I figured it out, I quickly scrolled through the character list for Binding Blade and found this guy's picture.
It's original, it's a Mercenary costume, and it comes from a guy whose name kinda looks and sounds like ogre. What's not to love?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
MORE costume ideas! (I'm on a roll with Fire Emblem ones!)
C. Falcon ones to start off.

Dr. Stewart recolor.

I'm seriously surprised I haven't seen this one suggested before. He's the other only good guy from the first F-Zero, next to Falcon, yet he's never even gotten recognized as a costume by the series's main representative.
For those who think "Oh CBO0tz, that would never work because Dr. Stewart doesn't have a helmet to base Falcon's colors off of!!" Think again.

Make Falcon's helmet all white primarily, make the circles on the sides blue, and the Falcon emblem and trim on his helmet yellow.
Boom. I thought this out.

Mach Rider recolor.

Simple enough. Racing stripes along Falcon's helmet, blue jumpsuit, red shoulder pad, white scarf/inner suit, maybe make Falcon's pistol belt white as well.

These two colors, plus a Classic C. Falcon and Phoenix costume would make my dream of all characters having their costume slots filled with good outfits come a little closer to reality.

Finally, another Roy costume idea.(please don't kill me)

Ogier's outfit.

A.k.a. Homeless Roy.
Because SCREW the mediocre outfits other characters have; It all looks like the same set of armor in a different style and color!
I was originally gonna post Dieck's outfit for Roy, but I realized Roy doesn't look like he's got the bulk to fill out that costume at all.
As soon as I figured it out, I quickly scrolled through the character list for Binding Blade and found this guy's picture.
It's original, it's a Mercenary costume, and it comes from a guy whose name kinda looks and sounds like ogre. What's not to love?
I can dig Dr. Stew.

The Roy suggestion is alright. A more bland Alt certainly lends itself to Brawl's art style. But I'd rather see a more memorable character. He'll I've played Binding Blade three times and I couldn't remember this guy's name at first.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I want to elaborate on an earlier post about adding palatte swaps. Am I the only one who misses these guys?

The white shell and bulb are stylin'

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I want to elaborate on an earlier post about adding palatte swaps. Am I the only one who misses these guys?

The white shell and bulb are stylin'
Neh but I mean the PMBR already replaced those Palettes deliberately. I can't see why they'd change them back. You could add them back in with cBliss.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Neh but I mean the PMBR already replaced those Palettes deliberately. I can't see why they'd change them back. You could add them back in with cBliss.
Yea, but all that trouble for two palette swaps? That would also jeopardize the competitive value of my build (since most TO's want clean or their own builds).

Shin F.

Smash Master
Do we really need recolors of alts in the OP? I mean, I doubt we're going to put every single Dr. Mario and OoT Link recolor in there.

Maybe they should just be listed?

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Oh, alright! I could add it to the suggestions list anyways.
Do it up Bromeo.

also you might as well add the Smash 64 Jiggs Bows to the list.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/e/ef/Alt-jigglypuff.jpg

Also, I looked at the list in the OP, and I'd remove some outdated ideas. For example, I'm pretty sure Roy's blue alt is an Eliwood recolor.
EDIT: Also ZSS has multiples of the same costume.
And Link has 2 of the same classic/ALTTP costume as suggestions.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Do it up Bromeo.

also you might as well add the Smash 64 Jiggs Bows to the list.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/e/ef/Alt-jigglypuff.jpg

Also, I looked at the list in the OP, and I'd remove some outdated ideas. For example, I'm pretty sure Roy's blue alt is an Eliwood recolor.
EDIT: Also ZSS has multiples of the same costume.
And Link has 2 of the same classic/ALTTP costume as suggestions.
I'm aware it needs construction.

All in good time.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I don't think recolours have had to follow that rule to the letter but C.Falcon's spots really ought to be given to costumes based on other F-Zero characters like what the Fire Emblems have going. Which I now notice there are no suggestions of the sort in the OP. Blood Falcon http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071107003859/fzero/images/thumb/3/32/013.jpg/250px-013.jpg and Phoenix http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ages/thumb/a/ac/Phoenix.jpg/250px-Phoenix.jpg cosplays should definitely be there and Super Arrow http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071107003533/fzero/images/thumb/0/0c/014.jpg/250px-014.jpg would probably work too. His and Phoenix's would have to lose the cape but hey, the based on costumes are already doing a bit of whatever fits best and it'd help to give the feel that he's just dressing up as them when you can't really see the face to tell.

Also speaking of Fire Emblems, a http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/10570/473407-tiger_bunny_fire_emblem_super.jpg themed recolour or something like that I'd be thrilled to see pop up on brawlvault.

projectmcool2

Smash Rookie
What does the Shinobi Squirtle costume have to do with Squirtle, Pokémon, or Nintendo? Is it supposed to be a nod to Greninja? Kind of a stretch if ask me. Or is it seriously just, "Get it guys? He's a 'ninja turtle.' Haha." If they wanted to do that they should have just given him the four Koopa Bros. suits, there's already a Koopa Troopa color. Admittedly, that'd be a stretch too, but at least Koopa Bros. alts would be reasonably grounded in something Nintendo-related instead of this weird fan-fic costume.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
What does the Shinobi Squirtle costume have to do with Squirtle, Pokémon, or Nintendo? Is it supposed to be a nod to Greninja? Kind of a stretch if ask me. Or is it seriously just, "Get it guys? He's a 'ninja turtle.' Haha." If they wanted to do that they should have just given him the four Koopa Bros. suits, there's already a Koopa Troopa color. Admittedly, that'd be a stretch too, but at least Koopa Bros. alts would be reasonably grounded in something Nintendo-related instead of this weird fan-fic costume.
I think Nano answered that question a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom