• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffy

Smash Cadet
We were honestly lost with what to do for the Pokemon.

Squirtle is fast and has ninja-like moves. Also, Star gave him "water scrolls" to add on to the ninja feel for him.

The shuriken had NOTHING to do with a certain new water-type Pokemon move.
But how does he use water gun and bubble?

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
My favorite Alt costume thus far. Everything right down to the water scrolls is SO full of detail and creativity. 10/10 can't wait until we see more.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I know how Squirtle uses Water Gun through the mask!

He'll have a water scroll on it, and the water will come from there through ninja magic ^_^

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ivysaur could be saved for another update instead of the next immediate one if y'all can't come up with anything, don't stress yourselves out, PMBR.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
CRAZY IVYSAUR IDEA

He could be an armored horse, and his bulb could have a knight's helmet on it :D

That's all I got. Carry on everyone

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Please. We are still lost at this.

;)
Maybe something inspired by the flower shaped ultimate weapon from X/Y. Possibly with some influence from AZ's Floette The only other thing I can think of is just referencing flower based Pokemon or enemies from other Nintendo games. I've said it earlier in this topic, but Ivysaur would look sick with a Deku Baba inspired palette swap.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I was thinking MAYBE there could be something you could do with Exeggutor.

Maybe replace Ivy's leaves with Exeggutor's, and place the faces around the bottom of that?

I'll keep looking for ideas.
So she decapitates an Exeggutor and mounts the head(s) on her back?

You're sick.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
image.jpg
We were honestly lost with what to do for the Pokemon.

Squirtle is fast and has ninja-like moves. Also, Star gave him "water scrolls" to add on to the ninja feel for him.

The shuriken had NOTHING to do with a certain new water-type Pokemon move.
Why you guys gotta go and ignore Amish Squirtle? D:
It's totally relevant to the 6 people who play Squirtle

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Wizard Ivysaur, let's be real. You know you want to see Ivysaur with a hip Wizard's hat and a wand in her teeth.
I've seen a few people suggest something similar. Basically, have each of PT's Pokemon represent the staple RPG classes. It makes sense since they already represent the starter triangle. Squirtle is the thief. If Charizard got his armor from the Lucario movie then he could be the Warrior (As long as he gets a Clonezard costume too, please). That leaves Ivysaur as the mage.

Last edited:

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Please bear with me as I'm going to do a bit of a wishlist here. Ahem. I'd love to see a Skyward Sword-style costume for Zelda. As far as Sheik goes, since Sheik never actually appeared in Skyward Sword, maybe a costume inspired by Impa.

Link's final costume slot could be filled with a Dark Link recolor of his OoT/Melee costume.

Sonic is a character that could definitely use a few costumes. One could be similar to his Silver-inspired costume for Sm4sh while another could look like Super Sonic. It'd also be really cool if we got Darkspine Sonic as a costume too.

Red, green, and blue recolors to various costumes already available (such as Classic Wolf, Commander Lucas, etc.) so that they could be used in team battles would also be kind of neat.

Let me know what you think of my ideas!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I've seen a few people suggest something similar. Basically, have each of PT's Pokemon represent the staple RPG classes. It makes sense since they already represent the starter triangle. Squirtle is the thief. If Charizard got his armor from the Lucario movie then he could be the Warrior (As long as he gets a Clonezard costume too, please). That leaves Ivysaur as the mage.
Obv the other Pokemon should get robot and pirate outfits because you gave Squirtle a ninja outfit.
Okay, so clearly, we need the Pokemon to have:
Ninja (Squirtle already has Shinobi)
Pirate (Pikachu already has Pirate Hat)
Robot / Cyborg (Mewtwo's Armor)
Warrior (Lucario's Gi)
Black Mage (Ivysaur)
White Mage (Could be Fairy Jiggz)
Knight (Charizard's Battle Armor)

BAM

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Okay, so clearly, we need the Pokemon to have:
Ninja (Squirtle already has Shinobi)
Pirate (Pikachu already has Pirate Hat)
Robot / Cyborg (Mewtwo's Armor)
Warrior (Lucario's Gi)
Black Mage (Ivysaur)
White Mage (Could be Fairy Jiggz)
Knight (Charizard's Battle Armor)

BAM
What about Pichu?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I totally support the idea of the three starter Pokemon representing RPG classes. We already have Squirtle as the thief, like ThePlacidPlatypus said. I like his idea of Charizard being in the movie armor so as to represent the warrior class. Ivysaur as a Mage would be freaking awesome. She could be recolored with a star design on the bulb and a little mini-turban or something like that. Not sure if a wand in the mouth will work, since she opens it whenever she says her name, but it's still a cool idea. Oh, and the Squirtle costume is one shell of a job. It looks amazing.

On a completely unrelated note, I know the PMBR said they wouldn't do an Excite Bike jumpsuit for ZSS, but if the reason for that is that wouldn't match with one of Samus's suits, then could they give Samus an Alt. Based on Excite Bike helmets, just with full body armor? Just a thought. I really like the idea of an Excite Bike reference.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well, looks like the hype has receded..

Here's 2 ideas for Murth crustumes.

Seliph's (TGC!!!1) outfit:

I decided this one would be a bit more fitting for Marth than Seliph's original outfit; it's a nice cross between fancy like Sigurd's uniform and the stock Marth outfit.

The Avatar's outfit:

No, not for Ike, MARTH.
It makes more sense Marth gets this outfit due to him fighting alongside the Avatar.

If these crustumes have already been suggested than I'm happy with just raising their awareness.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well, looks like the hype has receded..

Here's 2 ideas for Murth crustumes.

Seliph's (TGC!!!1) outfit:

I decided this one would be a bit more fitting for Marth than Seliph's original outfit; it's a nice cross between fancy like Sigurd's uniform and the stock Marth outfit.

The Avatar's outfit:

No, not for Ike, MARTH.
It makes more sense Marth gets this outfit due to him fighting alongside the Avatar.

If these crustumes have already been suggested than I'm happy with just raising their awareness.
They look cool. I especially like the first one.

@ Sour Supreme Sour Supreme

I was inspired by Ninja Squirtle today, so I decided to make these for the costumes that I noticed didn't have renders for the OP. They're a bit big, but I was too lazy to resize them. Feel free to do so, though, if you want.
http://imgur.com/a/Fwak0

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Just throwing out another Ivysaur costume idea. How about a sort of cosplay based off of the original grass type gym leader, Erika? The PMBR typically refers to Ivysaur as a she anyway. Ivysaur would get a "dress" (Or whatever it would be after it was fitted to Ivysaur) based of of hers. She's also get the headband and perhaps a ribbon rapped around the bulb. Erika has multiple designs, sp just chose what's best. Or maybe just base a costume off of some other grass type trainer.

MLGF

Smash Lord
...Is this getting alt colors?
Because I think everyone is gonna use this, it's amazing.

Malion

Smash Ace
I really like how this opens a lot of Pokemon options... Farmer ivysaur, tuxedeo mask ivysaur complete with rose. Knight Charizard, clown charizard.... Maid pikachu for sure.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Ivysaur needs like a gardening outfit. Seems simple enough and fitting.
Just add a sun hat, maybe strap a Psyduck watering can and a little gardening shovel to the sides of her flower bud, like how Squirtle has the shuriken and water scroll on his shell.

I also would really like to see Ivy have some new branches with berries growing on them.

Also the heart-shaped mark that was on May's Bulbasaur in the TV show needs to be on this Ivy alt. Period.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Please. We are still lost at this.

;)
Squirtle got Ninja(Greninja)
Ivysaur can get Knight(heavy armored(Chesnaught))
Charizard can get Wizard(robe and hat(Delphox))
or maybe charizard would look weird with a mage robe so he could be either samurai armored or knight armored and ivy gets the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom