• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Why has't PMBR done this?
Because they're just the Brawl recolors and those were the Brawl portraits. Every other recolor after the default blue and pink has Nana in the lead, so the red and white recolor, the black and gray recolor, and the double white recolor have Nana in the lead.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I meant making the portraits tell which is the lead.
The first sentence was the response. That's just how Brawl did it and they didn't change the recolors from Brawl.
As far as Icie costumes go they need more alt colors. For example their orange and blue color could come back from Melee. Then they just need some random stuff to fill the next 3 slots. Atm they lack a pm purple color that ALL the cool kids have nowadays.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So yeah. ALL of John's Snake alts need to happen, especially Old Snake (with Solid Eye. It completes the look!) and Tuxedo, which just sounds like I'd instantly main it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
[collapse=Charizard]

Mewtwo's Charizard

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Page=1&Order=Name ASC&ByUserID=7487#Page=1&Order=Downloads DESC&Type=Character%Charizard%&Moderated=All&facebook=true [/collapse]
[collapse=Squirtle]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Full Samus Pallete Swaps]
1 and 2. Varia Suit Prime (Default Red) (Green version Default Green)

3. Gravity Suit (Default Blue)

4. Phazon Suit

5. Fusion Suit

6. Hazard Suit

7. PED Suit

8. Dark Suit Samus

9. Power Suit

10. Light Suit

I didn't include Other M's Varia suit not because I didn't like its design (Better than the Power, Fusion and Dark suits IMO) but because Smash 4 is going to have it anyways so I don't see the need to add it.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
What I'd like to see:
Mario: Wario colors replacing his brown and white colors.
White is Fire Mario and is much more iconic than Wario Mario, Brown is really really old Mario, also iconic to those who played Wrecking Crew.
Luigi: Dr. Luigi. Kind of pointless since you can't change his pills. Also even if it is the year of the Luigi, I like Dr. Mario being a strictly Mario thing. It just makes more sense to me.
Peach: A Rosalina recolor (much like her Daisy recolor). Oh, and a classic SMB recolor (white dress). Wedding Peach could very well be a reference to that.
Bowser: A "Dark Bowser" recolor, much like Link's Dark Link appearance. Dark Bowser is an actual thing, he's blue with spiky hair and it's not actually Bowser, but rather a recreation of Bowser by Fawful.
Donkey Kong: A green color with the same fur tone as K. Rool's skin.
Diddy Kong: An outfit with him wearing DK's tie! :laugh:
Link: The black or purple Melee Link costume returning (I'd side with probably the black). Oh, and his Skyward Sword look (specifically pre-Link wearing his green outfit) and Twilight Princess Ordon Village outfit. Link can only have one more outfit
Toon Link: Conductor Link colors. Also, a golden outfit, much like Link's golden outfit. A Melee Link-esk black outfit would be a nice touch, too. Maybe an outfit that he looks like Young Link.
Zelda: A Ocarina of Time child Zelda outfit, a classic (ALTTP) Zelda outfit, a Hilda recolor, a Skyward Sword look, and/or a Hooded Zelda outfit. Hooded Zelda FTW
Sheik: A hooded Sheik appearance. Oh, and a more Melee-esk recolor of her original outfit. Yes.
Ganondorf: Two words: Green Tunic! :laugh: That would be awkward and horribly unfitting.
Samus: Light Suit, PED Suit, Dark Suit, and maybe a redone Fusion Suit. Basically, just upgrade her suits to look more like in her games, if possible! :)
Zero Suit Samus: Classic green hair, Other M short hair look. Oh, and a pure red outfit would be sweet. :shades:
Yoshi: If you could add anything, silver Yoshi would be it. Oh, and maybe give the black Yoshi Boshi's glasses. Yoshi can't have more costumes
Kirby: Various recolors from Kirby's Air Ride and recent Kirby games. Orange, brown, and black IMO would be awesome. Purple needs to be in just because it's Project M
Meta Knight: Same as Kirby.
King Dedede: Same as above. However, I would like to see King Dedede in one of his alter ego outfits. Dedede doesn't have any "alter egos". The only time he ever changed up his outfit was when he put on a mask, got a new hammer, and decided that he was trucking done with Kirby's pink butt. Oh and the outfit that Project M Unlocked did.
Fox: If anything could be added, it would be the Brawl recolors on Melee Fox. Nothing can be added
Falco: Same as Fox. Same as Fox
Wolf: More Star Fox 64 outfits please! :)
Pikachu: More Party Hat recolors would be awesome! Oh, and a Raichu recolor (fur color), or a female Pikachu (the tail isn't pointy at the end). If he had a female Pikachu costume that would by all technicalities make him a different Pokemon and thus a different character.
Jigglypuff: More bow colors. That last costume is not a bow, those are fairy wings
Mewtwo: A super black, a bright red, and/or a golden recolor! :)
Lucario: A Charizard Orange, a Purple color similar to Yoshi's purple, a Silver recolor (if possible), and a ruby red color would all make excellent recolors. White is close to silver
Squirtle: Pikachu yellow, default Squirtle Squad glasses Squirtle, golden Squirtle. Still not a fan of the Squirtle Squad as a normal costume idea. That would make his hidden taunt pointless.
Ivysaur: Charizard orange, pure black, pure purple, golden Ivysaur.
Charizard: Arceus white, pure purple, golden Charizard.
Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon Emblem on his red outfit, a Samurai Goroh outfit/recolor, a Captain Falcon unmasked look, a golden outfit with a silver visor, and a dark purple Black Shadow-esk outfit. I actually kind of approve of this one.
Ness: Jeff's outfit, Poo's outfit, a more Ninten-esk outfit, and a Runaway Five t-shirt outfit. I only approve of the Runaway Five T-Shirt. Having other character's outfit seems weird.
Lucas: Give him his father's outfit. Oh, and get him a souvenir shirt from New Pork City! I approve of the Souvenir shirt, once again other character's outfits is still weird to me for Ness and Lucas.
Ice Climbers: Any outfit where you play as Nana instead of Popo. But colors that stick out to me: purple, golden, orange, light green (maybe neon green), silver, ruby, etc for their outfits. Nana is playable in the last 3 outfits if I remember correctly
Marth: All pink Marth (dat breast cancer awareness), golden Marth recolor, the old light blue Marth recolor coming back, and an orange outfit. Oh, and maybe a model based on his newer look. Pink is perfect.
Roy: A purple outfit (that majesty), Roy in his father's (Ephriam) armor, and a light blue Roy outfit recolor. Roy's father is called Eliwood. Ephriam has green hair, wouldn't make much sense for him to be his father when Roy's hair is red and none of his possible mothers have red hair too.
Ike: Radiant Dawn Ike with the same outfits (especially the standard outfit, gold outfit, green outfit, and red outfit).
Mr. Game & Watch: Purple, silver, orange, and white recolors. Needs moar rainbow and watch
Pit: A better Dark Pit look (maybe red eyes=???), a silver outfit, a purple outfit, a turquoise outfit, and a classic Melee trophy Pit look. Dark Pit does have red eyes in Project M
Wario: I doubt it is possible to add anything to him, but if I could, I'd give him a Masters of Disguise outfit, as well as a Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi recolor for both of his outfits. You can't add anything to him.
Snake: Old (MGS4) Snake (with or without the eye patch), MGS1 Snake, Snake in a tuxedo, and Snake wearing his Sneaking Suit.
Olimar: Pink recolor outfit, black suit Olimar, and a pure white suit.
R.O.B.: Wii White, DS/3DS ROB (with DS/3DS eyes), PS2/3/4 colored ROB, and maybe PS1/x colored ROB. The Playstation ROBs wouldn't make much sense since he's never been anything outside of Nintendo.
Sonic: Super Sonic Gold, Shadow Black recolor, a Tails-esk colored orange/yellow (or whatever color that is), a pink (Amy Rose) recolor, and a purple (Big the Cat) recolor. :troll: Ew.
Yeah... sorry for my list being so long!!!! :laugh:[/quote]

Responses in Bold.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers: Any outfit where you play as Nana instead of Popo. But colors that stick out to me: purple, golden, orange, light green (maybe neon green), silver, ruby, etc for their outfits. Nana is playable in the last 3 outfits if I remember correctly
Every other outfit after the default.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
So considering they gave Fire Peach's moves fire properties, why not do the same for Fire Mario and Luigi?

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Bowser: A "Dark Bowser" recolor, much like Link's Dark Link appearance. Dark Bowser is an actual thing, he's blue with spiky hair and it's not actually Bowser, but rather a recreation of Bowser by Fawful.

So? Dark Link is a different person than Link (Unless being a Midboss in the Water temple or being spawned by a tiny old man in the Great Palace counts as being Link) and both him AND Toon Link OFFICIALLY got costumes of him complete with red eyes. would it really be too much to ask for just a Recolor with no actual model changes?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So? Dark Link is a different person than Link (Unless being a Midboss in the Water temple or being spawned by a tiny old man in the Great Palace counts as being Link) and both him AND Toon Link OFFICIALLY got costumes of him complete with red eyes. would it really be too much to ask for just a Recolor with no actual model changes?
A few things you should probably know.
1. Dark Toon Link and Link are actually both still Toon Link and Link respectively. They are reflections of Link and that's why they don't have personalities and fight exactly like Link does no matter where they appear in.
2. I don't think you paid much attention because I said that Dark Bowser was simply his own character and he stated Dark Bowser as he was his own character, possibly because he didn't know of the real Dark Bowser. I never once said "PLEASE DON'T GIVE US DARK BOWSER". He said Dark Bowser with Dark Link colors so all I said was that Dark Bowser was indeed a thing. And a thing of beauty I might add, favorite final Boss in any Mario game up to date.
3. What happens within Smash Bros is not and never has been official in other universes, Sakurai recolored Link to be Dark Link from Twilight Princess which wasn't even Dark Link in the first place, it was just a creation that was made to show an example to Link in Twilight Princess.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
So considering they gave Fire Peach's moves fire properties, why not do the same for Fire Mario and Luigi?
Although it's not an official Alt, there is a PSA modder by the name of KingJiggly, who has his own thread in the Customized Content section, that has a very nice Fire/Ice Mario Alternate. He's got other cool stuff there too, so you should probably check it out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...I have to ask.

Dr. Weegee. Is it possible to do the same thing that was done to Mario to Luigi? (Turn his fireballs into pills and give them the sound effect?)

Completely horizontal pill shots sound fun to see.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So...I have to ask.

Dr. Weegee. Is it possible to do the same thing that was done to Mario to Luigi? (Turn his fireballs into pills and give them the sound effect?)

Sadly no, Mario`s fireballs were a exception.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Well...while I'm here...Is anyone hoping for Dedede's Kirby 64 appearance to get in as an alt? You know, Lighter blue, No gloves or Undershirt, Pointy Beak, Different Back Symbol, Spike hat-ballpoofy-thing, and all that jazz? I mean...It's better than just more recolors right?

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
You know what we really need? Different Zelda skins. She has so many different incarnations, yet only has a twilight princess Zelda and OoT Shiek.... This bothers me tremendously.

Something to fix this conundrum would be to do a costume for regular Zelda to give her the proper OoT look but in modern graphics. By this I mean doing her crown, dress, and hair to match more like what's in this picture.

The Zelda directly to the right of Twilight Princess Zelda is OoT Zelda. The actual Skeik, and would thus make the character seem more proper. Replacing our current Zelda with a more Melee type zelda would make sense for the typical transformation.

Now that that is out of the way I would like to propose 3 more Zelda additions.
I have thought over these few for a while, and though they are not as clear cut as I would like them to be, they seem to me the most fitting pairing of Zelda types.

To begin I would like to put out the only really fitting costume I could find in regards to Twilight Princess Zelda. During her time in that game she makes a very limited amount of appearances, but the one that stuck out the post in regards to an alt for Sheik would be robbed Zelda. This one would be a fitting alt to a certain extent.

The other option that comes to mind would be an altered version of the Sheiken costume to be more twilight oriented. To have the Twilight Patterns and glow to her costume would be a cool and original idea to add to her appearance.

Following that I would like to propose the switch between the Wind Waker Zelda, to her original Tetra pirate look. Although they are much more of a stretch given they are both "toon" versions of her the switch makes sense and would be a cool costume none the less.

And Lastly I would like to propose an idea for an original Sheiken form of the Skyward Sword Zelda. Now bear with me. Take the new image of zelda in Skyward Sword, be it her normal or godess form, then add a bit of Skyward Sword Sheiken flair to her outfit. Take something that Impa has and mold it to be used by SS Zelda.

But anyways those are just some ideas I would like to see for her.

But in all honesty I wouldn't mind just seeing some of her other forms as zelda even without Sheik Changes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So yeah. ALL of John's Snake alts need to happen, especially Old Snake (with Solid Eye. It completes the look!) and Tuxedo, which just sounds like I'd instantly main it.
I know, right=???

I would uber main that instantly.

Also, MGS1 Snake would be a rad bonus, classic Metal Gear Snake would be sweet, sneaking suit Snake would be killer, and MGS3/Peace Walker eye patch Big Boss/Naked Snake would be awesome.

Oh, and Snake with a Raiden mask on... now that would be killer!!! :laugh:
So...I have to ask.

No, and we don't need it for Dr. Weegee. Just being Dr. Weegee is enough Weegee for the Weegees.

Believe the hype.
I want to believe....

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Umm..... I don't know if this would be the right place to point this out in but I noticed on some of Oot Links animations mostly when he walks or runs that his butt and right leg pokes out of his tunic

I was messing around with the model since I wanted to make the tunic slightly longer along and getting rid of the spikes on the master sword when I noticed it, I thought maybe I messed something up so I re-downloaded the file and checked the animations and it had the same problem even without me messing around with the model

I know with the right positioning of the vertexs? (Idk if they're called that but it's the points that can be moved around to change the shape of the model) that you can fix this issue, I would have done this for myself but I'm using a laptop touch pad due to me not having a mouse and I swear it's near impossible :(

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps saying robed Zelda, but... is that even possible? The robe doesn't have sleeves. If they were given to her, I don't know if it would look right.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I want doctor luigi... I mean why not? I also think some of doctor Mario's recolors should be based on power ups, like ice Mario.
I think white peach should get red hair, so she is toadstool. Ice princess peach should be allowed in the game.
I want snake to have his other outfits, though I was ignored and mocked when I suggested it for some reason. >>
Phazon suit is a must.
I want a dark Bowser inspired outfit for Bowser. Just make him blue with red eyes and his hair black and don't spike it.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I want doctor luigi... I mean why not? I also think some of doctor Mario's recolors should be based on power ups, like ice Mario.
I think white peach should get red hair, so she is toadstool. Ice princess peach should be allowed in the game.
I want snake to have his other outfits, though I was ignored and mocked when I suggested it for some reason. >>
Phazon suit is a must.
I want a dark Bowser inspired outfit for Bowser. Just make him blue with red eyes and his hair black and don't spike it.
Mario is out of room so Doc can't get any colors besides who's to say the blue color isn't his Ice Flower form.
I don't think Peach has a canon Ice Flower form either. White Peach is a fan favorite so it can't be changed.
I'm fine with the rest.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Phazon suit is a must.

If you want Dr. Luigi to have those L pills, that can't happen since costume-specific articles only work with Mario. I wouldn't mind Luigi getting the costume by itself, though.

And yeah I'd like an Ice Mario. I know KingJigglypuff did that on his thread in the Customized Content section but I'd love to see it officially in P:M

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Mario is out of room so Doc can't get any colors besides who's to say the blue color isn't his Ice Flower form.
I don't think Peach has a canon Ice Flower form either. White Peach is a fan favorite so it can't be changed.
I'm fine with the rest.
I meant his recolors, like blue or green doctor m being replaced.
Ice peach is not cannon, neither is ice wario, but i think it is a good idea... (replace pink and blue wario for ice wario)
If you want Dr. Luigi to have those L pills, that can't happen since costume-specific articles only work with Mario. I wouldn't mind Luigi getting the costume by itself, though.

And yeah I'd like an Ice Mario. I know KingJigglypuff did that on his thread in the Customized Content section but I'd love to see it officially in P:M
I mean just the outfit, no need for pills.
Which ones did you suggest? I'm all for more Snake costumes considering he's my favorite character from any media to ever exist
I suggested old snakes and other snakes.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Everyone keeps saying robed Zelda, but... is that even possible? The robe doesn't have sleeves. If they were given to her, I don't know if it would look right.
Zelda's idle pose is literally her just standing with her arms to her side. When she attacks she could take out her arm from under the robe. I actually think it'd look pretty good if not decent.

Totally off topic but to the person who said that every costume for Ice Climbers except the original had Nana as the lead was wrong.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda bummed that Samus got no new costumes at all considering there are plenty of good models on BV and the PMBR could easily fix up any of them. :( Maybe the next balance patch she'll get some better costumes. Still hoping for the Light Suit and Dark Suit from Prime 2: Echos.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'm kinda bummed that Samus got no new costumes at all considering there are plenty of good models on BV and the PMBR could easily fix up any of them. :( Maybe the next balance patch she'll get some better costumes. Still hoping for the Light Suit and Dark Suit from Prime 2: Echos.
I think the PMBR prides themselves in making their own models. There are a lot of Mr. L models but they built theirs from scratch. It would seem unprofessional for them to take the model of someone else as well.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Well, it's not a finished game yet. Hold onto your horses.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Totally off topic but to the person who said that every costume for Ice Climbers except the original had Nana as the lead was wrong.
I said every OTHER. Meaning skip every other one. If you number their costumes from 1 to 6 (default to double white) the odd numbers are popo lead and the evens are Nana lead. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I said every OTHER. Meaning skip every other one. If you number their costumes from 1 to 6 (default to double white) the odd numbers are popo lead and the evens are Nana lead. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.
I should the one apologize for not fully reading your comment. My bad.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Okay i think this could be the best scenario for Samus Alt. Costumes:
-Light Suit Alt. Costume over Fusion Suit recolor (we would get a new color for Samus, white) -Phazon Suit recolor over Dark Suit recolor (referencing the black recolor from Melee)-Make the Dark Suit a full Alt. Costume (a we would still have a brown color)-Fusion Suit Alt. costume with team recolors (if they figure out a way to respect her shoulders hurboxes)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Woah this thread died. I'm surprised nobody talk about Christmas alts.

Here's a topic to talk about, if a character got a Christmas Alt, what would you give them just for fun?

I'd give Sonic reindeer horns in all of his costumes, Mario as Santa in his red costume, Every green costume has elf ears and every red costume has a Santa hat. I know a lot of this isn't possible but the magic of this subject is that it's too late to really make any of it happen so we can be as imaginative as we want.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Santa hats for everyone! Especially Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Also, a candy cane bat for Ness like the one in my avatar, but without the bow. In fact, candy cane weapons for all the swordsmen as well! Also, give Link and Tink those little pointy elf shoes.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I actually just downloaded SSB64 on my Wii, and it got me thinking... What about Fighting Polygon Team alts for the SSB64 originals, plus wire frame costumes for Zelda and Captain Falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom