• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
OK, I won't say swag anymore and I'll use punctuation gladly, as well. No problem. On a completely unrelated note: Do we really have room for all of Samus's different suits? I love the idea, but she already has 6 palette swaps, which leaves us with room for 4 suits. I don't play Metroid that much so I don't know how many suits she has, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Well most of her recolors are just based on her suits so we could just replace those.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Well, if the PMBR is willing to do four suits, then the four important ones are:

-Dark Suit
-Light Suit
-PED Suit
-Fusion Suit

If they did just those, we wouldn't need alt colors for them (and couldn't do any more anyway), so it'd work perfect since we'd get all the major Samus suits that everyone wants. Everyone wins! :D

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well, if the PMBR is willing to do four suits, then the four important ones are:

-Dark Suit
-Light Suit
-PED Suit
-Fusion Suit

If they did just those, we wouldn't need alt colors for them (and couldn't do any more anyway), so it'd work perfect since we'd get all the major Samus suits that everyone wants. Everyone wins! :D
Don`t you think it would be kind of redundant to have the Fusion and Dark Suit AND the Fusion and Dark suit based recolors? Why don`t we just replace the recolors with the suit they`re based on?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Don`t you think it would be kind of redundant to have the Fusion and Dark Suit AND the Fusion and Dark suit based recolors? Why don`t we just replace the recolors with the suit they`re based on?
Pretty much this. That would give room for two more suits.

Besides those, I'd like to have her wearing a suit resembling Dark Samus with Aura or Electric effects on some of her attacks to look like Phazon.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't think we have a proper Gravity Suit in Brawl, do we?

That should be rectified. Purple, yo.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I'll Just Repost these from earlier, since we're actually talking about it now. No Light Suit because if they can't make it reflective, it won't do the Light Suit justice. And No Civilian clothes because Zero Suit Samus in anything other than a Skin-tight suit is wrong to me.

Samus:
1. Varia Suit (R) (Default)
2. MP2 Multiplayer Blue (B)
3. MP2 Multiplayer Green (G)
4. Gravity Suit
5. Phazon Suit
6. Fusion Suit (B)
7. Fusion Suit (Varia) (R)
8. Fusion Suit (Green) (G) (This is something the PMBR would have to come up with on thier own, but they're smart people so it shouldn't be too hard to find something that looks good.)
9. Dark Suit
10. PED Suit w/ Hazard Shields

Zero Suit Samus:
1. Red (R)
2. Blue (B)
3. Green (G)
4. Purple
5. Black
6. Cyan (B) (Default)
7. Magenta (R)
8. Yellow (G)
9. Zero Mission Ending Orange Suit
10. Green Haired Justin Baily Suit

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
> No Light Suit because if they can't make it reflective, it won't do the Light Suit justice. And No Civilian clothes because Zero Suit Samus in anything other than a Skin-tight suit is wrong to me.

Samus:
>4. Gravity Suit

>10. PED Suit w/ Hazard Shields

Zero Suit Samus:
>9. Zero Mission Ending Orange Suit
>10. Green Haired Justin Baily Suit
Ugh...
Also, I disagree. I don't need her to be sexy to be cool. >>

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Ugh...
Also, I disagree. I don't need her to be sexy to be cool. >>
So they can make Models Reflective? If they can I'll replace something in that list with the Light Suit.

Also, Zero Suit Samus isn't that sexy (Kind of Ruined her character a bit to be honest) But she's still called Zero Suit Samus, so if she doesn't have something that looks like the Zero Suit, it will look a bit unprofessional

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So they can make Models Reflective? If they can I'll replace something in that list with the Light Suit.

Also, Zero Suit Samus isn't that sexy (Kind of Ruined her character a bit to be honest) But she's still called Zero Suit Samus, so if she doesn't have something that looks like the Zero Suit, it will look a bit unprofessional
you're saying they can't do anything to make this better than http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5820 but they shouldn't do anything to this? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27107

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just because they can't make the light suit reflective doesn't mean they shouldn't use it. What sort of person would go "oh, it's not reflective. I guess this already-visually-distinct suit was a waste of time then. Lets just use one of those other badass white suits Samus has.

...and why would you want the Fusion Suit over that, when she already has a recolored of it?

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Just because they can't make the light suit reflective doesn't mean they shouldn't use it. What sort of person would go "oh, it's not reflective. I guess this already-visually-distinct suit was a waste of time then. Lets just use one of those other badass white suits Samus has.

...and why would you want the Fusion Suit over that, when she already has a recolored of it?
Not being reflective just doesn't look right to me.

And the Fusion Suit recolor only looks like the Fusion Suit in color, It looks nothing like the actual Fusion Suit.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
If making the Dark and Fusion Suits is redundant since there are already palette swaps of them for the standard suit, then simply make two new replacement palettes for the color versions on the standard armor. Or, stick with the Light and PED suits, and either give them both an extra color, or just make an accurate-to-Prime-art-style Phazon Suit, and a classic NES original Power Suit to fill up the last two slots.

Or Other M, or Zero Mission Power Suit, instead of one or both of the others. You have plenty of options with Samus. Nice thing, different armor types! ;)

Oh, and on Zamus having civvies as her alt... I know that it doesn't make as much sense considering how it's supposed to function with having the Power Suit set perfectly on the Zero Suit when she summons the armor, but I want to see normal clothes because it's a nice change. All we ever see anymore is the Zero Suit, so seeing some clothes like what she had in Other M's ending was refreshing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I'd rather have the light suit than the fusion suit. But both are fine. Here's hoping the MBR agree with me, because the Prime suits are the best Samus has ever looked. It was a crime not to have them in vBrawl, and the Light Suit and Dark Suits are chief among them.

Light Suit moreso, and "it not being reflective" is just unnecessarily limiting, and keeps Samus away from a cool look just because. Besides, the suit looks badass in normal images. If the PMBR was let loose on it, who knows? It might even look like you want it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
If making the Dark and Fusion Suits is redundant since there are already palette swaps of them for the standard suit, then simply make two new replacement palettes for the color versions on the standard armor.
It amazes me how hard it is to come to the most obvious solutions when you don't want something to work. In other words, this guy gets it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean that definitely works. Anybody for Golden Samus?

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
@Trojanpooh Thanks. Just making new colors was the first thing that came to my mind. Why have just the colors when you could have the actual suits? The Fusion Suit palette could be swapped with the blue colors from Prime 2 multiplayer, and the Dark suit colors could be swapped with either the silver colors from Prime 2 multiplayer, or the Phazon Suit colors if they don't make that an accurate Prime based costume.

@Banjodorf Hmmm, Golden Samus, eh? Sounds like it would really stand out. ;)

Piks

Smash Journeyman

Why wouldn't we be able to make it reflective? I don't know who said that, but it's not a technical limitation we have.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why wouldn't we be able to make it reflective? I don't know who said that, but it's not a technical limitation we have.
Whoa, really? Holy crap. Problem solved!

@Varia - Yeah, something like Golden Mario with a bit more sparkle/non-gold visor. Seems pretty amazing!

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
What, I'm pretty sure they can make something better than that low quality Justin Bailey texture, where did you assume that from my post?

It would probably look similar to this only with less focus boobs and booty, and no arm cannon.
I agree that she should get that. But just because it "doesn't feel right" to you doesn't mean others wouldn't want it. Her civies are fine. If they fall within the parameters of the alt textures, then why not?
Thank you Banjodorf.

http://smashboards.com/members/banjodorf.79976/

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Whoa, really? Holy crap. Problem solved!

@Varia - Yeah, something like Golden Mario with a bit more sparkle/non-gold visor. Seems pretty amazing!
I honesty think we should focus on recolors on doctor mario given the limitations. Personally, I'm for an Ice Mario theme on Blue Doctor Mario.

I'd also like redundant white on peach to be replaced with original toadstool, biker suit, or ice peach

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Banjodorf said:
You know what would look awesome? If her helmet was gold, and the visor was black. :D

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I honesty think we should focus on recolors on doctor mario given the limitations. Personally, I'm for an Ice Mario theme on Blue Doctor Mario.

I'd also like redundant white on peach to be replaced with original toadstool, biker suit, or ice peach
White Peach is supposed to be a reference to a fancy wedding dress which is worn by royalty, it's also a fan favorite by many, I don't think we should get rid of it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I really want just all the alternate Samus suits from the Prime games. Thinking about it they really kicked the whole Samus has to be orange and the suit has to look like so thing in those games. Well if you kinda ignore that Fusion did it too but that feels less impressive in comparison.
http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Gallery:Samus_Aran
http://gyazo.com/b0c1c83a5af9a78df98ac629aea466d5.png
Disregarding games without colour, Samus is almost always orange or primarily orange.

She is almost always orange, but her having suits of other colors started in the first game, with the Varia Suit there being purplish. Metroid 2 was obviously colorless, but Super Metroid had the Power Suit (yellow) and Gravity Suit (purple). Then Fusion had its obviously different suits. He didn't say Samus wasn't iconically orange, but Metroid Prime definitely wasn't the series that started the trend of giving her different suit colors, and he's right to say she almost never has her iconic Varia Suit at the end, because it's usually been upgraded to the Gravity Suit or something.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I meant more that the suit you use for the whole game is different. I've never had the chance to play Prime 2 but as far as I can tell you do spend most of the game in either the dark or light suit and then in corruption you get the PED suit after the tutorial level. For clarity when you think of those games those are the things you immediately associate with it cause they're central to everything.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Not a costume, per-se, but I'd love to see a Hilda colour for either Zelda costume (speaking of which, I want Zelda's costumes to be Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess..whichever is default doesn't matter..but I did an alt colour edit for them both)

I even Tweeted this image to Sakurai..though there are some additional chances I want to see, like TP Zelda's lower part having a pink design similar to her OoT recolour in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and replacing the designs on the cloths hanging from both TP & SS Zeldas' dresses with the design on Hilda's (or a design similar, featuring the Lorulian Triforce)

I'll Just Repost these from earlier, since we're actually talking about it now. No Light Suit because if they can't make it reflective, it won't do the Light Suit justice. And No Civilian clothes because Zero Suit Samus in anything other than a Skin-tight suit is wrong to me.
How about this for Zero Suit Samus' alt? Its even from Zero Mission.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I agree that she should get that. But just because it "doesn't feel right" to you doesn't mean others wouldn't want it. Her civies are fine. If they fall within the parameters of the alt textures, then why not?
Thank you Banjodorf.
I'm sorry I forgot to explain, It wouldn't feel right because Samus would never wear that outfit under her Power Suit.

Also, Thanks to whoever confirmed that they can have reflective models in the game, that makes things easier. I'll update that Soon.

IF Samus gets Civilian Cloths, I would hope it goes with the Light Suit, because it's the most similar to the Other M Varia Suit (Except the Other M Suit looks awful, and the Light Suit looks baller)

How about this for Zero Suit Samus' alt? Its even from Zero Mission.
I already have that as the "Zero Mission Ending Orange Suit", but thanks for giving everyone a picture if they were unaware :)

Shin F.

Smash Master
I just noticed a potential problem with your list, there. The standard Varia Suit and the Zero Suit shouldn't be team colors. They need to be paired together since they're the default outfits, and they both should be in the first slot. Just thought I'd point that out. PMBR could do it without them being paired, but it doesn't really stick to their standards to have the defaults separated that way.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I just noticed a potential problem with your list, there. The standard Varia Suit and the Zero Suit shouldn't be team colors. They need to be paired together since they're the default outfits, and they both should be in the first slot. Just thought I'd point that out. PMBR could do it without them being paired, but it doesn't really stick to their standards to have the defaults separated that way.

I noticed that when I was doing it but there was no other way to get everything I thought was necessary onto the list. It is A Major Problem, but I think it MIGHT be okay because Default Zero Suit DOES put on the "Default" Fusion Suit. I could Also have the Varia Suit shed into the Orange Zero Mission Ending Suit, and have them on the red team...

Shin F.

Smash Master
I noticed that when I was doing it but there was no other way to get everything I thought was necessary onto the list. It is A Major Problem, but I think it MIGHT be okay because Default Zero Suit DOES put on the "Default" Fusion Suit. I could Also have the Varia Suit shed into the Orange Zero Mission Ending Suit, and have them on the red team...
I was thinking about that - are Fusion Suit team colors really necessary?

Hmm. If I was going to do it, here's how I would like to have her costumes:

1. Default Varia
2. vBrawl Red or UAM 1 (R)
3. vBrawl Green or MP2 Green (G)
4. Fusion Suit (B)
5. Gravity Suit
6. Phazon Suit
7. Dark Suit
8. Light Suit
9. PED Suit
10. 'Dark Samus' look-alike suit / PED Suit in Hyper Mode

1. Default ZSS
2. Zero Mission Ending
3. Military Clothes or Civvies (Other M)
4. Cyan
5. Purple
6. Black
7. Brown
8. White
9. Justin Bailey
10. 'Corrupted' Samus

The Gravity and Fusion Suits are interchangeable, since they could both potentially fill the role of her blue costume. The Hyper PED / Dark Samus / Corrupted Samus suits would have effects using Aura or Darkness to make it look like Phazon, if that's possible.

Since UAM 1 is something I don't think I've seen mentioned, here's a link for anyone who doesn't know what it is.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/UAM_1_(Metroid_Fusion)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What I'd like to see:
Mario: Wario colors replacing his brown and white colors.
Luigi: Dr. Luigi.
Peach: A Rosalina recolor (much like her Daisy recolor). Oh, and a classic SMB recolor (white dress).
Bowser: A "Dark Bowser" recolor, much like Link's Dark Link appearance.
Donkey Kong: A green color with the same fur tone as K. Rool's skin.
Diddy Kong: An outfit with him wearing DK's tie! :laugh:
Link: The black or purple Melee Link costume returning (I'd side with probably the black). Oh, and his Skyward Sword look (specifically pre-Link wearing his green outfit) and Twilight Princess Ordon Village outfit.
Toon Link: Conductor Link colors. Also, a golden outfit, much like Link's golden outfit. A Melee Link-esk black outfit would be a nice touch, too.
Zelda: A Ocarina of Time child Zelda outfit, a classic (ALTTP) Zelda outfit, a Hilda recolor, a Skyward Sword look, and/or a Hooded Zelda outfit.
Sheik: A hooded Sheik appearance. Oh, and a more Melee-esk recolor of her original outfit.
Ganondorf: Two words: Green Tunic! :laugh:
Samus: Light Suit, PED Suit, Dark Suit, and maybe a redone Fusion Suit. Basically, just upgrade her suits to look more like in her games, if possible! :)
Zero Suit Samus: Classic green hair, Other M short hair look. Oh, and a pure red outfit would be sweet. :shades:
Yoshi: If you could add anything, silver Yoshi would be it. Oh, and maybe give the black Yoshi Boshi's glasses. :grin:
Kirby: Various recolors from Kirby's Air Ride and recent Kirby games. Orange, brown, and black IMO would be awesome.
Meta Knight: Same as Kirby.
King Dedede: Same as above. However, I would like to see King Dedede in one of his alter ego outfits.
Fox: If anything could be added, it would be the Brawl recolors on Melee Fox.
Falco: Same as Fox.
Wolf: More Star Fox 64 outfits please! :)
Pikachu: More Party Hat recolors would be awesome! Oh, and a Raichu recolor (fur color), or a female Pikachu (the tail isn't pointy at the end).
Jigglypuff: More bow colors.
Mewtwo: A super black, a bright red, and/or a golden recolor! :)
Lucario: A Charizard Orange, a Purple color similar to Yoshi's purple, a Silver recolor (if possible), and a ruby red color would all make excellent recolors.
Squirtle: Pikachu yellow, default Squirtle Squad glasses Squirtle, golden Squirtle.
Ivysaur: Charizard orange, pure black, pure purple, golden Ivysaur.
Charizard: Arceus white, pure purple, golden Charizard.
Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon Emblem on his red outfit, a Samurai Goroh outfit/recolor, a Captain Falcon unmasked look, a golden outfit with a silver visor, and a dark purple Black Shadow-esk outfit.
Ness: Jeff's outfit, Poo's outfit, a more Ninten-esk outfit, and a Runaway Five t-shirt outfit.
Lucas: Give him his father's outfit. Oh, and get him a souvenir shirt from New Pork City!
Ice Climbers: Any outfit where you play as Nana instead of Popo. But colors that stick out to me: purple, golden, orange, light green (maybe neon green), silver, ruby, etc for their outfits.
Marth: All pink Marth (dat breast cancer awareness), golden Marth recolor, the old light blue Marth recolor coming back, and an orange outfit. Oh, and maybe a model based on his newer look.
Roy: A purple outfit (that majesty), Roy in his father's (Ephriam) armor, and a light blue Roy outfit recolor.
Ike: Radiant Dawn Ike with the same outfits (especially the standard outfit, gold outfit, green outfit, and red outfit).
Mr. Game & Watch: Purple, silver, orange, and white recolors.
Pit: A better Dark Pit look (maybe red eyes=???), a silver outfit, a purple outfit, a turquoise outfit, and a classic Melee trophy Pit look.
Wario: I doubt it is possible to add anything to him, but if I could, I'd give him a Masters of Disguise outfit, as well as a Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi recolor for both of his outfits.
Snake: Old (MGS4) Snake (with or without the eye patch), MGS1 Snake, Snake in a tuxedo, and Snake wearing his Sneaking Suit.
Olimar: Pink recolor outfit, black suit Olimar, and a pure white suit.
R.O.B.: Wii White, DS/3DS ROB (with DS/3DS eyes), PS2/3/4 colored ROB, and maybe PS1/x colored ROB.
Sonic: Super Sonic Gold, Shadow Black recolor, a Tails-esk colored orange/yellow (or whatever color that is), a pink (Amy Rose) recolor, and a purple (Big the Cat) recolor. :troll:
Yeah... sorry for my list being so long!!!! :laugh:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What's golden Samus? Is it a suit or something? Also, we do have a purple(ish) recolor, and I agree that we put the suits over the recolors they're based on, and add 4 more suits to max out Samus's palette swap options.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
There are already recolors where you play as Nana in lead for the Icies. The CSS won't tell you which one's in lead, but they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom