• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
You're the new one here. What do you mean that's not how alt's work? I don't know at all how likely it is they wil reskin the current ganondorf as black shadow but people were talking about in in the "Clone Engine Character Speculation and Discussion Thread" so that's why I mentioned it and I like ganondorf as he is (actually I would prefer he kept his brawl upsmash) but I wouldn't mind if they turned him into black shadow as long as he had a ganondorf alt costume
Alt rules say that he wouldn't be able to have the Ganondorf alt. He would be Black Shadow and no one else. If Ganondorf gets his moveset change that everyone wants then that's it. No more captain of the slam team Ganondorf.
Seems somebody already told you about it. So just ignore this.

Shin F.

Smash Master

no god please no sir aaron clothes a ****ty outfit from a ****ty movie thatt everyone wants to forget
Err.... have you read through the thread? Every time it's been brought up, everyone who commented on it except you has said they'd like it as a costume. Also - I don't care for the movie, but that outfit was pretty awesome.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
silly opinion
lucarios got his own little alt costume thread, and in there its maybe 70/30 no/yes for the horrible sir aaron clothes. its just bad, really bad and weird looking. maybe you think everyone wants the outfit because a pretty vocal minority of lucario fans/mains are degenerate furries who actually think lucario and aaron have some poke-homo thing going on. i hope pmbr doesnt encourage that garbage by giving him a costume that represents that. if they gave him the black belt gi +headband combo it could officially be him in the black belt trainer outfit, but really its just lucaryu as some have already come to call him

Kati

Smash Lord
First off, when I said there were model changes 'in that one', I was referring to the game, not the specific costume. And yes, there were some small model changes for some costumes in Melee, as demonstrated by Peach's Daisy costume having her brooch. Neither of us specifically said that Blood Falcon had model changes.

Second, after having looked up his costumes on wiki, Blood Falcon does have skulls on him in both Melee and Brawl - as a texture on his back. Not a model change.
Yes, good point with Daisy.

I already mentioned the singular skull being a texture change.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
lucarios got his own little alt costume thread, and in there its maybe 70/30 no/yes for the horrible sir aaron clothes. its just bad, really bad and weird looking. maybe you think everyone wants the outfit because a pretty vocal minority of lucario fans/mains are degenerate furries who actually think lucario and aaron have some poke-homo thing going on. i hope pmbr doesnt encourage that garbage by giving him a costume that represents that. if they gave him the black belt gi +headband combo it could officially be him in the black belt trainer outfit, but really its just lucaryu as some have already come to call him
Y'know some people can actually like the costume, y'know. You don't have to be a **** making assumptions about people. Jeez get your head out of your ass man. Nobody here said anything about "furries" or "poke homo" and you're the one who brought that here hating. Jesus man whether or not those things are garbage is debatable but what is garbage is prejudice hate that comes out of nowhere. Don't bring hate into the topic or don't post in the topic at all.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Second, after having looked up his costumes on wiki, Blood Falcon does have skulls on him in both Melee and Brawl - as a texture on his back. Not a model change.
Yeah, this is mostly what I meant. Though I do for some reason remember a skull on his helmet in one of the games...

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something I'd like to see. A Zelda recolor that makes her dress white and purple, along with red hair.
It technically wouldn't be a Malon outfit, but rather a recolor like Peach's Daisy skin.

malon.png

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
alternate costumes needed!
-Squirtle squad squirtle
-old snake MGS4
-Mega evolution charizard
-mega evolution lucario

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
silly, silly assumptions
NO.
i did my research before i wrote my previous comment. theyre out there, even the characters video thread jokingly makes a reference of it. i was very clear not to make any wide generalizations about people/ lucario fans/mains because im a fan of the guy myself, or did you not see the part where i said "a vocal minority". these arent assumptions, they are facts. in my studying of the sir aaron costume is where i found the creepy homo **** fantasies that people dream up of lucario and sir aaron. excuse the **** outta me for not being a huge fan of a costume that could symbolize that. theres a sizeable bunch of people into that stuff and its straight weird, and thats not up for debate.
dont believe me?
http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/17212136/lucario-and-sir-aaron

Shin F.

Smash Master
NO.
i did my research before i wrote my previous comment. theyre out there, even the characters video thread jokingly makes a reference of it. i was very clear not to make any wide generalizations about people/ lucario fans/mains because im a fan of the guy myself, or did you not see the part where i said "a vocal minority". these arent assumptions, they are facts. in my studying of the sir aaron costume is where i found the creepy homo **** fantasies that people dream up of lucario and sir aaron. excuse the **** outta me for not being a huge fan of a costume that could symbolize that. theres a sizeable bunch of people into that stuff and its straight weird, and thats not up for debate.
dont believe me?
http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/17212136/lucario-and-sir-aaron
You know what's silly? Saying that the costume represents Aaron/Lucario when it's just a set of clothes and then linking to a fanfiction to try to prove your point. Every fandom has freak pairings between characters like that. Look at Harry Potter, I guarantee you won't find a character in the story that Harry hasn't been paired with. That doesn't make something innocuous like a costume one of them wears represent it. There is no hint in the movie of Aaron and Lucario being anything other than close friends and comrades. You are making generalizations by saying that anyone who likes the costume is an Aaron/Lucario furry who writes yaoi. If you've run across Slash fanfiction and taken it as canon, that's your own damn fault for reading the crap.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Snake alt wishlist:

Old Snake
MGS1 Snake
Naked Snake
NAKED Snake

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Snake alt wishlist:

Old Snake
MGS1 Snake
Naked Snake
NAKED Snake
Don't forget Snake in a tuxedo. If I had the choice of Snake getting a tux or every other character getting a new outfit, it would be tux Snake.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
all i want is helix king lord genome for ganon. is that too much to ask!?

(yeah, i know it's not so simple, since he would probably need a brand new model, but it's still a dream!)

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
all i want is helix king lord genome for ganon. is that too much to ask!?

(yeah, i know it's not so simple, since he would probably need a brand new model, but it's still a dream!)
Lordgenome from Gurren Lagann? That would be cool, but it wouldn't happen in a million years.
We'd have to fight him with Ike if this ever did happen, though. Haha.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Lordgenome from Gurren Lagann? That would be cool, but it wouldn't happen in a million years.
We'd have to fight him with Ike if this ever did happen, though. Haha.
We'd also need to get an orange version of the Squirtle Squad glasses for Ike to put on via a taunt command.

Edit: Speaking of... wonder if it would be possible if each Squirtle color could come with a uniquely colored pair of glasses.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Did Snake wear a tux in MGS2 or 4, or another game? I can't recall. All I know is we literally need it. That and Solid Eye Old Snake.

Link's new model in Hyrule Warriors could be pretty amazing too.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
Look at Harry Potter,
no thanks.
this is tiring, and your argument has more holes than swiss cheese
how is it my fault for searching up something before i decide how i feel about it or not? where did i say i mistook it for canon? how would one mistake lucario getting ***** by sir aaron for canon are you out of your ****ing mind? you also keep saying im making generalizations when im not.also nothing about that outfit is canon, nothing about smash bros is canon and thats part of the beauty of it. theres also NO HINT that he would wear the guys clothes.i only linked the story so you wouldnt think i was pulling these stories out of thin air. the costume sucks, and it does have strong ties to the fictions just by looking at it, or by searching lucario sir aaron? anyone who wanted to search the costume would probably come across those terribad stories as i did anyway. back to the point, i dont think a single ****ty picture off deviantart would be reason enough for the pmbr's art team to undertake what looks like a really hard task with the hat cloak and staff. the end point is its a ****ty design that nods to a ****ty movie, and would be a ****ty prospect as a costume considering what other options might be available to him. how about this, i'll go to the lucario forums alt costume thread and have an unbiased poll, among people who have a say in the matter, not here where maybe less than 10% of people give a damn about the character. if people are in favor of it i'll drop the argument, and it makes it in the next update, whoopdey doo i'll just ignore it. deal?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uh....I'll counter that by saying Mewtwo's suit isn't canon to the games either, and people have different tastes. I typically hear that movie called the best or most tolerable one past the first.

Shin F.

Smash Master
no thanks.
Why not? You read furry yaoi fanfiction. You can't get much lower than that.
how is it my fault for searching up something before i decide how i feel about it or not?
Why on earth do you consider fanfiction a good way to consider how you feel about it? It has zero to do with how most people view things.
where did i say i mistook it for canon? how would one mistake lucario getting ***** by sir aaron for canon are you out of your ****ing mind?
The very fact that you associate them means that you're taking the crap seriously.
you also keep saying im making generalizations when im not.
Yeah, you kind of are.
also nothing about that outfit is canon
How do you figure? It was in the movie. It's no less canon than Mewtwo's armor.
nothing about smash bros is canon and thats part of the beauty of it.
No, Smash isn't canon. You're right about that. But it does draw from canon. Also, you do realize that the Black Belt costume suggestion you made for Lucario is FAR less canon than Aaron's, right?
i only linked the story so you wouldnt think i was pulling these stories out of thin air. the costume sucks, and it does have strong ties to the fictions just by looking at it, or by searching lucario sir aaron? anyone who wanted to search the costume would probably come across those terribad stories as i did anyway.
You're right, you can search for perfectly normal things and come across this kind of crap. That doesn't mean you have to actually read it. The first sentence should've been enough to tell you to hit your back button.
the end point is its a ****ty design that nods to a ****ty movie, and would be a ****ty prospect as a costume considering what other options might be available to him. how about this, i'll go to the lucario forums alt costume thread and have an unbiased poll,
Make sure to link it here so everyone can see it.
among people who have a say in the matter
Wat. PMBR are the only ones who get to make decisions about that. No one else has any say whether they do it or not.
not here where maybe less than 10% of people give a damn about the character.
Oh, my. There's those generalizations again.
if people are in favor of it i'll drop the argument, and it makes it in the next update, whoopdey doo i'll just ignore it. deal?
Fine. I don't see why we had to go through this ******** argument to get to this point.

If the next post about this topic doesn't have at least something of a good argument, I'm just gonna assume you're trolling and ignore it. Calling it ****ty (which, as Banjodorf has said, is purely a matter of taste; everyone I've seen talk about it besides you enjoyed it quite thoroughly) is not a good argument. Citing fanfiction is a much worse argument, and saying that the outfit represents it is the worst possible kind of argument you can make. It's just a set a clothes.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Playing A Link Between Worlds like a nut and...
How about Tink gets the Blue and Red themed colors from those games?
Dat Blue and Yellow Pallet is fab.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Did Snake wear a tux in MGS2 or 4, or another game? I can't recall. All I know is we literally need it. That and Solid Eye Old Snake.

Link's new model in Hyrule Warriors could be pretty amazing too.
Beating MGS1 three times unlocks the tuxedo outfit, you can wear it in MGS2's VR Missions, it's unlocked after beating MGS3 (different Snake, but still), and Snake wears a suit in the end of MGS4. A few of the other MGS games also include an unlcokable tuxedo outfit.

And the Hyrule Warriors outfit would be cool, but it might be difficult to make the scarf work.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
So, hear me out guys I feel as though Gannondorf could use a Octoberfest outfit, because anytime is a good time for Das Boot.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
I know this is a few messages ago, but I found a non offensive link about this sir Aaron (who's costume does seem pretty cool)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sir_Aaron

on a random note, when I first heard of sir Aaron (via reading this topic), for some reason I imagined the Pokemon Aron with a monocle and top hat.

and on another note, my main reason for coming here was to add a vote to the probably overly requested Roy in his awakening costume, or the lesser (and possibly first time being) requested, Roy dressed as Eliwood costume.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
silly stuff
- i was lurking around this costume place for awhile now, and ive seen the costume brought up about 3-4 times, and they werent as enthused as you say they were to say the least. i can see now you arent even reading what im saying, not forming a coherent argument and simply repeating the same thing over and over again. this is the internet so thats understandable, i honestly expected less from you. :ohwell:
-because the outfit is a fanfiction itself (when on lucario) thats more or less associated with the other weird ass fanfictions tied into the movie
-damn, i must have fell asleep at the part in the movie where he puts on the costume then. as opposed to mewtwo who we know wore the armor for a reason, for a purpose.
-and sure pmbr have the final say but dont ya think they would take the gathered opinion of those who play the character over just general opinion. watch the 3.0 preview stream where cmart said how he took what wizzrobe said into account when balancing sanic, as opposed to some random ****head who didnt put the hours into the character. dont you think the pmbr think that the people who've put time into the character have a slightly bigger say than the general public who just "think its cool"??
- honestly i couldnt care less about your thoughts or opinions, you never even brought up how you feel about it. do you even play the character? do you like the idea of the costume? (dont answer that because i dont give a rats ass) you wouldnt like someone suggest making weird ****ty alts for your main now would you? im done with you
stay classy internetz

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
- i was lurking around this costume place for awhile now, and ive seen the costume brought up about 3-4 times, and they werent as enthused as you say they were to say the least. i can see now you arent even reading what im saying, not forming a coherent argument and simply repeating the same thing over and over again. this is the internet so thats understandable, i honestly expected less from you. :ohwell:
-because the outfit is a fanfiction itself (when on lucario) thats more or less associated with the other weird *** fanfictions tied into the movie
-damn, i must have fell asleep at the part in the movie where he puts on the costume then. as opposed to mewtwo who we know wore the armor for a reason, for a purpose.
-and sure pmbr have the final say but dont ya think they would take the gathered opinion of those who play the character over just general opinion. watch the 3.0 preview stream where cmart said how he took what wizzrobe said into account when balancing sanic, as opposed to some random ****head who didnt put the hours into the character. dont you think the pmbr think that the people who've put time into the character have a slightly bigger say than the general public who just "think its cool"??
- honestly i couldnt care less about your thoughts or opinions, you never even brought up how you feel about it. do you even play the character? do you like the idea of the costume? (dont answer that because i dont give a rats ***) you wouldnt like someone suggest making weird ****ty alts for your main now would you? im done with you
stay classy internetz
I guess I just missed the game/episode where Lucario went around stealing clothes from blackbelts of who-knows-the-hell-what-quando, or maybe it was in some fanfiction you were reading at the time.

Are you saying that your an important person when it comes what does and doesn`t happen in this game? I main Lucario and have spent hours learning him so should I get to have a bigger impact on this topic even though I`ve never entered a tournament?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
- i was lurking around this costume place for awhile now, and ive seen the costume brought up about 3-4 times, and they werent as enthused as you say they were to say the least.
I wasn't talking specifically about this place and the costume, I was talking about the reception to the movie and characters in general. If it weren't popular, Lucario wouldn't have even been in Brawl in the first place. Besides that, I don't recall seeing anyone else in this thread opposed to it.
i can see now you arent even reading what im saying, not forming a coherent argument and simply repeating the same thing over and over again. this is the internet so thats understandable, i honestly expected less from you. :ohwell:
You're a tad mixed up here. You're the one mindlessly repeating that it's a ****ty movie representing yaoi fanfics, which is, to say the least, stupid.
-because the outfit is a fanfiction itself (when on lucario) thats more or less associated with the other weird *** fanfictions tied into the movie
Because Lucario definitely wore the Black Belt outfit you're wanting. And Pikachu definitely wore those goggles and that bandana and the pirate hat. And Jigglyouff definitely wears those crown and fairy wing costumes. Oh, wait-
You know, I went and looked at that thread in the Lucario section you were talking about. It's one page long, with only one person other than you saying they didn't like the costume. Even then, they certainly didn't say anything about these freaky furry fantasies of yours. There's been less talk about Lucario alts in the Lucario alt thread than in the primary alt thread where we talk about every character! Fancy that!
you never even brought up how you feel about it. do you even play the character? do you like the idea of the costume? (dont answer that because i dont give a rats ***)
do you like the idea of the costume?
Oh, my, everyone! Stand back! The Force is strong with this one!

Shouldn't it be obvious what I think about the costume considering it was in my list of wanted alt costumes and you quoted / replied to it? FYI, yes, I do play the character. Do I necessarily main him? No. You know what? There can be fans of the character who main others. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have a say in his alts.
you wouldnt like someone suggest making weird ****ty alts for your main now would you? im done with you
stay classy internetz
Again, you're just mindlessly repeating that the alt is ****ty. The feeling of being done with this argument is mutual. In retrospect, the fact that you posted that furry junk in the first place should have tipped me off that I'd be better off not wasting my time with your rhetoric much sooner. In fact, I'm going to spoiler my entire reply to you just so that I don't have to bother everyone else with you any longer. If you want to post again to have the last word, feel free.
And the Hyrule Warriors outfit would be cool, but it might be difficult to make the scarf work.
Yeah, it's too bad. The Hyrule Warriors or Skyward Sword Manga versions of Link would both be really awesome. Of course, I'm pretty sure they could always add new bones to that model but not the others so that they would only affect the one costume, but it would be quite a bit of extra work to animate it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute. Shadow Peach has extra bones for that tassel-cape thing that follows behind her right?

Couldn't the same be done for Scarf Link?

@Viewtifulhoe: I think the Sir Aaron outfit would be a neat callback to the movie, since we can't just add Sir Aaron himself. If you don't, that's cool, but you might want to lighten up.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wait a minute. Shadow Peach has extra bones for that tassel-cape thing that follows behind her right?

Couldn't the same be done for Scarf Link?
Nah, the cape uses her hair bones. Still, I'm pretty sure they can add bones to single models, because I'm nearly positive I've seen it done on the Vault before.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Would it be at all possible to replace Links Red and Blue recolor costumes with the Magic Armor and Zora Tunic from Twilight Princess? Maybe even replace the yellow recolor costume with his Ordon clothes, and change the Hylian Shield and Master Sword for the Ordon Shield and Ordon Sword?
If you just want to replace costumes yourself you can easily mod your game through the P:M files on your SD card (at least in the homebrew version you can, I assume it's the same throughout though.) Everything you've listed there pretty much I actually have in my game + others, just searching for it on Brawl vault.

People like using the different colours so they're unlikely to be changed unless they represent another costume that could be made properly e.g. Blood Falcon on C. Falcon.

Japes

Smash Rookie
This is random but I'm gonna throw out an idea:

What if doc's entrance, instead of a pipe, was a pill bottle?

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Nah, the cape uses her hair bones. Still, I'm pretty sure they can add bones to single models, because I'm nearly positive I've seen it done on the Vault before.
Even if it's not, I just thought of something. What if they added the bones to all of the costumes, but it only actually had a model on it in the scarf and cape alts? Like, the palette swaps would just be invisible where the cape should appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom