• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I see. Personally, I could do without the visible buttocks. I think that is way too risque for Smash Bros. anyway.
The game is already rated T for Teen and there's a very nice ass shot of Samus in a SSE cutscene anyway. It's no big deal. XD

lag comp

Smash Rookie
Gee, I can't wait to replace all these alternate costumes with palette swaps!

Malion

Smash Ace
I finally made some mock-ups of what a Outset Toon Link palette swap could potentially be.

The first one is just standard hue shifting.

The second set is if the lobster could also be different colours.

The last is a bit more strange, it's different potential patterns. Guess the pattern references. :D

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
dunno if anyone has said this before, but I really NEED an alternate costume of lucario that's similar to this

(don't judge I randomly found it online for the record I could probably make a better image)
but maybe without the extra hair. I wouldn't mind it without that.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
dunno if anyone has said this before, but I really NEED an alternate costume of lucario that's similar to this

(don't judge I randomly found it online for the record I could probably make a better image)
I posted this very early on in the thread as well, I'm certainly in support of an Aaron-Lucario costume.

MLGF

Smash Lord

High fashion.
And I think the second to last Tink alt is Vaati

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Oh right, My bad. Not sure why I said HMS, since he doesn't even have purple hair.

Malion

Smash Ace
I could make a lot more of these things. Happy Mask could be a good alt colour... I should make a Princess Zelda colourscheme to make up for Toon Zelda never being in (like Diddy's Dixie colourscheme)

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I could make a lot more of these things. Happy Mask could be a good alt colour... I should make a Princess Zelda colourscheme to make up for Toon Zelda never being in (like Diddy's Dixie colourscheme)
Could you possibly make a King of the Red Lions inspired design?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I finally made some mock-ups of what a Outset Toon Link palette swap could potentially be.

The first one is just standard hue shifting.

The second set is if the lobster could also be different colours.

The last is a bit more strange, it's different potential patterns. Guess the pattern references. :D
DUDE.

You have to release these in model form when the demo is released. I need these.

Personally I like the first set the best.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, here are OoT Link's recolors. Those Outset Links look nice, by the way! I like the white/blue costume.

Pretty straightforward with it, they're just the different tunics.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I love all those Toon Links. They look fantastic. The OoT Link colors look pretty solid too.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
I suggested this as well, I would love this for Lucario.
10/10 would main him instantly

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
Speaking of which, here are OoT Link's recolors. Those Outset Links look nice, by the way! I like the white/blue costume.

Pretty straightforward with it, they're just the different tunics.
Imo, these should be the only Oot Link recolors.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The game is already rated T for Teen and there's a very nice *** shot of Samus in a SSE cutscene anyway. It's no big deal. XD
I see.

Either way, I do think NES Justin Bailey Samus would be a good alternate costume choice for Zero Suit Samus, especially considering it was the first playable form of suitless Samus up until the emergence of the Zero Suit.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I see.

Either way, I do think NES Justin Bailey Samus would be a good alternate costume choice for Zero Suit Samus, especially considering it was the first playable form of suitless Samus up until the emergence of the Zero Suit.
That reasoning is sound, I'll admit to that, but I'm still pretty pissed that Nintendo would exploit one of their only female protagonists, toted as being the best bounty hunter in the universe, by consistently placing her in skimpy clothing game after game.

Personally, if the 'Justin Bailey' costume gets in, I'm replacing it with either the military outfit or civilian clothing from Other M. The game sucks, but at least Samus is dressed appropriately for about half the game (until the Zero Suit comes back tighter then ever, and with high heels).

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Brawl ZSS's suit looks a lot more tighter, seeing as how it shows off the shape of her boobies even more.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be honest I was never fond of Zero Suit Samus (back when Zero Mission was released) because it was pretty blatant fanservice. The other suitless versions of Samus that existed prior to her were fine in my opinion. That Zero Suit Samus got in over Ridley back during 2006 was a slap in the face to many Metroid fans.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That reasoning is sound, I'll admit to that, but I'm still pretty pissed that Nintendo would exploit one of their only female protagonists, toted as being the best bounty hunter in the universe, by consistently placing her in skimpy clothing game after game.

Personally, if the 'Justin Bailey' costume gets in, I'm replacing it with either the military outfit or civilian clothing from Other M. The game sucks, but at least Samus is dressed appropriately for about half the game (until the Zero Suit comes back tighter then ever, and with high heels).
Oh stop with that nonsense. Every character in anything, regardless of gender, can be sexually exploited. It's not just down to females. There's a reason most characters are made to look physically attractive regardless of how their personality is. Whether it just being attractive or it being made to look sexy it's pretty much the same deal. It's nothing to cry over and it goes both ways.

Justin Bailey is perfectly fine and so is the military outfit or the civilian outfit or even any of the other "zero suits". Live and let live, will ya?

Besides, we don't know that we'll be able to use whatever other outfits we want instead of the ones picked out and made specifically for this engine. I don't see why it'd be made that way, but it could be possible.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be fair, Justin Bailey Samus is not even fanservicey (in the sexual sense).

The exposed buttocks thing is not even canon to it (though to be fair we don't even know what the backside to that outfit even looked like). So they can easily still include retro suitless Samus, and not have it be "fanservice-y".

Personally, I would opt against making the outfit "fanservice-y" but that is just me. Just for a very long time fan of Metroid, it would be nice to see the first form of suitless Samus acknowledged, even if just as a pallette swap.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To be fair, Justin Bailey Samus is not even fanservicey (in the sexual sense).
Oh please, every suit Samus wears is slightly raunchy and attractive even if they don't put in "certain details". It's not gonna stop people from thinking that way, as you guys have clearly demonstrated. XD

From how Samus's model already is, the Justin Bailey suit could easily be made from it without any (very petty) worries such as those and yet there will still be someone complaining just as people did for the normal Zero Suit itself. Why bother listening to these people when they're just going to whine regardless? Ignore them and just do it.

Either use one of her many other suits or just go with the military outfit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
From how Samus's model already is, the Justin Bailey suit could easily be made from it without any (very petty) worries such as those and yet there will still be someone complaining just as people did for the normal Zero Suit itself. Why bother listening to these people when they're just going to whine regardless? Ignore them and just do it.
I think only two people have complained so far, and one of them (myself) was irked merely about backside to a fan resin model, not so much the idea of the costume itself.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Oh stop with that nonsense. Every character in anything, regardless of gender, can be sexually exploited. It's not just down to females. There's a reason most characters are made to look physically attractive regardless of how their personality is. Whether it just being attractive or it being made to look sexy it's pretty much the same deal. It's nothing to cry over and it goes both ways.

Justin Bailey is perfectly fine and so is the military outfit or the civilian outfit or even any of the other "zero suits". Live and let live, will ya?
I'm afraid I don't understand your logic. I know that both sexes can be sexually exploited, I'm just saying that Nintendo has really only done so with very few characters, and it just so happens their most popular female character is not represented in a way that dignifies her back story. Greatest bounty hunter, prodigy of the chozo, high ranking military officer =/= skin tight latex, sometimes exposed midriff, high heels (the shoes make absolutely no sense in a combat setting)

Granted, given the design of the power suit Samus cannot wear particularly cumbersome clothing, but that does not excuse the blatant fan-service Nintendo includes in Metroid games. Nearly every game in the series rewards players with high completion percentages and fast finishing times with images of Samus in little clothing. After finishing her epic missions through treacherous alien planets, after participating in hostile enemy encounters, what happens next? Her accomplishments are discarded and she is treated as a pin-up girl. There is no dignity in that.

There is a difference between being sexually alluring and being purposely designed to be sexually exploited. If you enjoy the Justin Bailey or Zero Suit clothing, fine, that correlates with your own tastes and I have no business telling you otherwise. However, being sexy shouldn't define Samus, yet it does as soon as the armor comes off.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Virtual Boy ROB:

Am I the only one who thinks this should've been a recolor? I mean, this is pretty great and all, but it seems forced. Like it's an alt for the sake of being an alt.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're not doing a full Virtual Boy ROB set or anything, it's just one outfit. I'm not seeing the issue or confusion here.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I think he means it should have just been a texture. I also think he's crazy; the costume is amazing.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the detail is amazing, I especially like the included Nintendo customer service number. You can tell a lot of effort and devotion went into this costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom