• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
So, now since FE12 Marth is SSB4's. Shouldn't PM go with Awakening Marth? Imo even if they were thinking about FE12's, Awakening's a far better choice. Since there is Roy from Awakening, and Ike too. Will look forward to that!
yeah but the only character Imo that's in Project M that looks decent in Awakening is Roy, I'd much prefer Ike getting his Lord or Vanguard appearances then his awakening one, for Marth we could go with his Fire emblem shadow dragon look instead

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
yeah but the only character Imo that's in Project M that looks decent in Awakening is Roy, I'd much prefer Ike getting his Lord or Vanguard appearances then his awakening one, for Marth we could go with his Fire emblem shadow dragon look instead
I would Definitely go for FE9!Lord Ike and Awakening Marth

Roy however... ehh... not to much a fan of his awakening design. Way to over designed in my honest opinion.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I would Definitely go for FE9!Lord Ike and Awakening Marth

Roy however... ehh... not to much a fan of his awakening design. Way to over designed in my honest opinion.
I think with something like this a poll is in order for who gets what as a alt

it could be like

Marth
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem Mystery of the Fire Emblem (not very likely due to the inclusion in SSB4)

Roy
Fire Emblem Awakening
Wearing clothes that looks like Eliwood's perhaps

Ike
Fire Emblem Awakening
Lord class
Hero class
Vanguard class

Now I'm left wondering if the black recolor will be Ocarina of Time Dark Link with the reflective body texturing, or just Link in a black tunic.
Most likely they will choose the one from melee as it would be easier to see on other stages, the real question would be is Oot Link getting a sixth tunic slot even though he had five in melee? (the gold palette being new to Brawl)

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
So, for now we can assume that:

1.Since OoT Link is Link's Alt Costume, my guess would be that Ganondorf, Zelda and Sheik get their OoT Costumes too.
2.Since Melee Fox is Fox's Alt Costume, my guess would be that Falco will have his Melee Costume too(So hyped for that actually, I wanna see how it'll look with the enhancements and stuff), and possibly Wolf with his Melee/64 Costume.
3.Since Marth in SSB4 is appearing as he did in FE12, I really don't think that PMBR will jeopardize anything and use it too, so my guess is that Marth will take his Awakening style, so will Roy and Ike.

That's all I can assume for sure right now.

splat

Smash Lord
So, for now we can assume that:

1.Since OoT Link is Link's Alt Costume, my guess would be that Ganondorf, Zelda and Sheik get their OoT Costumes too.
2.Since Melee Fox is Fox's Alt Costume, my guess would be that Falco will have his Melee Costume too(So hyped for that actually, I wanna see how it'll look with the enhancements and stuff), and possibly Wolf with his Melee/64 Costume.
3.Since Marth in SSB4 is appearing as he did in FE12, I really don't think that PMBR will jeopardize anything and use it too, so my guess is that Marth will take his Awakening style, so will Roy and Ike.

That's all I can assume for sure right now.

While I'd like it if characters from the same series would get costumes from the same games, we can't really assume as much: the costumes for the Mario series are from four different games as well: Dr. Mario, Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and New Super Mario Bros.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Lucina could be an alt costume in ssb4... Nevermind they could just give hime the outfit with the mask

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
While I'd like it if characters from the same series would get costumes from the same games, we can't really assume as much: the costumes for the Mario series are from four different games as well: Dr. Mario, Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and New Super Mario Bros.

I think this was already debated. The difference between the Mario series and the others like FE and Zelda.

But anyway, to sum it up, it wouldn't be as professional if for example: OoT Link for Link, and Skyward Sword Zelda for Zelda, it just won't work. Now unless this was the only Alt costume possible for Zelda, like Dr. Mario for Mario, Mr.L for Luigi, Dry Bowser for Bowser, and Shadow Queen for Peach(Yes, all of them, you can't think of anything else for their corresponding characters), it wouldn't look as bad. I don't know how to explain this better since my English is actually limited ;_;

splat

Smash Lord
I think this was already debated. The difference between the Mario series and the others like FE and Zelda.

Now unless this was the only Alt costume possible for Zelda, like Dr. Mario for Mario, Mr.L for Luigi, Dry Bowser for Bowser, and Shadow Queen for Peach(Yes, all of them, you can't think of anything else for their corresponding characters)
I hadn't seen it being debated, this thread moves faster than Usain Bolt at times, so I miss things every now and then.

As for possible costumes for the Mario cast (I'm not arguing that most of these picks are the best choices, but they're possible nonetheless) - there are plenty of options apart from the ones used:

Mario:
- Sunshine costume
- Any of his five Mario Party 2 costumes (Pirate, Cowboy, Astronaut, Explorer, Wizard)
- Striker Mario (Mario Strikers Charged)
- Any of the power-ups he can use
- NES Golf Outfit
- Mario's Tennis Outfit

Luigi
- Any of his five Mario Party 2 costumes (Pirate, Cowboy, Astronaut, Explorer, Wizard)
- Parade Luigi (Paper Mario ending)
- Striker Luigi (Mario Strikers Charged)
- NES Golf Outfit
- Mario's Tennis Outfit

Peach
- Sunshine dress (minor difference, but different nonetheless)
- Any of her five Mario Party 2 costumes (Pirate, Cowboy, Astronaut, Explorer, Wizard)
- Sport Suit Peach (Mario Sports Mix)
- Nurse Peach (Dr. Mario)
- Short Dress Peach (Mario Power Tennis, also used in Golf) - different version in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Striker Peach (Mario Strikers Charged)
- Motor Peach (Mario Kart Wii)
- Wedding Dress Peach (Super Paper Mario)

Bowser
- Wedding Suit Bowser (Super Paper Mario)
- Any of his Mario Party 2 costumes (Wizard, Pirate)
- Armored Bowser (Yoshi's Safari)
- Dreamy Bowser (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
- Striker Bowser (Mario Strikers Charged)
- Rookie

meow

Smash Apprentice
Mario and luigi have a lot of costumes
Penguin frog tanooki hammer bro shell propeller
Bowser has an evil(er) form Dark Bowser
Peach has nothing..
We're not including soccer tennis costumes either

Damn I was beat and the above post has much more ):

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
I hadn't seen it being debated, this thread moves faster than Usain Bolt at times, so I miss things every now and then.

As for possible costumes for the Mario cast (I'm not arguing that most of these picks are the best choices, but they're possible nonetheless) - there are plenty of options apart from the ones used:

Mario:
- Sunshine costume
- Striker Mario (Mario Strikers Charged)
- NES Golf Outfit
- Mario's Tennis Outfit

Luigi
- Parade Luigi (Paper Mario ending)
- Striker Luigi (Mario Strikers Charged)
- NES Golf Outfit
- Mario's Tennis Outfit

Peach
- Sunshine dress (minor difference, but different nonetheless)
- Any of her five Mario Party 2 costumes (Pirate, Cowboy, Astronaut, Explorer, Wizard)
- Sport Suit Peach (Mario Sports Mix)
- Nurse Peach (Dr. Mario)
- Short Dress Peach (Mario Power Tennis, also used in Golf) - different version in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Striker Peach (Mario Strikers Charged)
- Motor Peach (Mario Kart Wii)
- Wedding Dress Peach (Super Paper Mario)

Bowser
- Wedding Suit Bowser (Super Paper Mario)
- Any of his Mario Party 2 costumes (Wizard, Pirate)
- Armored Bowser (Yoshi's Safari)
- Dreamy Bowser (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
- Striker Bowser (Mario Strikers Charged)
- Rookie

But the moment Dr.Mario was decided, which is a FAN favorite, the Mario series was randomized.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I feel Ganondorf should be based off his older appearance in Oot rather then the look he had in melee and have Zelda and Sheik be Oot based as well, I don't know why but it just seems right for the Zelda characters to have their alts come from the same game.

with Mario I don't mind the alts being from different Mario games because Idk I just couldn't see it any other way, other then everyone gets strikers outfits (which in my opinion wouldn't be as good)

for the Fire Emblem characters I don't feel need to have all of them with the awakening alts, mostly because each game isn't connected to each other story-wise like how Zelda games are (where all the characters appear in pretty much each installment) and that the awakening costumes compared to other costumes that could be used instead look pretty bad in comparison (looking towards Ike here more so then Marth, Marth I'd feel the same as Ike but since the Fe12 costume I would have preferred is being used for SSB4, it's either Awakening or Shadow dragon there and both designs I have my own gripes with)

but as I said in a previous post I feel this should be made into a poll for the people who play as those characters to choose what they'd like more as alts

splat

Smash Lord
;_; I'm done.

How about we wait and see? :D
Haha, let's.

I mentioned it in my first post, I do agree that the choices you've mentioned are the best ones - and I was playing devil's advocate for that matter - but we just can't assume anything with the PMBR doing what they do.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Like who saw Roy AND mewtwo coming?
Like most of us were expecting Mewtwo and then out of nowhere Roy it's like Christmas

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Not really. Brawl has irregularities in its the numbers of available costumes per character, and several characters have more than one recolor that isn't used in teams. It'll just be like that again.

The difference is every costume/character thus far has always had at least 3 recolors (for a total of 4) allowing anyone who wanted to play as them do so simultaneously. The only exceptions have been the Pokemon but that's a Melee tradition. So yes, it does look unprofessional and it does suck, especially since I doubt there'll be any easy way to remove those extra costume slots from existence.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So now that the Shadow Dragon version of Marth have been confirmed for SSB4, Would be possible to see that costume in Project M? i wonder....
They arn`t going to copy what SSB4 is doing just because they are doing it. The less they copy from SSB4 the better.

Malion

Smash Ace
alright dumb question but does outset link have a promotional image like dry bowser/melee fox/dr mario? I want to do some mock-up recolours but I don't want to just use the straight body puppet rig one.

at first I thought just outset was fine (because there aren't other versions of it like there are toon links other clothes) but I thought about it and there really a lot of possibilites.

but I must ask, when people request alt colour outset link do you just want differnet coloured shirts/pants with a white crawfish... or maybe different shirt/crawfish combos like green/yellow, red/black, purple/orange.

or maybe have link wearing a shirt with a different logo on it inspired by other characters from the game. maybe like an aryll skull shirt or something to that extent.

I'm going to work on some ideas for fun and toss them out in a bit when I get home, but I'm open to requests. Preferablly zelda related for shirts but not neccisarily wind waker.

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
The alt costumes added can have separate SFX right?
If so, I'd like to see OoT Link with melee SFX. TP Link's SFX just don't seem to fit him to me. As well as TP Ganondorf SFX over OoT Ganondorf.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
The blogpost about alts confirmed they can't do that. You'll have to do that on your own, unfortunately.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Getting the Melee SFX is extremely easy and it'll be even easier in 3.0. The part that's impossible is making it switch between the two.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
^^^ That was what I had in mind about it, just wanted to know if it was possible. The sad truth

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Not really. Brawl has irregularities in its the numbers of available costumes per character, and several characters have more than one recolor that isn't used in teams. It'll just be like that again.

I'd be impressed if the modelers pull off a classic-style Wolf, considering there's no reference of Wolf in Star Fox 64 other than a headshot. Maybe it could be based off the Assault Wolf? Just something to make Wolf look closer to Melee Fox.
He has a brief cameo appearance in Melee's intro and it could be modeled after that, he just needs an eyepatch.

Also, MAKE IT HAPPENNNNNNN
including 64's eye patch

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
That's pretty cool. He needs to look like Wolf instead of Fox though. clicks brawlvault link) oh, that's cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom