• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Well that rules out the Masked Man for Lucas, oh well.

Lucas does still wear the masked man's clothing in the game though. There's still a possibility.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Chubby Sonic would be awesome, but it probably wouldn't fit the bones very well.
This is another important thing to remember about alt costumes - It has to fit a character's bone set.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
The only ones off the top of my head that make sense, just skimming over the cast real quick...

Bowser // Dry Bowser
Captain Falcon // Blood Falcon (Would actually be badass with that spikey shoulderpad, man. Plus it makes a hell of a lot more sense than any other F-Zero character, since he's a clone of Douglas himself.)
Falco // Assault Falco
Fox // Star Fox Adventures Fox
Ganondorf // Wind Waker Ganon (A bit of a stretch, admittedly.)
(Although Melee Fox, Falco and Ganondorf models are probably the most desired, I can totally understand why PMBR wouldn't include them officially. Personally though, I'd prefer Melee models with Brawl textures over them.)
Mr. Game & Watch // Mrs. Game & Watch
Ike // Lord Ike
Link // OoT Link Model -OR- Dark Link (If this texture had its opacity bumped up, it'd work great.)
Luigi // Mr. L
Marth // Awakening Marth
Peach // Daisy (Mayyybe Rosalina)
Sonic // Metal Sonic
Toon Link // Outset Link
Yoshi // Boshi

I'd be sad to see Dixie made a costume for Diddy rather than made into her own character. I think she deserves it.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Here's what i feel should be the alternate costumes

Mario // Doctor Mario
Luigi // Mr. L
Peach // Shadow Queen
Bowser // Dry Bowser or his mario strikers outfit
Donkey Kong // Mario striker's outfit
Diddy Kong // Mario striker's outfit
Yoshi // Yoshi's biker outfit from the super mario bros show or his mario strikers outfit
Wario // biker's outfit/original (which ever you consider the alt at this point in time)
Link // OoT Link with golden gauntlets and mirror shield
Zelda // Oot Zelda (Can't think of anything else that wouldn't effect hurt boxes)
Shiek // Oot Shiek
Ganondorf // King of Evil Ganondorf from Oot (his appearance at the end of the game right before his beast form)
Toon Link // Outset Link
Samus // Light Suit from prime 2
Zero Suit Samus // Justin Bailey
Pit // Pit wearing the Three Sacred Treasures from Kid Icarus nes (even though I think the 3ds version looks better, I think it would be best for the original instead)
Ice Climbers // Nana instead of Popo
R.O.B. // R.O.B. 64
Kirby // more palettes from his games
Meta Knight // Concept Art
King Dedede // Masked Dedede
Olimar // Pikmin Olimar
Fox // Assualt Fox
Falco // Assault Falco
Wolf // either his Starfox 64 appearance or Starfox Assualt
Captain Falcon // Snes Captain falcon
Pikachu // Party hat
Charizard // Mega Charizard x
Ivysaur // give it some kind of headwear
Squirtle // same as Ivysaur
Lucario // Mega Lucario
Jigglypuff // Crown? Bow? Rose? idk
Mewtwo // Armored Mewtwo from the movie
Marth // Mystery of the fire emblem remake Marth
Ike // Lord Ike
Roy // Idk I'd say awakening but i feel we shouldn't add things that came out after brawl's release
Ness // pajama's ness
Lucas //pigmask army commander uniform
Mr. Game & Watch // Mrs. Game & Watch or him with a hat of some kind
Snake // Metal Gear Solid Sneaking suit, Iroquois Pliskin, or perhaps wearing his suit uniform and young face camo from mgs4
Sonic // Robotinized Sonic from the Archie comics or Scourge the hedgehog

B.W.

Smash Champion
I hate when people do this...
Charizard // Mega Charizard x
Ivysaur // give it some kind of headwear
Squirtle // same as Ivysaur
Lucario // Mega Lucario
Jigglypuff // Crown? Bow? Rose? idk
Mewtwo // Armored Mewtwo from the movie
Marth // Mystery of the fire emblem remake Marth
Ike // Lord Ike
Roy // Idk I'd say awakening but i feel we shouldn't add things that came out after brawl's release

If you really don't think **** that came out after Brawl should be put into P:M at least be consistent about it, ****.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman

If you really don't think **** that came out after Brawl should be put into P:M at least be consistent about it, ****.
LOLOL IKR?

Ness in pajamas would be ahhhhmazing actually.

Please no striker outfits though. So tacky, especially if multiple characters have them.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman

to be honest I forgot I typed in the mega forms before writing that lol (it took me a while thinking about all those alts) so for charizard give him a scarf or give him the clone charizards stripes, lucario idk what to give him since I don't know too much about his gen or watched the tv show since i was a kid, but i stick to what I said by not putting things that came out after brawl it wouldn't feel right

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
LOLOL IKR?

Ness in pajamas would be ahhhhmazing actually.

Please no striker outfits though. So tacky, especially if multiple characters have them.
to be honest strikers outfits where just because i couldn't find anything better for DK and Diddy, and since people probably wouldn't agree with bikergang yoshi do to him just being from the cartoon i figured that was more acceptable (bowser I actually like the design for though)

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
to be honest strikers outfits where just because i couldn't find anything better for DK and Diddy, and since people probably wouldn't agree with bikergang yoshi do to him just being from the cartoon i figured that was more acceptable (bowser I actually like the design for though)
That's what I'm saying though. If nothing better can be found for a character, then that character should probably just have a brand new alt costume created for them.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm pretty sure I'm done this before, but eh what the hell.

Released Characters

Luigi: Mr. L
Peach: Shadow Queen
Bowser: Dry Bones Bowser
DK: Donkey Kong Junior
Diddy Kong: Backwards Cap with shades from victory animation.
Captain Falcon: More colors or Blood Falcon model.
Fox: Assault Fox
Falco: Assault Falco
Wolf: Starfox 64 outfit.
Link: Ordon Link
Toon Link: Outset Toon Link
Zelda: Twilight Princess Robes
Sheik: No idea, more colors probably.
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time Ganondorf, probably.
Metaknight: Beta Metaknight or maskless.
Dedede: Masked Dedede
Pit: Dark Pit (Technically another character but the same character at the same too. Black wings + different voice would be interesting, even though the game came out after Brawl.)
ZSS: Samus Casual clothes or more colors.
R.O.B: More colors, there isn't really an alternate costume model to reference.
Pikachu: Party Hat Pikachu
Jigglypuff: Crown Puff
Lucario: Mega Lucario or more colors
Squirtle: More colors
Ivysaur: More colors
Charizard: More colors
Ness: Pajama Ness
Lucas: Pig Army Commander/ Masked Man
GnW: More colors
Marth: FE12 Costume
Roy: Eliwood costume or Awakening Roy if possible.
Ike: Vanguard Ike
Snake: More colors or Old Snake. (Honestly no idea here)
Sonic: SA2 Battle racing outfit or more colors.

Unreleased characters

Yoshi: More colors
Ice Climbers: More colors
Kirby: Amazing Mirror colors
Samus: Justin Bailey Samus
Olimar: No idea. More colors?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
A thought:
Peach: Daisy... I realize that Daisy is already in but we could make an all Peach set and an all Daisy one.
or
Peach: Rosilina

I like Rosilina more personally.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I believe I saw somewhere that things like Daisy would NOT happen, because they want the costumes to be the SAME character. meaning..

different armour for Roy, Ike, whoever is a go go. Daisy over Peach, Waluigi over Luigi, etc- are NOT happening. Wish I remember where I saw that, but it was an official post by PMBR o:!

Fortress

Smash Master
I feel like this is sort of off topic, but are PMBR planning on making Projects Minty/Mars/Maritime the standard colors for (most) of the cast? For characters with good default coloring like Link for green, I can see Minty not being needed (ditto for Maritime Sonic, Mars Mario, Minty Luigi, etc.)? I figured that since we were on the topic of alt costumes, that it would be a valid question.

Fortress

Smash Master
Those will definitely not be used. PMBR mainly did recolors for the characters that desperately needed them.
That's the impression I was under; I didn't play much vanilla Brawl before P:M, but are the colors I see on Sonic after removing what's in his P:M folders his default Brawl colors? Because those were gross.

Follow-up question: you know what you're talking about, so why aren't the Minty/Maritime/Mars recolors not going to ever be implemented? Just unnecessary, and the colors for most of the cast are viable as is?

Also, not wanting to start up a huge argument over Link again, but him being my main just makes me want to raise the question: if anything is happening to him at all, could it just simply be more colors? There's a huge rift (I feel) between the folks who want Melee Link, SS Link, and what have you. I mean, can't there just be a darker purple Link, black but not Dark Link, a pink one, an orange one, and a brown one? I dunno, just a thought.

Fortress

Smash Master
What if they already have Link's done? Then what?
Then d'oh well. Not like any sort of vote I could put towards anything would mean too much, anyway. PMBR's gonna do what PMBR's gonna do, is the way I see it. Whatever happens is fine by me, Link will play roughly the same (considering what changes will happen with 3.0).

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the suggestions are nice. I'm sure the PMBR takes them into account.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Because like most side projects, it's better to not include them in the main package and leave it up to the player(s) to customize their builds to their tastes.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Not everyone enjoys the "MMM" series, y'know.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I believe I saw somewhere that things like Daisy would NOT happen, because they want the costumes to be the SAME character. meaning..

different armour for Roy, Ike, whoever is a go go. Daisy over Peach, Waluigi over Luigi, etc- are NOT happening. Wish I remember where I saw that, but it was an official post by PMBR o:!
Warchamp stated this in the most recent Japan Time podcast, I don't recall if they've posted it anywhere.

As for a Lucario, I say the PMBR give him extra colors. Although for an alt, I'd love to see Lucario wearing Sir Aarons hat from the Mystery of Mew movie.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman

Fair enough, though Daisy is already one of the costumes for Peach, isn't she? If so, it might be the one exception. But yeah, that makes sense.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
As silly as this sounds, I think I'd actually like a bunch of recolors for Sonic, too. He kinda feels like Yoshi and Kirby, in that a bunch of different colors can look really vibrant and appealing. Yellow, orange, white, etc... That's kinda nice!

Fortress

Smash Master
As silly as this sounds, I think I'd actually like a bunch of recolors for Sonic, too. He kinda feels like Yoshi and Kirby, in that a bunch of different colors can look really vibrant and appealing. Yellow, orange, white, etc... That's kinda nice!
That's how some characters should be, in my opinion. Kirby, Yoshi, Sonic, the Ice Climbers, possibly Link, and Game and Watch could be just as well off with more colors, if they're planned to be changed at all.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I also agree with this.

That's how some characters should be, in my opinion. Kirby, Yoshi, Sonic, the Ice Climbers, possibly Link, and Game and Watch could be just as well off with more colors, if they're planned to be changed at all.
And this except Link lol. (But that's just because I want a good Melee-esque Link sooo bad!)

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
So can we still get Blood Falcon as an alt costume for Captain Falcon? I mean BF is literally a clone of CF.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Warchamp stated this in the most recent Japan Time podcast, I don't recall if they've posted it anywhere.

As for a Lucario, I say the PMBR give him extra colors. Although for an alt, I'd love to see Lucario wearing Sir Aarons hat from the Mystery of Mew movie.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

THATS where I heard it :D thanks bud xD

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Hey, how many alt costumes do you figure will be in 3.0? 6? 10? more than that?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well we got Dr. Mario and Armored Mewtwo...
so at least 2?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
If they're gonna make OoT Ganondorf, I hope he looks like how he looked 7 years later, with longer hair and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom