• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
If they're gonna make OoT Ganondorf, I hope he looks like how he looked 7 years later, with longer hair and all.

If they could make him look as good as this picture... Oh my goodness... Oh myy d**m.... Oh my goodness.... They goin haaam.

Mit

Smash Ace
I'd really like Zora or Magic Armor for Link over a Melee Link. I suppose then he wouldn't match inevitable Melee Ganondorf, but both of those outfits are so cool-looking. Melee Link looks so out of place to me. Oldschool design that looks like it's right out of a 90s comic book. I wish Ganondorf had ANY possible Twilight Princess alt to match a Twilight Princess Link alt, but he really doesn't.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Sonic with adventure 2 shoes, riders glasses, dark knight claw and secret rings ring.
Legacy sonic, you may call it.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I wonder if they'd do a full set of color swaps for Dark Link? That could be kinda cool... he'd retain the black skin and red eyes in each one, but his tunic colors would change and be silver, purple, things like that.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'd do a full set of color swaps for Dark Link? That could be kinda cool... he'd retain the black skin and red eyes in each one, but his tunic colors would change and be silver, purple, things like that.
better idea, if they can make him somewhat see through and have the red eyes, they could change it so he could be a see through red, purple, silver, green, etc etc so instead of his tunic changing colors his whole body (minus his red eyes) would change

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'd really like Zora or Magic Armor for Link over a Melee Link. I suppose then he wouldn't match inevitable Melee Ganondorf, but both of those outfits are so cool-looking. Melee Link looks so out of place to me. Oldschool design that looks like it's right out of a 90s comic book. I wish Ganondorf had ANY possible Twilight Princess alt to match a Twilight Princess Link alt, but he really doesn't.
Wull... You're missing the fact that this is the PMBR. If they were going to do a Melee Link (which I'm honestly not gonna keep my hopes too high for)... He would look, firstly, way more badass than 90's mode, and secondly, right in place with Brawl. The job they did with updating Roy and Mewtwo should be evidence enough of that... Roy and Mewtwo are sooo delicious compared to their Melee forms. If they pulled a similar upgrade with Melee Link, no doubt he would look waaaay better and fit right in to Brawl, looking exactly like what any and every Zelda fan would expect an updated Melee Link to look like...

Hint: I love PMBR and they can do no wrong! lol

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
better idea, if they can make him somewhat see through and have the red eyes, they could change it so he could be a see through red, purple, silver, green, etc etc so instead of his tunic changing colors his whole body (minus his red eyes) would change

Oh man, that would be insane! :D

Wull... You're missing the fact that this is the PMBR. If they were going to do a Melee Link (which I'm honestly not gonna keep my hopes too high for)... He would look, firstly, way more badass than 90's mode, and secondly, right in place with Brawl. The job they did with updating Roy and Mewtwo should be evidence enough of that... Roy and Mewtwo are sooo delicious compared to their Melee forms. If they pulled a similar upgrade with Melee Link, no doubt he would look waaaay better and fit right in to Brawl, looking exactly like what any and every Zelda fan would expect an updated Melee Link to look like...

Ooooo, I'm imagining Melee link done with the quality of Roy and it's pretty beautiful.

Fortress

Smash Master
And then we can load up Norfair and have a groovy time not being able to see him.

THANKS, LETHARGY.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
And then we can load up Norfair and have a groovy time not being able to see him.

THANKS, LETHARGY.
no problem lol (also i don't think it would be that bad to be honest I mean he wouldn't be 90% see through more like 10-20% maybe a tad bit less like 5-10%) any ways he'd be no worse then g&w on final or any other dark background stage

Mit

Smash Ace

Twilight Princess Link is kind of like an updated OoT Link, though. Nintendo already modernized the Adult Link design. Ditched the large collar, and gave a ton more features overall to his design.

Adding some stitching to his textures won't make Melee Link fit much better, but I guess dulling the colors out a bit won't be so bad.

Fortress

Smash Master
Twilight Princess Link is kind of like an updated OoT Link, though. Nintendo already modernized the Adult Link design. Ditched the comically large tunic collar, and gave a ton more features overall to his design.

Adding some stitching to his textures won't make Melee Link fit much better, but I guess dulling the colors out a bit won't be so bad.
I personally hope they don't add stitchings, myself. It was the fit-to-form, bright-white tights and the collar that really did it for me with Ocarina versus TP Link. Though, I love both, to be honest.

There's a really nice remake of Melee Link on the Vault, where they have a Gold tunic with black tights and undershirt. Wrap your head around that. It's beautiful.

Mit

Smash Ace
Someone just made this. I guess it looks pretty good. Looks like it might have the old Master Sword, too.

The modeling work isn't the greatest but it shows how the duller colors that match Brawl's palette go a long way in making a character "fit" into the game.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, Brawl wouldn't make OoT Link that color. Twilight Princess Link is colored like that, but that's just part of his design.

I think they would've made him Luigi's color. (But that's just my opinion)

Mit

Smash Ace
Thing is, Brawl wouldn't make OoT Link that color. Twilight Princess Link is colored like that, but that's just part of his design.

I think they would've made him Luigi's color. But that's just my opinion.
What does that mean? Lol. Luigi is no less dull than Link in Brawl. He's just maybe got a little less yellow in his particular shade of green. Regardless dulling the colors of Melee Link and adding a bit of texture to his clothing should make him fit in fairly well.

Although I do wonder how they'd balance someone using the alternate Link and normal Link, while selecting the same colors. I wonder if they'll be different enough to easily tell apart.

Piks

Smash Journeyman

I dunno, here are two samples from their textures. Luigi is a bit brighter. And keep in mind, they'd look even brighter in-game, with lighting applied.

I agree with your second point, for sure. They'd have to make him different enough from normal Link.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Someone just made this. I guess it looks pretty good. Looks like it might have the old Master Sword, too.

The modeling work isn't the greatest but it shows how the duller colors that match Brawl's palette go a long way in making a character "fit" into the game.
this palette looks nothing like Oot link would look like in brawl, I'm currently using a texture hack on my link that I'm really enjoying (the only problem i have is it's not 100% perfect when it comes to the gauntlets) http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11643 but I suggest giving it a look at seeing as though this is the closest thing too Oot link i've come across that looked to fit in with everyone else in the game

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
That's the one I use, and it's the best OoT texture hack, IMO.

I'm really curious how Melee/OoT Link would look if the PMBR made one.

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm currently using this.

Really, take a look at that gold, and tell me it's not gorgeous. I think a lot of what helps it be OoT Link are the simple things; just the boots, hair, and ears are what really sell it for me. It's the hack by mokonagirl. The version I'm using has a true Black Tunic Link though, where this one uses the old Dark Link, which I didn't really like too much at all anyway. The Black Tunic is great, and the rest of the tunics are really nice in that they're toned down in how 'bright' and 'vibrant' they appear in contrast to TP Link, but bright enough to where they pop.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
The biggest reason why I really want OoT/Melee Link as an alt is to hear his voice again. OoT/Melee Link easily has the best voice out of all the Links.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
One factor that hasn't been given much presence is team battles. In order to tell two of the same character apart, the differences in costumes need to be more pronounced than, say, a different haircut and thicker boots. If they make OoT Link, his tunic needs to bee a much more chromatic, viridian green in order to differentiate it from TP Link. However that might contrast with the other palettes of Brawl.

Fortress

Smash Master
One factor that hasn't been given much presence is team battles. In order to tell two of the same character apart, the differences in costumes need to be more pronounced than, say, a different haircut and thicker boots. If they make OoT Link, his tunic needs to bee a much more chromatic, viridian green in order to differentiate it from TP Link. However that might contrast with the other palettes of Brawl.
I thought the fact that he just has less straps, pockets, and is generally brighter would be enough, really. Besides, in Team Battle, wouldn't the primary way to tell two Link's on opposite teams apart be the fact that they're not the same color?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I thought the fact that he just has less straps, pockets, and is generally brighter would be enough, really. Besides, in Team Battle, wouldn't the primary way to tell two Link's on opposite teams apart be the fact that they're not the same color?
No. I'm referring to two Links on the same team. It's already been demonstrated with Mario and Dr. Mario, and of course Wario.

Fortress

Smash Master
Still, just keep an eye on your little arrow. I mean, I imagine that it's not that prominent of an issue. If anything, Link shouldn't even have a new model, and just have additional colors for TP Link, just to ease any of that kind of confusion.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I thought the fact that he just has less straps, pockets, and is generally brighter would be enough, really.

Yeah, the differences actually stand out a lot, especially since OoT Link has a slightly different build than TP Link (at least that's true with the texture hack that I use, which is pretty close to how OoT Link really looks like).

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
then why not have Oot link with the mirror shield and golden Gauntlets and being a brighter more vivid shade of green like he is in my avatar? wouldn't that be a big enough difference, I mean I've play a Tp link vs Oot link before and I had absolutely no problem differentiating my link from the other person's (and that was a hack without the golden gauntlets and mirror shield to help tell them apart)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
That's how some characters should be, in my opinion. Kirby, Yoshi, Sonic, the Ice Climbers, possibly Link, and Game and Watch could be just as well off with more colors, if they're planned to be changed at all.
I say give every character each color of the rainbow. Plus, black, white, brown, and pink.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Or Fierce Deity and don't forget Link wielded the famous Soul Edge
Fierce Deity wouldn't feel right using a one hand sword in my opinion, and we couldn't have him using a two handed sword because it wouldn't match up with the hit/hurt boxes (also why soul edge?, It doesn't really look to fit with link's design, also he only had it because almost everyone had it in that game, in fact I hated that he had that and not soul calibur in that game come to think about it >:C GaaaHHHHHH *rages out* jk )

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Twilight Princess Link is kind of like an updated OoT Link, though. Nintendo already modernized the Adult Link design. Ditched the large collar, and gave a ton more features overall to his design.

Saying TP Link is an update of OoT Link is wrong, is like im saying "ALBW Link is an update of SS Link" wich clearly isnt, because they are from different generations. An update would be comparing Donkey Kong renders from DK Country with DKC Returns renders.

And this as already said by many: Look at Roy he looks like he really belongs in Brawl art style, that means they can improve Melee Link textures and model to a point it will look great in brawl.

So... OoT/Melee Link all the way!

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I'd definitely support OoT Link. But I was thinking earlier that it would be awesome to have ALTTP Link. Like look from the art. Though I'm unsure how his proportiond would fit TP Link's bones.

Fortress

Smash Master
I'd definitely support OoT Link. But I was thinking earlier that it would be awesome to have ALTTP Link. Like look from the art. Though I'm unsure how his proportiond would fit TP Link's bones.
How about ever-energetic, always-angered action figure Link, like in your profile picture?

Fortress

Smash Master
Honestly, outside a few, I think most of those look ugly/unprofessional

No offense to the guy, I just think he/she could've done better
That's why I thought Projects Minty/Maritime/Mars would be decent recolors to the cast that wouldn't be changing too much of that character to begin with. They have their own discussion boards, set colors and themes, and they're about as professional as you can get for your everyday recolor. They just look nice; not gimmicky, flashy, or overdone. It's a quality over quantity kind of thing. I mean, I'm using Mars Weegee over his pink, Mars Ike over his yellowy-red whatever it's supposed to be, and Maritime Mario over his blue, because it's more blue.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Honestly, outside a few, I think most of those look ugly/unprofessional

No offense to the guy, I just think he/she could've done better
I agree, a lot better could have been done if they tried harder. I just really want the Royal Peach, she looks so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom