• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Classic Link needs to fill that slot, no other costume compares.

Also to Psykid, I don't think Dark Meta Knight counts as an alternative costume according to Nanobuds so you should probably remove it from the first post.

They aren't using that cool new pose as a character portrait like we all suspected and instead are just going to recolor the old pose. I think you should call this the Fire Peach rule (recolor that almost counts as an alternative costume).
There are differences aside from color. It isn't just his exact costume with a different color scheme.
Then Fire Peach should be in the first post. I'm going by Nanobuds own words on the matter not my opinion.
Fire Peach should be in the first post. There's a lot of content in this OP, I'll get around to it. Right now my priority is getting people's suggestions. The confirmed alts section is just for display.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if it's just a recolor or not. It's still considered an Alternate Costume.
Like the man says, it's technically a recolor but it still doesn't replace the other recolors and is added, thus filling up one of the 10 slots.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Dark MK will be like Fire Peach. It's just a complex recolor and will have the same CSP pose as Brawl MK just for consistsncy.

But since it takes up it's own slot, we consider it an alt costume.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Dark MK will be like Fire Peach. It's just a complex recolor and will have the same CSP pose as Brawl MK just for consistsncy.

I'd say the fact that it changes more than just colors makes it an alt regardless. The scar on his mask isn't there for normal MK. Just like Fire Peach's hair is different, which makes her more than just a recolor.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Updated OP,

Added Maskless C. Falcon, Armored Charizard, Justin Bailey, OR/AS Pikachu Costumes, Minish Cap Tink, Unmasked Samus, and Classic Link to suggestions,

Added Dark Metaknight to Official Art spoiler,

Added Section Art Day Archive.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Updated OP,

Added Maskless C. Falcon, Armored Charizard, Justin Bailey, OR/AS Pikachu Costumes, Minish Cap Tink, Unmasked Samus, and Classic Link to suggestions,

Added Dark Metaknight to Official Art spoiler,

Added Section Art Day Archive.
What about that sexy ass Ganon :v

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Shadow Kirby, grey version or vortex version would be fine.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman

How is Fire Peach a recolor if she has different shaped hair?

TheLostSabre

Smash Cadet
I just noticed when I was looking at that concept art for Ganondorf. It kinda looks like the chestplate have Majora's eye on it.

Both cool and creepy at the same time.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Super hyped about the new costumes recently revealed a long time ago (as well as Super Smash Mouth Allstar Shrek Slam Mode).

The Light Suit is smooth; its starkly contrasting "color"-scheme has always made it one of the best looking costumes I've seen in-game (even before an official version). I just like how striking it is.
The comment about shoulders makes me worried about Fusion and Power Suits, which I prefer design-wise, although I can think of several simple solutions off-hand.

Had never heard of Sigurd before, but it looks good.

I'm most excited about Classic Pit, probably my most-wanted costume after NES Toon Link.
I've always thought Brawl's redesign was terrible. As such, I'm really hoping it gets team colors so I never have to play as the vapid version. As justification, I point to the fact that they are actual power-ups in the original game.
I'm also hoping he gets a unique, classicly-inspired bow, possibly with hits that sound more bludgeoning than slashing.

Lucario's Gi is pretty sweet, and I really like the idea to implement hold items, moreso to make a second version to add even more. The symbol on the back also got me thinking about referencing Lucario's other half, the Steel part, with a cyborg/power armor (/plate armor?) costume, which could feature some Lens items (Scope, Wide, Zoom) in particular, as well as stuff like Metal Coat, Macho Brace, Assault Vest, and EXP Share.

The OoT Ganon was an obvious pick, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. I'm particularly glad his… spiritual stone has been preserved in all its glory. I like how well the air of reckless youth has been established in the costume, it's very distinct compared to the standard TP one.
This is another one I'm hoping for team colors for. Usage of OoT's cape makes me wonder if space could be conserved by making the normal color into red team's.

Last edited:

TheLostSabre

Smash Cadet
Never heard of Sigurd before, but it looks good.
Sigurd comes from perhaps the most darkest entry in the Fire Emblem series. An interesting game that further expands Fire Emblem's gameplay we know today. It even formed the basis of Awakening's marriage system.

Though it did not get official oversea release.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I remembered what a previous user posted about Peaches' costume (the one with darkness effects), when he said something about her cape sharing the same bones as her hair or something. If that's so, Hyrule Warriors Link's scarf could share the same bones with his cap?

Anyways, why not make Link's Dark Link color swap a true alternate costume by giving it some neat effects and details? For example, his boomerang could have darkness effects, and he would have red eye trails and a sinister, smirking face. Oh, and fix that Master Sword of his. I'm calling it "True Dark Link alt."

My bad for doing so much Link stuff lol.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I remembered what a previous user posted about Peaches' costume (the one with darkness effects), when he said something about her cape sharing the same bones as her hair or something. If that's so, Hyrule Warriors Link's scarf could share the same bones with his cap?

Anyways, why not make Link's Dark Link color swap a true alternate costume by giving it some neat effects and details? For example, his boomerang could have darkness effects, and he would have red eye trails and a sinister, smirking face. Oh, and fix that Master Sword of his. I'm calling it "True Dark Link alt."

My bad for doing so much Link stuff lol.
I actually suggested that the scarf could be bound to the cap earlier on. Someone did it on the vault, though, and it turns out that causes it to clip a lot with his back. It looks decent in motion, but I'm not sure it's up to Project M standards because it's some pretty bad clipping in many animations.

I like the idea of a more separate Dark Link. In fact, there's one on the vault with some special shader effects that I use that could be some great inspiration.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
I just noticed when I was looking at that concept art for Ganondorf. It kinda looks like the chestplate have Majora's eye on it.

Both cool and creepy at the same time.
I noticed that too, and I've been meaning to look into what the history of that concept art was. In any case, it's my favorite design for Ganon I've seen.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I actually suggested that the scarf could be bound to the cap earlier on. Someone did it on the vault, though, and it turns out that causes it to clip a lot with his back. It looks decent in motion, but I'm not sure it's up to Project M standards because it's some pretty bad clipping in many animations.

I like the idea of a more separate Dark Link. In fact, there's one on the vault with some special shader effects that I use that could be some great inspiration.

I've actually seen this before lol. But it seems a bit too shiny. :troll:
In all seriousness though, that's not quite what I was thinking. However I'd be just fine with it if he wasn't so shiny. It looks as if he was polished with wax.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

AlGeorgeRomo did an OoT Shadow Link, it looks amazing. I would drop it for vBrawl's, or better yet have it added to the OoT costumes.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
AlGeorgeRomo did an OoT Shadow Link, it looks amazing. I would drop it for vBrawl's, or better yet have it added to the OoT costumes.
I heard alot of people wanted a black tuniced OoT Link, but Dark OoT Link would be miles better. A true Dark Link alt for both TP and OoT Link would be amazing. I would actually have a reason to use OoT Link then, because I never use anything else other than the Dark Link swap.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I think another recolor for OoT Link would be fine. Black or Purple tunic, would look hella sex
I'd rather have costumes than just recolors. A true Dark Link alt for OoT and TP Link would be far better than a plain black tunic imo. Plus, recolors take up space for costumes.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I wouldn't want OOT/Melee Link to get another recolor unless they decide to expand the costume slots to 14 some day. The last slot should go to something more unique like his civilian clothes from TP or SS, FD Link, or Classic Link.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Link has 9 slots filled. There's still a slot.
Really!? There's still a chance for magic armor! Hell I'd be fine if they replaced the regular TP red color and TP Blue color with the magic armor and Zora suit respectively

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Really!? There's still a chance for magic armor then, hell I'd be fine if they replaced the regular TP red color and TP Blue color with the magic armor and Zora suit respectively
They wouldn't replace TP Red with magic armor. It has to actually be, ya know, red for the purposes of team battles. His yellow costume would be more suitable.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
They wouldn't replace TP Red with magic armor. It has to actually be, ya know, red for the purposes of team battles. His yellow costume would be more suitable.
I put a hack of the magic armor over top TP's red costume since the tunic itself is red and it seems to work just fine but I guess that's just me :D

Just for lols here's what I have over each of his slots:

TP green - Default
TP red - Magic armor
TP blue - Zora armor
TP white - Ordon Outfit
TP black - Default
TP gold - Oot Dark Link

Oot green - Default
Oot red - Default
Oot blue - Default

Depending on if the last slot used is Alttp Link I'll probably get rid of TP's white and black costumes I'm using and replace them with red and blue recolor versions of Alttp Link.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I put a hack of the magic armor over top TP's red costume since the tunic itself is red and it seems to work just fine but I guess that's just me :D

Just for lols here's what I have over each of his slots:

TP green - Default
TP red - Magic armor
TP blue - Zora armor
TP white - Ordon Outfit
TP black - Default
TP gold - Oot Dark Link

Oot green - Default
Oot red - Default
Oot blue - Default

Depending on if the last slot used is Alttp Link I'll probably get rid of TP's white and black costumes I'm using and replace them with red and blue recolor versions of Alttp Link.
That's a pretty good custom set. There's just something glorious about having your favorite costume be official.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
What about a Phoenix outfit for Captain Falcon? is that doable?

But without the cape, of course, after all Phoenix is suppose to be an even more futuristic Cp. Falcon.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What about a Phoenix outfit for Captain Falcon? is that doable?

But without the cape, of course, after all Phoenix is suppose to be an even more futuristic Cp. Falcon.
He could be a recolor, like how Captain Falcon's pink and white outfit references Jody Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom