• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
They wouldn't replace TP Red with magic armor. It has to actually be, ya know, red for the purposes of team battles. His yellow costume would be more suitable.
Understandable, though Magic Armor is red, and although I do like the gold color, I would trade it for Magic Armor easily, especially considering there's gold on it too, and wouldn't OOT Link still have the plain red and blue colors?

I put a hack of the magic armor over top TP's red costume since the tunic itself is red and it seems to work just fine but I guess that's just me :D

Just for lols here's what I have over each of his slots:

TP green - Default
TP red - Magic armor
TP blue - Zora armor
TP white - Ordon Outfit
TP black - Default
TP gold - Oot Dark Link

Oot green - Default
Oot red - Default
Oot blue - Default

Depending on if the last slot used is Alttp Link I'll probably get rid of TP's white and black costumes I'm using and replace them with red and blue recolor versions of Alttp Link.
I don't care for having 2 Dark Link costumes but outside that I love this setup, it leaves in the plain red and blue colors while allowing more variety

That's a pretty good custom set. There's just something glorious about having your favorite costume be official.
This too

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Understandable, though Magic Armor is red, and although I do like the gold color, I would trade it for Magic Armor easily, especially considering there's gold on it too, and wouldn't OOT Link still have the plain red and blue colors?
It's not red enough. In the heat of battle, no one's going to notice the under the armor. They're just gonna see the gold. OoT would still have his colors, but I doubt they're going to sacrifice team battles for his default costume just to get the Magic Armor over it. It's best if it goes over the gold color, since that's the main color Magic Armor is anyways.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
It's not red enough. In the heat of battle, no one's going to notice the under the armor. They're just gonna see the gold. OoT would still have his colors, but I doubt they're going to sacrifice team battles for his default costume just to get the Magic Armor over it. It's best if it goes over the gold color, since that's the main color Magic Armor is anyways.
Eh seems fair enough I guess, hey I don't care how it's done I'm just really hoping for that magic armor haha

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Wanted to know what yous think about this, it's an unlikely alt but #YOLO. Lucas in an Ultimate Chimera hoodie. So much win.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
This may have already been brought up, but how about replacing Ike's sword with Urvan, his father's axe? This doesn't have to be its own costume, it could easily go with one of his Lord outfits.

Tell me what you think.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
This may have already been brought up, but how about replacing Ike's sword with Urvan, his father's axe? This doesn't have to be its own costume, it could easily go with one of his Lord outfits.

Tell me what you think.
Thats badass, but it looks like it might need different hitboxes. In which case,

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

Tell me what you think.
I must have this. We need an axe user. Heck, even if we can't have the axe, I would love for Ike to cosplay him.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I do wonder if the PMBR actually acknowledges this thread at all.

Hint hint @Nanobuds :p
Nano is here all the time informing us and telling us we're dingbats and why certain things don't work.

Several suggestions from this thread have been made into Alts. That's not to say the PMBR saw them here and decided to make them, but it does prove they know what we'd like to see, so really who cares?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Nano is here all the time informing us and telling us we're dingbats and why certain things don't work.

Several suggestions from this thread have been made into Alts. That's not to say the PMBR saw them here and decided to make them, but it does prove they know what we'd like to see, so really who cares?
I was just curious as all, and I do like the feedback about what would work and what wouldn't. I forget, but wasn't there some alt that linked to someone's hair bones? That's pretty interesting

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I was just curious as all, and I do like the feedback about what would work and what wouldn't. I forget, but wasn't there some alt that linked to someone's hair bones? That's pretty interesting
Someone on Kitty Corp made a Hyrule Warriors Link that bound his scarf's bones to his hat, if that's what you're referring to.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
What;s different, eh?
Different style, mostly.
JoeTE's looks like this:

The newer version seems to fit in Brawl's art style a little bit more to me:

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I gotta say for such a potentially simple palette swap, you guys made dark MK look awesome. Dat scar, and the apparently unnecessary CSS icon (no seriously, it's amazing looking) really having me like it.

It may beat Red/Green Knight for my fave.

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has already been said before but I think it'd be sick if they made an alt costume for Fox with James's sunglasses on, or maybe he smash taunts and puts them on (like Squirtle). It would probably only work on 64 Fox because of Brawl Fox's scouter, but just a thought.

I'm sure these ideas have been stated already too, but: Big Boss outfit for Snake, Lord costume for Ike, Skyward Sword Link, Pikachu with the hat Ethan wears in GSC/HGSS, and Shadow Mario from Sunshine.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Not sure if this has already been said before but I think it'd be sick if they made an alt costume for Fox with James's sunglasses on, or maybe he smash taunts and puts them on (like Squirtle). It would probably only work on 64 Fox because of Brawl Fox's scouter, but just a thought.

I'm sure these ideas have been stated already too, but: Big Boss outfit for Snake, Lord costume for Ike, Skyward Sword Link, Pikachu with the hat Ethan wears in GSC/HGSS, and Shadow Mario from Sunshine.
That Fox sunglasses idea would be really freakin' cool. Also, I think Mario and (maybe) Link are out of costume slots since they already have alternates.

Also, welcome to Smashboards!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

That Fox sunglasses idea would be really freakin' cool. Also, I think Mario and (maybe) Link are out of costume slots since they already have alternates.

Also, welcome to Smashboards!
Link is not out of costumes. Coincidentally, Fox is. Glasses would need to be a smash taunt. I don't know if they could make them only on Melee Fox, but who knows? (nano probably does)

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Link is not out of costumes. Coincidentally, Fox is. Glasses would need to be a smash taunt. I assume they could make them only on Melee Fox because Dark Peach has her own secret taunt effects, but who knows? (nano probably does)
She does? Implore me

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Actually, that comment was entirely fatigue talking. I was thinking about Peach's side b secret taunt. Dark Peach just has a different effect. My bad.
RUDE.

Haha just kidding, I knew about the Side B taunt so I was really excited for any other secret things hehe.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I wouldn't want OOT/Melee Link to get another recolor unless they decide to expand the costume slots to 14 some day. The last slot should go to something more unique like his civilian clothes from TP or SS, FD Link, or Classic Link.
FD Link should be his own character imo. It wouldn't fit him to be a Link costume.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Wouldn't you rather have him as a costume than being nothing at all though?

Let's be honest, it's doubtful we're getting a third Link. The majority of people want something a little more unique.
I wouldn't exactly call him "another Link" and he would be anything but another clone like Toon Link, but you're right. I still want him as his own character however. But if he turns out to be a costume, I guess I could deal with it. It would be wierd to look at however. Kind of like sizing down Ridley to make him playable.

Malion

Smash Ace
why is DK missing from this post too?

He's not I lied... maybe we can have a retro DK design? similar to retro pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom