• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The second hitbox of PK Fire Burst, Flame Pillar, and Lucas's PK Fire seems to have a hurtbox. Because of this, it will block all projectiles that would normally disappear after hitting an opponent.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Some characters like Marth would theoretically be able to cancel out PK Fire with jab. I've had it done to me in Brawl, and Marth's sword is the same length in this game (maybe longer, I can't remember).

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Soon ill be able to record Smash 4 and play against people and not on For Glory so expect some Lucas vids BOOOOYZZZZ

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nice work Blueberry! Although there were some clips in that that didn't always look fresh. There was a Ness one which was mostly stock standard combos until a Nair stage spiked the opponent. Remember you really want to wow the audience with every single clip! All that said, there was a lot of brilliant stuff in there, fantastic work buddy. <3

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Nice work Blueberry! Although there were some clips in that that didn't always look fresh. There was a Ness one which was mostly stock standard combos until a Nair stage spiked the opponent. Remember you really want to wow the audience with every single clip! All that said, there was a lot of brilliant stuff in there, fantastic work buddy. <3
Thanks! A lot of those ones were added because 0-death "montage" :3
I'm pretty proud with how the video came out.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Have you guys ever done falling Nair to footstool offstage?
I always die laughing when that happens Lol

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who finds Zair to not be all that great? Like everyone hypes it up but it's actually nothing special. It's also kinda hard to hit with imo.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
People shouldn't fear Lucas' PKT2 as much as they are. It has the priority of a service complaint at a Comcast call centre. Literally Lucas' own n-air could beat it, let alone other disjoint characters' moves. It's still a decent risk trying to go for it, but it doesn't do that much knockback, and the way it drags you along before the final hit should make it easier to time a tech. Point is people shouldn't just be content sitting at the ledge while I recover from deep with it, especially not Meta Knights or Falcons or the FE Swordies. I think they'll eventually learn though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
People shouldn't fear Lucas' PKT2 as much as they are. It has the priority of a service complaint at a Comcast call centre. Literally Lucas' own n-air could beat it, let alone other disjoint characters' moves. It's still a decent risk trying to go for it, but it doesn't do that much knockback, and the way it drags you along before the final hit should make it easier to time a tech. Point is people shouldn't just be content sitting at the ledge while I recover from deep with it, especially not Meta Knights or Falcons or the FE Swordies. I think they'll eventually learn though.
Yeah, my friend always gets free spikes whenever we play friendlies pretty much. At least he has rope snake too.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who finds Zair to not be all that great? Like everyone hypes it up but it's actually nothing special. It's also kinda hard to hit with imo.
It's not meant to do mean damage or hitstun, its more of a spacing tool or an approach option from the air. Regardless of if you're trying to land it or not, you should be using it when you're moving toward the opponent in the air, since it has negligible landing lag, so even if they shield it whatever. It also cancels out a lot of projectiles. I get how some people might think it's more a chore to have to press the z-air button all the time, but eventually you can get used to it, and find it's actually really good. I got used to it fast since my Brawl Lucas playstyle was heavily inspired by Mekos, who always landed with z-air.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
So uh i just remembered that we can punish Multi Hit Smashes on shield with Up Smash Thanks to invincibile Frame 1-4 on start up
We can punish stuff like Diddy's F Smash on shield and Sheik's Down Smash will Jump Cancel Up Smash

Also jabs on shield and stuff
EDIT: PSI Counter!

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dude I've been waiting for the past months ever since I really looked into it. I'm SO GOSH DARN HYPED! I hope it's really good. :D

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
It seems Up Smash out of shield is SORTA a good option if both players are shielding at the same time and they try to grab us thanks to the invincibility frames on start up which is frame 1 to 4

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
Why hasn't Lucas' up Smash been coined as the Brainblast yet

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
It seems Up Smash out of shield is SORTA a good option if both players are shielding at the same time and they try to grab us thanks to the invincibility frames on start up which is frame 1 to 4
I absolutely hate those invicibility frames. It seems like I can never get them to actually work.

1-4 might be too small a window.

EDIT:

So uh i just remembered that we can punish Multi Hit Smashes on shield with Up Smash Thanks to invincibile Frame 1-4 on start up
We can punish stuff like Diddy's F Smash on shield and Sheik's Down Smash will Jump Cancel Up Smash

Also jabs on shield and stuff
EDIT: PSI Counter!
Oh this is awesome.

Does this work on multihit dash attacks?

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
the window is right at the start of the attack, so the only thing you really need to do is input usmash just before you're going to get hit.
the problem is you don't know if they're even going to grab. if you did know, you'd still have to guess exactly when.
if you did know exactly when to do it then it becomes a "sorta good idea" (like a multi hitting move on shield) but otherwise it's just too risky to be feasible (but that doesnt mean it wont work at all)

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I absolutely hate those invicibility frames. It seems like I can never get them to actually work.

1-4 might be too small a window.

EDIT:

Oh this is awesome.

Does this work on multihit dash attacks?
Yep! Something like Kirby or Bowser Jr but not Pac Man since is lagless

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Does this mean the hitbox activates within those first 1-4 frames or is it something we gave to do towards the end of the attack?
We have to do Up Smash when the final hit of their dash attack is about to touch us
Also we can punish Yoshi's stupid janky DAir with this! Yay ;D

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I usually don't pay too much attention to jab locks, especially as they get more complex, because I'm skeptical of its viability in actual matches.

But Lucas's jab locks get a lot of attention. Maybe it's worth spending a day or two practicing.

Top Bottom