• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
I personally like how Pk Freeze looks in Project M. Just the sound and the little ice animation makes me happily wanna combo into oblivion.
Not sure about the Project M sounds but I expect it not to be so different from Brawl and I just have to say that the SFX in Brawl is so amazing. Was watching my friend play Brawl and I was just listening to the sound effects, and the metal clanking of Metaknight's blades and Lucas's PK Fire in stuff. Not sure if it's just me but it sounds much better than the Sm4sh sound effects for some reason.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Not sure about the Project M sounds but I expect it not to be so different from Brawl and I just have to say that the SFX in Brawl is so amazing. Was watching my friend play Brawl and I was just listening to the sound effects, and the metal clanking of Metaknight's blades and Lucas's PK Fire in stuff. Not sure if it's just me but it sounds much better than the Sm4sh sound effects for some reason.
I really do like all the texture and look/feel of Brawl overall honestly. It really fits the overall darker tone of the game (SSE and all that) and although I definitely can't say whether or not I prefer it over Smash4 graphics, I wouldn't have minded if they did Brawl graphics with an HD revamp.

I especially thought Ness and Lucas looked great in that style and I really prefer them in that said style. But oh well. At least we got them back in the first place.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I really do like all the texture and look/feel of Brawl overall honestly. It really fits the overall darker tone of the game (SSE and all that) and although I definitely can't say whether or not I prefer it over Smash4 graphics, I wouldn't have minded if they did Brawl graphics with an HD revamp.

I especially thought Ness and Lucas looked great in that style and I really prefer them in that said style. But oh well. At least we got them back in the first place.
It's kind hard for me to say as well, I like the Smash 4 graphics a lot but Brawl also has it's own unique appeal as well. My only problem with Brawl which may just be a personal thing is that for some reason, Lucas looks kind of fat or chubby I guess... on the other hand I'm kind of hoping there's a Revival of Brawl because I personally really love competitive Brawl.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love the Brawl sounds, Ness' Fair hitting shield or the THUMP! of his Dair in Brawl is amazing. I do love Ness' smash 4 look, though, it's so amazing. Also I love the way they really brought the T-shirt colour back, in Brawl it's a very washed out, bland colour as opposed to Smash 4 where the colours really jump out at you.

I dunnoooooo. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
I love the Brawl sounds, Ness' Fair hitting shield or the THUMP! of his Dair in Brawl is amazing. I do love Ness' smash 4 look, though, it's so amazing. Also I love the way they really brought the T-shirt colour back, in Brawl it's a very washed out, bland colour as opposed to Smash 4 where the colours really jump out at you.

I dunnoooooo. :p
Dude the clunk on the shield, like I said before the SFX in Brawl is amazing and I can see where you're coming from. I do agree that Smash 4 has colors that pop out and has a little more cartoony but I guess realistic look? I guess the charm in Brawl is that it looks more realistic than any of the other smash games but the colors are indeed much darker.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I miss the little twinkling noise Ness used to make on both jumps in Smash 64... which became his double jump in Melee... and is now completely gone. I wish they'd have Ness & Lucas make that noise again!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Ahh yep I remember that sound, I missed it, along with Ness' bat actually doing the scream (SMAAAAAAASH!) when it connected. :p
Wait what!? I didn't even remember that. Now I need to re-check all the Brawl SFX again, my uncle said he'll give me his copy of Brawl (which is like new so no scratches and it comes with the case)

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wait what!? I didn't even remember that. Now I need to re-check all the Brawl SFX again, my uncle said he'll give me his copy of Brawl (which is like new so no scratches and it comes with the case)
Oh haha, I was talking about 64 Ness, as I was referring to the post above that one. :grin:

Once I got used to Ness' bat no longer having it, I became quite fond of the 'Crack!' that it's made for the last 3 games. That said if I had to choose I would always choose the scream. :D

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I miss Ragnell sounding like Ike swinging a 2x4. The fire crackerish sound just doesn't do it for me in 4.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh haha, I was talking about 64 Ness, as I was referring to the post above that one. :grin:

Once I got used to Ness' bat no longer having it, I became quite fond of the 'Crack!' that it's made for the last 3 games. That said if I had to choose I would always choose the scream. :D
Going to check out nonetheless, I need to hear it. :^)

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I can't really imagine what they could replace their PSI with, I don't think a Healing / Offense / Defense Up mechanics would be very exciting or fun in my opinion and if you were to use the idea of Jeff / Duster teaching either of them how to use tools / equipments, they don't really strike me as the more strategic type of characters either.[/quote]
Yeah, i agree, I dont really think he should replace them, but he could have given them PK Love and PSI Rockin, Lucas learns PK Flash and stuff...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, he did? that's interesting.
If only that happened in the Mother games! Seriously, Ness with PSI Freeze/Fire/Thunder would have been so insane, and Paula with PSI Starstorm would have been so <3

Also, has anyone noticed that under his jacket, Leo in Mother 4 has a striped T-shirt? :D

Drippy

Smash Ace
I can't really imagine what they could replace their PSI with, I don't think a Healing / Offense / Defense Up mechanics would be very exciting or fun in my opinion and if you were to use the idea of Jeff / Duster teaching either of them how to use tools / equipments, they don't really strike me as the more strategic type of characters either. Yeah, i agree, I dont really think he should replace them, but he could have given them PK Love and PSI Rockin, Lucas learns PK Flash and stuff...
Why though when PK Love / Rockin are already Ness's / Lucas's aerial attacks and if I recall correctly, Lucas's up smash is PK Love too. I mean what can you really do with PK Love in terms of special attacks that still keeps it to the actual game. All it does is hit multiple targets and deals high damage, how would you implement that while still making it a fun innovative moveset for Lucas? Also PK Flash Ness already has and I mean PK Freeze isn't very different from the move either other than different fundamentals which is less damage and it freezes the enemy, in the end even giving him PK Flash wouldn't make him any more unique than he already is.

Also the other stuff that Lucas learns is exactly what I said in my previous post which is Offense / Defense Up, Life-Up, and I guess moves like Shield / Counter / Refresh but again it's kind of hard to implement those into a character and still make them fun. I don't really find it fun constantly buffing yourself, and I'd imagine the heal wouldn't be to strong otherwise it'd be broken, and I'm not very fond of Counter moves like Palutena / Marth / etc. have. I like what Project M did which kept him with PK Freeze but moving it to Side B meanwhile replacing his completely useless Neutral B and making it Offense Up.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
1 month until Lucas HYPE

Drippy

Smash Ace
1 month until Lucas HYPE
I can barely contain my excitement, I literally choose Omega Onett and I have Unfounded Revenge put onto high while all the other songs are put fairly low and I pray every game that I get Unfounded Revenge to play on the stage. My friend is very competitive (and so am I) so he wants to play on Smashville in stuff but gah the music on SV and stuff are so crap, nothing can beat the Mother OST D:

NeonViridian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkknightstar
3DS FC
3282-5023-4419
The brawl sound effects sounded really arcade like to me. I really liked it. I wish it was the same but they have to change each smash game

Drippy

Smash Ace
The brawl sound effects sounded really arcade like to me. I really liked it. I wish it was the same but they have to change each smash game
What do you mean by arcade-like? They sounded really "realistic" to me I suppose, I don't know how to explain it myself.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
"arcade" in that the effects are very loud and 'defined' sounds. Like the shield clank, a perfect shield in that game and you knew it had happened, or a Lucas Usmash and this rather crisp, PSI explosion-like sound was blasting out of your speakers. :p

It's also what you'd expect to hear when these things happen, so I think both your interpretations are correct.

Drippy

Smash Ace
"arcade" in that the effects are very loud and 'defined' sounds. Like the shield clank, a perfect shield in that game and you knew it had happened, or a Lucas Usmash and this rather crisp, PSI explosion-like sound was blasting out of your speakers. :p

It's also what you'd expect to hear when these things happen, so I think both your interpretations are correct.
Oh yea that definitely makes sense and I agree.

I can barely contain my excitement, I literally choose Omega Onett and I have Unfounded Revenge put onto high while all the other songs are put fairly low and I pray every game that I get Unfounded Revenge to play on the stage. My friend is very competitive (and so am I) so he wants to play on Smashville in stuff but gah the music on SV and stuff are so crap, nothing can beat the Mother OST D:
How dare you insult K.K. Rider? Well, I have 3 songs at max on my Onett. Pollyanna, Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise and The Mother 3 Love Theme.

Drippy

Smash Ace
How dare you insult K.K. Rider? Well, I have 3 songs at max on my Onett. Pollyanna, Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise and The Mother 3 Love Theme.
I mean they're not horrible but they're not great either and having Smashville as my most played stage (according to my records), I definitely have heard the song enough to get extremely tired of hearing it. On the other hand I love all the Onett themes but not a huge fan of Master Porky or the Onett remix.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I mean they're not horrible but they're not great either and having Smashville as my most played stage (according to my records), I definitely have heard the song enough to get extremely tired of hearing it. On the other hand I love all the Onett themes but not a huge fan of Master Porky or the Onett remix.
That's how I felt when watching things like APEX as well. It's a fine stage and the music's okay, but it got grating to see and hear it so often after a while.

Drippy

Smash Ace
That's how I felt when watching things like APEX as well. It's a fine stage and the music's okay, but it got grating to see and hear it so often after a while.
Yeah like it's a great stage, and I love it but the music isn't really that great and that can really turn me off from playing on the stage. When I play SSB I want a stage that can keep me pumped up and hyped when possible.

It's actually His Highness's theme, not Master Porky. I really wish they'd remix Master Porky's theme and the NKC theme.
For Bein' Friends, I like the Smash one but I much prefer the original. I'm on the fence about Onett/Winters.

Drippy

Smash Ace
It's actually His Highness's theme, not Master Porky. I really wish they'd remix Master Porky's theme and the NKC theme.
For Bein' Friends, I like the Smash one but I much prefer the original. I'm on the fence about Onett/Winters.
I know but since it's called by Master Porky in SSB then that's what I'm going to refer it as.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I really love most of the SSB tunes, especially the Mother ones. Even though I'm sad about certain aspects of Onett's theme being missed out on, I'm still happy they kept it in there, and it is a really upbeat, celebratory kind of rendition, so that's nice too. :grin:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Thought I report my progress on Mother 1 since I've continued my playthrough yesterday and I'm finally almost done with the game. Just want to note that the most annoying goddamn enemies in this game that wants me to massacre their entire goddamn race are any enemies that can paralyze / petrify in this game and HOLY GODDAMN the freaking Braingers. These goddamn little Brainger enemies have freaking high mobility so they always go first / often will dodge attacks, and when you do land an attack it doesn't even do that much damage because they have high defense (along with PSI Shield) as well as them being able to deal high damage themselves. Goddamn even I found Sephiroth to be a easier enemy to fight than these goddamn common mob spawns "Braingers." /rant

EDIT: As I was typing this, I realized PK Freeze Omega is highly effective. Still hate them =3=
LOL. So getting on top of Mt Itoi was tough considering how bad Lloid is (I'm sorry Lloid but why do your items not only have to be so mediocre but have to break as well...) but I saved at the healers house so when I thought I would again have to attempt to climb up, I find myself at his house. HAHA I'm going insane. And again, screw petrifying enemies, I'm literal angry right now.

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Glad to know I'm not the only one with an insane amount of hype for this DLC.

I made an "unofficial-official" picture of his Orange-Blue Stripe and it's my avatar as well because I couldn't wait an extra month for it. (as he will be my future main with this very alternate costume)

[The picture looks better small, as it was pretty much just a recolor...]

I should definitely finish Mother 3 before he comes out.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Glad to know I'm not the only one with an insane amount of hype for this DLC.

I made an "unofficial-official" picture of his Orange-Blue Stripe and it's my avatar as well because I couldn't wait an extra month for it. (as he will be my future main with this very alternate costume)

[The picture looks better small, as it was pretty much just a recolor...]

I should definitely finish Mother 3 before he comes out.
Lmao my friend was wearing a shirt exactly like that a few days ago and I was just thinking "Wow isn't that one of Lucas's alternate colors?"

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thought I report my progress on Mother 1 since I've continued my playthrough yesterday and I'm finally almost done with the game. Just want to note that the most annoying goddamn enemies in this game that wants me to massacre their entire goddamn race are any enemies that can paralyze / petrify in this game and HOLY GODDAMN the freaking Braingers. These goddamn little Brainger enemies have freaking high mobility so they always go first / often will dodge attacks, and when you do land an attack it doesn't even do that much damage because they have high defense (along with PSI Shield) as well as them being able to deal high damage themselves. Goddamn even I found Sephiroth to be a easier enemy to fight than these goddamn common mob spawns "Braingers." /rant

EDIT: As I was typing this, I realized PK Freeze Omega is highly effective. Still hate them =3=
LOL. So getting on top of Mt Itoi was tough considering how bad Lloid is (I'm sorry Lloid but why do your items not only have to be so mediocre but have to break as well...) but I saved at the healers house so when I thought I would again have to attempt to climb up, I find myself at his house. HAHA I'm going insane. And again, screw petrifying enemies, I'm literal angry right now.
Oh! I remember them. I remember going out and deciding to fight them, but they paralysed my whole party and eventually turned us all to stone and I was just sitting there waiting for the battle to end. It was awful! And I thought Mooks were bad that way, but at least Mooks rarely actually damage you. :p

You've already gone through the two really special parts in that game, classic to every Mother instalment. 'All that I needed was you', the dance you did at the bar, is what I mean. 'Fallin love' is just like :O

Also the tombstone theme is insane. It also plays for EVE, but I think it's easiest to get XX stone first. Seriously, hearing that remix of Pollyanna is something special, take the time out to give it a listen.

I can't wait till you get up to Giegue though. :D

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Why though when PK Love / Rockin are already Ness's / Lucas's aerial attacks and if I recall correctly, Lucas's up smash is PK Love too. I mean what can you really do with PK Love in terms of special attacks that still keeps it to the actual game. All it does is hit multiple targets and deals high damage, how would you implement that while still making it a fun innovative moveset for Lucas? Also PK Flash Ness already has and I mean PK Freeze isn't very different from the move either other than different fundamentals which is less damage and it freezes the enemy, in the end even giving him PK Flash wouldn't make him any more unique than he already is.

Also the other stuff that Lucas learns is exactly what I said in my previous post which is Offense / Defense Up, Life-Up, and I guess moves like Shield / Counter / Refresh but again it's kind of hard to implement those into a character and still make them fun. I don't really find it fun constantly buffing yourself, and I'd imagine the heal wouldn't be to strong otherwise it'd be broken, and I'm not very fond of Counter moves like Palutena / Marth / etc. have. I like what Project M did which kept him with PK Freeze but moving it to Side B meanwhile replacing his completely useless Neutral B and making it Offense Up.
I never said they should give him different moves. I simply stated that I found it strange that Lucas used moves he could not actually learn in-game, but I understand that they kinda need to do that. in fact, I love his moveset.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh! I remember them. I remember going out and deciding to fight them, but they paralysed my whole party and eventually turned us all to stone and I was just sitting there waiting for the battle to end. It was awful! And I thought Mooks were bad that way, but at least Mooks rarely actually damage you. :p

You've already gone through the two really special parts in that game, classic to every Mother instalment. 'All that I needed was you', the dance you did at the bar, is what I mean. 'Fallin love' is just like :O

Also the tombstone theme is insane. It also plays for EVE, but I think it's easiest to get XX stone first. Seriously, hearing that remix of Pollyanna is something special, take the time out to give it a listen.

I can't wait till you get up to Giegue though. :D
I'm actually fighting him right now. Also screw the Mooks, they raise their defense to infinity and spam PK Fire. :(

EDIT: Oh just beat him. They need to nerf Jigglypuff's Sing.
I never said they should give him different moves. I simply stated that I found it strange that Lucas used moves he could not actually learn in-game, but I understand that they kinda need to do that. in fact, I love his moveset.
Though you did say they could have and I replied to that.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I guess I did. basically what I was trying to say is, I figured Sakurai would give Lucas/Ness different moves since they can't learn those, but now that I think about it, he's done it with quite a few characters. so I'm wrong.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess I did. basically what I was trying to say is, I figured Sakurai would give Lucas/Ness different moves since they can't learn those, but now that I think about it, he's done it with quite a few characters. so I'm wrong.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from and it's more of less Itoi's fault for making the characters the way they are (not to say they're bad though).

Top Bottom