• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Should I take this as an excuse to play Mother 3 finally...

Also super happy my main from Brawl is back. Was grinning like an idiot the whole way through

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What makes the "Comes From Nowhere!" tagline all the more sweeter is that a line like that is exactly the kind of humor you'd see from the MOTHER series.

The whole trailer was a parade of MOTHER references and nods one after another and it was glorious.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I also thought this isn't the Lucas from Brawl, this is the matured, grown up Lucas we know. The courageous boy that has grown up.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Aww, his face isn't showing up in my mains or as my Premium splash... Hope that's fixed soon.:4lucas:

EDIT: Main's up, but still no Premium.

Last edited:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
HE SMILES OUTSIDE OF CUTSCENES!

I headcanon that Brawl takes place after Mother 3, and Lucas is still a bit shaken from his traumatic experiences and afraid to make more friends he could lose, but after making friends in SSB, he started to slowly cheer up. Then he decided to go on a little journey to find himself and now he's back and matured and no longer weighed down much by his sorrows.
Just cried again.... you've grown so much lil buddy.

The first thing I noticed was that he was smiling. :)

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Smash 4 Lucas is Lucas at the end of Mother 3.

The boy who fought Fassad in an active volcano, the boy who crossed the ocean underwater relying on kissing mermen for oxygen. He scaled the entire Empire Porky building, fought his own brother twice and had the courage to pull the last Needle when all seemed lost.

This is the Lucas we've all been expecting in Brawl, and he's finally here. I'm really glad they fixed him up.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Welp, i shall be joining this social fellow Lucas mains. For I will take up Lucas as my main tied with Shulk, and show everyone the power of the boy from a distant town with sadness set out.

Smash 4 Lucas is Lucas at the end of Mother 3.

The boy who fought Fassad in an active volcano, the boy who crossed the ocean underwater relying on kissing mermen for oxygen. He scaled the entire Empire Porky building, fought his own brother twice and had the courage to pull the last Needle when all seemed lost.

This is the Lucas we've all been expecting in Brawl, and he's finally here. I'm really glad they fixed him up.
Agreed. This is the Mature, Strong Lucas that we all came to know and love. The one who overcame his crybaby self and undertook an epic journey to stop a warped dictatorship and remake the world.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What makes the "Comes From Nowhere!" tagline all the more sweeter is that a line like that is exactly the kind of humor you'd see from the MOTHER series.

The whole trailer was a parade of MOTHER references and nods one after another and it was glorious.
And that part of the trailer where Lucas falls to the ground with the Franklin badge on.

That gave me so many feels and memories of beating Mother 3 for the first time ;_;

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Guys, this is a huge stretch but hear me out.

At a certain part RIGHT before Lucas is shown, there's an odd black screen... http://prntscr.com/6ohfqx

What if Brawl was beforehand, and we all damn well know he hasn't gone through all of the events of Mother 3 at that point, but what if that screen represents the end, and the Dark Dragon grants Lucas his wish to return to the battle...

It's a huge theory, but come on, a black screen out of all characters?

Also followed with PK Fire coming out of nowhere? Lucas doesn't know teleport, he could've used the Saturn Table, but idk...

I'm guessing he came after the resurrection of the Dark Dragon, maybe spent some time with his family JUST LIKE THE TROPHY, adventured on his own, and recollected himself... I betcha everyone is alive again too.

Anybody else catch this or am I overthinking?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just watched the trailer now. Wow, so. many. feelings.

I probably should use this as excuse to play Mother 3 finally.

:231:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Guys, this is a huge stretch but hear me out.

At a certain part RIGHT before Lucas is shown, there's an odd black screen... http://prntscr.com/6ohfqx

What if Brawl was beforehand, and we all damn well know he hasn't gone through all of the events of Mother 3 at that point, but what if that screen represents the end, and the Dark Dragon grants Lucas his wish to return to the battle...

It's a huge theory, but come on, a black screen out of all characters?

Also followed with PK Fire coming out of nowhere? Lucas doesn't know teleport, he could've used the Saturn Table, but idk...

I'm guessing he came after the resurrection of the Dark Dragon, maybe spent some time with his family JUST LIKE THE TROPHY, adventured on his own, and recollected himself... I betcha everyone is alive again too.

Anybody else catch this or am I overthinking?
yeah, thats... a huge theory.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Think about it though, did other characters get that odd black screen?

Out of all of em, Lucas gets that... Idk, maybe overthinking but... I think this is afterwards.

EDIT: P.S this be us LOL

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Black screen is used for anticipation. It's not only in the Lucas reveal trailer. You could probably find it in other media. Also, Smash is confirmed by Nintendo to be toys coming to life. So Lucas in Smash is a representation of Lucas in the Mother series and not canon Lucas.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Black screen is used for anticipation. It's not only in the Lucas reveal trailer. You could probably find it in other media. Also, Smash is confirmed by Nintendo to be toys coming to life. So Lucas in Smash is a representation of Lucas in the Mother series and not canon Lucas.
Well yeah, I thought of that but Lucas has trophies that aren't exactly normal either, the descriptions at least.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Seriously, you don't make an entire character solely to get a kick out of breaking people's hearts. Psyching veteran DLC is off limits.

Otherwise someone is going to get their reputation destroyed, if not their physical self.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah I mean the only people its fine to do that for is the Ridley fans (sorry guys, we know how Sakurai is with you)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Premium Lucas bros you can have him as a post background now.

Shoutouts to @ AEMehr AEMehr finding me a 5120x5120 picture of him and shoutouts to me spending 40 minutes cutting him out

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Made a quick tribute to him on Miiverse. I apologize for my not so great drawing skills. I should have drew him more to the left so there would be more space for text on the right and less random empty space on the left...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Premium Lucas bros you can have him as a post background now.

Shoutouts to @ AEMehr AEMehr finding me a 5120x5120 picture of him and shoutouts to me spending 40 minutes cutting him out
This is even better than Shaqboards. :4lucas:

EDIT: I just broke my Kirby chain for Lucas...

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Congrats for all the Lucas fans out there! Admittedly I didn't play as him too much in Brawl/PM, but I always felt it was a pity to see Mother 3's representative kicked off the roster.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I... kinda hated this guy in Brawl. I mean, he was almost always in Red's shadow, afraid of everything.... And also, I was really bad with Earthbound characters. (Ness is an Original-12, though, so I'm okay with him.)
But, still, I'm happy for all his fans. And that's a lot of people xD I didn't think there were so many Earthbound fans around here. So, yeah, glad he's here if he was that wanted !
(But now, please help me getting Phoenix Wright or Hershel Layton in this game, with the poll xD Ridley is a NO-WAY from Sakurai, and Wolf will be in anyway...)

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Gonna listen to the entire Mother 3i album a few times over and once I finish this darn essay I'm gonna have to draw a picture for him. I CANT CONTAIN THESE FEEELINGSS

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I honestly cannot stop watching the Lucas trailer. He just stole the whole damn Direct from Mewtwo.

Such hype even after the 100th time.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Honestly, I am a little worried about whether or not Lucas is top-tier. I'd really, really, reeeaaaally hate to be annoyed at him for being too good to play against. I don't want to not like him, y'know?

I want him to be awesome, but not in the Diddy kind of way.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I'd love to play Lucas as a pocket but.... I think I've already got too many. Do u think its still worth it?

Also, I dunno why, but I always thought Lucas' hair looked like yellow ice cream. :psycho:

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
WHAT IS THIS
I JUST RECENTLY PLAYED MOTHER 3

I VERY HAPPY FOR THE REAL FANS THOUGH!

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I need to replay MOTHER 3 for the third time now to celebrate. Also, move back Lucina and Jiggs; you're gonna be pockets now.

Anyway time to do coursework to Mother 3i's OST.

Top Bottom