• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Guys, I got off the worst workday I've ever had, I looked down at my phone, scrolled to reddit while stopping at a stop sign because I had a gut feeling, and then the magic happened. I saw "Lucas comes out of nowhere!" and immediatly thought "Surely not, my prediction is right?" I clicked the video, set it on my lap and it loaded for about 2 minutes and I saw... I immediately screamed in joy and sped home going 70 past a couple in their car, ran inside and turned my desktop on, saw the video and jumped more than off the walls LOL.

Imagine Lucas with his hair jiggles in HD.

Also guys, I think firebouncing is back.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
LUCASSSSSSSSS! LUCASSSSSSSSS!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can't even believe this happened! ...Maybe we'll get some more Mother 3 content with him? Please Samurai!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Is it just me or did Rope Snake have a growth spurt?
I think he's just really happy to be involved with the plot again.
Besides that, it's that in itself that gives Lucas a huge buff. He's going to have an easier time recovering now.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Just got home and finished the direct! So excited Lucas is back! Please help wolf come back too!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Did anyone find it weird when so many characters were demolishing Ness when Ness is a top-tier character?

Let's hope Lucas surpasses him.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
LUCAS SLAMS OUT OF THE OVERTIME.
I mean... I'm hyped as all hell for Lucas

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
YEs! MAH BOY LUCAS IS BACK!!!!!! Just bring back Wolf and IC and we're golden on bringing back the cut characters. Maybe Snake too.

Has anyone noticed that Lucas's artwork is basically Ness's mirrored with an open palm. Can you imagined if this was leaked and everyone would **** on it saying its just a photoshopped Ness? That would've been crazy.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
It's just me or Lucas saving Ness is a reference to the Subspace Emissary when Ness saved him from Porky's statue?
That's really cool.
Lucas is repaying the favor to his broham. They have such a nice friendship in the Smashverse, I love it.

Did anyone find it weird when so many characters were demolishing Ness when Ness is a top-tier character?

It wasn't weird. Trailers usually have already playable characters be jobbers to make the new character or returning character look good. Look at Robin's trailer for example: Robin was thrashing Falcon, yet most people consider Falcon to be above Robin if there was a tier list. On that note, I don't care where Lucas is, as long as I can play him as great as Ness.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Haha, don't get me wrong, Ness is great in Smash4, but for some reason i can't play him right, i preferred him in past games were he is considered worse, it's really weird, but oh well Lucas is back, so i can't complain.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The worst part about Lucas coming back is that we have to wait all the way till June for him.:4lucas:

He had gameplay footage, what on earth is holding him back?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I never stopped believing in miracles or second chances.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
HE'S IN THE MAINS OPTIONS NOW FOR 3DS/WII U. HECK YES I'VE MADE HIM MY MAIN.

Not that you can tell with the Shaqpocalypse right now.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
The worst part about Lucas coming back is that we have to wait all the way till June for him.:4lucas:

He had gameplay footage, what on earth is holding him back?
They probably need to balance him out and make some custom moves. Plus, his hair looked pretty awful in the trailer IMO.

But man, so glad Lucas is back! He was my main in Brawl so I can't wait to download him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
HE'S IN THE MAINS OPTIONS NOW FOR 3DS/WII U. HECK YES I'VE MADE HIM MY MAIN.

Not that you can tell with the Shaqpocalypse right now.
Ashaqalypse too stronk.

...Gonna go set my main as Lucas, cuz that ****'s gonna be how it is unless DLC #3 is exactly who I want.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BRAWL MAIN IS BACK
THAT BONEY SHIRT IS HYPE
I made this
Normal.png

Not exactly high-quality, but it gets the job done until his real render is out.
I'm hyped. :4lucas:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to say congratulations to the Lucas supporters. I figured Lucas always had the highest chance to return, tied with Wolf in my mind.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I FINALLY GOT THE SPLASH TEXT PUN
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
WELL PLAYED NINTENDO
Wait, there was a pun there?
I just found it funny how he's just like
"Expecting Mewtwo?
HI
:4lucas:"

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Honestly, I thought that Ness having Lucas' specials as customs was the nail in the coffin for Lucas. I've never been happier to have been wrong in my entire life. I don't care how low tier he is (as long as he's not below like, Doc and WFT), I'm ****ing repping this boy and Shulk.

Shaymikyu

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BRAWL MAIN IS BACK
THAT BONEY SHIRT IS HYPE
I made this
View attachment 45444
Not exactly high-quality, but it gets the job done until his real render is out.
I'm hyped. :4lucas:
Boney shirt is the best palette, unless he has a Commander disguise hidden that we didn't see (which I doubt since his Masked Man palette is just a palette).

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Lucas will no doubt get Ness's specials as customs...
Imagine Lucas with Ness Pk Fire..
Also I can't wait to see his victory pose in sm4sh where he pulls one of the Seven Needles Kreygasm

Shaymikyu

Lucas will no doubt get Ness's specials as customs...
Imagine Lucas with Ness Pk Fire..
Also I can't wait to see his victory pose in sm4sh where he pulls one of the Seven Needles Kreygasm
Lucas with PK Flash, an actual move he uses in Mother 3...

AND SEVEN NEEDLES VICTORY POSE IN HD HNNNNNNNG.

I'm just over the moon that he got his glorious table entrance. While I'm doubting it since Ness didn't get Smiles and Tears, I'd love for Lucas's victory theme to change to Mother 3 Love Theme.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
He's back. The tears shed today were as real as ever.

Looks like we get Lucas after he has matured a bit too. Dat character development.

Shaymikyu

He's back. The tears shed today were as real as ever.

Looks like we get Lucas after he has matured a bit too. Dat character development.
HE SMILES OUTSIDE OF CUTSCENES!

I headcanon that Brawl takes place after Mother 3, and Lucas is still a bit shaken from his traumatic experiences and afraid to make more friends he could lose, but after making friends in SSB, he started to slowly cheer up. Then he decided to go on a little journey to find himself and now he's back and matured and no longer weighed down much by his sorrows.

Top Bottom