• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I've just got back from school and I'm so glad Lucas hasn't been disconfirmed yet! I was worrying all day since I got to see 10 mins or so of the stream. I actually saw Ness being unlocked but since my school have banned every Super Bros related website and Twitch I couldn't see anything for the whole day.
My feels were out of control :cry:

EDIT: WHAT
WHAT
SHUSH
SHUHSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DON'T TELL ME NESS' SPECIALS ARE LUCAS'!
NOO :,(

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I've just got back from school and I'm so glad Lucas hasn't been disconfirmed yet! I was worrying all day since I got to see 10 mins or so of the stream. I actually saw Ness being unlocked but since my school have banned every Super Bros related website and Twitch I couldn't see anything for the whole day.
My feels were out of control :cry:
Sadly it looks like our little buddy is... DLC or he's... he's gone.

Hopefully the ESBR leaker didn't unlock everything, it looks like there's just those empty slots, hopefully not but maybe..

Only thing I can see is a Mother 3 re-release, then Lucas being DLC around that same event.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Sadly it looks like our little buddy is... DLC or he's... he's gone.

Hopefully the ESBR leaker didn't unlock everything, it looks like there's just those empty slots, hopefully not but maybe..

Only thing I can see is a Mother 3 re-release, then Lucas being DLC around that same event.
Awww! No! Don't give me this news! I don't think I can handle it... :cry:

Lucas pls:lucas:

Edit: At least DLC is possible right?

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Awww! No! Don't give me this news! I don't think I can handle it... :cry:

Lucas pls:lucas:

Edit: At least DLC is possible right?
Depends, what we're hoping for is that "all characters have been unlocked" message.

If it does it once it reaches the 48 characters, our buddy is out.

BUT there's still space on the roster for DLC if that's the case... wether or not that goes to Lucas though... we dunno.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Depends, what we're hoping for is that "all characters have been unlocked" message.

If it does it once it reaches the 48 characters, our buddy is out.

BUT there's still space on the roster for DLC if that's the case... wether or not that goes to Lucas though... we dunno.
Aww... Lucas' chances are running slim and it's getting me slightly worried.
I just don't want Lucas and Mother 3 fading into oblivion. Super Smash Bros is the only time where Mother characters get a game, along with others. Seeing Lucas, The Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle possibly getting cut really breaks my heart. I hate it when characters have to leave... :(

I guess I am on #TeamDLC

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I heard Ness has Lucas specials' as his custom moves, JUST as I was afraid of and posted about here awhile ago. Crap. :(Please God no
What if Lucas has been decloned? Assuming he's cut because his move is already in use seems kind of too early for judgement.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
=
What if Lucas has been decloned? Assuming he's cut because his move is already in use seems kind of too early for judgement.
With other clones not getting that treatment, I don't have any hopes for that. Seems too unlikely to keep hoping at this point.

Just gonna hope for DLC, otherwise we might as well give it up imo. Unless he's one of the LAST unlockable characters (I don't see why Lucas would be out of everyone).

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
Ok everybody
Still no sing of lucas, his specials may be part of ness too but lucina shares hers with marth too
currently deconfirmed : RH rep, Wolf, Ivy and Squirtly and apperently IC because the polar bear doesn't have the ice climbers icon for what I've hear

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Yep, Lucas didn't make it.

I'm not suprised, Sakurai clearly did not give a damn about this game's roster. It's rushed, ugly and incomplete.

Sakurai: Hey like Lucas and Wolf? Well too bad, they're SEMI-CLONES so i'm removing them. Here, have some ACTUAL CLONES instead! DR. MARIO AND DARK FREAKING PIT!

I give up, that's it.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Huh? Am I missing something here? I didn't see anything that disconfirmed Lucas?

PLEASE DON'T SCARE ME

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thought all along they'd share a custom move pool? It seems reasonable that they would, just as I assume Marth/Lucina and Pitt/Dark Pitt do. Things are looking pretty grim, but I don't think this changes anything. Until I see a non-player Lucas trophy or that lock disappears from All Star Mode, I'm holding out hope.

... That hasn't happened yet, right?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
:ness:Well there you have it folks on this very day I lost 3 of my mains :lucas::wolf::popo: it's been a joy talking with you guys........ sniff .....sniff........ but I guess this is the end of the road for my little man :lucas:let's take a moment of silence :')
I'm going to miss you little guy I promise I will always go back to the game that makes you trip just to play as you........ sniff........ Rest easy :'}'

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Well there you have it folks on this very day I lost 3 of my mains :lucas::wolf::popo: it's been a joy talking with you guys........ sniff .....sniff........ but I guess this is the end of the road for my little man :lucas:let's take a moment of silence :')
Wait what?
WHAT?
WHAT?
HOW HAS HE BEEN DISCONFIRMED? I HAVENT SEEN ANY OF THIS? WHAT? WHY? WHAT?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im so bummed about lucas being cut

and just giving his special to ness is just kind of mean

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
People just keep continuing to claim the ESRB leak is the final roster in the game without any sources. It's driving me nuts.

Just cite a source and I'll believe you. But I haven't seen any confirmation for that yet.

Ugh.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Oh ... Yup. The Japanese reads "You've unlocked the true All Star Mode! Defeat all the fighters!"

How ... unfortunate. :( :( :(

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I'm actually crying! NO LUCASSSSSS:lucas::lucas::lucas:

Is this just because somebody posted a picture of the roster then a Japanese text saying that person unlocked all the characters?
Surely he could have taken the roster picture first...

However people PLEASE don't give up! We still have the chance of DLC! We can't just stop fighting now!
I've lost 2 of my mains and it just hurrrttsssss:cry:
:lucas::popo::lucas::popo::lucas:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
The stream just confirmed that Rob is last locked character Lucas is gone.......... sniff :'(
Wait so this is the final roster? isn't this just the leaked roster, while the pad lock proves it isn't complete? There's something fishy, especially considering the stream tomorow and the fact it isn't even out yet.

Never lose hope, channel your inner Gatsby.

Honestly, at E3 they joked about Starfox and Mother 3. Suddenly new Starfox game. I don't see Nintendo joking about Mother 3 if they don't plan to do anything with it, and if Lucas is cut from Smash. I just don't see it.

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
If Lucas and Ice Climbers are truly gone, I might seriously cry. I don't know if I can accept it yet. :c

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm actually crying! NO LUCASSSSSS:lucas::lucas::lucas:

Is this just because somebody posted a picture of the roster then a Japanese text saying that person unlocked all the characters?
Surely he could have taken the roster picture first...

However people PLEASE don't give up! We still have the chance of DLC! We can't just stop fighting now!
I've lost 2 of my mains and it just hurrrttsssss:cry:
:lucas::popo::lucas::popo::lucas:
I know your feels man I was praying at college today for Lucas to be in and there is still a space right on the same row as Ness I just..... I'm speechless we lost :lucas::popo::wolf: and we didn't get the return of :mewtwopm: but we get this thing :drmario: back oh and to make me despise him even more he has a clone final smash with different ascetics in one way I'm happy R.O.B never got cut but I've been crying at the loss of Lucas :'(

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
DLC is literally Lucas' last hope.

I'm devastated, Mother 3 is my favorite game ever and one of the greatest RPGs ever made. It sucks they took out such a fun semi-clone.

They didn't even have to adjust him all that much, either. His moveset was great in Brawl as-is, just that Brawl's physics kept it from being good.

Just a damn shame.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I know your feels man I was praying at college today for Lucas to be in and there is still a space right on the same row as Ness I just..... I'm speechless we lost :lucas::popo::wolf: and we didn't get the return of :mewtwopm: but we get this thing :drmario: back oh and to make me despise him even more he has a clone final smash with different ascetics in one way I'm happy R.O.B never got cut but I've been crying at the loss of Lucas :'(
I am truly speechless too. However I would love to think that something big might be coming. Starfox and Mother 3 were teased at e3 by Reggie in the Robot Chicken skit.
Then Starfox got a new game! I know it's been said many times before but just maybe this means a international Mother 3 release. If that happens maybe we will get a certain someone to promote such game...
Maybe I'm getting my hopes up but Nintendo does listen to their fans and I wouldn't be surprised if they do now...

Anybody up for a Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf riot? :3

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
am truly speechless too. However I would love to think that something big might be coming. Starfox and Mother 3 were teased at e3 by Reggie in the Robot Chicken skit.
Then Starfox got a new game! I know it's been said many times before but just maybe this means a international Mother 3 release. If that happens maybe we will get a certain someone to promote such game...
Maybe I'm getting my hopes up but Nintendo does listen to their fans and I wouldn't be surprised if they do now...
Yes exactly. And correct me if I'm wrong, but all the characters right now are the ERSB leak's roster. So, I'm not sure what the copies that the streamers have, but maybe Nintendo just made sure the streamers wouldn't leak their big reveal on Friday's stream, so they locked a part of the game.

Speculator

Smash Ace
This is the only loss that is totally inexcusable. Wolf shared his specials with two other characters. Snake isn't owned by Nintendo. Charizard took priority over Squirtle and Ivysaur. The 3DS couldn't handle eight Ice Climbers at once.

There isn't a single justifiable reason that Lucas should have been dropped.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
It's over.
Not that I wasn't expecting Lucas to be out, but this is more than just that. Not just for Lucas, but for Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Isaac...and whatever other characters were highly requested/popular/should have come back. In general every series save for Mario, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem.

So many amazing reveals were made months ago, so of course when I saw that leak, I didn't want to believe THOSE characters would be in. Dr. Mario? Dark Pit? And why Duck Hunt Dog, of all possible character choices??
Well, it was said then, at least there are clearly still some open spaces, there's most likely some BIG reveals still to be made. Some characters to REALLY get excited about, regardless of what your favourites are.

Except this is not the case.
This roster is absolutely completely disappointing to me. I've hyped WAY too much about this game over the past few years to be treated to such an unremarkable roster in the end. Yes, much of this is because of the leak ruining surprises, but...

Don't tell me I'm the only one who sees how completely unfair the representation of certain series is.
This isn't just an "oh, my favourite isn't back, now it sucks".
This is an "oh, THREE QUARTERS OF THE FANBASE isn't getting their favourite series represented properly".

And if we're really ARE talking about just Lucas, I have not seen even a single mention of Mother 3's existence so far. Additionally, the Polar Bear trophy doesn't have the Ice Climber franchise logo anymore, so those also don't exist anymore.
WHAT THE HELL SAKURAI.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Yes exactly. And correct me if I'm wrong, but all the characters right now are the ERSB leak's roster. So, I'm not sure what the copies that the streamers have, but maybe Nintendo just made sure the streamers wouldn't leak their big reveal on Friday's stream, so they locked a part of the game.
Yay! Positivity! Perhaps? I don't really know how things like that work but it would be cool if on Friday all those with the game right now had to update and it would 'unlock' more characters. Sounds highly unlikely though. :3

Wait, so is lucas for sure not getting back in? I need clarification.
Somebody with the game (not sure who?) posted the roster then a picture with Japanese text basically saying they had unlocked all the characters. So that's pretty much all the evidence. Aevin posted one of the images above.

Top Bottom