• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Lucas was my first tournament main, and he won me that said tourney. Havent been in once since again last night and working with his Project M updates. After practicing all day and losing 0-2 in the bracket I still had a blast, but now its sinking in that he really might not make it this time. I never had any Mother/Earthbound experience, but I synced with him easy. It hurts :crying:

If he dosent make the cut ill probably be going for Robin, which I have never played any FE either, but hes got a similar play-style charm to me it seems. I never really got into Ness, I just never really liked his moves that much.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Well in about 2 days we'll know for sure. And if so, there might still be hope for DLC.
I can't believe it is only two days from release in japan, and we'll finally get the whole roster. Oh, and when lucas does get announced, I can at least be that person that can say I didn't lose hope for him for a second. Anyone with me on that?

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I can't believe it is only two days from release in japan, and we'll finally get the whole roster. Oh, and when lucas does get announced, I can at least be that person that can say I didn't lose hope for him for a second. Anyone with me on that?
I won't say I've lost hope, just cautiously optimistic. But whatever happens im just super excited, don't think I've ever been this hype for a game since melee.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I won't say I've lost hope, just cautiously optimistic. But whatever happens im just super excited, don't think I've ever been this hype for a game since melee.
Ok, fair enough. But yeah, me too, I'm sooo stoked for this game. I might just have to get a job in order to buy a wiiu and get this game. Can't wait to see our psi boys in HD.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Guy's I know this may seem very crazy but 2 Mothers items confirmed (2 characters) Never ever give up hope this is what Sakurai wants to build up hype and (I'm really feeling it :4shulk:)Lucas has to be in there I mean he isn't that much different to Ness in terms of looks his model is about the same height and everything ( a lot different than :fox:to:falco:) plus I know I'm grasping onto straws, but cut me some slack I am potentially losing 3 of my mains :lucas::wolf::popo: and I really want to wake up on Friday before I go to college and see these 3 or at least two back, I mean if this scoundrel :drmario:can get back I'm sure these guys are a shoe in :lucas::wolf: LUCAS & WOLF WILL NEVER DIE

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Guy's I know this may seem very crazy but 2 Mothers items confirmed (2 characters) Never ever give up hope this is what Sakurai wants to build up hype and (I'm really feeling it :4shulk:)Lucas has to be in there I mean he isn't that much different to Ness in terms of looks his model is about the same height and everything ( a lot different than :fox:to:falco:) plus I know I'm grasping onto straws, but cut me some slack I am potentially losing 3 of my mains :lucas::wolf::popo: and I really want to wake up on Friday before I go to college and see these 3 or at least two back, I mean if this scoundrel :drmario:can get back I'm sure these guys are a shoe in :lucas::wolf: LUCAS & WOLF WILL NEVER DIE
Hahaha damn right!!! Let's ride this hype train all the way.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Also just for the laughs, how would you guys react if these where the final 5 :younglinkmelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee::squirtle::snake: I think I would freak out with RAGE
Hahaha damn right!!! Let's ride this hype train all the way.
I will never give up on my Mains just two days left, the Hype train has well past Ludicrous speed and when I woke up to the POTD to see a Japan only demo I nearly lost it XD THE HYPE IS REAL :D

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I'm just hoping the fact that Sakurai tried to add Lucas in every Smash game and finally got him in to Brawl gives him more of a chance to come back! Don't lose hope! We have to stay strong! :teeth:

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I really think you guys are hyping yourselves up for disappointment.
Personally I would rather have supported and believed in Lucas and have him not in than not believing at all and him still not being in and forgotten... At least we have all had a little fun together and it shows that people really do want Lucas back.

That may be so, but I'm gonna ride this hype train all the way through. Anyone who wants to come aboard is welcome.
One ticket please! :3

I can barely contain the hype at school and I just want it to be Friday 3:59pm :D

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would rather have supported and believed in Lucas and have him not in than not believing at all and him still not being in and forgotten... At least we have all had a little fun together and it shows that people really do want Lucas back.

I can barely contain the hype at school and I just want it to be Friday 3:59pm :D
Right here. This is the type talk we need to keep us from just giving up on lucas. Also, I'm with you on the hype. I could barely focus in math class thinking about what's to come on Friday.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

One ticket please! :3

Friday 3:59 pm? Is that when Treehouse is gonna stream Smash 3DS?

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Right here. This is the type talk we need to keep us from just giving up on lucas. Also, I'm with you on the hype. I could barely focus in math class thinking about what's to come on Friday.
It didn't help that we were going over Upper Bound and Lower Bound in my maths class. I hope you can see what I am getting at xD

Oh and positive talk is always a good thing. We don't need people to bring us down in the final 45 hours or so!
(This is my personal counter... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...fg2=176db3&msg=Super+Smash+Bros+3DS+Japan!+:3 :D)

Friday 3:59 pm? Is that when Treehouse is gonna stream Smash 3DS?
Totally! Didn't you know they like to start one minute before the actual hour starts to annoy people that like things on the dot. :awesome:
(But being serious that final minute of waiting shall be hell for me...)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It didn't help that we were going over Upper Bound and Lower Bound in my maths class. I hope you can see what I am getting at xD

Oh and positive talk is always a good thing. We don't need people to bring us down in the final 45 hours or so!
(This is my personal counter... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20140912T16&p0=136&fg1=ea0606&fg2=176db3&msg=Super Smash Bros 3DS Japan! :3 :D)

Totally! Didn't you know they like to start one minute before the actual hour starts to annoy people that like things on the dot. :awesome:
(But being serious that final minute of waiting shall be hell for me...)
Neat! Also thanks for the countdown, I'll stare at it anxiously (as in "islucascutislucascutislucascutahhhh") a few hours before the stream starts.

I remember when the April Smash Direct started a minute early too, lol

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
That may be so, but I'm gonna rude this hype train all the way through. Anyone who wants to come aboard is welcome.
I don't care if the train eventually leads nowhere. It's warm in here. :)

I'm still daring to hope. If there's really 5 spaces left, why wouldn't he be in? It's a little late for high profile newcomers; they'd want them out there for advertising purposes. I'm guessing the four missing Brawl veterans plus Mewtwo. (I have no particular love for Mewtwo, he just makes sense).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

(This is my personal counter... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20140912T16&p0=136&fg1=ea0606&fg2=176db3&msg=Super Smash Bros 3DS Japan! :3 :D)

I ended up doing doodles of Smash 4 in college Lucas was the one I was doodling the most of course, while I was listening to We Miss You from Mother 3 the feels man :'(
Neat! Also thanks for the countdown, I'll stare at it anxiously (as in "islucascutislucascutislucascutahhhh") a few hours before the stream starts.

So do you think they might show those 5 secret slots everyone has been waiting for or another 2 reveal trailers, Btw I hear the Wii U is getting a release date during the stream

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I don't care if the train eventually leads nowhere. It's warm in here. :)

I'm still daring to hope. If there's really 5 spaces left, why wouldn't he be in? It's a little late for high profile newcomers; they'd want them out there for advertising purposes. I'm guessing the four missing Brawl veterans plus Mewtwo. (I have no particular love for Mewtwo, he just makes sense).
What if there is another row that we don't know about, how Hyped would you be then? =D also guys here's the famitsu scans that gives a lot of information :)

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice

(This is my personal counter... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20140912T16&p0=136&fg1=ea0606&fg2=176db3&msg=Super Smash Bros 3DS Japan! :
Hey, I'm glad we see eye to eye on this lucas situation. It's not a bad thing to give support to an underdog character like lucas. In fact, it's probably the best thing for him right now. Btw, started laughing in English class when I read your math joke. Talk about a huge coincidence.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice

(This is my personal counter... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20140912T16&p0=136&fg1=ea0606&fg2=176db3&msg=Super Smash Bros 3DS Japan! :
Hey, I'm glad we see eye to eye on this lucas situation. It's not a bad thing to give support to an underdog character like lucas. In fact, it's probably the best thing for him right now. Btw, started laughing in English class when I read your math joke. Talk about a huge coincidence.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Well, if Lucas is out, at least we got a new Mother stage. I not once ever believed that would happen.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

It's fine! It's 4pm for me (Because I am British! Yay!) Which means if my school bus is late I will cry.
I don't know when the streams are actually starting though? The countdown is for when the game hits the e-shop but is that when the streams start too? I dunno :3
It actually started early? Well that would have annoyed some :awesome:

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 Post (Sorry, Reply didn't work ._.)

Same. Always doodling. My friends knew nothing about Lucas or the Mother series as a whole but now my friend even wants to go as him for Halloween. :D That song also gives me the feels :,(
Personally would love one or two trailers and a Wii U release date would be pretty cool too! Still kinda wish we had an international release...

@ Onett kid Onett kid Post (Sorry, Reply didn't work ._.)

I'm glad we do too! It's nice to talk to somebody about this sort of stuff. My friends do try but will never live up to this community. I love it when characters when hardly any popularity get put into Smash since it gives them recognition. It's also fun to support them!
Well I am glad I made you laugh :cyclops: I do hope you didn't get into too much trouble though. I did but I couldn't really explain to my teacher that she was reminding me of one of my favourite series/games of all time and in turn setting me off on the Hype Train! :laugh:
The world sometimes does hate me. xD

(BTW THANKS GUYS FOR MY 100th Like! Yay! :colorful:)

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I'm calling it now Ninten is most certainly an alt I mean come on 2 different costumes for little mac Gender swaps for Villager, Wii fit trainer and Robin and the biggest reasoning Alph for Olimar also just for the sake I am going to call masked man for Lucas I mean why not :p.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I wish Ninten wasn't an alt skin because I don't like the idea of characters becoming different people for recolors (I'm already flustered about Olimar's Alph alt), but I do think all this hints toward that possibility.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I wish Ninten wasn't an alt skin because I don't like the idea of characters becoming different people for recolors (I'm already flustered about Olimar's Alph alt), but I do think all this hints toward that possibility.
I feel the same way but tied with the fact that we might lose Lucas I kind of want him to be an alt so we can at least pretend he is his own character right.... guys..... right :'(:lucas:This is how I how I will feel if Lucas gets in

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice

I'm glad we do too! It's nice to talk to somebody about this sort of stuff. My friends do try but will never live up to this community. I love it when characters when hardly any popularity get put into Smash since it gives them recognition. It's also fun to support them!
Well I am glad I made you laugh :cyclops: I do hope you didn't get into too much trouble though. I did but I couldn't really explain to my teacher that she was reminding me of one of my favourite series/games of all time and in turn setting me off on the Hype Train! :laugh:

(BTW THANKS GUYS FOR MY 100th Like! Yay! :colorful:)[/quote]
Hey, I'm glad I can talk about Mother games in this community also. I can't talk about those games anywhere else. None of my friends have even heard of the mother series. It's quite depressing, actually. On another note, that sucks that you got in trouble. Was it really a big deal that you laughed in class? Oh well, the world will hate everyone at one point or another, let's just hope now that the world decides to have mercy on lucas just this once. Speaking of lucas, what alt. Costume would you like see him in?

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

(BTW THANKS GUYS FOR MY 100th Like! Yay! :colorful:)
Hey, I'm glad I can talk about Mother games in this community also. I can't talk about those games anywhere else. None of my friends have even heard of the mother series. It's quite depressing, actually. On another note, that sucks that you got in trouble. Was it really a big deal that you laughed in class? Oh well, the world will hate everyone at one point or another, let's just hope now that the world decides to have mercy on lucas just this once. Speaking of lucas, what alt. Costume would you like see him in?[/quote]

I slightly wish the series was more popular but then it makes you feel kind of special for being one of not many to experience the games. At least that's how I look at it.
Haha, it's fine. My school is pretty strict from uniforms to behaviour. Especially when they spend over £21 Million pounds on a brand new school :p Alt costumes huh? I did like the idea of the Masked Man being a character but I don't think that's going to happen so I wouldn't mind a Masked Man/Claus Alt. Or perhaps the Pigmask commander costume from the game when the group has to disguise? Otherwise I am not too sure but Sakurai is pretty crazy and 90% of the time knows best. :3

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I'm watching hamayama's stream on twitch. He's currently playing a copy of Sm4sh 3DS. He just did classic mode with Ness. After Beating Master Hand and the post credits went by Dark Pit showed up. Was expecting Lucas :/

aralove

Smash Rookie
NNID
aralove
Well Ness doesn't have any alts of Lucas or Ninten, so that is no longer a possibility.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
So was anything Mother 3 related spotted? I know there was an Earthbound stage and read that there were two assist trophies from the series, but I haven't heard anything about Mother 3.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So was anything Mother 3 related spotted? I know there was an Earthbound stage and read that there were two assist trophies from the series, but I haven't heard anything about Mother 3.
I have not spotted anything Mother 3 related.

Remember guys, the Streamers have not revealed everyone so there is still hope.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I heard Ness has Lucas specials' as his custom moves, JUST as I was afraid of and posted about here awhile ago. Crap. :( Please God no.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So apparently Ness has PK Freeze as a custom move... all my hope just faded hearing that.
Until the Stream shows a sign that says "All Characters have been unlocked" and Lucas is not a part of them, then it would be safe to deconfirm him, but only if you don't believe in DLC that is.

Top Bottom