• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah, people just get attracted to DLC characters when they come out, just look at Mewtwo... It'll eventually die out and people will go back to their regular characters except for the dedicated ones (all of us?) :p
I don't see anymore Mewtwo's online myself, hahah.

Also,

How about little hype music for 3 days left?

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I wasn't hyped for Mewtwo...Curiosity is the right word but in the end, i don't like his style and he's tooooo light!

ilysm

sleepy
Guys I seriously think we just let a casual post by FAE slip by in our social thread...hey man! I remember watching your Lucas videos in the days of Brawl!

Last edited:

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Guys I seriously think we just let a casual post by FAE slip by in our social thread...hey man! I remember watching your Lucas videos in the days of Brawl!
woah what. i used to watch their videos back then too. still have been recently because hype for lucas.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Can't wait for Le Lucas, the first time I play Smash 4 will be whenever Lucas arrives. So pumped
FAE OUR LUCAS VS MARTH DAY ONE COMBO VIDEO, YOU PROMISED ME LONG AGO. I've missed you bro, we gotta play with mekos again and search for... Hyutter LOL
5ever time is back. ;)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm actually a bit disappointed in the way Omegas were handled in this game. Don't get me wrong, they're really cool. But Nintendo missed a golden opportunity with them in my opinion. Imagine if Omega Great Cave Offensive was essentially FoD? Or if Omega Wooly World was a remake of Yoshi's? So many possibilities! But instead they're all just FD clones. Cosmetically cool, but kind of a novelty.
That would've been awesome or like some stages like Wily's Castle if they had just removed the Yellow Devil, would've been perfectly fine as a competitive stage.

Yeah, people just get attracted to DLC characters when they come out, just look at Mewtwo... It'll eventually die out and people will go back to their regular characters except for the dedicated ones (all of us?) :p
Yea that was me at first with Mewtwo cause he actually is one of my favorite Pokemons but I hope that doesn't happen with me and Lucas since I love not only Lucas but Mother 3 and the entire Mother series to begin with.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Can we take a moment to admire FAE's techskill? Good lord.

I really hope at least some of Lucas's tech remains in Smash 4.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260

Just watched that video earlier this morning wow. I'm praying for Lucas's magnet shenanigans.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Lucas seems like the type of character that'd be insanely fun to play as but extremely annoying to play against.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Has anyone found out if Lucas's PKF ever did break that Charizard Super Armor from the trailer? Can't seem to find anything on the matter.

@ D Drippy I'd say so too. I think the same applies with Ness for me as well.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Has anyone found out if Lucas's PKF ever did break that Charizard Super Armor from the trailer? Can't seem to find anything on the matter.
I did some frame-by-frame analysis on the subject about a month ago

Lucas's PK Fire has two hitboxes (deduced by the fact that Ness's PK Fire Burst does have two hitboxes). The first hit supposedly (somehow) clanks with Charizard's Rock Smash and cancels it, removing the Knockback Protection from it and allowing the second hit to hurt and knock Charizard away.

What doesn't really match is the fact that clanks should actually cancel any hits (so PK Fire's second hitbox shouldn't have been active)

So really.. the only solution to that dilema is that Lucas's PK Fire must have a hell lot of Priority in Smash 4..

Last edited:

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
Shame we can't make a Moon/Meteor joke, since the Mother game with a meteorite in it was the second...

Edit: Here's guide for Lucas in Brawl. A good deal of basic info here regarding attacks and their utility will be helpful as a starting point for guys like me who weren't into competitive Smash during Brawl's heyday. If his advanced techniques come back (probably not, considering Sakurai's active removal of several techs like DACUS and Greninja's shadow Sneak DAir canceling) then it'll also help us noobs get to grips with them.

Last edited:

Dinamirer

Smash Rookie
Sarà disponibile nel vostro torneo? O aspettate un pò?
Non credo, dato che il torneo starta alle 4

Oh god that was amazing

Btw, with the smash direct, do you expect the announcement of new pg or stage? I hope they'll announce Roy, and the stage Dreamland

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

I hope he can still do that some what hover with his Down B.
He has such good recovery options when you know how to use him.
And speaking of his Down B.
I heard many say this was Pk Starstorm from the side and a new final smash altogether.
When in fact I think this is his Down B after he heals himself.

Why can't I just skip a few days.......
I want him now.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I heard many say this was Pk Starstorm from the side and a new final smash altogether.
When in fact I think this is his Down B after he heals himself.

Why can't I just skip a few days.......
I want him now.
Obviously PSI Magnet. I do not quite understand how could anybody think this is a final smash haha.

As for Zap Jumping and all the crazy stuff he could do in Brawl, I am quite pessimistic. I beleive these techs were incredible oversights of the game's physics and the character's physics.

(Another example of this would be Mr. Game & Watch's bucket braking)

Since SSB4's physics are quite different from Brawl's physics, I wouldn't doubt if this was patched/removed.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm fairly certain all them techs that weren't intended by the creators are gonna be gone. Doesn't really bother me, surely there's gonna be new stuff to find.

I'm more concerned that not-so-great players will call him broken for having the most powerful u-Smash and many projectiles, and that he could get nerfed in future patches.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I'm fairly certain all them techs that weren't intended by the creators are gonna be gone. Doesn't really bother me, surely there's gonna be new stuff to find.

I'm more concerned that not-so-great players will call him broken for having the most powerful u-Smash and many projectiles, and that he could get nerfed in future patches.
Up smash is very powerful, but it has a lot of start and ending lag.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Diddy so far is the only massively nerfed character, and even then, it's clear that they'll complain about these things if ever hit by such attacks in good moderation by players better than them. I mean,the projectiles aren't anything broken, and setting up U-Smash is not easy at all - I more predict that getting hit by it would be more common via good players punishing their bad habits (mostly airdodge landing lag, etc), not comparable to Diddy's situation where his strengths completely overrode his weaknesses.

Up smash is very powerful, but it has a lot of start and ending lag.
Basically. I think it's most best used for reads or punishing bad or laggy approaches or maneuvers (since air dodges make you now lag if you try landing with them). I'd be laughin' hard if people keep saying how it's broken when if nerfing it entirely, we'd have a case of very bad/wasted move in a character's arsenal (like Pac-Man's Side B which has too many weaknesses to even be rewarding if used well).

Also, we're still stuck with PK Freeze.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Diddy so far is the only massively nerfed character, and even then, it's clear that they'll complain about these things if ever hit by such attacks in good moderation by players better than them. I mean, setting up U-Smash is not easy at all - I more predict that getting hit by it would be more common via good players punishing their bad habits (mostly airdodge landing lag, etc), not comparable to Diddy's situation where his strengths completely overrode his weaknesses.

Basically. I think it's most best used for reads or punishing bad or laggy approaches or maneuvers (since air dodges make you now lag if you try landing with them). I'd be laughin' hard if people keep saying how it's broken when if nerfing it entirely, we'd have a case of very bad/wasted move in a character's arsenal (like Pac-Man's Side B which has too many weaknesses to even be rewarding if used well).

Pk freeze is faster. Don't count it out yet

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Alright guys now that is only 3 days left, lets talk about what you guys did when you heard Lucas say "PK FIRE!".
What i did is That i screamed YES YES and jumped around alot. However i jumped too much and broke my left foot, haha.
It took a week to recover but i regret nothing, it was absolutetly worth it!

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Diddy so far is the only massively nerfed character, and even then, it's clear that they'll complain about these things if ever hit by such attacks in good moderation by players better than them. I mean,the projectiles aren't anything broken, and setting up U-Smash is not easy at all - I more predict that getting hit by it would be more common via good players punishing their bad habits (mostly airdodge landing lag, etc), not comparable to Diddy's situation where his strengths completely overrode his weaknesses.

Totally agree, but you know, people WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pk freeze is faster. Don't count it out yet
I don't think we can't determine that yet based on the video footage. I also rather see what we can do with a frozen opponent since they'll take less damage when frozen and furthermore get out of it too quick for us to get any use out of it.
Also it appears PK Freeze still sends opponent's up, making it not very good for ground-based follow-ups or chasing.

I mostly hope for increased knockback to say, make it send opponent's flying high up to blast zone. But we'll see.

Does Lucas have a new VA or the old one? I don't want to search for the trailer.
Same voice actor as Brawl (Lani Minella).

Alright guys now that is only 3 days left, lets talk about what you guys did when you heard Lucas say "PK FIRE!".
What i did is That i screamed YES YES and jumped around alot. However i jumped too much and broke my left foot, haha.
I think I wrote something on the other topic in the boards.

But back to Lucas. I was bit of bummed to see him go, especially after how fun he was in Brawl the time I tried him a bit, but hadn't had much interest, and in PM, he was quite a lightning bruiser boy. Perhaps because Mother-series left me in pretty heavy feels from playing them and it sorta made me grow disinterested. But I recognized the popularity, fun moveset and emotional history with Lucas and his players, and I knew he shouldn't have been cut. Finally, I see Smash Bros's characters as a big family, so having someone not around felt like a part of it had disappeared.

So when Lucas was revealed to be back, I was honestly very overjoyed - because not only did his reintroduction make him so exciting to play as again, but it also rekindled immense hope for more bigger and love-filled roster by bringing cut veterans back and making Ballot give fleetway for highly craved newcomers.(Which is why I dearly hope Roy is also gonna be a thing).

And after then if we'd get such newcomers like Isaac (for me) and other highly asked popular characters, I'd honestly would call Smash Bros 4's roster unbeatable in entire gaming history of videogame gatherups. Because it would be.

I think the April Direct has to be one of the best things to happen in Smash Bros history, for this very reason. And I wouldn't be more happier that Lucas was the boy who was ready to bring in that hope for me and so many others out there with such a smile, after everything he went through to gather and hold hope for better things to fight for and eventually come on him.

Last edited:

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
When I heard the Love Theme I held my breath then proceeded to cry when he said "PK Fire."

New voice clips?
They seem to be the same clips, so it doesn't seem likely she was rehired for more clips.

Top Bottom