• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

ilysm

sleepy
I think that this board just drops progressively deeper into insanity the closer we get to the release date. Like how people gradually stop saying sentences that make sense the closer they are to a cat.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand why they couldn't give Lucas new voice clips since they hired the same woman to do voice for like 7/8 Koopalings?!?! ;-; also the fact that my favorite character (Lucas) shares the same VA as some of my least favorite characters (Koopalings) makes me mad/sad/nauseous.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I don't understand why they couldn't give Lucas new voice clips since they hired the same woman to do voice for like 7/8 Koopalings?!?! ;-; also the fact that my favorite character (Lucas) shares the same VA as some of my least favorite characters (Koopalings) makes me mad/sad/nauseous.
Good thing Lucas isn't a koopaling... yet
I love his voice and he's the original so it doesn't bother me. (:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
If it makes you feel better, Lani voices characters like Ivy Valentine, Lyn, Littlefoot, and BUBSYBOBCAT AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I think that this board just drops progressively deeper into insanity the closer we get to the release date. Like how people gradually stop saying sentences that make sense the closer they are to a cat.
Yeah before you know it we wont even be writing actual words.
Hdkviegqpfbagv oal.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Boney should be a Duck Hunt clone, with Salsa on his back

(tho most of the moveset would no longer make any sense, like the Up-B)

Drippy

Smash Ace
@ D Drippy I'd say so too. I think the same applies with Ness for me as well.[/quote]
Yup agreed and I think this actually applies for a lot of characters in my opinion like Sheik is incredibly annoying to play against but all those combos and that amazing off-stage game makes her really fun to play. Vill

I always saw it as this guy.
Wow I can definitely see that connection and now I feel like playing Claus palette just cause of how much I loved KH 1 / 2 / Chain of Memories (I still need to play the others ;3;)

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Yeah, it was like this on the Mewtwo boards before his release too. Never fret, We are only 2 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes and 45 seconds left till Lucas-geddon.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Diddy so far is the only massively nerfed character, and even then, it's clear that they'll complain about these things if ever hit by such attacks in good moderation by players better than them. I mean,the projectiles aren't anything broken, and setting up U-Smash is not easy at all - I more predict that getting hit by it would be more common via good players punishing their bad habits (mostly airdodge landing lag, etc), not comparable to Diddy's situation where his strengths completely overrode his weaknesses.
Up smash is very powerful, but it has a lot of start and ending lag.
I'm talking about ****ty players.
Lil' Mac was nerfed because non-competitive players on For Glory struggled handling him.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm talking about ****ty players.
Lil' Mac was nerfed because non-competitive players on For Glory struggled handling him.
I don't think Little Mac is broken but I'm glad he got nerfed to be honest. I find Little Mac really unfun to play against and I dread playing against one. Not to say Little Mac is unbeatable, you can easily time this character out and any competent player will kill him if he's off-stage because it is honestly not hard at all. Though super armor, heavy weight, fast speed, amazing frame data, little end-lag on a lot of moves, and he does a crap load of shield damage if you don't perfect shield a smash attack. The main problem with this match-up is that if you plan on timing him out, that's really boring and that's assuming a stage that's not FD is even chosen. In addition good Little Mac players actually know how to stay on the stage and take advantage of his godlike ground game. Playing against Ksizzle and this one guy on For Glory, they actually knew the character really well and did a lot of kill set-ups into KO Punch and actually bothered to use grabs in crap, they weren't like some random For Glory player who just spams smash attacks or dash attack / Side B, they actually knew the character and their set-ups and even used Little Mac's aerials which occasionally caught me off-guard.

Again I definitely do not think this character is unbeatable or even broken and I actually think he's balanced and is perfect the way he is, but that doesn't change the fact that he's REALLY frustrating to play against considering how much pressure he puts onto you. Who knows though, I've only been playing for maybe about three months on the Wii U version (I practically rage quit when I got the 3DS version and never practiced) so maybe it's just a personal issue for me considering I'm still new. This is just my personal opinion on the character as to how I see it, and I definitely know I need to work on a lot of stuff like perfect shielding and teching consistently in such.

Last edited:

krebstar

Smash Rookie
So uh... I'm a Mario main. But in brawl I exclusively played Lucas, non competitive. I wanna get the hype train rolling! Are there any great videos/players I need to watch from brawl?

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
So uh... I'm a Mario main. But in brawl I exclusively played Lucas, non competitive. I wanna get the hype train rolling! Are there any great videos/players I need to watch from brawl?
Well FAE (FightAdamantEevee) has some fun to watch combo videos. There was a linked in depth lucas guide here:

Shame we can't make a Moon/Meteor joke, since the Mother game with a meteorite in it was the second...

Edit: Here's guide for Lucas in Brawl. A good deal of basic info here regarding attacks and their utility will be helpful as a starting point for guys like me who weren't into competitive Smash during Brawl's heyday. If his advanced techniques come back (probably not, considering Sakurai's active removal of several techs like DACUS and Greninja's shadow Sneak DAir canceling) then it'll also help us noobs get to grips with them.
but you asked for videos.. still a good read.

Pink Fresh plays Lucas competitively. That's all I can recall at the moment.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I don't think Little Mac is broken but I'm glad he got nerfed to be honest. I find Little Mac really unfun to play against and I dread playing against one. Not to say Little Mac is unbeatable, you can easily time this character out and any competent player will kill him if he's off-stage because it is honestly not hard at all. Though super armor, heavy weight, fast speed, amazing frame data, little end-lag on a lot of moves, and he does a crap load of shield damage if you don't perfect shield a smash attack. The main problem with this match-up is that if you plan on timing him out, that's really boring and that's assuming a stage that's not FD is even chosen. In addition good Little Mac players actually know how to stay on the stage and take advantage of his godlike ground game. Playing against Ksizzle and this one guy on For Glory, they actually knew the character really well and did a lot of kill set-ups into KO Punch and actually bothered to use grabs in crap, they weren't like some random For Glory player who just spams smash attacks or dash attack / Side B, they actually knew the character and their set-ups and even used Little Mac's aerials which occasionally caught me off-guard.

Again I definitely do not think this character is unbeatable or even broken and I actually think he's balanced and is perfect the way he is, but that doesn't change the fact that he's REALLY frustrating to play against considering how much pressure he puts onto you. Who knows though, I've only been playing for maybe about three months on the Wii U version (I practically rage quit when I got the 3DS version and never practiced) so maybe it's just a personal issue for me considering I'm still new. This is just my personal opinion on the character as to how I see it, and I definitely know I need to work on a lot of stuff like perfect shielding and teching consistently in such.
I guess Mac is in a category of his own. I like fighting them though, you can't be messing around or you'll get hit hard.

People do complain about Ness' b-Throw, which hasn't been nerfed since 64, it seems. They want it to be the strongest.
Maybe they also want Lucas' u-Smash to be the strongest. Hmm.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Speaking of Pink Fresh, do we have any word on if he's going to pick Lucas back up?

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Speaking of Pink Fresh, do we have any word on if he's going to pick Lucas back up?
wow i read a AMA or something where he answered that and I want to say yes (?)
ill edit this post with a source if i find it again.

EDIT: It wasn't answered, but he did answer who he said he might main in the FAQ. Here is the AMA if anyone wants to read. So for now, I don't know if Pink Fresh will pick up Lucas again, but I'm leaning towards a yes.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
2 days...2 days and our's little boy will be back! Omg i can't believe it

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
2 days...2 days and our's little boy will be back! Omg i can't believe it
It being so soon doesnt even feel real. I cant believe we're getting him back, but at the same time I'm so hyped.

To deal with the hype has anyone just watched the Lucas DLC trailer on loop to hold themselves? I know I've watched the video at least a few hundred times.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
It being so soon doesnt even feel real. I cant believe we're getting him back, but at the same time I'm so hyped.

To deal with the hype has anyone just watched the Lucas DLC trailer on loop to hold themselves? I know I've watched the video at least a few hundred times.
Do you remember when the roster was leaked? I was so disappointed that Lucas wasn't back.
But when i saw the direct, oh man...PK LOVE EVERYWHERE!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Boney should be a Duck Hunt clone, with Salsa on his back

(tho most of the moveset would no longer make any sense, like the Up-B)
Salsa mimics Flying Mouse. Problem solved.

I'm sure Lucas won't get anything too drastic, honestly. He's quite balanced and plays very good when used well, really. I just hope he's at least somewhere upper mid-tier or even higher to have balanced and potent char as a main.

Perhaps I'll boot up my Brawl and play him a bit again.

Last edited:

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Instead of Pac-Man (which actually is a really cool newcomer) i would say Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina.
Oh yeah! Pac-Man is a fun character I just like that because it was a wreck it ralph reference aha.

I like Lucina because of her game, but wish they would have made her moveset more unique. I mean she could've been a characater with Chrom as an alt skin since they both have the same fight style (from cutscene in game) that wouldn't match marth's.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
Oh yeah! Pac-Man is a fun character I just like that because it was a wreck it ralph reference aha.

I like Lucina because of her game, but wish they would have made her moveset more unique. I mean she could've been a characater with Chrom as an alt skin since they both have the same fight style (from cutscene in game) that wouldn't match marth's.
And with Roy, we're gonna get the 3RD Marth :/

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
And with Roy, we're gonna get the 3RD Marth :/
Yeah... I could care less about Roy. I don't mind though because his mains would be happy. I don't think it's possible to have a certain amount of character slots in smash (watch me get proved wrong) so I don't mind if he comes back anyway, but Roy is the worst Lord anyway even in his game.

So I was browsing the way I draw myself and...

I seem to draw pretty identical hairstyle to Lucas's?
Pro tip: Don't fight the mecha drago.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm gonna be streaming MOTHER 3 together with a friend who's running the game blind only hours before the DLC.
Uggg... I can't wait any longer...

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Only 3 days until Lucas! I never really played him in Brawl so I'll give him a shot now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom