• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I'd actually been meaning to ask about this. How exactly do we know d-throw's kill power was nerfed from watching the trailer? My recollection is that in Brawl, it was a combo setup throw at low percents and a kill throw at higher ones. Psychic characters have always had the most powerful throws (Ness, Lucas, and Mewtwo have always had a kill throw in their arsenal). Who's to say anything's changed?
For some reasons, I tought something bad could have happened to the throws, seeing how the kill power of Mewtwo's throws were slightly reduced from Melee(IIRC). But I probably judged too fast here.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I believe his u throw and bthrow will still be strong. I practically took a vacation just for lucas. Off til now til a week after lucas is released. My body is ready

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I want to remember you that in smash 4, there isn't a single character that can kill with d throw...
If Lucas will have a kill throw, will be back, forward or up throw.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I want to remember you that in smash 4, there isn't a single character that can kill with d throw...
If Lucas will have a kill throw, will be back, forward or up throw.
Tbh I think most of his throws will kill at 150 especially with rage if given the right positioning. Won't matter if up throw kills

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
:4olimar: Blue Pikmin Dthrow kills quite early doesn't it? If not, then :4charizard: has a potent Dthrow too, right?

On the subject of Lucas' throws, :4lucas: Bthrow literally won me a set in a national tournament once. I was versing an MK, we were on our 3rd game, both last stock high percents (both over 100%), I got up off the ledge after he tried to edge-guard, and he tried to nado back, then after I blocked it he tried to get away in nado but it ran out. For some suicidal reason I decided "I can grab him now!" and somehow actually grabbed him and immediately B-threw him. He wasn't expecting it and DIed right to his doom. :grin:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yep it's at about level 60.

If you're farming for the battle at the end of chapter 7, then you CAN farm it there, but you can go into that boss at level 50 and be fine. I'd recommend using NPC sewers to farm up for PK Ground later. By then it's easier to clear enemies anyway. :grin:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dthrow to usmash confirmed
Lucas might have other kill confirms though anyway, Sakurai did say something along the lines of "it's so satisfying when his down aerial and up smash attacks connect" which seems to suggest we'll have a heck ton of frame advantage after a Dair even if the Usmash isn't guaranteed. :D

But I can't deny I'm secretly hoping for a Bthrow or Fthrow that's almost as powerful as Ness' Bthrow. <3

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Lucas might have other kill confirms though anyway, Sakurai did say something along the lines of "it's so satisfying when his down aerial and up smash attacks connect" which seems to suggest we'll have a heck ton of frame advantage after a Dair even if the Usmash isn't guaranteed. :D

But I can't deny I'm secretly hoping for a Bthrow or Fthrow that's almost as powerful as Ness' Bthrow. <3
I doubt it'll be as powerful as ness bthrow but itll probaby still be strong. Also it was if hid Bair connects not dair, however he did say something about spikes so maybe dair. It definitely meant we get dair back 99% sure

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I came here to do a count down.
But the thread itself beat me to it :laugh:
I can't wait to see Lucas' clapping animations.
His victory poses.
The fact he will have 4 trophies.
The fact he will be in the sound test when playing the Mother 3 love theme and other mother songs.
The fact his voice will be in the sound-test.
The everything. EVERYTHING <3

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
I just wanna see him in Smash 4 (4 more days for me :bee:). I hope he'll be good, but even if he isn't I'll still use him.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I hope his D-throw is more of a combo throw, rather than a kill throw, we have Forward, Up, and Back throws for kills, but we only have 1 throw for comboing!
also, Shulk, Charizard, and Ike's d-throw all kill I think
I also hope that Lucas doesn't have a kill throw like Ness'. I already feel cheap when playing as Ness and using back throw.
5 more days can't wait!

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
:4olimar: Blue Pikmin Dthrow kills quite early doesn't it? If not, then :4charizard: has a potent Dthrow too, right?

On the subject of Lucas' throws, :4lucas: Bthrow literally won me a set in a national tournament once. I was versing an MK, we were on our 3rd game, both last stock high percents (both over 100%), I got up off the ledge after he tried to edge-guard, and he tried to nado back, then after I blocked it he tried to get away in nado but it ran out. For some suicidal reason I decided "I can grab him now!" and somehow actually grabbed him and immediately B-threw him. He wasn't expecting it and DIed right to his doom. :grin:
Uthrow, not dthrow.

I hope his D-throw is more of a combo throw, rather than a kill throw, we have Forward, Up, and Back throws for kills, but we only have 1 throw for comboing!
I also hope that Lucas doesn't have a kill throw like Ness'. I already feel cheap when playing as Ness and using back throw.
5 more days can't wait!
This, this and this!

Last edited:

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
5 more days can't wait!
It looks like his D-Throw might actually go right into Nair(s?), correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm not sure about a kill throw either, he may have possibly lost his from Brawl to Smash 4.

Just 4 days (5 in some places) until we find out, I guess! :awesome:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Actually charizard dthrow is a kill throw, and a very powerful one. Can kill as early as 110 at the edge especially lmao

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
If you're interested, I'd be happy to practice Lucas with you and perhaps offer some advice on fundamentals.
Sure! When Lucas drops we can play together :) maybe not on the 14th as I'll probably be trying to figure out some stuff on my own + play with my siblings and stuff, so probably on the 15th we can play if that's okay :)

Also, what is your favorite song from Mother 3 everyone? I think my favorite one is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuLb-edhJ50 (I guess technically not from Mother 3 since it wasn't actually in the game but.. oh well)

Last edited:

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Sure! When Lucas drops we can play together :) maybe not on the 14th as I'll probably be trying to figure out some stuff on my own + play with my siblings and stuff, so probably on the 15th we can play if that's okay :)

Also, what is your favorite song from Mother 3 everyone? I think my favorite one is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuLb-edhJ50 (I guess technically not from Mother 3 since it wasn't actually in the game but.. oh well)
if i find anything with lucas ill share with you guys, maybe even join if that is alright ;

I got quite a few favorites from Mother 3 im torn between:
Fate/Serious
Mom's Hometown
Natural Killer Cyborg
Unfounded Revenge
Porky's Porkies

Mr. Batty Twist

That's quite a lot but mom 3's OST is so good.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
if i find anything with lucas ill share with you guys, maybe even join if that is alright ;

I got quite a few favorites from Mother 3 im torn between:
Fate/Serious
Mom's Hometown
Natural Killer Cyborg
Unfounded Revenge
Porky's Porkies

Mr. Batty Twist

That's quite a lot but mom 3's OST is so good.
Oh yeah, NKC is so good!
actually all of those songs are good.
you can join us if that's alright with Step :)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Gah, I just noticed I'll be at work the moment the Mini Direct and Lucas happen... for a good 8 hours D: I could use Boney's Speed stats right now...

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Gah, I just noticed I'll be at work the moment the Mini Direct and Lucas happen... for a good 8 hours D: I could use Boney's Speed stats right now...
As soon as he was announced I requested the days ahead off lmao. I have an entire week with mah boi

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I know that his Final Smash will probably just be another form of PK Starstorm but...

Give him a Final Smash where Flint runs in and launches opponents to the Nowhere Islands and then Kumatora teleports in with Duster and Boney and then Kumatora uses broken Offensive PK and Duster uses Thief Tools and Boney disrespects with the bites and Flint's still there whacking them with Lighter's Lumber and using Power Smash and Lucas then 4 stocks everyone with PK Love Ω and the opponents get launched to the sky where Hinawa throws rotten Omelets at them that deals 999% and launches them.
A PSI-powered youth can dream.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know that his Final Smash will probably just be another form of PK Starstorm but...

Give him a Final Smash where Flint runs in and launches opponents to the Nowhere Islands and then Kumatora teleports in with Duster and Boney and then Kumatora uses broken Offensive PK and Duster uses Thief Tools and Boney disrespects with the bites and Flint's still there whacking them with Lighter's Lumber and using Power Smash and Lucas then 4 stocks everyone with PK Love Ω and the opponents get launched to the sky where Hinawa throws rotten Omelets at them that deals 999% and launches them.
A PSI-powered youth can dream.
Well now I'm just set up to be dissapointed.
You know that reminds me, isn't it odd how NONE of the party members from Earthbound and Mother 3 have trophies sans Jeff? Literally the only chance we will ever have to see them in 3D, gone...

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Well now I'm just set up to be dissapointed.
You know that reminds me, isn't it odd how NONE of the party members from Earthbound and Mother 3 have trophies sans Jeff? Literally the only chance we will ever have to see them in 3D, gone...
If I'm correct, Jeff, along with Paula and Poo, had trophies in Melee.
Yeah, for example, Paula:

Last edited:
Top Bottom